Alathon III
Alavara II
Aidan II
Eruanna IIII I

Added to Website Already? No

Single tallies = 1 point
4 with underline = 5 points

FORMAL IC PLOT START

Please reread the very first post in this thread. Your characters have all just woken up in a strange city. It is ghostly. Almost every structure glows with a pale blue color, as if everything is made of spirits. The structures are all tangible, which is confusing as they seem like they would not be able to interact with this world. Around you stands a crowd of Talohm, all quietly watching as their heroes step forward and approach each of you in turn. Avyra was the first. She welcomed her Talohm Spirit into her own and they became one. She feels different, she can sense the foreign body within her own and yet, it feels perfectly natural. Each of your characters will be approached by a Talohm hero. The color of that spirit is according to spirit you chose in your CS:
Restoration (Light): White
Destruction (Darkness): Black
Life: Green
Death: Blood Red
Illusion: Cyan
Alteration: Mahogany
Intuition: Medium Silver
Valor: Royal Blue
Defense: Dark Grey
Offense: Light Silver
Union: Orange
Prophecies: Teal
Memories: Purple

When the Talohm Spirit enters into your soul, your eyes will glow the color of that soul for a moment. For about a minute after they enter, you will still be able to hear them speak but they will quickly fall quiet. Your character has felt a change, but isn't sure what that change is. [NOTE: No soul abilities are unlocked. Your character doesn't even know they have them yet.] When all have had their souls fused with a Hero of the Talohm, perhaps the Talohm will give you some kind of guidance on what to do next.

2dSQyIS.png
Moren awoke with a start. The ground was hard and cold and . . . glowing? His eyes struggled for a moment. He had been making his way down a warm, Esaer path in the woods with an old friend and a new friend and then. . . this? Had he fallen? Where. . .

The Dhomharan took a deep breath and opened his eyes, forcing himself to take in his surroundings. Very quickly he became aware that something had happened, but he wasn't sure what exactly it had been. Rising carefully to his feet, he saw a crowd of Spiritfolk. The Talohm, was what they were called, and he had only ever seen a handful in his entire life. They served the lands and aided in the passing of the dead to the realm beyond, this much he knew, but beyond it, nothing. This place, he realized, must have been their great city. He had never even glimpsed at it from a distance, but he had heard stories. Nobody had ever entered into it. They simply walked towards it and after a certain point, it stopped getting nearer. A person could walk for a thousand days and never get closer to the city after that point. Some said it was haunted with darkness, others laughed at such a belief, insisting it was simply the home of the Talohm and nothing to be feared. Moren wasn't sure what he believed but he was bothered by the suddenness by which he had arrived here. If he truly was in Yvir'ilae. . . then he was far, far from home.

Looking around, he saw that Eruanna and Alavara were there too, along with several other strangers, all the races seemed to be present to some extent but it seemed the majority were Sylvuin. He was about to move closer to Alavara who had gotten to her feet, along with the rest of them, but then the crowd parted and let through a party of very unique and very strong-looking folk. These were Talohm for certain, but they were different. Stronger, perhaps, more vibrant and visible. While the rest of the race looked as if they would blow away in the wind and pass from existence at any moment, these few were. . . stable.

It was only a moment later when they received a strange and brief explanation of what was happening when one of the beings, a large, purple one, stepped forward and seemed to fade into an Almiun woman's body, disappearing entirely.

"What is all this?" Moren asked quietly, looking around to see if anyone else was as concerned as he, and it seemed a good number of them were.

Suddenly, he noticed a tall being was stepping towards him, veiled in a shade of bright green. With each step nearer, the being grew shorter and shorter until he was precisely the height of Moren. Moren only assumed it was a he, but he wasn't positive. Looking closer at the being, he saw that the wisps of green essence were curling out into vines and leaves, just faint and small shapes forming at the edges of the being's hair and on the fringes of it's robes. "I should think you owe us a fair better explanation for all of this. You can't just take people. It isn't right of you."

~We did not choose this. Fate has decided what will be, Fate has delivered you here. We are only strokes in a masterpiece that has grown thick with darkness. Alauum is missing. You have been chosen as bringer of the Great Balance. I have been chosen as your guide, your companion, and your strength.~

The being was definitely male, but Moren was no more comfortable with what he had just been told than he had been before he had been told it. "So, you'll just. . . step inside of me? Fuse with my soul? And I'll go on my merry way?"

~There is more on your path than you can know, but yes. One step at a time is all that is required. You cannot understand now, but there is darkness creeping through the heart of this land. It lurks and waits and now it has been given a chance to rise. Alauum alone can allow us victory. Without its Authority, Balance will fall away and Endurn will fall with it. Rest your heart knowing that you were born a part of something bigger than yourself alone. Welcome me, for I will guide you. Welcome me, for I am your strength: you need only to see it in time.~

Moren sighed. This was the making of an adventure, the likes of which he could not have dreamed of nor he would ever have wished to dream of. Suddenly, he missed his dear cottage and longed for the brumbling of his companion, Grimsfeldt. The being stepped forward and Moren tried his best to stand his ground, to not flinch back in fear. When the essence of the being drew near enough, they began to creep out to him, like vines seeking light, and when one met his flesh, the being released itself from the physical world and fell into Moren's soul.

He felt it then. It was within him and it was as if it had filled a void he didn't know he had. He felt full, strong, complete. For a moment, his eyes flashed green, and the voice of the Talohm entered into his mind.

~Your friend. I have reached out to him and he knows you have not left him alone, but left for a time only that you might return. He will wait for you at home. You have not abandoned him. He knows in his heart this is true.~

And then the voice faded away. Silence returned in his mind and Moren felt. . . normal. The unusual feelings, the foreign presence, it all. . . felt normal. He turned to Alavara, to Eruanna, and to the others. "Well. . . I can at least say to you that it doesn't hurt."

