Doom- A story by ArxBLUE (STILL BEING UPDATED)

Arx11Comic

Chapter 1​
Altair reached the city, fully armored. He passed through the huge gates, immediately met by chaos. People, some not even people, were bustling about. He saw a couple of thieves, tearing up posters. Altair sighed, knowing that he had just met his greatest challenge yet.
"Need food, sir?"
Altair whipped to the side; a storekeeper was outside his store, advertising. "Oh, yes." The storekeeper nodded and pointed to a shelf full of supplies for making food. Altair glanced at the shelf. "Can I get something already made?" he asked. The storekeeper looked a little annoyed but shook that off. He pointed to another store. "I only sell supplies. Go to Flesh, he has some pre-made."
Altair nodded and entered the other store. A little bell rang as he entered. Flesh, the storekeeper, was yelling and trying to stop a fight. Altair stood, watching. He noticed Flesh was beginning to... smoke? He was smoking! Not with the cigarette. His body was. Eventually, the two people stopped and started to Altair. One shoved him out of the way, and Altair stumbled back and caught himself. "I'm sorry sir," Flesh said, walking toward Altair. The steam had gone off now. "I just don't like people fighting in my store!" Flesh raised his voice at 'people,' looking at someone in one of the isles. The person snorted and kept looking. "Um, yes," Altair said.
"Anyways, I have a ton of food, if you would like to look!" Flesh exclaimed. Altair nodded and walked over to a shelf. Pastries. The looked delicious, and he looked over at Flesh, who was arguing with the person from before. He grabbed a package and walked over to the counter. He set the package down on the counter, and reached in his cape pocket, looking for gold to pay with. He heard a loud THUMP and turned around. Nothing unusual, except Flesh smoking again. He looked back at the counter, and the pastries were gone! Instead, there was an arrow with a hood carved on it. "Flesh?" Altair called.
"What is it?" Flesh said walking over. Altair pointed to the counter, at the arrow. Flesh snorted.
"Slate."
"Who's he?"
"A thief who always steals from this store."
"Why hasn't he been arrested yet?"
"A bigger criminal killed most of the army."
Altair was surprised. He looked over at the store ahead of them, and a hooded man with a bow and arrow was sitting on the roof, holding the package. He shot Altair a look and ran off. Altair grunted.
"Why don't you do something about it?" he asked Flesh.
"Oh, believe me, I've tried."
"...and?"
"Guess."
Altair sighed, and grabbed another package, and paid for it. "Well, keep an eye out, and maybe you can catch him.
"In my dreams," Flesh laughed.
Altair started for the door to notice two people blocking it. Male and female. He was about to walk up to them to ask them to move when he heard them arguing.
"..... so I would suggest you step down."
"Why should I? You should be dead already."
"But I'm not, am I? Now leave, weak."
"I'm not weak."
"I'm the biggest criminal in this entire city." Altair heard this. The biggest criminal. In a tiny store?
"So?"
"I can kill you in seconds, along with your entire family."
Altairs eye got a little red, hearing this. The second soul in him began talking to him. That's no way to talk to a lady.
Altair grinned.
We should stop them.
No! That's the biggest criminal in--
He saw the man about to hit her.
Never mind.
He ran up to them and grabbed the man's wrist right before impact. "Hey, treat the lady nicer than that.
Altair let go, and the man instantly touched his arm. The golden armor began turning purple. "What the--"
He tore off the armor and threw it a couple of feet away. Flesh noticed and started to them. A new golden armpiece came flying past the girl and slammed into place on Altair's arm.
"Clever... if that poison had stayed there, you had a mild chance of death. Don't mess with me. I can treat anyone like--"
That's when Altair slapped him, and his glove turned purple. He threw it off and summoned another glove.
"Watch yourself, boy."
The man turned away.
Altair jumped up, and said, "For the protection of all souls, I am a god." All his armor came off, and red armor appeared with a white cape and slammed on him. The man turned around, grinning.
"You're challenging me?"
"Oh yeah."
What are you doing?
Fighting.
You saw what he did! Don't--
The man ran up and grabbed his chest plate. The plate flamed red, and the poison came out. Altair watched the poison float away--
WHAM.
The man had punched Altair in the face while he was looking away, sending him back a few yards. Flesh jumped out of the way, smoking. Altair slid on the ground, sparks flying. He quickly got up and looked for the man. "And why haven't you been arrested?! What happened?" He felt the breath in his ear.
"want to know where they are, and why I'm not arrested?"

"Because I killed them all."

