Astaroth

Crossroad demon
29th May, 1867.

Dear diary.

Numerous dark stains have been appearing all over the world, pine trees growing all around them, and over them. There have been reports of mysterious creatures, unnatural beasts that roam these zones. what is happening?.

30th May, 1867.

Dear diary.

It was an absolute massacre, caught on camera. One of those horrendous beasts made its way inside a supermarket, in a village of Sweden. It had huge teeth and claws, the police was unable to harm it in any way. The survivors are leaving the village, abandoning everything they have. They fear for their lives.

4th June, 1867.

Dear diary.

It didn’t just happen in Sweden, it has been happening all over the world. People, humans are being purged, cleansed, completely annihilated. We have to do something, if no one does, I will. This can’t keep happening…

5th June, 1867.

Dear diary.

Scientists all over the world are working on it, but they can’t take so long… for now it’s been said those dark patches will be abandoned and surrounded by walls.

16th June, 1867.

Dear diary.
They can climb walls, but not if said walls are electrified… luckily now we have a way to contain them. Now we must learn how to exterminate them before they find a way to go through electric fences. I’m scared, but I’ve also started talking to people. We need to unite against this plague… and we must do so, soon.

22nd June 1867.

Dear diary.
I came face to face with a beast this morning. I looked at it in the eye and… I thought I was already dead, but strangely enough, it ignored me. Why?.

[The rest of pages are blank]

We are on the 22nd of January, 2017. The association against dark creatures (AADC) was founded by Sireesha Redwood 100 years ago. Since then our organisation has contributed to the investigation of dark areas and monsters, some specimen(few) have been captured and studied within our multiple laboratories. And finally, 10 years ago in 2010, a way to put an end to our struggles and eradicate every single monster on Earth's surface, was achieved.

A Blue Wisp, is, quite literally, a ball of blue light similar to a will o'wisp. It levitates in small zones within the dark patches, always solitary, as it has never been found in a group. It has also been proved that those species are completely harmless, and the only complications that could come up during its capture, would. be the fact that it can teleport.

Our experts developed a special containment tank that can capture a wisp and negate its teleporting abilities. Making it very easy to take it back to the laboratory.
Once there, it is cremated. From its ashes, mixed with water and several other substances, a solution that makes dark creatures disappear, can be made.
Even though it is still an experimental process, it has proven to be working fine in some zones of North America and Asia, and that is why it will be proved in Spain next.

The zone you will be exploring is located in Spain, near the Picos de Europa Natural reserve.
Your job, as a group, is to go inside this zone, capture a Blue Wisp, and come out.

To join this project and become a known hero who helped get rid of the monsters once and for all, you must meet the following requirements:

• You must have between 18 and 55 years.
    • You must pass a psychological exam.
    • You must pass a physical exam.
    • You must be able to survive in the wilderness.
    • You must have basic notions of first aid.
    • You must be able to use close range weapons to defend yourself.
    • You must accept that death is a possible fate once you enter a dark zone.
    • You must know how to use technological devices. (phones, tablets.)
Once you make sure that you meet these requisites, you are free to apply for our program. We are looking for a small group of 8 people. Those who we believe will work better together, or will be more useful for the team, will be part of it. The rest will be put on a waiting list. In case one member of the starting team dies or goes “AWOL”, that is to say, missing, the next person on that list will be called.

If all the team members are killed or disappear, the situation will be studied and a new team will be formed shortly afterwards.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The members of the team will have access to:

• Monster archives.
    • Special technological devices, one per person.
    • A general chat for the group.
    • A general chat with the project supervisor.
    • Walkie-talkies
    • A one use anti-monster weapon (A new one will be granted if wasted, once a week.)
    • Resources once a week.
    • Maps of the zone, on the devices and on paper.
    • A Blue Wisp (BW) containment tank. (one per person)
    • A stun baton (electroshock weapon)
    • An impermeable backpack.
    • Basic survival equipment.