Last edited:
Zaos awoke to the voice of a stranger saying that something didn't hurt. Well, that was a bit off-putting. He sat up and took a look around. Noticing that the ground was glowing, he jumped slightly, but had nowhere to run to, as the ground all around him seemed to carry the same glow as well. In fact, everything around was glowing. How was this possible? Some sort of bio-luminescent moss?

And then there was the matter of the figure that was approaching him. Equally glowy, but this time teal in color, it shrank in size until it was exactly the same height as Zaos. Finding his words, Zaos asked, "Who are you? What do you want?"

~Do not fear me, Zaos.~ A voice said, though it seemed to echo all around, and yet it was only present inside his mind.

"How do you know my name?" Zaos questioned, only getting more disturbed by this situation by the moment. Maybe if he told himself it was only a dream... But then, he knew that dreams had no feelings, and already he could feel a tingle that seemed to resonate from the figure before him.

~I know a great many things, Zaos, things you will come to know yourself, in time. But first, you must accept me as your guide.~ Came the voice's reply, and Zaos shifted uncomfortably. ~Let my spirit merge with yours, and I will guide you and lend you my strength; you will need it in time.~

Naturally, Zaos was hesitant. First, he was standing in Tolin where he had just witnessed a wedding he never wanted to go to, and now, suddenly, he was in a glowing city with glowing people telling him to let them "merge their spirit with his," and that he would need their strength. He had no idea what that was supposed to mean, nor did he really want to find out. He just wanted to go back home and tend to his flowers, and yet, he found himself wanting to know more about this strange, glowing figure. Eventually, he relented, giving a slight nod, and the being left the physical world, it's soul merging with Zaos'.

For a brief moment, his eyes flickered teal before resuming their natural color, and then, that same voice said, ~I have asked that Amina look after your shop and garden for you. Let her look after things for a while, and when your purpose has been fulfilled, you can return.~

"What is my purpose?" Zaos questioned, but even as he spoke, he could feel the other presence within him fading away, and he felt as if nothing had ever happened. He never did get a response from the voice, but he knew that everything would become clear in time.

It seemed Eruanna had made a smart choice in a companion. Not only was he pretty good at his runes, but he had a bear for a friend--she still couldn't wrap her mind around it--and knew an Odakkai who seemed to know her stuff. This trip certainly wouldn't be perilous at all with these new friends by her side! She was filled with a new, warming confidence, and bounced along the path as they walked, the ground slowly disappearing under a layer of crisp snow and the sky darkening. It was true, she couldn't see in the dark, but she had no qualms with walking in it either. But it was the obstacle they stood before now that gave her pause.

"Uhm, well," Eruanna began. She hadn't considered this possibility, for all she'd analyzed the map. Her heart quickened. "I, uh, I really can't--"

She woke up in the snow.

Or, at least, she thought it was snow until she lifted her head and found no evidence of flakes. The ground was simply cold, chilling to the bone, and she shivered, wrapping her arms around herself as she sat. Her eyes took a few moments to adjust, as did her mind. The floor... it glowed, and a faint light seemed to be coming from elsewhere around her. The trees were gone, the sky had changed, the air was quiet.

Suddenly she scrambled to her feet. A large, purple thing was approaching a figure to her left--"Moren?" But it didn't seem he heard her. He was talking to it, that purple ghostly figure, whose identity it took her several more moments to define. Talohm.

She watched in horror as it fell towards him, sinking into him as though it were little more than smoke. Moren's eyes lit green, returning to their original color seconds later. He didn't otherwise appear changed. The Talohm possessed him? Why?

"What is happening?" she asked, to nobody in particular. There were several people in this place, only a few of them like her. Sylvuin. Odakkai. Dhomharan. Almiun. The rest were spirits, an audience of them, watching... what? She didn't know. And then, one of the brighter Talohm began to approach her, an eye-wateringly bright white, it's distinct features almost indistinguishable. It was her height exactly, and seemed to stare at her although she couldn't find it's eyes. "Who are you?"

It didn't answer, instead moving closer and closer to where she stood, wobbly on her feet. She backed away as far as she could go, but their audience of ghosts prevented her escape. There was nowhere for her to go. ~Relax, Eruanna~ it said then, now within her arms reach, though she was unsure if her fingers would meet a solid surface or slip through if she tried to push it away. ~I mean not to harm you. I am a friend, Eruanna, one who will remain by your side as you follow your path to something greater.~

It slipped inside of her then, her heart beating to a staccato rhythm. The force of the motion knocked her to the ground, trembling legs unable to carry her shaking weight, and she yelped to the strangeness of feeling inside of her. It rattled her to her core, deeper than she knew she feeling went. ~Do not attempt to reject me. I know you have more compassion than this. Let me in. Let me help.~

Those were words she had said to others many, many times. She was as frantic and shaken as some of the worst patients she'd had under her care, but was unable to take her own advice. Something about this felt wrong, even though another part of her felt content in a way she'd never before experienced. It was the most unnatural, natural thing she'd ever experienced. And unlike Moren's description, it did hurt, a lingering jaggedness that remained after the voice echoed away, leaving her confused and jarred.

"In the name of the gods, what is happening?! Do any of you know why we are here?"

dqg9XHk.png
Thomas woke up in a strange place surrounded by a sort of gloomy fog. Confused as to how he wint from sleeping in an inn to a mysterious land Thomas wasted no time standing and readying himself for an attack. Drawing his knife from its sheath Thomas turned in a slow circle. It took him a few moments to calm down and realize that he wasn't in immediate danger. Confronted by the fact that all the other people around him had no idea what was going on Thomas lowered his knife and returned it to it's sheath. As Thomas did this he could hear the others around him talk in hushed voices.

