1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread, the help forum, or PM one of our Wardens for assistance.
  3. Donation Drive - Heavy Site Expenses Imminent. Anyone interested in helping out, [see here for details]. Thank you everyone for being such a great community of people! - Tiko
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Bug Account Approval Reset? See Here For Information!

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Tiko, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Tiko

Tiko Demon Goat Staff Member Administrator Chronicles of the Omniverse GM Warden

Okay, so yesterday I was tweaking the criteria on our approval process and an unforeseen side-effect happened. Essentially I slightly modified the criteria necessary for the system to flag an account for review. This criteria is used to move an account into our review group so we can review and approve it.

Unfortunately when I tweaked those settings, the system is now rechecking every single user to determine if they still meet the criteria to be marked for review. Instead of ignoring them and moving on when they meet the criteria, it's putting them BACK into the review group to be reviewed again. I fixed everyone and went to bed, only to find another wave had been re-marked for review when I got up this morning.

There's not much I can do at this point except let the system run its course and keep moving everyone back into the approved group as it goes. I'll be checking on it throughout the day so that no one's stuck unable to post for very long. Feel free to PM me as well (or post into this thread) if you find that you're unable to post in the IC forums (if you previously were able to). I'll be keeping my phone near at hand today so I can get people fixed in a timely manner.

The whole thing should resolve itself soon enough. In the meanwhile I once again apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused anyone.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017