Let's build a world

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
Hello again all, It's me again. Sorry about my long period of silence, I was eaten by other the other parts of life. I have returned following a desire to world-build with others. Medieval (or earlier) Fantasy is my preferred genre, so let's stick with that for now.

I want to build a world, but there are some things I DON'T want: 1): Multiple threads (too much commitment) and 2): a lot of pressure to post often and well. Not that I don't want to post often and post well, It's just difficult for me to stick with things. So ideally this RP should be very laid-back in it's approach, though still, y'know, not dead.

In the world I will probably want to throw in some Orcs, Goblins, maybe Mermaids and other British-styled creatures. So It must support this. Also, it should be quite open ended. I'm not too fond of a lot of gimmicks(?) or writing themes.

So I'm looking for a group to play this with, and a GM to help me run it smoothly. I don't want to be the only GM.

Thank you for reading this, and If you are interested, please do post here!

id be down for this, if you want to talk out ideas for the rp itself and the nature of the world therein. Should we post ideas in here or do you have a place where you'd like formal ideas to pool?

Awesome! We will need a GM and maybe one or two more players, and then we can get started. Lets lay the groundwork down here first, things like climate and tech and the like, and then we will have an OOC page when we get started to add more onto the world as we go.

As for play style; I'd like to have a fairly open sort of RP here. I enjoy Nation-building as well as Character based RPs, I think I'd like to sort of do both if possible. So we get as many characters as we like, so while some are adventurers over here going on quests, others are rulers of cities and countries waging war and managing civilization. We might want some soft game mechanics, if you guys think so too.

I'm interested, if we're going into world building perhaps everyone should create a land, nation, and hero?

Back