Altair felt a shove, and fell to the ground. He leaned up and saw the man leaving. "I'll find you!"
WHAT? You just sealed death for us.
I know.
Altair glanced at the lady, who was recovering her hood. He saw fox ears while she covered her head, and ran out the door.
Altair sat there, and all the red armor turned back to gold. He glanced back at Flesh. "Sorry!"
"You'll be even more sorry if you don't get off my floor and stop fighting!" Flesh yelled, smoking like he was on fire.
Altair quickly got up, and left the store, thinking about what just happened.
Chapter 2
*to be continued*

Last edited:
Altair slammed the door behind him, frustrated with the second soul. Obviously, it thought that the door was locked because the soul came out in form. "What were you thinking," Altair said as he locked the door. "I was thinking of revenge, that's what!"
"You only think about yourself!"
"I was thinking about us."
"No, and you weren't looking ahead. If I get killed, you have no armored soul to be with, unless you can jump dimensions."
"Maybe."
"YOU CAN JUMP?"
"No."
Altair sighed, and all his armor fell off and flew to a board on the wall. Altair sat on his bed. He had gray skin and was bald. He only wore jeans, because usually, he had armor on. He looked at the soul.
"Well?" The soul said.
"Fine. But I take control."
"..."
The soul went back into Altair, and he fell asleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zdravko walked away from the store. He had just poisoned a random guy on accident! Well, he just wanted to scare the guy off. He was really annoying, and got in the way often.
He got on a roof, and heard a clunk behind him. Slate walked next to him and sat down.
"How did you do that?"
Zdravko didn't answer.
And then the author ran out of time, so he will update this later.

Slate kept quiet after that, deciding it was best to keep quiet. He looked over at where the armored man had gone into and thought about robbing the place.... No. He saw what the guy could do. That was too risky. He looked over at Zdravko. He was still silent, looking over the town. Suddenly, Zdravko jumped off the roof and went into the forest. Slate sighed. All criminals basically bowed down to Zdravko. He killed almost the entire army!
Then how did the golden guy survive?
He looked over at the house again, his mind filled with questions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Altair woke up, with the soul in front of him. "What now?" Altair groaned, sitting up. "Forgot to mention, that lady the criminal was arguing with?"
"What about her?"
"She has fox ears."
Altair looked at the soul.
"What do you mean she has fox ears?"
"What do you suppose?"
Altair groaned, and the soul disappeared. He looked out the window and saw the lady with Flesh at the bay. He needed to tell her. If he didn't-- that didn't matter. He needed to go. Altair stood up, and all his armor slammed onto him. He walked out, and over to Flesh.
"Hey," Altair said quietly. Flesh and the lady jumped up, eyes wide. The girl was holding a staff. "Another thief---? Oh god, I need to be alone." She quickly left. Altair looked at Flesh.
"Your fault," Flesh said, shrugging. Altair turned back around and ran after her. "Wait!" He called.
-------------------------------------------------------
Milla kept running, despite the Golden man's calls. She quickly turned into an alley, hoping she lost him. What did he want?
-------
Altair saw the girl turn into the Alley, and skid to a stop. She was still running. And he was running out of breath by this point. Okay. Last resort. All his armor came off and formed a body in front of the girl.
----------
Milla looked back, to see the man stopped. All the armor was gone! Good. He gave up. She looked forward, seeing another armored man. She yelped, and skid to a stop. All the armor fell into a pile. She was breathing heavily, holding her chest. She looked back, and the man was walking forward. "Look, we need to talk."
"No! I don't even know your name!"
"Altair, the guy who literally saved you at the shop."
"Milla. Now go away."
"No."
All the armor flew onto Altair, and Milla broke into a run again.
-----------------------
Even after Altair said his name, she broke into a run again. God dang it. Okay, time to throw the long bomb. "I know you are part fox!" He yelled. Milla skid to a stop, not moving. Altair slowly walked forward. "When my armor went red, I wasn't in control. It's... another soul. He saw the fox ears."
"I don't believe you. I'm leaving, and this time don't follow me."
She ran again, and Altair stood there, alone. He sighed, and walked back to the house, thinking. He saw a poster for the criminal, named Zdravko. He tore it up. At least he knew the name. He slammed the door behind him, and sighed. The armor went back on the board, and he stepped out on his porch. That's when he saw Zdravko in a tree, with army men at the roots. He's afraid of the army men? He nearly laughed when Zdravko jumped down, and brutally murdered all of them. Altair froze. Zdravko stopped, looking around. "I know you are there, Altair." That's when Altair ran into the house, and slammed the door shut.

