nico

inactive
4382088.png

Background/Establishing Details:

Usually, Guardian Angels were put in charge of empaths, along with other good-natured immortals and gifted individuals. However, he had been pulled from his usual demonic activity into a pact of sorts. This empath was his to watch over, and they never told him why he was the one who had to do that job. He thought it must be some sick sort of joke that the Elders -- essentially the bosses of the Guardian Angels -- was pulling on the demons. What pissed him off the most was that his boss had agreed to send him and refused to fill him in with the Elders had shared.

---------------------------------------------

"I'm her Guardian Angel," the man sat and gestured to the chair across from him.
"Then why am I here? This is what you're meant for," he dropped into the chair, resting his chin on his hands as his elbows rested on the table.
"You would do well to remember this is a job I approved. I expect you'll do your best, or else," the larger man's hands clapped down onto his shoulders, squeezing a bit as he finished his statement with a threat.
The younger demon nodded as he sat back in his chair, a more respectful demeanor overall, as his boss left the room. He knew that if his boss said there was an or else, he meant it, and a punishment from the boss was far worse than anything imaginable.
"To answer your question, I'm not sure why they're trusting you with this. I have been in charge of caring for her for many of her soul lifetimes, but I suppose that ends now," the Angel sounded almost defeated.
Never had their kinds gotten along, of course, their very existence was established to pit them against each other. There was no point in Angels if there was no source of evil in the world.
"Many lifetimes? So she's quite literally an old soul in a new skin," his wording seemed wrong for a place like this, but that's the way any other demon would have said it, "Alight, what do I have to do?"
"You have to watch her," the Angel's tone became serious, "if harm comes to her it will also come to you. If you must watch her in your human form, feel free to do so. I'm sure that's part of why the assigned this to you, because you have a human half. Keep interaction normal, as if you don't know who she is. No intervening with social interactions unless they're from a demon or hunter who is looking to harm her. As creepy as it sounds, watch her while she sleeps. Her nightmares are very real, and she may need you to come to her rescue on the plane her soul travels to in her sleep. For now, that's all I have for you."
He tapped a file on the table a few times, mumbling a goodbye to it as he slid it to the demon. The folder was full of information about her to help him keep track of her and to help him grow some form of attachment to who she is, at least on paper.

She had always been sensitive to people's emotions and often put off her own well-being if it meant someone she cared about would be okay. Her mother always called her empathetic, and her health teachers had told her she had empath qualities. But she never thought it was that important or out there, probably because it was her normal. Recently, it had been getting a lot more exhausting, and she was barely able to get any sleep. Her thoughts were plagued by these vibrant, lucid dreams wherein she would be in danger either by a person or by a creature which caused her to wake, sweating and terrified in the middle of the night. No matter how real they felt she brushed it off as just a dream, after all, she didn't know any better. In the daytime, she would become quickly exhausted if put in a large crowd, and if friends came to her for comfort she would leave the conversation feeling as if she'd run a marathon. She pushed it off as being sick, but little did she know it was just the beginning. The Elders had finally been able to start to process of her body's immortality to go along with her souls. She had no memory of her past lifetimes, but with the change in her status of a human empath to an immortal empath, nobody could predict what side effects she would face.

What neither of them knows is that they're soulmates. The Elders have purposely kept their spiritual connection off the books in order to let them continue being together no matter the lifetime without their alignment to good or evil getting in the way. Will he recognize her soul once he finally comes face-to-face with her? Will his human form make her remember past lifetimes they have shared? The Elders don't know. They assume the demon will be mad when he figures out why they put him up to this because they didn't tell him at the start, but they aren't allowed to intervene. If the Elders were to tell anyone, even Elders that may not know of this connection, they had the potential to break the spiritual bond the two share. Plus, if that information got out, it would only make the price on the girl's head even higher, and there would be less chance of her ever truly being safe again. Especially now that she was becoming immortal, this information had to be taken with those who knew until they were no more.

First, I would like to thank you for reading all of that, and now we can move onto the details. I will be playing the empath turning immortal, and I am looking for someone willing to play a male half-demon. If you're curious where the inspiration for this came from, it's from the older version of the show Charmed because Julian McMahon as Cole Turner was something I really enjoyed. The only real inspiration I took from that is the half-demon concept, as well as some of the roles of Angels and Demons along with their planes of existence.

The genres of this story are; Supernatural, Romantic, and Slice of Life.
That being said, I would like these characters to have realistic interactions, well as realistic as an immortal and half demon's interactions could be.

If there are any details in the plot or relationship between the main characters that you would like to change or specify please pm me, and we can work together to make this something that both of us would be happy with before sharing character sheets and moving to the IC forums. If you have general questions just reply to this thread, and I will get them answered for you. In PMs, we can also come up with a title that can differ from the one on this thread. If you would like to take the romance out of this story entirely, you're free to play a female or nonbinary half-demon, but for a roleplay where there's a romance, I ask that you play a male as I stated above.

Writing Style and Replies:
I am semi-lit to adv-lit. I tend to reply around 300-500 words, but I can make my replies much longer. If we are replying with 2+ paragraphs I'll ask for at least two replies a day, and for replies shorter than two paragraphs I'd like three replies minimum daily. I will match my reply length to yours so if I'm starting with large, multi-paragraph replies and you reply with one paragraph or less I will do the same.
Please make your replies 3rd person as that is what I am most comfortable with and reply in. If your replies are all first and mine third it will look messy which is why I ask that we both do third-person replies.
I would like this to be a long term thing, but if your someone who likes short term I suppose I'm open to that as well. If we start out as long term and you start losing interest or feel there's not much more to do we can either work on a new task for them to do/a new scenario to put them in and turn the rp into a multi-thread rp or keep it in the same thread under the new premise. However, if you don't think a new scenario would excite/inspire you either please let me know so we can reach a conclusion in the rp or at least so I know that you will be leaving.
I do understand that life happens, so I will not pester if your replies have been slow or short, but if there's a point where you know you will be gone for a long period of time please give me a heads up. If I'm given no heads-up and it's been a week without a reply I will PM you to check-in and ask what's going on because first-and-foremost I would like to make sure you're okay and provide help if I can.

Character Sheet:
Human Name:
Demon Name:
Nickname(s):
Preferred Name:
Height:
Personality: (can be short and expanded upon as the rp plays out)
Backstory: (how they became a demon maybe, but this is a fully optionally part of the sheet)
Character Reference: (I prefer pictures, but I am willing to accept a description for either one of both halves of your character)

!! I'm unsure if I will be playing the same character if multiple people end up interested in this, so I will share my character with you when we get there !!

Last edited:
Back