What is this place, Thomas thought to himself as he examined his surroundings more carefully. Everything seemed to be glowing a with a pale blue light, Thomas had traveled across the land and yet he had never seen anything like this. Was he in some deep Almiun city? After all he had not ventured into the deep before, maybe this was what their cities looked like, though if this was an Almiun city wouldn't he be drowning? As Thomas pondered his situation and where he was, he noticed a dark grey spirit approaching him.

Something inside Thomas told him that this thing reeked with bad jujus and was nothing but bad knews. Not one to stand about and take things lying down Thomas drew his crossbow and sent a bolt into the spirit, only realizing after the fact how dumb of a plan shooting a ghostly spirit was. He had to think of something else. Maybe he wasn't supposed to kill the thing maybe he just had to run from it. So with no better ideas Thomas dropped his crossbow and bolted as fast as his small legs could carry him away from the mysterious being.

Thomas didn't make it far before he realized he had no idea where to run to and on top of that he couldn't find anything to hide behind or in. After a few minutes of running around this strange place Thomas stopped and looked to see if he had lost the spirit. Thomas sighed with relief when he saw the spirit had not followed him, at least that was what he thought. Turning back around Thomas saw the spirit mere feet away from him. Wide eyed Thomas slowly backed away from the spirit only to trip and fall on his back. Closing his eyes Thomas waited for the thing to end him.

~Do I smell bad or something?~

Shocked at what he heard Thomas opened his eyes to see who was talking to him only to see the dark grey spirit had disappeared. "Who said that"

~Oh, I did.~

Jumping to his feet Thomas spun around looking for someone.

~Not gona see me out there partner. I am inside.~

"Inside what?" Thomas asked.

~Inside you. I am gona help you help others. We are gona do great things, just wait and see.~

Thomas had thought this place was already super strange, but now he was totally confused. "What do you mean. How are you inside me? How did I get here?" Thomas asked, but received no reply.

For a while Thomas just stood there pondering what was happening. Finally, with nothing else to do Thomas started back to the place where he had seen the others. Thomas could have sworn he had run forever, but for some strange reason it only took him a few minutes to make it back to where he had started. Someone had to know what was going on, so Thomas waited to hear what the others had to say.

Last edited:
AlavaraBanner.png
A sudden jolt sent Alavara reeling as her eyes sprang open, her face resting on a cold, hard floor. The glowing stone was bright - almost blinding - and it bore no comfort as she found herself lifting her head before finally pushing herself off the ground completely. It was strange, suddenly being here. She didn't even remember falling asleep. In fact, the last thing she remembered doing was talking with Moren about ideas on how to cross a river. This looked like no river or woodland or...anywhere she knew, really.

Her caravan! Leaping to her feet completely, the she-elf let her eyes dart around. She definitely was not where she was supposed to be. How ever was she going to get back to her people?! Frustration mounted, her eyes glowing brighter as she took in the sights. The familiar face of Moren helped her calm herself, if only a little. But nothing else about this place was familiar. Nothing but the bow resting naturally in her hand.

Before her was a strange creature - she knew of the legends, perhaps even seeing some of the Talohm wandering previously. But never had she had one staring directly at her before. This one was calm, his hands resting before him, fingers twined together. He was more opaque than those behind him, a gentle orange glow emanating from his being. He looked serene, waiting patiently for her to gather her bearings. Even as some of the others appeared restless. Finally, she spoke, her voice a mere squeak as uncertainty filled her.

"What's going on? Why am I here? Where is my people?" The being stepped forward, his body narrowing and growing shorter, until he was her size. Her brow furrowed as his glow began to strengthen. "What are you doing?!"

~Do not fight it, dear one. I am not here to hurt you, but to help. Fate has brought us together to help the Great Balance and bring back the Alauum. In doing so, we will help your people and all the people of Endurn. Let me be your guide, as you are the guide to your people. Let me give you strength in the hard light of the sun and in the softness of the night. Let me be the presence you grow fond of when none bring you solace.~

"But why? Why would I let you simply walk inside of me when my caravan is Dhakkarnus knows where? How can I trust you?"

~You cannot, but you will find that, with time, you will be stronger for it. You are the one chosen by Fate to lead us into and then away from the darkness that threatens our very existence. Only from darkness can you fight it. Help us bring back Alauum, and forever be known as a hero of the Odakkai.~

She knew that he was playing on her own personal desires, but why? If he already knew so much about her, how could he not see that she was the last person that should be chosen to help lead anything? How could he not see that she was not one for making friends? She couldn't fathom such a creature not knowing the basics of her existence. And yet, here he was, telling her that she was somehow going to lead with his guidance a band of people she knew almost nothing about.

Her frustration grew into anger tinged with fear. She couldn't trust him. She couldn't trust herself. She fought it, backing away even as the being began to step forward. "No, I don't want this! Leave me be!!"

For the first time, Alavara - she of the night, mighty Guardian of the northern caravan - was cowering like a lamb. She crouched, throwing her arms over her head. In reaction to her, Alkkahrn transformed back into his true self and covered her with his wings, growling. Naturally, this did not stop the strange Talohm, who strode forward, his strange, orange light reaching for her like the thin strands of feathers that were on her own head.

It took mere seconds before she felt the being filling her completely. She let out a gasp, eyes once more snapping open. She felt...whole. But how? She didn't even know she was missing something until now.

