Demon's Broken Promise Removed

Though Revan wasn't very convincing in his reassurance, Lysandra shrugged and said skeptically, "Okay, I'll see you later then. Bye." She put down her cats and shifted into her tiger form. All she wanted to do was curl up on her bed, but she had the creeping feeling that the worst was to come, and if it was worse than that, she had better start honing her skills. She picked up her pace as she walked toward her home. Her home was battered a little, but nothing she couldn't fix. As she came nearer to the house, she picked up a voice with her Sharp cat-hearing.
"I don't know, Sore. What if that Caretaker guy was a scam? What if she really is dead? What if she wasn't looking for me? What if she never missed me?"
Lysandra froze.
She smelled dog near her house.
And...
No.
It couldn't be.
She shifted her gaze up from the ground to her house. And sitting on her front step was...
No. It wasn't.
It was impossible.
Yet there she was.
Vanya.
She ran up to her house, and stood next to the mailbox.
Vanya
At first, Vanya was skeptical when she saw the big black-and-red tiger.
But those eyes.
No. It couldn't be.
Yet there she was.
The tiger shifted into...
Lysandra.
Her breath caught and she felt tears spill from her eyes.
"Lysandra?" She squeaked.
Shock stole Lysandra's breath and she breathed, "Vanya."
Both girls rushed together, holding each other and sobbing their hearts out.
For 1800 years, these girls were inseparable. And then they didn't see each other for 700 years.
Can you imagine?
Happiness still leaking out of their eyes, they pulled back to look at each other.

"I can't believe-"
"You're alive!" Lysandra finished her sister's sentence. "You look so much..."
"Older. Can you believe it's been-"
"700 years?! I know, right? You're so beautiful."
"You are, too. I still can't believe-"
"I've missed you so much, Van. How did you find me?"
"I did everything I could. You're second in command?!"
"Yeah, that happened," Lysandra blushed. "Come inside, we need to catch up." Seeing Sorin, she said, "You got a wolf."
"And you got cats... Three of them."
Taking Vanya's hand, the women could not stop glancing at each other, making sure it wasn't a dream, Lysandra led Vanya into her house.
Together.
Finally.

As Revan sat alone on top of his Estate, he noticed something down below. Something pushing up through the ground, living against all odds.
Three black roses.
He crouched down, surprised. These only grew in... They were extremely rare.
He should probably give it to Avaddon, try to make up. Say he was sorry. One he should plant, try to recover what was lost. He had read about these. They only grew in...
Well. Never mind about that.
What to do with the Third?
He smiled. He knew exactly what to do with it.

bfc5324288ee6793f2b460d9702a1501.png
It was a new day. Doggath Tag'drumaath sighed as he pushed the Broomhead across the ground. He hadn't slept. Most of the construction crew hadn't. "Councilman Tag'drumaath. You can go home. Me and the boys can finish up here." The foreman said coming over to the Demon. "I am a humble servant of Ravinca, Koz'gan." Doggath said placing a hand on the foreman's shoulder. "Cleaning up after an attack is a lot easier than navigating the politics of Haven." The Councilman continued. It was true. He welcomed the break. Things weren't exactly what he thought they would be. Tensions with a Serpent's Kiss medical company had forced Doggath to raise taxes so people could keep getting the quality Healthcare they were accustomed to. Not to mention the rumours that most of the damage in the square was actually the result of their Leader, Raven, and not the Ash Wolves plot.
Doggath had been sheltering in the City Hall, trying to coordinate the emergency response effort. He had heard reports that Raven had started destroying bits of the Territory, but at the time figured it was just part of the Ash Wolf plot. Sure, Doggath didn't like the young leader. Figured at only 1600 years old, he was a bit young to lead. Figured a regency should have been put in charge, but Raven carried on like a spoiled child, so they kind of let it go. Up until this point, it wasn't like he was actually doing anything that was damaging the territory.
He couldn't think that Raven had just gone mad and started blowing stuff up. Ravinca needed a Leader. For now, that was Raven. Doggath had a responsibility to the people of Ravinca. Though, the more he helped out, the more he noticed that there was a second epicentre. ONe where the statue exploded. Causing minimal damage. The military advisor on the Council theorised the attack was meant to be more psychological than physical. Shake the people's belief in the Leader's ability to protect them.
The second epicentre was much worse. He wasn't sure what had caused it, but the damage was much more severe. It wasn't a human attack that did this. Doggath didn't want to believe it was Raven, but more and more evidence kept pointing to him. He had seen the Clan ability at work before, and the scorching was almost identical. Almost. When he had seen it last used by the Founder, it was clean. Focused, controlled. This was jagged. Rough. Like the user had lost control. Not yet found the balance needed to wield such power.
Pushing such thoughts from his mind as he pushed the dust and rubble off the street into another portal before collapsing it. As the portal closed, he closed off those thoughts too.
He looked up at the sky and sighed. Things were changing. Changing faster than he would have liked. He saw a bird of ice fly overhead. Knowing what it meant he sighed. Dealing with the day to day would be so much easier if he knew what was spoken about in those meetings. Instead, he had to find other ways to get that information.
Bowing to Koz'gan, Doggath returned the broom to the truck and said his goodbyes. He wasn't going to the meeting. That wasn't his place. No, for now, his place was a Bar. One where he could drink the top shelf dry.

Lysandra rolled her shoulders, squaring up to Vanya in a fighting stance. She held the practice sword-whip in her right hand. Vanya held a practice sword on the other side of the backyard. All three of the cats and Sorin were watching them.
Lysandra teased Vanya on one side then moved her sword to tap her other side, but Vanya batted it away.
Lysandra shook her sword and it turned into a whip, she then took an aggressive stance on Vanya, advancing on her and putting her on the defensive side. They seemed to take turns advancing on each other, it was almost creepy how evenly matched they both were.
They finally broke apart, their chests heaving and leaning on their knees.
That's when Lysandra got the message.
"What is it?" Vanya panted.
"Remember what I told you about last night? Avaddon is summoning the leaders and seconds so we can talk about it," (Unless you were Vanya of course) there was no sign that Lysandra was scared like she was, but she couldnt fool Vanya.
"Why are you scared?"
"I'm scared about what's going to happen to Revan. Where I should stand. And what that would mean for me."
"It's going to work out fine, Lys. Plus, I'll be here for you no matter what."
"I know. Thanks, Van. You can come with me, but you'll probably have to wait outside the room."
"Mkay."

Back