New User hi, this is porcelain

@Deroc would you mind doing me a favour and answer me a few questions?
q#1: are there any kingdoms in racc that have existed for longer than 300 years?
q#2: if not could you supply me with the oldest?
q#3: would it be allowed for me to create a small section of history simply related to my character? by this i mean events far before the average human life span.
q#4: do you have any already generally accepted rules or guidelines based on magic?
q#5: do you have a special calender you would prefer me to use?
q#6: witches. i would like to inquire of witches. are they common in this world?
q#7: also souls, spirits, and ghosts. how do they work?
q#8: do you do language in this roleplay? i have been to roleplays where they actively choose to completely reject language, so this would be nice to know
q#9: would it be ok for me to have a very malicious/troublemaker type character? my assumption is that it is perfectly fine but i feel it would be wise to ask
q#10: in order of most to least favourite, waffles, trifle, pavlova or cheesecake?

A1 (Answer 1) : I think the oldest kingdoms are Ehelion, Eiramond and Nullmagic. Which of the three kingdoms are the oldest, I'm not sure but I think it's Ehelion. You should better ask their respective owners, @Devin, @Edge45 and @Daffa the Mage (Daffa is a bit inactive these days) for some information, since they own these factions and know about them very well.

Kharcia was also an old kingdom, but a bit younger and it got annexed into the much younger Pherith eventually. I'm not sure about Pherith, but before being a kingdom it had been there in different statuses (duchy, margraviate, archduchy).

Hopen might also be an old empire too, having a giant navy and a horde of demons at their side, but not as old as Ehelion I think, but also not a recent creation either.

A2 : If you're looking for the oldest kingdoms, it's either Ehelion or Eiramond. I guess you would go for tropical Ehelion, since I feel it's a lot more older and it has a wonderful culture compared to the northern snowy Eiramond.

A3 : Where? In the History thread or the Character Sheet thread? I think you should put a summary of your character's personal history in the Character Sheet, and then put the full version in the History thread.

A4 : Yes, I have a few rules in mind. I have magic as some sort of energy accessible to enlightened (gifted or trained) souls and brains. It depends on some sort of energy/substance called mana, which actually could be found scattered in the cosmos but concentrated around planets. And souls are immortal and cannot be destroyed most of the time.

A5 : Mostly no. The calendar here wasn't made with detail. But if you want to relate your dates with the Earthling/Terran calendar (e.g. Gregorian calendar), then I would suggest you to ask me. That's because I already have come out with an alternate history of my own.

A6 : Witches, well, they are in moderate numbers. Not too populous but not too scarce either. Though it depends a bit more on the country's culture and military.

A7 : Ah, yes, I have also a rough idea about how souls, ghosts and spirits work. Souls are most of the time immortal, they are the real consciousness instead of brains, and can be reincarnated into different beings depending on the situation and karma. They have feelings too, and mostly knowledge of their previous mortal life. But some enlightened souls might regain much more past life knowledge. Souls when apart from bodies are quite limited in ability though, but they can pass over obstacles easily and do some small tricks.

A ghost and spirit is a spectral lifeform, being able to do crazy creepy stuffs like in the horror movies. They can be detected and defeated into souls.

A8 : What do you mean by "do language"? You mean fancy languages your character would speak? If so, no problem, heck I do this with a couple of my characters too. But please avoid having most of your contents in this fancy language, and OOC messages should be in English.

A9 : Yes, of course! More drama = more fun! :D

A10 : waffles, trifle, pavlova or cheesecake
Pavlova > Waffles > Trifle > Cheesecake

Wait, why don't you give me Black Forest cakes or chocolate cakes? I love them so much, much more than any other cakes~~

thank you for your vast and bountiful answers
i have some more questions in reply to those
i am unsure if other people will want to see them and also i want to mess around with this and see how it works so im spoilering it

ok so firstly, the part with souls is very relevant. the mythical creatures, as of now, are designed to be creatures that are made from essentially franken-souls. a powerful and endurant magic user would cut parts out of their own soul and sometimes mesh them with others. the idea is that this kind of tinkering with natural forces causes the soul to become a violent and cannibalistic abomination that must feed on the souls of living creatures (or just souls in general) to sustain itself. this kind of diet is also prized in the creatures make-up because it allows it to be fused with powerful spells and runes, sapping magical energy from the souls it consumes (or perhaps just breaking down these souls into magical energy). if souls are meant to be immortal in racc then i may need to rethink how these creatures work, though that shouldn't be a problem seeing as all this is simply a small part of the larger picture for these beings. the whole 'soul eating' thing isn't intended to be an edgy and lazy trope but instead a deep, thoroughly planned out and thought through logic behind these things, so i'm not sensitive about changing it.

if you think it would still work, do tell, but i doubt it is the case from what you have told me so far.
what do you mean by 'immortal'? do you mean they can not be extinguished or do you mean that they simply exist beyond the realm of the living?
in this world, is it totally logical for souls to be related to magical energy (or mana it seems, i ought to get into the habbit of calling it that)? kind of like zen or chi, is where i get this idea. also skyrim because enchanting is cool
in this case is mana more like waves/particles that bounce all around the universe or is it more going along with the other explanation where mana resides within peoples bodies and other objects, and someone must know how to tap this potential to its fullest to become a gifted magic user?