~With time, you will see how much we can do as one. Trust in yourself, in others, and in me...and with time, you will see the true beauty of the she-elf, Alavara.~

Then, just like that, she felt the voice fade away. The presence was there, but it could not be reached. Slowly, she stood, patting the cheek of the whimpering wyvern. "Sorry, old boy...I did not mean to frighten you." Her heart still pounded, and she still felt an immense anger filling her, but with a few deep breaths, it - too - faded away. Then, all that was left was confusion and a small amount of fear. What did the future possibly hold for her now?

Alathon Leaflight
The moment Alathon came to he sprung up and away, pushing himself up from the floor and flipping backwards, hands out to stabilise himself as he tries to figure out what happened.'What the hell is going on? Where's the bear?' Looking around, he suddenly felt a pit form in his stomach as he realised that this wasn't his forest anymore.

Ghostly, glowing buildings stood over him. Nothing he could grab onto, no where to try and get a vantage point. Maybe he could hope to just take out the things surrounding him, the... ghosts? Okay, idea scrapped. Maybe if he just ran through them he could-

~Ahem.~

Whipping around, Alathon came face to face with one of them. This one seemed more... real, than the many others surrounding them, and they pulsed a silent blue. Looking back around, Alathon noted various members of the group he had woken up here with seemed to be... absorbing the ghosts? Head snapping back at the ghost in front of him, Alathon stands his ground.

~It seems as if fate has delivered you to me, child. You may actually be a worthy partner, for once.~

This ghost seemed to be rather brash. Alathon stared at the ethereal being, trying to discern anything about them. Male? Female? Could it at least have a face? But no. Every time Alathon looked at this being, it was as if his eyes could see them clearly, but his mind saw only the androgynous figure in front of him. He wasn't even sure how he knew that.

Suddenly Alathon felt a flash of annoyance at the being in front of him, which quickly sparked into anger. "What's going on? What do you want from me?!" He shouts at the ghost, stepping closer to get into its face. "You- You took me from the forest. For what? To- to become like them?" He gestures towards two of the people who has absorbed the ghosts. They seemed to be looking at him after his outburst. "I won't become a puppet! Let them go!" He roars. He may not know them but he would never wish such a fate upon anyone.

~You have misunderstood child. Those people are no different than when they began. They are not being controlled, they are not being influenced. We are merely here to aid you in your quest.~

The ghost seemed to sound almost... proud? With Alathon's outburst. Stepping back, Alathon looks back at the others he had arrived with. The almiun and the dhomharan seemed to be fine... at least the glowing has stopped. Turning back towards the indescribable figure Alathon forces himself to calm before he opens his mouth to speak again. "Okay. I'll put that problem on hold for a second. What 'quest'?" He asks the figure, voice low.

~Can you not feel it child? There is a storm coming. A growing darkness. A darkness so absolute that only one thing can stop it. Alauum. But... Alauum is missing. Gone. And with it, the only hope there is at stopping this darkness.~

The figure places what was probably its right hand upon Alathon's shoulder. It was... warm. But the warmth was... missing something. As if only a part of a whole. The figure gestures with its left hand back towards the group of people who Alathon had woken up.

~Only these people here can save us. Can save all of us. And you... are one of them. It is your destiny. Your fate.~

The figure places both of its hands upon Alarhon's shoulders, head leaning in to be level with Alathon, the smooth orb seemingly staring directly into him.

~You are brave child. You have always been brave. It is why you are here. It is why these people, these heroes, need you. They need someone who is willing to do what others aren't. Who will stare directly into the abyss and defy it. It is up to you to save us all. Now, what do you say child? Will you help them?~

Staring directly into the smooth blue orb, Alathon felt its words take hold. Looking back at the others as they each gradually accepted their spirits, he nods. Looking back towards the ghost, no, the Talohm, he nods again. "Okay. I'll do it." He utters, resolute.

Almost instantly the being flooded into Alathon, filling him with the same warmth he had felt when it touched him. But instead of being incomplete, this time the warmth was solid. Full. It filled him to the brim, comforting him, urging him on, telling him that he need not worry. Looking at his hands, Alathon clenched them into fists before spinning back around to face the others.

~I believe you will make a fine hero... Alathon.~

Ashryn blinked as she felt a smooth, hard, cold thing under her cheek. How did she fall off of her chair? She didn't remember doing so. Ashryn opened her eyes and stared at the glowing ground. Wait, glowing? Why was it glowing, and more importantly, how the everloving hell did she get here? Quickly, she scrambled to her feet, seeing a couple of others around her. What is this place? Maybe it was a city of some sorts that she never knew about. Then she could see a silverish thing coming at her. Ashryn made a small, panicked noise in the back of her throat and edged away, staring at the spirit-like thing.

~ You know, if I were here to murder you, I would have done it a long time ago.~

"What? How long have I been wherever this place is- what are you even doing here? What am I doing here?" She demanded, staring at the hovering thing. Also, how was this thing speaking to her? She could discern any features, so she couldn't tell anything about it. Not even if it were male, female, had eyes- nothing.

~ Calm down, you haven't been here very long. A few minutes at most. As for what I am here for... I am here to aid you in your quest. ~

If she weren't weirded out then, she was now. Her eyebrows shot up, and she stared dubiously at the silver spirit. "Excuse me?" She said, squinting at the silver ghost. "Did you just say quest? What's that about?"

~ Do you not feel something akin to a massive storm gathering? It is growing, powerful and destructive, and the only thing that can stop it is Alauum. But with Alauum missing, it will consume everything. It will consume the world. ~

Ashryn stiffened. Well, even if what the ghost was saying before seemed crazy, this sounded important. She couldn't imagine something coming in and just killing everything.