Rules the members of the team must follow:

• Do not engage in battle with any monsters if it can be avoided.
    • Only use your weapons to defend yourselves or to provide food in case hunting is necessary.
    • Always be weary of your surroundings.
    • Do not abandon the dark zone without permission.
    • Report any holes in the electric fence.
    • Report any monster encounters to the project supervisor.
    • Report your situation once every 9 hours to the project supervisor. An alarm will be set on your personal technological device to make it easier to remember.
    • Capture the blue wisp.
    • Proceed with caution.
Reach for your dreams and grab them!, be a hero!, join AADC!

Actual roleplay rules for players:

• Respect the site rules.
    • No metagaming, godmodding, etc. Is allowed.
    • All the characters must be human, any nationality, any race are allowed.
    • While I allow and encourage proposing new ideas for the roleplay, as the GM, I have the final word.
    • Your characters can die, it is something that can happen. However, it will not be random. Within the roleplay itself, the characters will be warned about dangerous situations they should avoid.
    • Respect the character sheets.
    • Remember your character would have passed a psychological and physical exam, therefore, a minimum of fitness is required. As well as mental illnesses would be avoided.
    • Have fun!, that’s why we are playing : D
    • Respect and be respected
    • Minimum of grammar and punctuation, please. Review what you write before posting.
    • Consider that, if someone wrote two paragraphs for you, they might not be very happy if your answer to that is just one sentence.
    • IC and OOC are separated. Please if your characters argue, there is no need to be angry IRL.
    • If a player does not post, or contact me in any way for 2 weeks straight, their character will be reported as "gone missing". Their spot in the group will be replaced, but they can appear later in case they came back.
    • If your character dies, you will have two options. To make another CS and be accepted again if it is a good sheet, or leave the roleplay.

Information your character could have heard about:

“I’ve heard it from some people, you know?. That when someone has a child they were not looking forwards to having, they abandon the baby next to a dark zone and in the morning, the kids are always gone.”

“Do you think monsters take them?.”

“I think they eat them or something, man... what else could those things want a kid for? Play babysitting? *chuckle*.”

“I have no idea. But I have heard that the kids are like, adopted by the monsters… can you imagine ?”

“No. Maybe they become monsters or something, but monsters raising human children? No way.”

-Dark rumours, Tv program.

There have been reports on drones being sent to investigate dark zones, however, most were snatched by monsters or mysteriously lost the signal. Please keep us informed if you are witness of anyone entering.dark zones to steal drones. None have been recovered so far.

-Local police, Rome, Italy.

Local 78 year old man goes crazy!.

A strange man who suffers of paranoia affirms he walked up to the dark zone fence and talked to a monster!.

-Internet blog. By GhostC==3#59

Human sightings within dark zones?!.

Some of the AADC workers and volunteers affirm to have seen with their own eyes some human beings inside the dark zones. Have monsters learned how to mimic our forms?, were they having a collective hallucination?. No other signs of human activity have been reported. Please stay alert and report any existent case of human sightings. Do not try to communicate with them if actually seen.

-Monstruogossipy magazine.
We have a room within @Nilum discord server to discuss anything. If you don’t have a discord yet, I recommend you make one asap!, but anyways, I will be posting any important news on this thread, just in case.

Link to discord server!

Once inside, our room is aadc. Wait for a mod to approve your account and then you’ll be free to visit any rooms inside it.

Warnings for the rp: Will contain gore, might content sexual situations. Which cannot be explicit.

If you have any questions post them here, as that way we all have one answered question and you don't ask the same thing 5 different times.

This is subject to change at any point.

Character sheet:

Full name: (self explanatory)
Sex: (genitals. You can include gender if it doesn't match the sex)
Appearance: (picture or description, or both 1 paragraph minimum if description)
Personality: (The way your character is, the way they see/do things, and why. 2 paragraphs minimum)
Biography: (backstory, 2 paragraphs minimum)
Why do you wish to join AADC?:
Abilities: (what can your character do?)
Strong points and flaws: (example: My character is good at hunting but bad/not so good at orientation... etc)

Full name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Why do you wish to join AADC?:
Abilities:
Strong points and flaws:

Spots filled 0/8

Last edited:
Full name: Leah Thompson

Sex: Female

Appearance: Leah is a fit woman with a toned, muscular body that proves her previous career. She is 5ft 4in tall (163cm) and weighs 117lbs (53kg) and looks a little younger than she is, appearing around twenty-four or just under. She has acne-prone skin that is heavily spot-scarred, though she has no 'proper scars' (scars not caused by popping spots/pimples). She has a tanned complexion like someone who spends much of their time in sun beds, and it looks delicate to the extent that the slightest graze might just permanently scar her. She has slim and sharp facial features, with thin lips, a pointed nose and a jaw that looks like it could cut steel. She has high set cheekbones and a cupid bow that sticks out like a sore thumb. She has dark brown hair that has seen many sorts of dyes, as Leah enjoys to dabble in different hair colours. Her hair rarely hangs loose, usually either in a high ponytail, a braid or two french plaits. She has hazel eyes.

Personality: Leah is a cocky and fiercely competitive person. She feels the need to outdo herself and others constantly, though will often do so in secret, always quietly plotting to improve herself to gain glory of sorts. She has a great ambitious drive. Despite her longing to be better than others, Leah works well in teams, seeming to think that getting closer to rivals will provide her a deeper look into what makes them better than her. She is more modest than she is prideful, able to tell when her skills are not needed and she needs to let others take over. She very rarely feels the need to take the spotlight.

Leah is generally quite gullible and trusting, and if she was to be tricked by a monster it would take quite a few people to convince her that it wasn't all too good of a thing. She is usually pessimistic. Towards friends and companions, she is more friendly and supportive than with strangers and acquaintances, only really being rude as a joke.

Biography: Leah was born the youngest child of two. Her older sister, Melissa, had PCOS and thyroid problems, which lead to a lot of weight gain. This weight gain eventually lead to Melissa dying of heart disease at the age of 14, when Leah was 10. With this, the family drastically changed their lifestyle. Once they had finished mourning, they made moves to make sure that such a thing didn't happen again in the family, as they changed to a vegetarian diet and picked up various sports.

When Leah expressed an interest in triathlons at 11, she was greatly encouraged by her parents, and after two years of training she entered into Ironkids/Kids Of Steel. She ended up 57th place her first year, 34th place her second year, and 10th place in her third and final year. She kept on competing in triathlons right through high school, earning first place in multiple. She went pro at 18, competing in the ITU Long Distance Triathlon World Championships. The past few years she placed, first, then third, then first again. She makes a living off the attention she receives, having been on various shows such as The Ellen Show and also the prizes she wins.

Why do you wish to join AADC?: After her recent wins, Leah has felt a need to put her skills and talents into better use. She is also seeking glory past what she gets for ITU.

Abilities:
She has incredibly high stamina. She can swim, run and cycle for great distances. She also has a great ambitions and is a very determined woman.

Advantages:
Leah is a good and fast runner, swimmer, and cyclist. She has good reaction times and is very quick. She is good at keeping track of where she is. She is quite good in close combat.
Disadvantages: Leah isn't very good in long distance combat, mainly in accuracy. She can't climb and is afraid of heights. She finds it difficult to hurt innocent animals, so she isn't good in hunting. She is gullible and easily tricked.

Everyone, I've decided that all who wish to participate should have their character sheet submitted by the end of march. I will be absent ish for the first week of april, so during that week I will evaluate the character sheets that have been submitted and post who have been accepted, and who are in the waiting list.