Well, I'm not entirely sure of the creatures as I have some of my own ideas of how souls should be, yet also not wanting to restrict people's freedom too much. I just haven't thought about this clearly. I think we should all be fine as long as we don't go too deep about the subject of magic.

But things like runes, spells and whatnot of course works well in this world! Souls also carry some mana with them too, and they always emit some vibrations or light currents, sometimes which could be used to power something.

I intend for only the highest of deities to be able to destroy souls directly, and these types of deities are normally not allowed in the roleplay, otherwise it would cause a lot of mess and drama both IC and OOC. Though souls can be judged by some lower hellish deities (such as the Yama/Yanluo Wang) in some cases.

Creature-mixing and most mythical creatures would still work, the technical details and stuffs just don't ask me. When you mesh souls together, they would still be intact as individuals, but also fused together. Excuse me but I couldn't find a better word for it -- it's like sex, but creature-mixing is just like one of the spiritual equivalents of sex.

Maybe souls could be broken down if one tries really hard, who knows? It's said that every atom got its own soul, and that atoms can be further divided into other smaller particles...... maybe it's the same with souls?

Immortal means they usually cannot be extinguished by normal means, unless through certain deities of the highest powers. And yes, they exist beyond the realm of the living as well.

Well, I don't really know about mana, nor have I planned the details, but some people in the roleplay world say that mana, crimson and dark matter compose a large part of existence itself.

in this case is mana more like waves/particles that bounce all around the universe or is it more going along with the other explanation where mana resides within peoples bodies and other objects, and someone must know how to tap this potential to its fullest to become a gifted magic user?

Uhh, yes I think so, but both applies I think. Mana here is like waves all around the universe, but is more concentrated in gravitational areas and lifeforms. Such as peoples bodies and also most planets. And yes, someone should grasp the potential of mana, and know how it works to become a great mage.

Though psychic brainpower and mental forces could influence mana itself.

Oh, and I forgot, there's another kind of magic. Which is blood magic, @Edge45's speciality. You can ask him for details about blood magic. He came up with the idea of blood magic, and he said that it's not really magic however. In the original roleplays, blood magic made his minions rapidly regenerating from damages and can also do other crazy things like possessions, mind seizure, etc.

EDIT : Oh, wait... I forgot shadow magics too...

so basically I think there are at least four types of magic in this world -- Mana, Psychic, Crimson and Shadow

hm
blood magic would likely be worth my time
well, what do you think. should i go with soul digestion or something more elaborate like maybe the theft and processing of mana from living creatures for some reason? maybe if i learn more about blood magic and how that works i could instead have it more based on that
regardless i would prefer if however this works it has some adverse effect on the victim, for plot and backstory reasons

Wait, I've decided to change my mind a bit about soul. I'll make it so that Souls can be torn and divided, but then the torn apart soul pieces would be nearly identical and always feel a connection towards the other pieces of the same soul. And soul pieces can be meshed.

Soul digestion is ok, but you can't really destroy a soul and the pieces will always feel attracted towards other pieces of the same soul. Mana stealing from living creatures also work! :)

Well, as for blood magic, you should ask Edge45 about it, he knows better

Wait, I've decided to change my mind a bit about soul. I'll make it so that Souls can be torn and divided, but then the torn apart soul pieces would be nearly identical and always feel a connection towards the other pieces of the same soul. And soul pieces can be meshed.

Soul digestion is ok, but you can't really destroy a soul and the pieces will always feel attracted towards other pieces of the same soul. Mana stealing from living creatures also work! :)

Well, as for blood magic, you should ask Edge45 about it, he knows better

will do
for your new conclusion, i like it a lot
it adds a level of depth to this
it means these creatures would have a convenient plot attraction to their ancestor/parent souls if that makes sense
for soul digestion i will come up with a way it roughly works without breaking this dividing rule, should not be difficult
last question for now
i had an idea for if souls are separated from the body, where the body would slowly begin to turn to dust or ash. would you say you like/approve of this or do you think something different would happen? it has no effect on my plans whatsoever

edit: it comes from african mythology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_eater_(folklore)

yep,

hey by any chance would you be interested in doing a tabletop rp with me?

will do
for your new conclusion, i like it a lot
it adds a level of depth to this
it means these creatures would have a convenient plot attraction to their ancestor/parent souls if that makes sense
for soul digestion i will come up with a way it roughly works without breaking this dividing rule, should not be difficult
last question for now
i had an idea for if souls are separated from the body, where the body would slowly begin to turn to dust or ash. would you say you like/approve of this or do you think something different would happen? it has no effect on my plans whatsoever

edit: it comes from african mythology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_eater_(folklore)

:)

I think it's an interesting idea, and also allows for more colors in the plot

Well, usually yes, unless the body was put in magic or the soul was very holy. That would be what happen when most people die, their souls leave the physical bodies, and the physical bodies begin to rot as a result.

Approved? If yes, then looking forward to roleplay with you! ;)

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I've been slow to getting posts in (busy with back to school things), but if need be maybe we can explore the site together to get used to it haha. If you ever want to chat, just send me a PM! :)

hey by any chance would you be interested in doing a tabletop rp with me?

depends what tabletop roleplay
among other things
i havent got all the free time in the world and im already joining something else
so if its low effort and not very time consuming then sure
but if it is anything like d&d, where character creation takes 2 hours in one sitting and youre expected to continuously drain out ideas
then i will have to pass

Back