~ But you, you and everyone here alone, can save us. Do you not want to keep them safe? Your mother, father, your sister, your best friend- they will all die. They need you to help them. Willing or not, I will guide you. The question is, are you willing? ~

She really, really didn't want to go on some epic quest- sure, she didn't mine a couple adventures, but not when they might involve dying, but her family... She couldn't let that happen. "Fine," she mumbled, staring at the ghost-like figure. Quickly, the silver spirit flooded into her body, and for a moment it felt like a bucket of ice water had been dumped on her, but the feeling wore away quickly, leaving a cool presence. She looked around at everyone else, then down at her own palm, opening and closing her palm. Nothing strange about it- nothing had changed at all, except just a feeling of rightness. She moved her gaze back up to the others, brushing a bit of hair out of her face. "So... Who are you guys again?"

Aidan Prospice

Suddenly Aidan was standing in a strange city with no memory of how he'd gotten there. Did I get wasted and stumble here somehow He thought as a large glowing figure approached him "Fear not Aidan, You have been called upon this fair city to act as an instrument of fate. Beings higher than you or even me have-" Maybe Sorfildor kidnapped me or drugged me or something? The ghostly figure just stared at him "Young hero can you not even hear me" Maybe I'm just going insane or something... huh that's an amusing thought "Aidan listen to me-" or maybe I'm just dead and this is all a dream

"Aidan Prospice of Haran Village Hear Me Now!"
The young elf just looked irritated "What is it you want!!"
"Why are you ignoring me"
"Because I'm not in the business of listening to random glowing figures in a random ghostly city! I don't want people to think I'm crazy! I may be unhinged but I'm not crazy yet"
"Well rest assured I am real and I must task you with a matter of grave importance. Before I say anything else you must agree to fuse with me to gain my power"
"Whoa there buddy, Before I make any commitments you've got to take me out to dinn-"
"Damn it can you take this seriously!!! Lives hang in the balance and people could die you cannot just hide behind a wall of humor while prescious time is being wasted"
"Fine" Aidan grumbled "Just do what you got to do"

The glowing being slowly walked into Aidan and although the transition looked smooth, Aidan felt a strange force hit his chest knocking the air from out of it. The elf struggled to breathe as strange visions of lives long lived and peculiar powers flooded his mind. By the end of it, Aidan found himself on his knees but he could remember nothing of visions that had assaulted him.

"Maybe a little warning next time uhh, You don't actuall give me a name now did you"
"My name is not important and I've wasted too much time due to your... Antics" Came a voice in his head
"Aww well can you at least tell me what's happening or even why I was chosen?"
"The fates have deemed it necessary. They have seen a pure soul in you and have entrusted a great missio-"
"HahaHAhahAhAahaha" the elf couldn't stop himself from bursting into laughter "Are you serious a Pure Soul..." the last two words practically dripping with sarcasm
"You may not believe in yourself but the fates deemed you pure otherwise the merger would not have completed"
"Gods can you even see the paradox in that statement? I'm pure because you chose me and only the chosen are pure Bhahahaha That's circular logic if I've ever seen it"
"I did not choose you and know that if you betray that which is right then there will be dire consequences" The voice was obviously shaking with anger but then sighed and continued calmly "Whole cities are in the balance child.... Not just a group of people but their very way of life is being threatened. The darkness is ever encroaching and somebody must stop it before it is too late. The truth is that this mission may not be a fairy tale where everybody lives a happy ending, This will be a perilous journey. Life as it may not be fair but I can give you the power to change that.... But you need only tell me if you do not want to handle this burden and I will free you of it with no strings attached"

Aidan thought about it, No matter how much he liked to joke he knew that this way a serious matter. He'd seen violence and greed, heard terrible things on the road and seen the carnage that could be left behind after a battle.

"So you'll give me power?" He said now without humor
"What is it you would do if I did?"
Aidan took a deep breath, An opportunity had presented itself and He couldn't just let it go to waste. He wanted power for power's sake, He wanted it so that he would never be hurt again but most of all, Deep down he knew what he wanted
"I want to save the World"

It was clear the party wished for more information, they began to look to each other, realizing they were largely among strangers, with only a few familiar faces. Avyra was about to speak to a nearby Sylvuin woman, but she was interrupted by a voice from the masses. One of the Talohm had stepped forward from the crowd. It was a female, slender and tall, with a flowing dress of pale blues and whites that contrasted the darker blue hues of her skin and hair. Her eyes glowed a mild cyan tone, but over all, she looked much like the others in the crowd.

She had waited until the last of the Heroes had entered into the bodies of the chosen folk before she spoke. "You cannot stay here any longer. Your kind do not last long in this place. You are too rooted in the physical realm. Return when you have come to know the heroes within you and we will offer what aid we can, if only in wisdom and guidance. Go now, your path is yours to walk alone. None but the hearts within you can guide you. Find Alauum. Restore the Great Balance and stop the darkness."

A blinding flash engulfed the entirety of the room and when the strangers opened their eyes, fresh air would dance about their skin, the warmth of the summer sun shining warmly upon them, and a very plain, grassy ground lay beneath them.

Avyra blinked. It was all very off-setting to be dragged through space to arrive magically in the realm of they who walk between worlds, and then to be fused with an ancient hero of sorts, only to be whipped back out into the real world and expected to do . . . something? Everything perhaps? Alauum. . . what was Alauum? She pressed her mind for a time, standing silently in the group. Alauum. . . Alauum. . . Her eyes widened.

"Their leader is missing. . . but. . . I thought. . . is anyone here familiar with Talohm culture or myth? Because from what I know, Alauum, their leader, it is the bridge between this life and the next and myth says it is near omnipotent." Her mind was a jumble of children's tales and legends of ancient eras of immense darkness.

"What just happened to us?" She sat down and took a moment, staring at the nearby body of water from their location atop a cliff. The glowing city of the Talohm could be seen in the distance to the northeast and to the north, the large bay was calming to her, reminding her of her anchor: Miuna.