Altair leaned against the door. "What kind of idiot am I..." He went back outside, facing Zdravko. He had no armor on. He shook his head, and Zdravko noticed him. "When do you learn?" "Never, apparently." Zdravko looked at him, frustrated. He suddenly ran toward Altair, and Altair jumped out of the way. His armor slammed onto him, as his sword formed. "Gold? What happened to the "God?" "I'm not letting that happen for now." Altair dodged a punch and fell down. He pushed himself up with his hands, kicking Zdravko away. He got up right when Zdravko grabbed his chestplate, lifting him up. The poison began spreading. Altair's armor fell off, and he fell in the pile of armor. Zdravko grabbed his neck, threw Altair in the air, and punched him HARD. He went flying through a wall, causing a couple of people to panic. Zdravko looked at the rubble, no Altair in sight. Suddenly red armor slammed on Zdravko, going past him and into the rubble.

A red hand slowly lifted up from the rubble. Zdravko felt very mad by this point. "If you keep..." Zdravko said, grabbing the armor, and lifting Altair up. "Getting in my way..." He threw Altair in the air and jumping up. "I'll kill you!" He yelled, punching Altair so hard it dented his helmet, and he flew through a wall. He got up, grabbed Zdravko, and suddenly they both fell, seemingly unconscious. A crowd slowly moved toward the mess, curious as to what it was.
---------
Zdravko and Altair stood in a purple space, seeming to go on forever. There was a small exit out of there. "Where are we?" Zdravko said quickly. "My mindscape." Zdravko went to punch him, and as he did, his armor turned gold again. Altair slid back, catching himself. Zdravko yelled, going at Altair with everything he had, slicing him in half, (which Altair would come back together) Punched him hard, poisoned him, killing him so many times. But he kept standing up. Zdravko noticed he was holding his hand out and wasn't fighting, he was taking the blows. Eventually, Zdravko stopped, exhausted. He looked up to see Altair sitting down, laying back, hand behind him. It had all turned from purple to black. Not saying anything, Zdravko stuck out a hand. Altair took it, and Zdravko disappeared. And soon, so did Altair.
---------
The two slowly got up, barely noticing the huge crowd surrounding them. A murmur ran through the crowd as Zdravko got up, Altair still struggling. Altair's armor was once again gold as he got up. They stood, facing each other. "Thanks," Altair said. Zdravko grinned. "Let's call it even."
"Deal."
Zdravko ran off, onto the rooftops. The crowd made more noise as he left, and then they all looked at Altair, somehow expecting something. Altair noticed Milla in the crowd, too. He shrugged, pulling out his sword. It grew and stuck on a chimney. It began shrinking, Altair going with it.
----------
Milla watched Altair leave, running on the rooftops. The clanking of his armored feet faded, and the crowd broke up, some staying to help out with the mess. Milla decided it would be best to follow the man in gold.
----------
Altair fell down on his bed, exhausted. That was risky, letting Zdravko into his mindscape like that. As he hit the bed, his armor flew off onto the regular board. The 2nd soul came out of his chest, looking quite upset.
"Why the hell did you do that?"
"Figured it was the best decision."
"I could've died."
"And?"
"You could've."
"Did I?"
Before the second soul could answer, there was a knocking on the door. Altair jumped, as the soul disappeared. "Coming, hang on!"
He threw on a shirt, and opened the door.

"Hello there."
"Milla!" Altair exclaimed. "What brings you here?"
"I wanted to talk to you about that fight between you and Zdravko."
"Ask away," Altair said, shutting the door behind Milla and sitting down at his desk. He pulled out some sort of iron rod, and started melting some gold. He slathered it on his helmet and other scratches on his armor as he talked to Milla.
"First thing, you were right about me having the fox ears..."
"Mm hmm...." Altair felt a little beam of 'I told you so' feeling.
"Second, what the hell just happened?"
"Eh, we got in a fight, like criminals and good people do." His eye flamed a bit red. Stop.
"Yeah you both passed out and called it even."
"So?"
"First of all, nobody has EVER survived a fight with Zdravko. Second, nobody wakes up with their greatest enemy and 'calls it even.' See my point?"
"I don't, actually." I want to take over. No.
"I think something happened while you two were passed out."
"What could have happened?"
"That's what I'm asking!"
"I dunno."
Milla sighed. Altair finished up his armor, and spun his chair, facing her. "Why are you stubborn?"
"Why are you part fox?"
"I was born like that."
"I rest my case."

Back