Dark Stuides

The male barely cringed as Sitiri took hold of his hand and squeezed. The male was large in size, his skin was dark with various markings that coated his skin and his hair was black where two horns stuck out. His tail flicked slightly at his back. A grin on his lips revealed the sharp teeth.

"To deliver a message from my master. " he broke lose of Sitiri's hold and with drew his sword for the moment. "A brother's revenge." He said then locked eyes on Mary for a moment.

She tensed but remained where she stood, glaring back at the demon. It seemed to amuse him.

Then Hexel's voice was heard coming from the foyer. The demon did a mock bow before disappearing into the shadows, the flames in the fireplace dying down a moment.

Mary let go of the breath she had been holding. She nods to Sitiri then goes to find Hexel. As soon as she did, she ran into his arms, wrapping her own around him as she burrowed her face in his chest.

Sitiri didn't bother to look at the demon that vanished from his home. He hated the fact that Mary was afraid. It left a pain in his chest as he watched her run to find his son. There was much Hexel would need to do to see to the safety of his bride as well as his child.

Hexel was running when he saw Mary in a flash of movement he was over to the woman pulling her into his arms and burying his nose in her hair, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry," He kept murmuring. He had been late. Terribly late getting back to her. The fear he had felt from her made his stomach churn.

Mary held into him for a moment longer, not wanting to let him go. Taking s deep breath and calming herself, she lifted her head and gazed up at him. It wasn't his fault, how could either of them know this was going to happen?

The memories from her time with that demon had been brought to the surface at the appearance of the demon that had appeared tonight. She had tried hard not to let her fear show but she realized how impossible it had been to do around demons that can sense it.

She looks up at Hexel now. "Please stop apologizing. Your father protected me. The demon only came to deliver a message." She surprised herself with how calm and steady her voice was. "He said it was a message from his master. 'A brother's revenge.'" She says as she repeats the message they had been given.

Lifting his head he cupped her face in his hands and shook his head sending that long curtain of obsidian dancing, "That's not a good message in the least," he pulled her tighter to him, "He will try and kill me to take you for his own," He informed her. He will try and kill me in a way that his brother wouldn't have likely. He may try and use you to get to me..." Hexel was truly upset about this, "I will be sending you to stay in heaven till I know it is safe."

Sitiri stood in the doorway to the hall, "Are you sure that is wise. As long as she bares a child of demon blood she will feel weak there."

"So will they," Hexel stated.

She was afraid and she hated how it made her feel. Gently she touches her stomach as he spoke of sending her to heaven and what this demon may have planned. She pushed away those dark memories and looks to Hexel. Sitiri was right, she would feel weak but she also knew that Hexel may be able to focus better if she is there.

She nods slightly. "I'll go...but promise me you will be safe...promise me."

Hexel patted her head and gave a gentle smile, "I'm sure we can find some one willing to assist you in your stay in Heaven. The Archangels have a heart of gold on most days. It might waver when demons are concerned. But with you being human they may stick to their vows a bit more."

It wasn't still something she was completely comfortable with but she trusted him and his judgement. "Alright...but while I'm there, what will you be doing?" She asks with concern.
" So you delivered the message?" The demon that had taken the life of the detective sat in a high backed chair near the edge of a room. His face was calm as he regarded the male across from him.

" Yes sir and you were right. She is with child. The male was not there but his father was. The message was clearly received though. "

Moric nods his head scratching at his chin a moment as he thought . "He'll have returned by now and she'll have told me the message. He'll try to hide her. It won't work." A cold smile touched his lips.

"I know the things my brother did to that female but by the time I am done with her male , she'll be begging to be with me. Then I'll keep him alive long enjoy to see me rip her apart and slaughter his child . Then, only then shall my revenge be complete."

He cupped her cheek lightly in his hand and leaned over her so his hair created a curtain that hid them from the world around them, "I will be securing our claim to the world. I will make it to where none will dare challenge me again on my claim for you." It was a promise that carried with it the voice of a king and of a father to be.

Sitiri smiled slightly at the couple. His son would become the next ruler of his realm and become one of the seven kings of hell.

Her eyes searched his face as she gazed up at him. She found comfort in his words that she let herself relax but not foolishly.

She wraps her arms around him and nods a little. She could feel a calm warmth move through her. Gently she touches her belly. "I think someone else agrees with you." She smiles softly.

He gave her a deep kiss then moved towards the door drawing out his key he slipped it into the lock but didn't turn it, "You have to turn the key and find your way into Heaven. When you get there just ask for the assistance of one of the arch angels they will aid you. Keep that key with you at all times."