"W-we were summoned. They said we were chosen by Fate. We were brought here to restore the Great Balance. But. . . I haven't heard word that it is shifting. Have any of you a clue as to what's happening? What we're meant to do?" She understood that Alauum was gone and that they needed to find it, but where on Iskoria could they possibly begin? How could they be expected to know which way to march and to what? Or to whom? The lack of information was almost impossible to deal with.

Looking around at the others, she hoped that at least one of them was less thrown off by it all. She trusted in Miuna's will, but it did not leave her without confusion and a feeling of aimlessness. Miuna did not always speak her will clearly to her people, but often whispered into the waves with muddled secrets to be deciphered. She took comfort in this, knowing that whatever was happening, Miuna was guiding her, she needed only to figure out what the Goddess wanted of her.

mu56XSc.png
Moren stumbled when the light flashed before him and his feet suddenly met a new ground. Staring off at the horizon, his heart racing, he began to realize just what a frightful experience it had all been, though he did his best to avoid letting fear set in. It was the words of the Almiun woman, the one who had stepped up and accepted the foreign soul first, spoke out that his mind was distracted and calmed. He didn't understand a thing she was saying.

She kept speaking and he realized it would be a great struggle for him to journey with those he didn't understand. But then, the most peculiar event occurred in his mind. He was reminded of the presence of the soul within his own soul, it nudged him gently, and slowly, the words of the Almiun became clear in his mind. He still heard the foreign language with his ears, but in his mind, he understood it in his own tongue. Baffled he was about to open his mouth to exclaim the unusual occurrence when suddenly, realization swept over him, as if urged forward by something outside of him. . . or. . . something foreign within. The Heroes were connected. The Talohm in him understood the Talohm in the Almiun woman perfectly and was translating it seamlessly into his mind.

Moren let out a knowing smile. "Well damn my hands and the ground from whence I came, this is something." The Almiun turned to him and he watched as she underwent what was likely a similar realization. Curious, he stepped forward and spoke to her in his native tongue.

"I haven't a clue about Talohm culture, but I do know that you're speaking Almiun and even though I don't understand it, I understand you." He laughed lightly then. "So I imagine the cards are in our favor, as far as a group of chosen strangers set on a path to greatness might have those cards. I can't say I know what best to do, but I think at the very least we ought to introduce ourselves to one another. Regardless of what comes to be, manners are always a good start."

He turned and bowed to the group as a whole. "I am Moren Ironthorn, first of the Doriilian Borr and then of the Mogarn Hagargn and last and mostly of Velok, in Esaer. I'm a craftsman by trade and I was about to start on an adventure with these fine folk before we all woke up here."

He gestured to Eruanna and Alavara then, as if inviting them to step up and introduce themselves to the group.

Alathon hit the ground on his feet, the impact jarring his body and forcing him to sit upon the earth. The first thing he knew was that it was sunny, too sunny, and far too breezy. Looking around as he shaded his eyes, he noted he seemed to be in the middle of a rather expansive plain. Two of the people he cam here with were already up Andy talking, however he only managed to listen to when the Dhomharian, Ironthorn, began to introduce himself.

Before the two Ironthorn (how he even understood the Dhomharian was a mystery he was willing to chalk up to the Talohm) had gestured towards, Alathon stood up from where he was sitting in the grassy field, placing his staff into the rich earth. He could still feel the fire, the warmth, despite the Talohm no longer being able to commune with him. It filled him with the confidence to stand in front of the people, cutting through two others to introduce himself.

Looking directly into the eyes of Ironthorn, expression conveying determination at even this trivial task, Alathon spoke. "My name is Alathon Leaflight. As you can see I am an Oddokai," he gestures towards his feathers as he turns to make eye contact with the rest of the group. "I have no fancy titles and belong to no specified group. I utilise my talents to make due as a ranger, scouting potentially dangerous areas and escorting those who need enter such areas for one reason or another. Before... whatever the hells that was, I had planned on creating a new coat from the skin of a rather large bear I killed. Guess it belongs to the forest now." He sighs as his tone becomes on of resignation.

"Anyway, I'm afraid I know next to nothing about the Talohm or whatever this Alauum thing is. To be completely frank, I thought they were a myth until today." He finishes, walking past the group and pulling his staff from the earth, heading a small bit away as he walks up a mound, looking around for any sign of a landmark.

He didn't like the plains. There were no trees, nothing for him to leap to or from. Nowhere to hide and the sun was... annoying. Smothering. There was no constant shade from the leaves. The sun, combined with the inner fire, made him feel restless. Hopping from foot to foot, he spins, hoping to find something.

"What?" She rose up, placing a hand n her hip and raising a brow towards the others, specifically the Almuin and Syluin. Had they done something to cause this within their religious arrogance? Her head turned to look when she noticed the Talohm and one of purple colour spoke up.
Fate? What nonsense was this? She crossed her arms when one of teal colour stepped before her.
"Yes, Fate has choosen you." The being spoke. She crossed her arms, her mind assessing the situation before she replied, nodding. "Do what you must then."

The Thalon stepped into her, merging and as she thought that naught was to be, she saw. Saw that which she had not wanted. Death in the not so distant future. Her eyes wide when whatever it is that this was returned her mind, her eyes? Back to the moment, back to these strangers. "What?" As a hand moved to her face, first to her cheeck, then up to her temple. "I would have rather not known..." she spoke, almost vulnerable to the being now residing within her. She pulled down her facemask to take a few deep breathes before her attention returned to the strangers, specifically the Dhomharan noting that they should introduce one another. One of the Oddakai was the first to respond, introducing himself as Alathon Leaflight and noting that he, too would not know of these Talohm.

