Isthmus of Souls [Official Recruitment]

ArQane

With blood comes life, with life comes death.
The First Occurrence: Reaper
It had been a quieter morning for the man. He had been strolling down a long pathway, no cars or people in sight. It was still too early for most, and being that it was a weekend, many have chosen to stay in their dwellings and sleep in. For him, it was a ritual to take a morning stroll. He never liked sleeping much, so clearing up his mind before the day begun suited him more.

He found it strange that there would be figure in front of him, especially one bearing the apparel that it had. Long black drapes covered its body completely, and a hood casted a shadow over its face. It was facing directly towards the man, which sent a shiver down his spine. Most surely, it was observing him.

By now, any sane man would have ran, or at least a half sane one would squeal. He did neither, rather, approached the figure at a steady pace. He wondered why. Perhaps it was his curiosity, or maybe it was just that fact that the man didn’t mind his body to be found dead in the middle of the sidewalk later in the day. Life had already been dead in this man’s eyes for a while, and he longed for change. Something that would invigorate him. And if it killed him, so be it.

As he approached, he was able to make out the figure’s visage. It was a man, or at least resembled one. Its physiognomy was skeletal, and its skin tone was darker than an average human’s. It appeared to be bald, but was unclear due to the cowl that covered its head. If it didn’t have its bright yellow eyes, he might’ve thought it was dead. The vibe it emanated was chilling; if felt like death. As it came in view, it… smiled?

“Ian Larkan. Yes, you are the one.”

That even made him freeze in his place. It knew his name. It had been waiting for him. He stood there surveying the figure, his brain screaming for him to run.

“One of what? How do you know my name?”

The figure smiled. “A man can only learn so much in a short life. Pick one.”

Ian looked confused. Pick one?

“You have asked me two questions.” The figure continued. “I will answer one of them.”
Ian’s brain raced. The figure in front of him spoke as if it was going to kill him. So what would he want to know right before his death? He cleared his throat. “In a life like mine? I surely have time for both.”

The figure’s smile widened, delighted. “So you do. Of course, I knew you would say that.” It glided over to him, with no sign of movement of feet. “Ian Larkan, I know your name because I am you.” It drew out a bony hand and pointed its long index finger towards his chest. “ I am the manifestation of your life force. A familiar. You are the one who has summoned me to this world. I am your servant, and your blade.” It finished, drawing out a long scythe that seemingly appeared from behind him. It was much too large to have been concealed beneath his robes all this time.

“And if I don’t want a servant?”

The figure smiled. “You don’t have a choice. The minute I came to being in this world, our souls have been bonded by the chains of death. If either of our bodies were unable to sustain ourselves, the other would surely have its life drained too. Tell me Ian, have you ever felt what it’s like to lose a soul?” It paused, but Ian didn’t speak. It grinned and continued, “it’s worse than death.”

It extended its hand out, as if expecting a handshake from him. “Here’s my last piece of information. We must continue to supply souls to mine in order to sustain it. If it means killing your peers, killing your family, so be it. Of course, their deaths can only do so much… We gain the most by killing the others— the other familiars and their keepers. They have the strongest souls, the anima. If we encounter them, I will fight. If you are attacked, I will protect.” It leered inhumanely. “So, Master, isn’t this what you wanted? The meaning of living? The thrill of death?”

Ian clasped it’s hand and chuckled. “Yes. I think it is.”

The Isthmus of Souls
Anima is the life force of any living object. Without it, a being wouldn’t be dead— it would cease to exist altogether. Each individual beings have varied levels of anima, but no one has enough to sustain a familiar for more than a couple of days.

Familiars are considered a paranormal phenomenon. They manifest spontaneously when anima surges occur, but the anima quickly is consumed after the summon (lasting only at most a couple of days). In order to stay in an existing form, familiars will link their soul to another, thus establishing a bond that draws anima from a keeper. However, the creation of familiars will forever remain a mystery.

A familiar is created by their keepers themselves, in a manner of speaking. Since keepers are humans with unordinarily high levels of anima, a newly summoned familiar will manifest in the vicinity of that keeper. As soon as they are created, their survival instincts immediately allows them to identify their keeper, and they gain access to the following information;

“In order to survive, I need anima— others’ souls. The one in front of me is my keeper, and the one that can keep the two of us alive. If either of us die, the other follows.” or something of the variant. The thought process will vary depending on the personality of the familiar itself.

There are two methods used to harvest anima itself. Firstly, you can kill other keepers or their familiars. This is the most effective method since other keepers have the most anima. Note that the more anima that other keeper has harvested, the more that is translated to the victor. Since either enemy can be killed to eliminate the other, keepers are often more vulnerable than their familiars. This disadvantage can be lessened through proper training and awakening the Isthmus (see below). Bear in mind that not all battles results in a death for a keeper, and there could be a variety of reason why the fight could lead to a stalemate.

The second option is to kill other people. Though there is less to gain from killing bystanders, and morality comes into question, enough murders can allow a keeper to sustain for a short duration or time. In the eye of the unsuspecting, your actions (should you choose this path) are often reported to be murders on local news, etc. Note that this allows other keepers to identify you quicker. On top of that, both your keeper and your familiar aren’t immortal, so an investigation of the police on these ‘serial killings’ might result in the cornering of your keeper, which will lead to your inevitable death.

Each familiar has unique combative skills (passive and/or active). Their attributes and abilities are expected to define their fighting techniques. When a familiar is summoned, they have a basic understanding of their capabilities, but their abilities will improve as they practice in and out of combat. Familiars’ weapons can be pretty much anything; guns, swords, magic… but they are expected to be aligned with the familiar’s characteristics and skillset. Their abilities are expected to be the same.

A familiar and its keeper can also develop a bond known as the “Isthmus”. The Isthmus allows a keeper to inherit combative properties from their familiars, allowing them to be useful in combat as well. Forming an Isthmus is very difficult to master, and often won’t trigger unless the situation calls for it (an adrenergic effect). Keepers can also train or learn to improve their performance while their familiar’s are in combat, if it involves evading the enemy or supporting their familiars. They can also pressure the enemy familiar to defend their keeper instead of focusing on offense.

