Cream's Monthly Artistic Competition February 2017

Crim

The blobfish
IMG_20170212_0001_NEW_zpsjcvsd4lc.jpg

So welcome to Cream's monthly artistic competition! I have finally had the time to set this up and so here we go! Any questions, ask here. And submissions can also go here too. I will collate them into the thread to vote for the winner when it's time! :)

How does it work?

Each month, I will post 3 topics for the month in which you can chose 1, 2 or all three (see the topics section below to understand.
I will give a two week deadline for entries to be sent in on this thread.
Once all entries are in I will set up a poll for the community to vote for the winner of that month.

Who can enter?

Artists - Digital or Traditional.
Photographers.
Musicians.
Any other artistic talent that I might miss.

Rules

You can submit as many pieces as you want.
Anything submitted after the deadline won't be accepted.
The submitted piece needs to have at least one of the three topics incorporated.
The topics can be incorporated in any way shape or form - as words, pictures, sounds... be as creative as you want.
Keep it within site rules

February's Topics!

As it's the month of love, lust, etc... Valentine's Day! So, this is the theme.

- Using the colours Red/Pink (doesn't have to only be those colours)
- Incorporating Roses, chocolates and/or hearts
- A romantic setting

Deadline

26th February - 5pm EST / 10pm GMT

Last edited:
I'm not much for competitions, but I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring.

This is a piece called "She Left Red Marks" and it's a tribute to my late aunt. She was known for wearing vibrant pink or red lipsticks and as kids, we were wearing them like badges of affection on our cheeks. This is a nigh-obsessive remaking of that affectionate gesture as I remember her by her profile.

SheLeftRedMarks.jpg

I used mulberry paper that was 19" by 23", my rough estimation of the size she would be from the angle the original picture was taken from. I just used some generic bright pink and red lipsticks, with my mom's help in picking the colors that my aunt would've.

SheLeftRedMarksDetail.jpg

I looked like a crazy person as I was making this because I was applying lipstick, kissing the paper, then wiping if off, over and over again. Especially for the parts that were partially red and partially pink. My lips were real raw after it all, but I'm also pretty happy with how it turned out.

So, that's my contribution! Thanks for taking the time look it over! :3

This piece is titled, 'Lightning's beauty.'
For reference, this is the poem on the inside, written by a friend of mine.

Untitled

The Raw beauty of lightning
Short and dazzling do not close your eyes
for this moment will not repeat.
It's beauty is pure, it holds no lies.
It's beauty is kind, it shows no teeth.
It's beauty is unmatched.
However unlike this unchained creature of light.
I do not possess the might
to tell no lies,
for one thing can compare, your smile so bright.
So please show me.
I will not close my eyes.
full

I will just enter a small picture I took today, sad story though... a man made those for children to make them happy and got fired for that since it took really long for them and the people behind had to wait a lot. This was the last pancake he made here :(

0uSXjKF.jpg

Back