"A scout, huh?" She bit her lip sensually, thinking. Should she trust these strangers with her name? That information may bite her in the ass at some point, even if they were genuine. The Dhomharan, was he a problem? First impression, he clearly introduced himself as a western Dhomharan but is the kindness he seems to show genuine? Or is it fake to fool others to trust him, believe him to be on their side? "Oh my, my, how about you scout out the 'long' way out? You know, the way out so that 'I', and these others here, could know get to know 'you' much much better?" Valya needed time, time to think this through, time to consider on how she would approach this and time to figure out if these people can be trusted. Least of all that she wanted to do was to introduce her and she took heed to the Talohm's warning. They truly had to leave, she had known that most whom would ever travel to see or find the Talohm never had returned.

Her eyes wandered to the other people present. From the Almuin that she had choosen to ignore for now, to the female Odakkai, to one of the Sylvuin male to the other to find her eyes lasting a look longer on the female Sylvuin before returning to Alathon. She saw something familiar in her, though she could not quite grasp what it was, something that was connecting herself with her. But that would have to wait, first, she thought, she had to get out of here alive and well.

Frazzled as she was, it took Eruanna several moments for before she realized Moren was waiting for her and Alavara to stand and introduce themselves, alongside him. She stood, somewhat struggling to get to her feet. Something still rattled her, deep inside, like the movements of an angry bee or a cat destroying a household while chasing after a rodent. Dissonance. Something was wrong, but this was not the first time she had lived with pain, would not be the last, and so she put it out of her mind the best she could and summoned her usual cheerful grin.

"Uhm, right! I'm Eruanna Rainbringer! Well, family name, haven't chosen my own yet, but that's me!" she practically chirped. "Considering we're all strangers--or mostly strangers some of us kind of know eachother, at least--I think we all ought to sit down for some moments and figure out what's happening to us."

Taking in their surroundings, it did appear the Talohm had some ability to teleport them from place to place, though she wondered why here of all places. Perhaps it was simply the easiest place to send them, though without any indication of where they were, it was rather useless. Couldn't they have left them with something? Like a--

"A map!" she suddenly exclaimed. Ignorant of any stray eyes on her, she hurried about her belongings--mostly consisting of the ragged backpack that had managed the journey to the Talohm city and here safely--and picked out a folded up map. She laid it out best she could on the grass, sitting cross legged beside it while she attempted to ease out the creases. "I suggest we find the nearest town, make our way to it fast as possible, and sit down over some ale. Or whatever drink is of your fancy. If we can find nothing in common between us and no reason to stay gathered... then let us part then, but not now."

dqg9XHk.png

It took a moment for Thomas to realize that the mysterious city had disappeared and that he had been transported again to some random place. Thomas had traveled across the land and never had he seen or experienced anything like this before. These Talohm's must be powerful, if the can teleport people without them even knowing. All this transporting and flying around was really getting Thomas worked up, not to mention he had had a Talohm merge with him. Finding a nice rock to sit on Thomas drew a cigar and match from a pocket in his shirt. Lighting the cigar Thomas took a big puff of the cigar.

With the calming nicotine flowing through his system Thomas sat back and listened as each of the strangers stepped up to introduce themselves. Seeing his opening after Eruanna was done Thomas stood and introduced himself. "I am Thomas Stonewall son of Timothy and Betsy Stonewall. I hale from Helm's Core, though I have not been back there for some time, as I have spent much of my time on the road exploring Endurn."

Thomas had heard a few drunken tales about Talohm before, but Thomas had always thought nothing of them since he wasn't a very superstitious person."I have heard tales of Talohm, but nothing that would help us," Thomas explained, "either way I think Eruanna is right we need to figure out where we are, since it doesn't seem like any of us know anything useful about the Talohm. Plus I could go for a pint of ale right about now"

The world spun a little as Ashryn glanced around, slightly disoriented. The strange city with its glowing floor had disappeared from sight, leaving her wherever this place was. She moved away from the large ground, opting out on closeness to sit on a rock that was farther away. She noted that the Varan woman had decided not to share her name. She wasn't completely sure if that was a wise move on the woman's part or meant that she wasn't to be trusted, but for some reason, she felt like there was something familiar about her and gave her a small smile. She listened to the rest of them, glancing at the elf called Eruanna. She reminded her of her little sister a bit, a bright and clever elf.

She nodded at Thomas's words and brushed nonexistant dust off of her knees, standing up and walking towards the ground. "Sounds good to me," she said. "Besides, there's not like there's anything else to do, is there?" Oh, right, she had to introduce herself to everyone else. Should she give them her name or withhold the information like the Varan woman? They seemed alright to her- maybe just her first name would do for now. "Ah, sorry, I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Ashryn," she added, giving a small nod to the collective group.

She still had no idea what the hell an Alauum was, but it sounded important. As for the Talohm... Well, she'd heard far-fetched tales and stories around the campfire, but she'd always assumed they were just that- stories, meant to entertain children. Never had she given a single thought to the fact they could really exist. She wasn't all that sure she even wanted to do this, but she had a sneaking suspicion that the Talohm that was in her body would drag her along for the ride, like it or not.

Still incredibly confused Aidan didn't speak up until he'd realized that a bunch of the people he'd seen in the city had been talking. He honestly wasn't sure what to say or how else to describe his surroundings other than the grassy and sunny fields which he'd basically known about for a large part of his life. The young elf was still slightly worried about who he'd been assigned to travel with and although the Talohm told him only those with a pure soul could be chosen, Aidan was somehow one of the chosen and so seriously doubted their judgment. Getting bored of thinking Aidan spoke "Yeah we should probably go find someplace to relax first. That incredibly sketchy elf with the mask and the annoyed look kind of looks like either she's going to start stabbing people or running away." he said with a smirk and a laugh

The young elf caught himself "Ohh Almost forgot my name's Aidan by the way. Don't know what's happening, what those ghost people were or where we are but if I had to guess either Itrya or Valrun judging by the climate but yeah that's not a very useful guess since that's like half of the map I'm pretty sure" he paused a moment "Soooo does anybody actually feel anything different right now? I mean a glowing person did kind of walk into my body and I'm sure there was a reason for that but at the moment I'm kind of stumped" Aidan wore a face of obvious thought.