Keepers are always required to be present for the killing. When a person dies, their anima erupts from their body and lingers in the area. Keepers can harvest this anima to increase the time to be able to sustain their familiar. In other words, harvesting anima is like getting fuel to keep a familiar alive. The more they have, the more time they have before a resupply of anima is required. Since keepers naturally have the most anima, and potentially have a surplus from the souls of others, they are ideal targets for harvesting.

The keepers are the hunters and the hunted, and the familiars are their weapons. They must hide when they need to hide and kill when they need to kill. In order to survive, both the keeper and his/her familiar needs to be constantly alert. Both the keeper and the familiar starts off as novices. They develop will their skills together and develop a mutual relationship with one another as they interact in the world. Both of them need to be present when killing other keepers; the familiars are required to combat each other, and the victor keeper has to be near in order to assist their familiars or collect the anima.

Character Guidelines and Additional Info:
Note that your character, in the midst of the fighting, used to lead a normal life. You can choose to sacrifice this life altogether, but it’s more common to see keepers attempt to juggle their old life with the new one that have been forced upon them.

Godmodding and Mary-Suing a character (as always), is prohibited. You will not be allowed in the RP if your character is deemed too powerful or unoriginal by the GM. In the roleplay itself, your power will be regulated and you are expected to make mistakes and create a personality for you character. Nobody is perfect, and your character is not exempted from that.

The character sheet is more of something for me to reference rather than a set boundary for your character. I want to be able to picture your character once I finish reading your application. Other than that, your character development is more reliant on your posting material itself. Note that your character can and is expected to change in personality, etc. as the RP unfolds.

Each player will undergo selection and balancing before permitted into the RP. If the RP gains enough interested players, registrations will open that asks for interested players to create both a keeper and his/her respective familiar. This RP will include PvP, but note that consent of the other character is needed to kill their character. If the writer does something that I (or any other future GMs) might consider crazy, we will warn the player of impending death sentences.

Character Sheets:
Keeper Name, Age:
Self Explanatory. Don’t make a super awkward name, though; you live in a modern setting. I’m not too nitpicky about the age, but make sure it is reasonable. Too young of a character probably won’t survive long, and we wouldn’t be seeing a old geezer running and lightning speed along the battlefield.

Keeper Personality, Appearance, and Characteristics:
Not everyone is Prince Charming, but everyone is their own unique snowflake. There’s nothing wrong with not having the handsomest or most beautiful character in the world. Don’t butcher their appearance, but don’t stray too far into the unrealistic.

Keeper Backstory and Background:
Jobs? School? Not everything needs to be listed in this category, but include anything you can think of. Some things can be introduced as the story for your individual develops. This is the most important part of your evaluation, so do a good job. You are expected to include important factors (such as family) that could be major influences to you character. If I have a better understanding of your character, I can judge your application more accurately.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Refer to above. Age, for Familiars, is negligible.

Familiar Personality, Appearance, and Characteristics:
Some familiars are intentionally made to look a certain way, etc. so this category requires no regulative measures. Be creative.

Familiar Skillset:
Can be extremely broad for now, but I expect one to elaborate and develop this ability the further in we go. Please include weapon skills, magical abilities (passive or active), etc.

Last edited:
I'm posting my characters as an example, but here's what I'm expecting of you. Nothing big; just enough to cover what your characters are like. I am mostly looking forward to see your characters' personalities develop over the course of the RP itself.

Keeper Name, Age:

Anthony Gilman (Anton), 18

Slightly long, unkempt black hair brushed to one side from the front. He is tall, scrawny figure, usually seen slouching while he is seated or walking.

Anthony is usually a more reserved student out in public, but opens up when with people he is more familiar with. Even with friends and family, he would usually be off to a side listening to conversations or once in a while mumbling to contribute to the conversation. He dislikes attention and finds meeting new people uncomfortable, and often stays away from the center of action. Anthony never took a particular interest in anything, living a "do whatever needs to be done" life. He could be lethargic on bad days, but rarely shows enthusiasm on a good one.

To kill time, Anton would usually watch whatever is on the TV or participate in seminars or find online videos for his primary interest, metallurgy/crafting. He has a small workshop built in the backyard of his family's house.

Anthony is a student in the public school West Breeze High School. He is an average student among his peers, with nothing special about him personally.

Anthony works as a freelance blacksmith whenever he has time to waste. He covers repairing things for his household or works on his own independent projects. However, his time in school has always hindered him from taking up jobs pertaining to crafting.

Anton currently with his mother and father. He has a younger brother, grade 5, attending Rocky Peak Elementary. His relationship with the rest of his family is fair, but somewhat distant.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Claire Constantine

Long black hair with black eyes. Easily vexed and normally impassive, her tone is usually lackluster and unconversational. Her morals are questionable at times, but usually are conveyed through questions instead of suggestions. She is bold and commanding, and though she does not act like it, is loyal at heart.

Familiar Skillset:
Claire uses guns, and specializes in the dual wielding of pistols. She uses light manipulation to her advantage (to be expanded on).

Reactions: Nox
Discord link is up:
https://discord.gg/Xd2Fdcc

Most of off topic conversations are going to develop in Discord, so make sure to create an account (if you don't already have one). This software is like the Holy Grail of communication, accessible through mobile, browser, and download. Get it >:3

If you have any questions regarding the RP, tag me in the #general channel. If it is a character brainstorming question, tag me in #character_creation. I expect anyone joining or part of team to check the discord regularly to make sure they are up to date with all the information they need.

Thanks
~Qane.

This rp seems interesting! I would like to join but I do work a lot until next week. So I might not be able to make a post everyday.

Keeper Name, Age:
"Blake" Vanracht, 19
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short dark brown hair accompanied by a dark hazelnut set of eyes. He is an average height (Approx 5'5"), wearing button up shirts and docker shoes.

Blake is a reserved individual, often more focused on his academics than people. He enjoys talking about literature and history, although his mechanical mind favors mathematics as well. His analytical tendencies lead to him being incredibly observant, he also occasionally gets headaches due to his overthinking

His hobbies generally include tinkering, designing, and testing himself at trivia. He seldom plays a game if it lacks a rich soundtrack, due to his relentless tendency to look for inspiration.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blake is the top of his academic classes, but gets along well with others because he helps them cheat tests. He recently moved to college.