Full name: Anastasia Mohji Paige.
Sex: Transwoman (male to female).
Appearance: I included a few pictures that include her. If this is a "realism roleplay", and her colour scheme doesn't fit this verse, I completely understand. Let me know, and if that is the case, she has, instead of purple-on-cyan hair and golden eyes, brown hair and purple eyes. Yes, purple - she has always suffered from Alexandria's Syndrome in her "realism" format. This is a metaphor to show that she is unlike any other, and has been around for as long as her realism format has, if my memory serves correct. The first picture (THOUGH HER HEAD'S TOO BIG VXERC^T&YB*UN(I) shows her features facing forward, such as the way her fringe splits and her eyes/glasses. The second (featuring "Dylan", the bloodthirsty hermaphrodite from her biography) shows her from the back, which shows what her actual hair looks like.
Personality: Annie is the motherly type, very caring, and comes across as if she could not hurt a fly. Of course, she struggles to understand why the monsters can not be studied and understood as more than just beasts of darkness, but instead their own species. Even so, she believes that sacrifices should be made to save those under distraught by them. Annie is very accepting of just about everybody, and she believes everybody should have the same rights, and should be treated equally no matter who they are. To her, disabilities, race and sexuality all build character, and character should never be used as a form of discrimination. She is always studying everything in her sight, writing and sketching in her journal about what she can see.
Biography: Annie grew up in Kyogoku, Japan, in a peaceful life untouched by agony or suffering. Growing up, she was awfully curious, and still retains that trait. She would always run away, her only intentions to study what she could see. One day, however, she trekked too far.
She can't remember exactly what happened. She remembered waking up in a hospital, a tune ringing in her head, and a necklace around her neck that said "Gloria" on it. Her parents, her three friends and her older brother told her that she went missing for a few days, and when they found her, she was lying beneath the rubble of a house that had burnt down.
Soon after that, her parents took her with them as they travelled to England on a business trip. She lived in London, of where she begun to bloom in her talents of writing an drawing, and took up piano lessons just so that she could play that tune back to herself, but ah... She could never get it right. Was she just using the wrong instrument? There, she met two new friends - a bloodthirsty hermaphrodite with a filthy mouth and a sweet boy in a wheelchair. She grew up with those two, which left her slightly thrill-seeking, and a bit of a risk-taker. She admits, the boy in the wheelchair was the only sense out of any of them.
When she turned sixteen, she moved to Spain with the two.
Why do you wish to join AADC?: "Victor was always engrossed in the stories of AADC as we were growing up. He'd never shut up about them! Dylan told Victor he was delusional, but I was quite interested. Next thing I knew, all three of us were fanatics about it all. We were all so interested in the stories, and we could never get enough of the legends. After we moved to Spain to attend a specific college, we found out about the AADC appliances going down here, and all three of us wanted to join, so we all applied. However, due to Victor's wheelchair, and to Dylan's horrible mess of mental illnesses, I was the only one who managed to get through. I want to help the world back on its heels. Of course, I'm going to pay attention to what information I can find out about them while I'm down there, too, while I'm saving the world. I want to see how dark these creatures really are. What if they can raise human babies? Either way, I'm here to save the world, study the darkness, and to make my friends proud."
Abilities/Strong points and flaws: Annie is very fast on her feet, and very light at the same time. She can be quiet while she's running for her life, and she can run for quite a long time. However, she is HORRIBLE at concentrating. She can't stay focused on anything unless she's drawing or writing. With it being quiet in the walls, odds are she could hear something and run away, but if she didn't end up hearing it... She'd be dead by daylight. Having grown up with somebody who was quite interested in weapons and such, she also has great knowledge about weapons. She also knows how to kill people, no matter how unlikely she is to do it. She knows how to take them out quietly and cleanly. She's also good with guns, with steady hands and great aim.

I hope she's okay, I really like Annie and I feel like she's the only one of my characters suited for this - there aren't many people willing to kill in my project who aren't complete nutjobs ;;

View attachment 730 View attachment 728

Also, quick question - can I have help with the Discord server? I made an account, and I had access to the #general chat, but once I'd verified my account, it said I didn't have permission to view its history anymore. I also can't seem to find the AADC channel.

Also, quick question - can I have help with the Discord server? I made an account, and I had access to the #general chat, but once I'd verified my account, it said I didn't have permission to view its history anymore. I also can't seem to find the AADC channel.
You have to wait for a mod to show up and approve it. Then you will have access to it. Just type in the general chat. Or come into the server right now and we'll fix it.

"problen"
And I'm assuming this is just like our meme chat? Like, we have our roleplay, our OOC thread, and our memes.

Sorry for the delay. Midterms are coming up, and I've been busy. I should be able to come up with a character this week, though.

Back