He could feel an alien entity at the back of his mind that was nudging him. He wanted to try something. Aidan cleared his mind, His breathing coming to a rhythm as the world around him seemed to blur. The young elf ignored it all, The talking, The birds and the wind. The morning sun had made a bead of sweat form on his brow as he gathered all the power within him then with a flourish Aidan yelled "Magic!" with absolutely no effect. "Maybe I'm not using the right words? Morte! uhm... magicus!?" he waved his hands wildly "Natures..... Attacketus? Magicus Handitus? Nope doesn't actually look like the ghost people gave me any powers what about you guys?"

Aidan walked next to the smoking Dhomharan and sat next to him "A pint would probably ease a lot of problems right now" he turned to face Thomas "So Thomas mind if I borrow a cigarette? Honestly I was taken to that city at a pretty bad time and I don't actually have anything with me right now" he gave an embarrassed smile and chuckle

ET2devc.png
Avyra stood there, somewhat uncertain of how to proceed and a great deal bothered by some of the behaviors being displayed. The Varan had not given her name, and as Aidan had pointed out, she appeared rather. . . unusual. But then the Sylvuin with the short, fiery hair started spewing up ridiculous words about mana that left her wondering if the child had his intellect injured while in his mother's womb or if perhaps he had simply been born a bit. . . short of mind. He asked for a stick of Lightleaf and she shook her head. That was probably what was doing it.

Backing away from him, she made her way over to the two Sylvuin women seemed to have a fair bit more sense then the male. "A. . . a map. . . that's a good idea." She was still struggling to comprehend the language barrier being all but none existent between the very different races. "If that's Yvir'ilae to the north-east, then Deramar Village will be not far to the south. I suggest we go there. They will welcome all of us."

She suddenly felt herself longing for the seas, casting her glance north to the Bay of Esria. "I need to tell my brother and my father that I'm alright. I was away on a delivery trip when. . . well, when this happened." She got up and scanned the horizon for a moment before seeing the cliff sloping unevenly on the near horizon. "I'll send a message to my father. He may be able to send us aid or even meet us in Deramar." She looked for some kind of approval, but everyone seemed to be disorientated with trying to figure out how best to proceed. She wasn't sure about leading a group of strangers, but if she could get help, she knew she'd be doing something worthwhile.

She jogged across the plains, no more than 400 feet to the nearby cliff. The crashing waves below called to her and after taking a moment to ensure she had a pathway back up to the cliff's top, she lept off, diving down through the air and slipping into the waves. Her markings glowed briefly as her body adjusted to the waters and when she was calm, she set about weaving a scrying spell. She wasn't sure how easily she'd be able to reach her family from so far away, but she had to try.

ROLLING FOR SUCCESS: Fail or Pass Roll
embed

She sent the message out and prayed for a time to the Great Goddess that her words would reach the shores of her home where her brother would meet the waters and welcome her words, or that her words would flow to the deep where her father led the hunting party. She wouldn't know for certain yet, but she trusted in Miuna.

Soon after, she returned to the shore, no more than 15 minutes after she had left. "It is done, I will hope that my father or brother will meet us in Deramar. That is. . . if you all are okay with travelling there. . "

NOTE: Your characters have enough knowledge between them to be able to discern their whereabouts. The map below shows their location, marked with a red dot.
3WXYxCx.png

Last edited:
Uncertain about this entire situation, Zaos strayed a bit uncomfortably from the others, though not too far. It would be a mistake to wander too far as he was rather unfamiliar with the area. Eventually, and still hesitantly, he spoke, saying, "My name is Zaos Presden. I'm a florist from Sora Vuun..." He paused a moment before adding, "I do agree with... Eruanna, was it? That we should stay together at least long enough to form a coherent thought and decide as a group what to do next."

Normally, he wouldn't be particularly keen on hanging out with a group of strangers all day, or, particularly making plans with them, but he felt as though he had no choice in the matter. After all, desperate times called for desperate measures. The biggest comfort to him was that even if they did part ways, which seemed increasingly unlikely due to their circumstances, Zaos wasn't all too far from home. "Deramar does seem to be the closest civilized area, so I think we should find somewhere to sit and talk there, and if Avyra's family is able to join us that's all the better."

Again, he didn't much enjoy the idea of adding even more strangers to the team, even more eyes on him, judging him, but he would have to live with it for the time being, because something told him there was really no getting out of this situation. Who were the Talhom? He had only ever heard whispers of fairy tales about them, were they really real? And what would they possibly want from him? A florist with not much skill in anything in particular hardly seemed like someone that would be chosen as a hero of the Talhom.

As much as he wanted to just go back to his old life and forget anything that happened, his own words grounded him, binding him to this place and these people. He would travel with them, for now, and decide with them what to do next. There was always a chance they felt the same as he did about the whole thing and wanted to forget it happened, but honestly, looking around, he got the sense that they didn't, that they felt they had been chosen for some higher purpose and wanted to save the world from whatever dangers may arise.

It was true Zaos wanted to make a difference in the world, but he had hoped to do that in his own way- alone and without leaving his comfort zone. Of course, that seemed highly unlikely, but it was what he wanted. Now, he was faced with life-altering decisions that could potentially effect the entire world. On that thought, he added, "I could use a drink, too."

Back