Blake doodles blueprints in his free time, as well as work as an apprentice in engineering.

Currently Blake lives in his studio apartment with his roommate Cornelia Hensley.

Blake had a nightmare one night after a tough day at college, and that lead to the materialization of his familiar. Jynkk, his familiar, had been a concept he imagined for a 3d model he wanted to make. The one free eye of the urn was staring at him until he woke up, feeling the eerie presence.
Familiar Name/Alias:
Jynkk, "One Eye Coffin"
An Urn shaped Sarcophagus with a three faced head. The head spins freely on a z axis due to it being more of a mechanical entity, and it moves via the 8 bronze spider-like mechanical legs. The entity is wrapped in chains that prevent the opening of the coffin, and there are Latin wards written across the surface. The heads have a thick cloth nailed into their eyes, although one of the eyes were uncovered and allows it freedom of sight if necessary to the one face. The body is made of very strong and compressed sandstone, as well as bronze reinforcements built into the layers.

One of the faces speaks fluent English with the keeper, as it is the more linguistic face, and is the only one that acts truly sentient. The personality of it seems as if it were a robot, although is hostile only when commanded.

Weight (approximate): 2 tons [large truck equivalent]
Height: 6 feet
Body Texture: Abrasive/Gritty
Primary Color(s): Light Sand, Dark Bronze
Familiar Skillset:

Face of sentience

The one free eye peers about with a frosty white lens that shows no sign of emotion. This face can see and speak, being the face that Blake communicates through.

This face uses two vocal abilities in a combat setting. The deafening screech is useful to catch an enemy off guard, or possibly inflict fear in the heart of a coward.

The second is the ability to chant a ward that will prevent weak forces from entering the forcefield-like shell. This comes in handy to fend off weather and weaker attacks, though a bullet or hardy blow will make easy work in penetrating the weak magic.

Face of arcane

The two abilities of this face are the "Black Fire" and "Acid Mist". The black fire is an arcane ability that produces a toxic "flame" that can corrode metal and rot skin. Note that this fire cannot directly ignite other substances like a natural flame, although the heat is very intense with direct contact (serious skin burns, but not near enough to melt metal, etc).

The "Acid Mist" is more of an environmental hazard than a focused attack. The mouth releases toxic gases around a ten foot radius of itself, effectively keeping bare skinned challengers at a safer distance.

Face of precision

This face is focused on offense, and has one ability. Jynkk has the capability to absorb sand and dust, which is condensed into a dense sphere. The bowling ball sized sphere is then launched from the cannon-like mouth, potentially catching an enemy off guard or knock one unconscious if not properly protected.

Note that this face does not initially have an eye to see, and relies on the sentient eye or blake to "aim" for the target. Blake is working on a solution to this, although it might not be effective enough to substitute for sight.

Melee/Defense/Stances

The mechanical legs are used primarily for re-positioning and climbing (as well as clinging to) calls. They can, however, be used as an ineffective melee weapon or shield. The legs are pointed at the end for climbing, so a grounded combatant can be impaled if the opportunity appeared.

Jynkk is a tank (defense) based character, meaning Jynkk can take significant damage. The composition of the body is condensed sandstone laced with sturdy bronze supports, meaning cracking Jynkk open with a melee attack is near impossible.

Jynkk usually can plant the legs into the ground and be unmovable (to all but the most hardcore of berserker assaults), this leaves a slight vulnerability as well of course. Jynkk must rely on brute endurance and wards to defend against attacks in this position.

Weaknesses

Jynkk has a very prominent blindspot, which cannot be effectively defended except by the weak ward. The top of Jynkk's head is vulnerable, although a very strong impact would be needed to make the attack worthwhile.

The sentient face's eye is not very vulnerable, although a very bright light might render it temporarily unusable. Making this eye unusable usually causes Jynkk to plant the legs into the ground and scream while emitting the acidic mist.

~~~
Good enough?

Last edited:
Keeper Name, Age:
Blake Vanracht, 19

Short dark brown hair accompanied by a dark hazelnut set of eyes. He is an average height, wearing button up shirts and docker shoes.

Blake is a reserved individual, often more focused on his academics than people. He enjoys talking about literature and history, although his mechanical mind favors mathematics as well. His analytical tendencies lead to him being incredibly observant, he also gets headaches due to his overthinking.

His hobbies generally include metalworking, designing, and testing himself at trivia. He seldom plays a game if it lacks a rich soundtrack, due to his tendency to look for inspiration constantly.

Blake is the top of his academic classes, but gets along well with others because he helps them cheat tests. He recently moved to college.

Blake doodles blueprints in his free time, as well as work as an apprentice in engineering.

Currently Blake lives in his studio apartment with his roommate Cornelia Hensley.
Familiar Name/Alias:
Jynkk, "One Eye Coffin"

An Urn shaped Sarcophagus with a three faced head. The head spins freely on a z axis due to it being more of a mechanical entity, and it moves via the 8 bronze spider-like mechanical legs. The entity is wrapped in chains that prevent the opening of the coffin, and there are latin wards written across the surface. The heads have a thick cloth nailed over their eyes, although one of the eyes were missed and allows it freedom of sight if necessary.

One of the faces speaks fluent english with the keeper, and is the only one that acts truly sentient. The personality of it seems as if it were robotic, although it is tame in nature unless specifically ordered to kill.

Familiar Skillset:
Jynkk's head spins, and each faces mouth spews a different type of substance. One of the mouths breaths a black colored fire that corrodes skin and metal, one spits a thick and adhesive paste that is tested as being nearly 0 Kelvin in temperature, causing frostbite. Lastly, the head that sees and speaks could once screech to paralyze or even kill a weaker being. Each of these abilities are severely weakened by the blindfold and wards, making the unholy fire the only lethal attack. The legs can be used for close comabt, although their range of movement is restricted.

~~~
Good enough?
We'll look into the abilities of Jynkk more once we get there. Accepted.