She savored that deep kiss, returning it as she didn't know the next time they would see each other. She was afraid, she would not lie to herself but she was worried about him as well. Her eyes went to the key as he placed it in the door but didn't turn it.

Find heaven, she could do this, she had to do this. As much as she didn't want to leave him, staying would distract him. Standing at his side, she kisses him again then took hold of the key. She focused and thought of heaven as she remembered it. Turning the key and opening the door, it revealed the beauty of heaven. Before stepping through the door, she looks to Hexel. "I love you Hexel and you better be safe." She smiles softly.

She steps through the doorway and began to walk along the path that would lead to the gates. Leaving him made her hurt, she felt troubled leaving him but he couldn't fight with her beside him. She knew that.
"Get the others ready. We will keep him busy ,weaken him. Then once I have him, we'll finish his torture and complete my revenge. I want to feel his blood on my hands!"

Hexel felt like his heart was being torn out as he watched her leave. It hurt like a dagger twisting in his gut but at least she would be safe. He turned to his father before vanishing from the realm of demons. Slowly he appeared in the human realm. He sat atop a large apartment building that looked out over a river that moved by seemingly at a snails pace. Under the smooth surface he knew it tore away the banks that held it confined.

It was the same for his very soul within his body. He simply protected his beloved human only to endanger their future. But he couldn't and wouldn't let her become lost in the senseless violence that was his kinds nature.

Mary had walked along the path until she had reached the gate. She was uneasy and nervous but she forced herself to be calm as she knocked on the door. Once it was answered she did as Hexel told her and asked for the aid of an Archangel.
The brother was waiting in the human realm with a few of his men. The rest were still located in he'll as they try to figure out where Hexel will try to hide his human.

As soon as Hexel appeared in the human realm, they had sensed him. The brother stayed back as he sent his men ahead to attack the make. He wasn't going to waste time with waiting. He wanted his revenge and while the fool thought he could hide his human, he would find her and then finish his revenge. He was eager for this. Could already taste the human's fear and would savor killing the male slowly after he destroyed them both. Her being with child only made this sweeter because he would rip the child out and kill it. Yes he would have his revenge.

The wind ripped through his hair carrying with it the whispered warning and pleas for him to find a place to weather the storm that was racing its way towards him. Hexel had no desired to do such a thing though. Breathing in the sulfuric scent that marked rage he allowed that baser wilder side of him to breech the surface of his soul. His form became his natural one. Horns and tail that took on the soft glow of the setting sun.

As the first enemy appeared he grinned in such a way that would make the normal soul shiver and desire to flee. His blade in hand he rendered the first into two halves before setting on the next. Hell would only know his desire to protect his beloved child and wife.

Far off in the heavenly realm a Valkyrie sat in the stretching branches of large oak. Her lilac gaze landed on the wandering woman who appeared through a key gate, "Lost little lamb."

The male had smiled coldly as he witnessed the male tear through his men. Yes it was how he wanted him. Angry. It suited his needs just fine. He would wait until he had the female as well to finish his plan but oh he could taste it already.

Mary had stopped short when she heard the voice. Her eyes widen at the sight of the large valkyrie. She shakes her head slightly. "I'm not lost. " she states back at the thing.

The Valkyrie was a beautiful creature. She was mostly human in appearance but with large golden wings and large amber eyes. Her long hair was curled resembling threads of gold, "Not lost?" she asked tilting her head to the side, "You seem lost to my eyes little lamb."

Mary tried to hide her unease as she kept her hands from her belly. She shakes her head. "I know where I must go and know how to get there. So I am not lost." She nods. Then looks up the path before looking back to the creature. "I must be going now. I'm sorry."

She starts along the path again towards the gates. That was where Hexel had told her to go to Heaven so she and her young would be safe. Why was she so afraid? Please let him return to her.

"You reek of fear and sadness," the Valkyrie informed her as she fell from the branches of her tree and into step at the human's side, "Do you think they will notice the little Trojan horse?"

The question seemed directed to no one as she danced about the tiny human for a moment before coming to stop before her, "What makes you so sure?"

It was hard to even focus on her thoughts as the Valkyrie danced around her. "Trojan horse? I do not understand what you mean?"

Then when the creature stopped before her, she had no choice but to stop as well. She stared back at her. "Because I trust the one who told me."

A grin slipped across her face as she moved closer, "Trust is rare but often tested, Trojan horse. Can you assure me that which you carry bares no harm to the realm behind those walls?" She pointed behind her with the careless flick of her wrist. The Valkyrie weren't in the business of keep people out merely making sure they didn't disobey the rules that held sway over them.

Back