The Intoxicating Belligerence of Unification (CLOSED)

Gattletowne

The Crowned Light of Midday Night
d651865d0140b9d61eeb94dc4df21438.jpg

Treasure Hunters Wanted!

Are you in need of an adventure?

Do you desire a life of excitement?

Do you dream of fortune and fame?

Look No Further!

Hermingild Inquiries is in need of adventurous men and women to quest for objects of great and rare value across the Greater Parishes. Don't have a Gun Dog's license, don't be discouraged! H.I. employs a wide variety of individuals from Crackles to Martialists. The work is dangerous, but the rewards are measureless!

If you are one of these brave souls, please see Lorn Hermingild of Gattletowne in the Morningtrill Parish.

TIBU is going to be a mixed-genre RP. The Greater Parishes is a civilization foraged out of the shadow of a long lost and technologically superior civilization. Technology is present, but much of it is ancient and too esoteric for current understanding. I'm thinking of dark fantasy meets steampunk. The industrial revolution of the Parishes is just beginning, and the lands are rife with taboo and forbidden knowledge.

My Goals

I'm interested in recruiting 3-4 collaborators. This RP will include a heavy world building phase. I want the collaborators to be co-creators rather than just interactors. I'll provide a few more background details about my ideas for this RP, but then much of what happens next will be up to the group as a whole. I want the collective to create this world with me. By including the players in this creation phase I believe everyone will be much more invested in their characters and the story as a whole.

Once we get into the actual RP, I'd like it to be an informal PBP. We don't need to get all storied up right away. I call this the rough draft phase. We work out the basic details of what's going on, dialogue, character interactions, major and minor story beats, general fun and shenanigans, more like a traditional tabletop RP except without all the cumbersome rules. We can make up our own rules and maybe have a dice roll or two, but nothing complex. In this phase, I want to take the pressure out of trying to make the story 'perfect.'

Whenever we decide, be it arbitrary or specifically decided, we going into full Story phase. We can divide up sections and assign them to each collaborator. That section will be up to the collaborator to write in any style he or she pleases, but staying true to what was created in the rough draft phase. This means you do not have total editorial freedom to change any outcomes decided by the collective. This is merely the part where we all get to participate directly in putting our stylistic 'stamp' on the story. After we're happy with the results, we return to the rough draft phase and so the RP thus moves forward.

This system also gives you an out if you're uncomfortable with your writing. I know writing a story is much more difficult than creating an interesting RP. If you really want to collaborate with the story building aspect and RP a character, but want nothing to do with the Story phase, then this might be for you.

Further Details of the Greater Parishes

The Parishes are defended and policed by the Shining Crown Array, the major military force of the region. It was originally the holy army of Sibisis, but it's now only loosely tied to religion.

Sibisis is the Sun, and the religion that worships Sibisis is a sun cult. The day is holy and the night is taboo. Ixe (eh-k-see) is the counterpart of the sun god. Ixe is the Forever Night and generally symbolizes misfortune and aberration.

Gun Dogs are special agents with extensive power to do as he or she sees fit. They are some kind of marshal or enforcer, a kind of agent of Sibisis, and their sigil of office is the sun. You have to get a special license to be Gun Dog. Most of them, these days, get their license illegitimately and are tyrants.

A Crackle is a psychic. Most are kinetics (move stuff around), some influence minds, and some can choke the life out of you with a look. Others can see into the dimensions of death or experience memories of the past through the eyes of those who lived them.

A Martialist is a fighter. Only Gun Dogs and members of the Array are permitted firearms, Martialists are trained to use their physicality and their environment to their advantage. Some use blunt weapons (edged weapons are taboo), but most are hand-to-hand experts. I would like to differentiate this class from martial artists. I'm not envisioning traditional kata-based, eastern martial arts. MMA styles might be okay, but I'm envisioning a very pragmatic skill, like street fighting honed to an art-form.

My character is Melle Besilesk (beh-sill-esk). She was a Master Soldier in the Array and took Sibisis very seriously. After a crisis of faith, she left the Array and entered the private sector. She is a Gun Dog and is one of the few to be awarded the license legitimately, though she claims she got it like most do, with a fat bribe. She is Lorn's oldest and most valuable employee.

Lorn Hermingild pretends to be treasure hunter, but in truth he's obsessed with the taboo and the forbidden. He sends his operatives into dangerous situations in search of relics, artifacts, and ancient tech. He pays very, very well.

That's it, that's what we'll start with. Those three classes are not the hard stop of what we can create, just a few to get ideas for characters flowing. It's open ended from here. Won't you join me to create a world and then play in it?

OOC/Discussion here

Last edited:
I could help if you would be willing to accept a newbie here. My first ever rp was actually a steampunk one, lol.

I am also a newbie, so we're all in this experiment together. Glad to have you with us! There's more of an idea of what I'm going for in the OOC. You can find it here

Fresh out of rehab and ready to "colab".

Okay, I'm not really fresh out of rehabilitation. I just like to make rhymes in random situations.

Haha. There I go again.

-Fin.

Happy to have you Almighty! If you haven't seen the OOC/Discussion yet, you can find it here.
I'm currently working on a google doc to organize everything we've come up with so far. Hope to have it available in a day or two.

Back