Keeper Name, Age
Jacques (Jac) O. Hart, 24

Jac appears as a tall man with light brown hair and oval-lensed glasses, one green eye and one blue glass eye. He usually carries a sword disguised as a cane. he usually wears a white blazer, a blue button up shirt and black dress pant and occasionally a cravat

Jac is a carefree invidual, never serious and always smiling, with a weak spot for all kinds of sweets, puppies and cakes. Sometimes he eats whole cubes of sugar that which he always brings along with him. When needs be, however, Jac can also be sinister and dangerous willing to do the most horrendous act if need be. He is bitter person do to his past forever reminded of his failure of protecting his only family by the scar over his eye, and does not forget any transgressions. Even so his carefree personality is not a lie although aloof he likes children a lot buying them sweets and telling them stories.

He enjoys drinking tea along with a good book and snacks he bakes, and prefers to reminiscent times of better days. before getting up to

Keeper Back story and Background:
Jac was raised in a small family of four His Father, Mother and Sister where his father was a office worker and his mother worked at the bakery down there house, these days are filled with Jac and sister learning how to bake and teaching his sister things she asked. Sadly one day when he was 14 he had an anima surge causing an accidental summon of his familiar a simple card that had a man with a star shaped eyes and a violet jester hat and uniform. The Jester moved on the card and talked to Jac who considered him special friend. but 3 weeks after a man came into his home with a wicked looking serpent the man had killed his mother and father and bit his sister looking for the "Keeper" he said Jac tried to rush him and even if inexperience called upon Jester to help but this was all in vain as the serpent stopped Jester's attack the man cut him with a knife causing him to be blind in his right eye. Luckily for Jac the Police were investigating the disturbance in the neighborhood and shot the man dead. His sister died do to the bite and Jac turned bitter for most of his life until his teacher had him help her out teaching kids from poorer upbringings how to read and write this warmed Jac's heart and he set out to become a teacher.
Currently he is a Elementary Teacher teaching 5th grade English.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Jester "Fool of The Beginning"

Jester is a cross with a friendly jokester and an insane psychopath it likes to play tricks on its opponents in such a childish way but its tricks come with a certain cruelty for once the prank is done so is his opponents life and he get's the last laugh.

In its dormant form it is a plain deck of cards with a yellow star on a violet background and all cards have the Jester on their prints. In it's fully summoned form Jester has a very colourful appearance combining his jester outfit of violet with yellow and red outlines contrasting nicely with its pure white body and has star shaped eyes. he carries a wicked red dagger in his right hand and on his left is a simple noose of gold rope

It loves to play pranks and tries to annoy Jac all the time when he is teaching and considers Jac a strict parent. He cannot speak but can make words appear on his cards to communicate.

Familiar Skillset:
Cards:
The Jester lets Jac use cards to fight and can pierce metal and walls effectively. The cards are actually gate ways for the Jester to attack from his world as he can materialize parts or his full body to attack a person near the cards and can even materialize small blades on them all at once to stab multiple foes in range but there is no protection in these cards as they can be destroyed normally such as burning or be blown away or washed away by wind and water. each of the 100 cards is part of Jester's body and the more destroyed the weaker it gets.
I'll be needing to make some clarifications before accepting your character. Preferably, we will meet on Discord in the near future.

(Work in Progress)

Character Sheets:

Keeper Name, Age: Alicia, 22
Aoi.Ogata.600.2065536.jpg
Alicia has always been a cheerful girl who loved talking to people and enjoying the musics of the world. She was for the most part a happy and carefree spirit until a dreadful event occurred. Ever since that day she struggles to remain the way she use to be and is in a confused and conflicted state of mind. She tries her best to keep her life together and remain the girl that everyone loved but not everything can go according to plan. If you see Alicia she usually wears a smile at work and seems like a charming young lady. But her smile can be deceiving as ever since that event she has been a bit erratic at times.

As far as appearances go she has medium to semi long black hair and light blue eyes. As far as her body type goes she is slim and a little bit frail. As far as outfits go she wears whatever is comfortable and easy to get around with like basic shirts and pants. She wears a uniform for work and wears dresses for certain occasions.

Jobs? School? Not everything needs to be listed in this category, but include anything you can think of. Some things can be introduced as the story for your individual develops. This is the most important part of your evaluation, so do a good job. You are expected to include important factors (such as family) that could be major influences to you character. If I have a better understanding of your character, I can judge your application more accurately.

Familiar Name/Alias:

Some familiars are intentionally made to look a certain way, etc. so this category requires no regulative measures. Be creative.

Familiar Skillset:
Can be extremely broad for now, but I expect one to elaborate and develop this ability the further in we go. Please include weapon skills, magical abilities (passive or active), etc.

Keeper Name, Age: Stephen Lawward, 24.

fe1abaa6a7294980619a751c0cbaceab1366339694_full.png

Stephen is an Asian male, in his twenties. Stephen is quite tall, slim and with black hair. Stephen wears black glasses nearly 24/7. Stephen usually wears a white shirt with a black tie.

Stephen (Nishi Kakuei) was born in Japan but later moved to America. Stephen now works at a corporate office and lives a normal life. Now and then he goes to the gym and does some yoga. Stephen is a keeper, that is all. Stephen is a vigilante at night using his familiar as a weapon.

tumblr_n65timYiwG1qh0j5so5_250.gif

Familiar Name/Alias: Nevermore

Nevermore looks like Ryuk (from Death Note), with black crow-like wings. Nevermore has long slender arms, with a very slim waist and long legs. Nevermore is black and blends very well into the night (especially at midnight). Nevermore has grey skin and red eyes.

Familiar Skillset:
Nevermore has a crossbow which is magical in nature, able to fire arrows very quickly and over long distances (525m, revolver-like reloading at 2 shots a second approx and firing six shots each reload round.). Nevermore is fast and smart but not strong or durable at all. Nevermore's running speed is around 20ms. In combat, he floats around at a distance and fires his crossbow. Nevermore caps his weights at around 320kg. His crossbow bolts are infinite but require about 10 minutes for every 100 bolts.

