New User Our paths may cross only once in a lifetime, so let's live our moments to the fullest~

Hana

white moonlight
tumblr_nj0c1bri571sfbu0eo5_500.gif

Hello! Following @Gwazi Magnum and @Nilum who are two of my dear friends, I've come to join STC. It's a belated since it's been a rough year for me, but now I'm here. My handle is Higanbana, which is a name for one of my favorite flowers, the Lycoris radiata or Red Spider Lily. It has interesting meanings and symbolism in East Asian folklore and superstition.

Legends say that when you encounter someone you may never meet again, these flowers that can also be named corpse flowers, would bloom along the path. It is the wistful reminder of missed connections and burned bridges, as well as farewell between lovers or friends. As a flower, its petals are also said to be very poisonous. These were once planted near fields to drive away animals. Interestingly, it is also said to bloom near graves.

Despite its strong connection with death or partings, the red spider lily is a beautiful flower.

In my own interpretation, the higanbana is a message to cherish each and every moment you have with the people you love, for you never know when it may be your last time together, and to not actually fear death itself.

So on that note, nice to meet you, STC~ Please take care of me.​

...That was beautiful.
Let's hope you won't find this site something to part from. It'll be an honour working with you, Higanbana. We'll try.

Nice to meet you, Nise~ You can call me Hana, since Higanbana can be a mouthful too. xD

Thank you, Hana. I like your name, though.

Where'd you find out about these flowers, anyway? The first even saw them was from this anime,. and even then they were just in the background.

I've always been fascinated with the meanings and symbolism behind flowers, as well as connections to mythology and superstition. ^^ One of the things I enjoy is hanakotoba or the language of flowers among the Japanese~

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle :)

I've been noticing a lot of new arrivals, but few are getting flagged for me to review them for approval due to having no - or very few - posts outside of their introduction thread. I thought I would do a quick sweep through the introduction forum and make sure to remind everyone not to forget to get some post activity going in our various community forums as well. The system won't flag new accounts for us to review until after they accumulate a bit of activity in our community forums as well.

For those still waiting for approval, I recommend checking out this post here for a more thorough breakdown of how the process works: http://www.storytellerscircle.com/t...ers-before-posting-questions.1114/#post-13756

In the meanwhile if you're having trouble finding anything, please don't hesitate to ask!

- Tiko, Storyteller's Circle Administrator

Back