Last edited:
Keeper Name, Age:
Adabel Sommers, 26

Appearance
Adabel stands at roughly 5'8" and is about 155 lbs, leaving her a bit on the heavier side. She's not quite fit but not quite large, but her thighs do rub together. She wears her blonde hair to just past her shoulders with her bangs pushed to the right (they're not quite long enough to put back in a pony tail) and often dyes the tips crazy colors (right now they're orange). There are usually dark circles under her blue eyes and she's often seen wearing scrubs with her hair in a tight ponytail.

Personality/ Characteristics
Adabel is a calm, collected young woman who has a drive to help others. She battles every day with the need to help keep Zephyra alive, and herself, and her moral code to help others. Upon first meeting Adabel, she can seem a bit closed off and, outside of work, it takes her awhile to warm up to others. But once she does, she's very kind and compassionate. She works out regularly but just can't seem to lose that slight pudge. She also enjoys reading on her days off.

Adabel was born the oldest of four kids with two younger twin brothers (12) and a younger sister (7). Her parents always pushed her to be more and work hard to achieve her goals, which she did. She went to nursing school and got her license to be an RN. After which she moved to a new city and got a job as an emergency room nurse. Soon after the move, Adabel accidentally summoned Zephyra after a particularly hard day. Since then, Adabel has been able to feed Zephyra rather regularly thanks to her job.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Zephyra, The Dragon Queen

Appearance
53dc22e7eb5a05a8e82a6cb667372944-d4wgl7s.jpg

(Human form)
Red%20Dragon%20-%20Digital.jpg

(Dragon form)
Zephyra has two different forms. When she isn't fighting she usually remains in her dragon form. In her dragon form she is about as big as a large cat and red/black in color. Though she can still breath fire and physically wound, she's far weaker in this form than her human form. Her human form (also called her Battle form) is humanoid with large red/black wings and curved black horns (https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...GG0iX8hawxDiwH3dAK0lksBDR3g2shqpjpCI_XqeLtW7A). Her fingers are large black claws and she as double fangs as well as a long tail with spikes. Her hair is long and black with a red sheen to it and her eyes are a bright orange/yellow color (I know they're blue in the first picture but tis the best I could find :p).

Personality/Characteristics
Zephyra is very proud and confident, her presence alone can demand respect. She can come off as haughty and even a bit snarky or rude though she is fiercely loyal and protective of Adabel. She is a strong leader but, unless its Adabel, she has a hard time following orders/rules. Though she seems quick to anger, she really isn't and has a good control of her emotions. Though when she does lose her temple, things tend to explode.

Familiar Skillset:
Zephyra is a skilled flyer and is very nimble and agile. Skilled in hand to hand combat, she's physically strong and can hold her own against most opponents that are larger than her. When it not raining heavily, she's able to breath fire in both her dragon and her human form though its far more powerful in her human form. She's also able to manifest fire in her hands. Her tail acts as both another limb for grabbing on to others and a weapon, as the spikes across the top are sharp. Even with all this, she's weaker when it rains and, if someone can manage sneaking up on her, is weaker in her dragon form. She also doesn't use weapons.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Nox
Keeper Name, Age:
Aimee Wilder, 27
Appearance
Aimee is 5'7" at a weight of 129 lb. She has medium-length red hair that is almost impossible to tame and dark brown eyes. She is often seen wearing a bright blue mechanic's uniform and black shoes with a white headband on her head and stains all over her body. Also she is usually seen with a tool belt and wrench on her body.
She is a very positive person who often sees the best in other people however if she is overworked then she can often show a ferocious dark side. It is often easy to tell what emotion Aimee is feeling based off of her headband position, usually it is kept on the very top of her head however if she were mad for example then her headband would slip halfway down her hair or if she were sad then it would be down to her ears. She is also willing to kill others to help her Familiar survive, however she often does not like it. When she is not doing her job as a Keeper or her regular job then she will often go on long hikes or caving trips. (On a side note Aimee is very agile and fast from doing cross country and track in middle school and high school).
Basic background knowledge
Aimee was born in Lincoln, Nebraska to an immediate family of fourteen people. Being a middle child to eleven other siblings, Aimee has been used to sharing her parents' attention and sharing just about anything in general. Because her family was so big her parents often had financial trouble when it came to supporting Aimee and her siblings and as a result she had to do several miniature businesses such as babysitting and mowing lawns for other people at a young age in order to help ease the financial pressure for her parents. Also because she always had to work for what she wanted, she had always known not to take what she had for granted and that in order to live a happier and healthier life she needed to apply her work ethic everywhere in her life. (She was also a champion runner in middle school and high school in both cross country and track, so as a result from so much running she had become very fast and agile).
After she graduated high school she had entered over a dozen apprenticeships in various trade jobs before deciding to go to a vocational school to get further training on becoming an auto mechanic. Soon after this she starts to bounce around from company to company before getting her current job of nearly 2 years at a local mechanic's shop in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
How she got her Familiar
One night after a job interview she gets into an awkward fight with a thug on her way home and during this she experiences something that accidentally summons her familiar Zakaraiah. At first she and Zakaraiah have an estranged relationship, leaving Aimee feel awkward whenever she had to harvest anima, however after a little while she and Zakaraiah soon become partial friends. Once she and Zakaraiah had become partial friends she had significantly started to kill more thus keeping herself and Zakaraiah better taken care of.
Familiar Name/Alias:
Zakaraiah; Full name: Zakaraiah The Strong
Appearance
In normal form Zakaraiah is an 18 inch floating black cat with pronounced pointed ears and silver colored eyes. He also has small yellowed teeth and is often seen speaking in a strong Scottish accent. However when he is fighting he turns into an 80 foot tall lava monster that is often mute and has holes covered in lava for eyes. Also in this form his thinking is usually more primitive and he has no teeth or dignified ears.
Zakaraiah is often very brooding and condescending and seems to hate everything, in contrast to Aimee's more positive nature. When he isn't trying to annoy Aimee (and failing at doing so) he is seen scrolling through the Internet making bad puns and trolling on every page he sees. However despite his pessimistic nature he is still loyal to Aimee and although he tries to annoy her and condescend her he secretly has a soft spot for her.
Familiar Skillset:
Zakaraiah possesses many abilities and skills, such as being an expert in over 40 different types of martial art and successfully being able to use a samurai sword, a katana, and nunchucks. However none of these abilities match his dominant power of an unusually high amount of super strength, which is so strong that a single punch from him can cause a person to be sent over 500 miles away from where they were standing.

Keeper Name:
Alexander Shayfer

Keeper Appearance:
6HB2dJHkZTk_zpsabba3cd3.jpg

A short, thin youth standing at 5'4", Alex tries to compensate for his appearance and to help with his general shyness by preferring to dress as heavy as is comfortable. His general lack of growth and pale complexion give some the impression that he's sickly or at the very least frail and neither would be entirely incorrect notions. The matter is not helped by his glasses which, due to his poor eye sight, are needed to do pretty much anything. He doesn't do much with his medium length brown hair, keeping it combed enough to not look like a complete mess.

Keeper Personality:
A wall flower, through and through. Even before gaining a familiar he was shy and reclusive boy, poor with communicating with others and often stepping over his own words. He does his best to be polite and respectful but his general social awkwardness leaves him often staying quiet altogether. After gaining a familiar and going through what that's done to his life he's become perhaps an even worse wreck, perpetually fearful and increasingly paranoid. To him everyone could be another person out to get him and what was once a young man who had difficulty making friends is now one very likely to never make one at all. The soul exception is his familiar. While he holds a deep rooted fear for her and her violent tendencies he also has a special place in his heart as she works so very hard to be his soul friend and protector, showing him in affection and concern.

Keeper Backstory:
Alexander was perfectly normal before the manifestation of his familiar. He had a loving father and mother whom did what they could to help the emotionally and physically delicate son even if they weren't always available due to their busy schedules. While he had few friends he cared about the ones he had and while he was sometimes bullied it was infrequent and mild. His grades were above average as he applied himself more to studies than anything social to help compensate for his other faults even if he wasn't always head of the class. It was as normal as a childhood could probably get.

His familiar changed all of that. She wasn't even alive a whole day and her craving for blood, anima and her keeper's attention was unsateable. Her desire to keep her master 'safe' and all to herself led to the violent death of his parents. Within the week and outside of his control she ended up doing the same to what few students from school, friend or foe, he knew. Her attempts to hog her 'big brother' all to herself left him emotionally scarred and the prime suspect of a serial killing spree. Forced to run and facing down a dangerous and likely short life he tries to get along one day at a time with the creature that caused it all to go wrong.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Elizabeth/Lizzy

Familiar Appearance:
At a distance it might be hard to imagine Elizabeth as any sort of dangerous creature. Even up close she likely comes off as a young, innocent waif, appearing like a girl no older than eight in a tattered white dress with what could only be described as a white sleeping cap atop her head that her long white hair spills out from. With no shoes, a small figure, pale skin and such wide, sweet golden eyes it's hard to imagine she'd even capable of understanding how cruel and terrible the world can be when she's in 'stand by mode'. When faced with danger -- or creating it -- things can change very quickly. When faced with prey her pupils slit, her teeth are revealed to be razor sharp and the snow white cap becomes red as blood. The sweet little girl quickly changes into a blood thirsty goblin in the blink of an eye.

Familiar Personality:

Much like her appearance Elizabeth seems to swap almost flawlessly between two different personas as the situation requires. When at peace she comes off just as sweet as she appears, wanting nothing more than to make her 'big brother' Alexander as happy and comfortable as possible in a manner that's hard to take as anything but genuine. He's nothing short of the apple of her eye, the best person in the world and the only person she'll ever need to be at her side. Underneath her sweet little girl exterior is something much more dangerous if not equally childish; her adoration is something much more akin to obsession and she doesn't have a second thought on doing what she thinks is right. Nobody is worthy of 'big brother's' attention and anybody who hurts him is the scum of the earth. The end result is the same -- death. She's a violent sadist who's love for human suffering is trumped only by her love for her keeper. There's a childishness to her animosity as her justifications and executions are both equally sloppy, an aspect that shows in her lack of calculation or forethought. Regardless of how he reacts or what he says she believes everything she does makes her keeper happy and, more importantly, keeps him alive.

Familiar Skillset:

Knife Specialist: While she'd likely be able to do quite a bit of damage with anything she gets her hands on, her fists or even her teeth her preferred method of execution is that of the humble kitchen knife. She's skilled with it, capable of handling the weapon with ease and using it to it's best potential. She knows how to use it as both a stabbing, slashing and throwing weapon and despite having a preference she can use any simple short blade with the same ease.

Superhuman Physical Attributes:
Despite having a child's body Elizabeth isn't held back by it whatsoever. In fact she seems to be faster and stronger than the average person, needing a keen reaction time and a well trained body to match her. On top of that she seems almost tireless, able to push herself hard with little loss of stamina over time.

Regeneration: Her body can regenerate and heal at a rate far faster and to a much greater degree than a human ever could. Minor injuries last mere seconds while major gashes or blows can be shaken off within minutes. Even in an extreme case where she's reduced to a state that no living being could survive she'll pull herself back together in a day's time. While not often required for lesser wounds blood can increase the healing process at the cost of the blood itself being burnt up in the process, giving her less to work with as weaponry.

Hemomancy: An even more unconventional weapon than her knife, Elizabeth has the supernatural ability to control blood. The quantity doesn't seem to be a factor in how easy it is to control though obviously multitasking with her blood shaping can be time consuming and distracting. Her actual control is limited only to blood that has been spilled though the control itself is incredibly precise and swift. She can move the blood around freely, defy gravity and even form it into a solid by binding and solidifying it via the iron within as a base. The solid objects she can create are limited only by her much blood she has on hand and whatever shape she can weave it into. While she can move solid blood, a material similar to high density crystal when finished, she can't control it as freely as liquid blood. The transformation from liquid to solid takes a moment and comes with a distinct crackling noise. Solid blood can't be fractured by her will and must be moved as the mass it was formed into until an outside force fractures it into multiple pieces. She can create several solid blood masses but as one would expect trying to control all of them at once is taxing.

For all those who haven't, it is advisabble to join our Discord channel. Link is as follows.
https://discord.gg/Xd2Fdcc

We'd be further discussing mechanics of your familiars, and to an extent, your keepers.

Keeper Name, Age:
Adabel Sommers, 26

Appearance
Adabel stands at roughly 5'8" and is about 155 lbs, leaving her a bit on the heavier side. She's not quite fit but not quite large, but her thighs do rub together. She wears her blonde hair to just past her shoulders with her bangs pushed to the right (they're not quite long enough to put back in a pony tail) and often dyes the tips crazy colors (right now they're orange). There are usually dark circles under her blue eyes and she's often seen wearing scrubs with her hair in a tight ponytail.

Personality/ Characteristics
Adabel is a calm, collected young woman who has a drive to help others. She battles every day with the need to help keep Zephyra alive, and herself, and her moral code to help others. Upon first meeting Adabel, she can seem a bit closed off and, outside of work, it takes her awhile to warm up to others. But once she does, she's very kind and compassionate. She works out regularly but just can't seem to lose that slight pudge. She also enjoys reading on her days off.

Adabel was born the oldest of four kids with two younger twin brothers (12) and a younger sister (7). Her parents always pushed her to be more and work hard to achieve her goals, which she did. She went to nursing school and got her license to be an RN. After which she moved to a new city and got a job as an emergency room nurse. Soon after the move, Adabel accidentally summoned Zephyra after a particularly hard day. Since then, Adabel has been able to feed Zephyra rather regularly thanks to her job.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Zephyra, The Dragon Queen

Appearance
53dc22e7eb5a05a8e82a6cb667372944-d4wgl7s.jpg

(Human form)
Red%20Dragon%20-%20Digital.jpg

(Dragon form)
Zephyra has two different forms. When she isn't fighting she usually remains in her dragon form. In her dragon form she is about as big as a large cat and red/black in color. Though she can still breath fire and physically wound, she's far weaker in this form than her human form. Her human form (also called her Battle form) is humanoid with large red/black wings and curved black horns (https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...GG0iX8hawxDiwH3dAK0lksBDR3g2shqpjpCI_XqeLtW7A). Her fingers are large black claws and she as double fangs as well as a long tail with spikes. Her hair is long and black with a red sheen to it and her eyes are a bright orange/yellow color (I know they're blue in the first picture but tis the best I could find :p).

Zephyra is very proud and confident, her presence alone can demand respect. She can come off as haughty and even a bit snarky or rude though she is fiercely loyal and protective of Adabel. She is a strong leader but, unless its Adabel, she has a hard time following orders/rules. Though she seems quick to anger, she really isn't and has a good control of her emotions. Though when she does lose her temple, things tend to explode.

Familiar Skillset:
Zephyra is a skilled flyer and is very nimble and agile. Skilled in hand to hand combat, she's physically strong and can hold her own against most opponents that are larger than her. When it not raining heavily, she's able to breath fire in both her dragon and her human form though its far more powerful in her human form. She's also able to manifest fire in her hands. Her tail acts as both another limb for grabbing on to others and a weapon, as the spikes across the top are sharp. Even with all this, she's weaker when it rains and, if someone can manage sneaking up on her, is weaker in her dragon form. She also doesn't use weapons.​
Approved

Keeper Name, Age:
Aimee Wilder, 27
Appearance
Aimee is 5'7" at a weight of 129 lb. She has medium-length red hair that is almost impossible to tame and dark brown eyes. She is often seen wearing a bright blue mechanic's uniform and black shoes with a white headband on her head and stains all over her body. Also she is usually seen with a tool belt and wrench on her body.
She is a very positive person who often sees the best in other people however if she is overworked then she can often show a ferocious dark side. It is often easy to tell what emotion Aimee is feeling based off of her headband position, usually it is kept on the very top of her head however if she were mad for example then her headband would slip halfway down her hair or if she were sad then it would be down to her ears. She is also willing to kill others to help her Familiar survive, however she often does not like it. When she is not doing her job as a Keeper or her regular job then she will often go on long hikes or caving trips. (On a side note Aimee is very agile and fast from doing cross country and track in middle school and high school).
Basic background knowledge
Aimee was born in Lincoln, Nebraska to an immediate family of fourteen people. Being a middle child to eleven other siblings, Aimee has been used to sharing her parents' attention and sharing just about anything in general. Because her family was so big her parents often had financial trouble when it came to supporting Aimee and her siblings and as a result she had to do several miniature businesses such as babysitting and mowing lawns for other people at a young age in order to help ease the financial pressure for her parents. Also because she always had to work for what she wanted, she had always known not to take what she had for granted and that in order to live a happier and healthier life she needed to apply her work ethic everywhere in her life. (She was also a champion runner in middle school and high school in both cross country and track, so as a result from so much running she had become very fast and agile).
After she graduated high school she had entered over a dozen apprenticeships in various trade jobs before deciding to go to a vocational school to get further training on becoming an auto mechanic. Soon after this she starts to bounce around from company to company before getting her current job of nearly 2 years at a local mechanic's shop in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
How she got her Familiar
One night after a job interview she gets into an awkward fight with a thug on her way home and during this she experiences something that accidentally summons her familiar Zakaraiah. At first she and Zakaraiah have an estranged relationship, leaving Aimee feel awkward whenever she had to harvest anima, however after a little while she and Zakaraiah soon become partial friends. Once she and Zakaraiah had become partial friends she had significantly started to kill more thus keeping herself and Zakaraiah better taken care of.
Familiar Name/Alias:
Zakaraiah; Full name: Zakaraiah The Strong
Appearance
In normal form Zakaraiah is an 18 inch floating black cat with pronounced pointed ears and silver colored eyes. He also has small yellowed teeth and is often seen speaking in a strong Scottish accent. However when he is fighting he turns into an 80 foot tall lava monster that is often mute and has holes covered in lava for eyes. Also in this form his thinking is usually more primitive and he has no teeth or dignified ears.
Zakaraiah is often very brooding and condescending and seems to hate everything, in contrast to Aimee's more positive nature. When he isn't trying to annoy Aimee (and failing at doing so) he is seen scrolling through the Internet making bad puns and trolling on every page he sees. However despite his pessimistic nature he is still loyal to Aimee and although he tries to annoy her and condescend her he secretly has a soft spot for her.
Familiar Skillset:
Zakaraiah possesses many abilities and skills, such as being an expert in over 40 different types of martial art and successfully being able to use a samurai sword, a katana, and nunchucks. However none of these abilities match his dominant power of an unusually high amount of super strength, which is so strong that a single punch from him can cause a person to be sent over 500 miles away from where they were standing.
Approved

Keeper Name:
Alexander Shayfer

Keeper Appearance:
6HB2dJHkZTk_zpsabba3cd3.jpg

A short, thin youth standing at 5'4", Alex tries to compensate for his appearance and to help with his general shyness by preferring to dress as heavy as is comfortable. His general lack of growth and pale complexion give some the impression that he's sickly or at the very least frail and neither would be entirely incorrect notions. The matter is not helped by his glasses which, due to his poor eye sight, are needed to do pretty much anything. He doesn't do much with his medium length brown hair, keeping it combed enough to not look like a complete mess.

Keeper Personality:
A wall flower, through and through. Even before gaining a familiar he was shy and reclusive boy, poor with communicating with others and often stepping over his own words. He does his best to be polite and respectful but his general social awkwardness leaves him often staying quiet altogether. After gaining a familiar and going through what that's done to his life he's become perhaps an even worse wreck, perpetually fearful and increasingly paranoid. To him everyone could be another person out to get him and what was once a young man who had difficulty making friends is now one very likely to never make one at all. The soul exception is his familiar. While he holds a deep rooted fear for her and her violent tendencies he also has a special place in his heart as she works so very hard to be his soul friend and protector, showing him in affection and concern.

Keeper Backstory:
Alexander was perfectly normal before the manifestation of his familiar. He had a loving father and mother whom did what they could to help the emotionally and physically delicate son even if they weren't always available due to their busy schedules. While he had few friends he cared about the ones he had and while he was sometimes bullied it was infrequent and mild. His grades were above average as he applied himself more to studies than anything social to help compensate for his other faults even if he wasn't always head of the class. It was as normal as a childhood could probably get.

His familiar changed all of that. She wasn't even alive a whole day and her craving for blood, anima and her keeper's attention was unsateable. Her desire to keep her master 'safe' and all to herself led to the violent death of his parents. Within the week and outside of his control she ended up doing the same to what few students from school, friend or foe, he knew. Her attempts to hog her 'big brother' all to herself left him emotionally scarred and the prime suspect of a serial killing spree. Forced to run and facing down a dangerous and likely short life he tries to get along one day at a time with the creature that caused it all to go wrong.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Elizabeth/Lizzy

Familiar Appearance:
At a distance it might be hard to imagine Elizabeth as any sort of dangerous creature. Even up close she likely comes off as a young, innocent waif, appearing like a girl no older than eight in a tattered white dress with what could only be described as a white sleeping cap atop her head that her long white hair spills out from. With no shoes, a small figure, pale skin and such wide, sweet golden eyes it's hard to imagine she'd even capable of understanding how cruel and terrible the world can be when she's in 'stand by mode'. When faced with danger -- or creating it -- things can change very quickly. When faced with prey her pupils slit, her teeth are revealed to be razor sharp and the snow white cap becomes red as blood. The sweet little girl quickly changes into a blood thirsty goblin in the blink of an eye.

Familiar Personality:

Much like her appearance Elizabeth seems to swap almost flawlessly between two different personas as the situation requires. When at peace she comes off just as sweet as she appears, wanting nothing more than to make her 'big brother' Alexander as happy and comfortable as possible in a manner that's hard to take as anything but genuine. He's nothing short of the apple of her eye, the best person in the world and the only person she'll ever need to be at her side. Underneath her sweet little girl exterior is something much more dangerous if not equally childish; her adoration is something much more akin to obsession and she doesn't have a second thought on doing what she thinks is right. Nobody is worthy of 'big brother's' attention and anybody who hurts him is the scum of the earth. The end result is the same -- death. She's a violent sadist who's love for human suffering is trumped only by her love for her keeper. There's a childishness to her animosity as her justifications and executions are both equally sloppy, an aspect that shows in her lack of calculation or forethought. Regardless of how he reacts or what he says she believes everything she does makes her keeper happy and, more importantly, keeps him alive.

Familiar Skillset:

Knife Specialist: While she'd likely be able to do quite a bit of damage with anything she gets her hands on, her fists or even her teeth her preferred method of execution is that of the humble kitchen knife. She's skilled with it, capable of handling the weapon with ease and using it to it's best potential. She knows how to use it as both a stabbing, slashing and throwing weapon and despite having a preference she can use any simple short blade with the same ease.

Superhuman Physical Attributes:
Despite having a child's body Elizabeth isn't held back by it whatsoever. In fact she seems to be faster and stronger than the average person, needing a keen reaction time and a well trained body to match her. On top of that she seems almost tireless, able to push herself hard with little loss of stamina over time.

Regeneration: Her body can regenerate and heal at a rate far faster and to a much greater degree than a human ever could. Minor injuries last mere seconds while major gashes or blows can be shaken off within minutes. Even in an extreme case where she's reduced to a state that no living being could survive she'll pull herself back together in a day's time. While not often required for lesser wounds blood can increase the healing process at the cost of the blood itself being burnt up in the process, giving her less to work with as weaponry.

Hemomancy: An even more unconventional weapon than her knife, Elizabeth has the supernatural ability to control blood. The quantity doesn't seem to be a factor in how easy it is to control though obviously multitasking with her blood shaping can be time consuming and distracting. Her actual control is limited only to blood that has been spilled though the control itself is incredibly precise and swift. She can move the blood around freely, defy gravity and even form it into a solid by binding and solidifying it via the iron within as a base. The solid objects she can create are limited only by her much blood she has on hand and whatever shape she can weave it into. While she can move solid blood, a material similar to high density crystal when finished, she can't control it as freely as liquid blood. The transformation from liquid to solid takes a moment and comes with a distinct crackling noise. Solid blood can't be fractured by her will and must be moved as the mass it was formed into until an outside force fractures it into multiple pieces. She can create several solid blood masses but as one would expect trying to control all of them at once is taxing.
Finally! :D
Jk :p Approved.

Back