1,700 Colors

"What's up with you? Do you eat eggs and bacon?" He asked, slipping some white bread into the toaster. It began glowing, and radiating heat, as it toasted the toast, as did the stove as it cooked the food. He wasn't sure what else to say... She acted somewhat like an animal, yet she looked pretty human from first glance. He looked at her from over his shoulder, and felt a ping of annoyance as he remembered: She wasn't wearing any clothes...

She looked at the man then back at the frying pan. "I eat...anything...rats too." She said, trying to piece together a coherent sentence but fialing spectacularly like she always did. Enjoying the warmth coming from the toasters side she kept a wary eye of the little flames from the gas stove, completely unaware that she was naked in a kitchen...not to mention she didn't even know she needed to wear clothes to begin with.

He smiled, pushing his glasses into place, rectangular and clear, the silver frame disappearing behind his hair near his ears. He was wearing a pair of slacks, and a dress shirt, with an unacceptably loose tie. He had his white sleeves rolled up to his arms, and tipped the pan he was cooking on as he scraped the eggs off onto a plate. His skin was darker than hers, and a little less green considering she was a plant. He didn't acknowledge her rat comment, since it just made him sick. And it made sense. The plant could benefit from consuming things potent in nutrients she needs, like other plants. As for meat, it's a good source of protein, which all living things need... but was she a living thing? Did she satisfy all the traits of a living thing? He racked his brain for any other information he slept through in high school, but came up with nil. Besides, he was getting a bit hungry, and it was time to eat. He gazed down at her through brown and hopefully friendly eyes, and picked up the plate, and grabbed a fork, while turning the stove off. He took the toast, and smiled.
"Come on. You can have some food if you'd like. Although we don't eat rats here." He said, smiling at her, as he meandered off to the living room, where he had a couch, and a beanbag for sitting on, and a small television to keep him occupied on slow days. He sat on his couch and rolled his shoulders, closing his eyes for a moment, and looked down at the girl.
"So... does this smell good to you?" He asked, lowering the plate so she could get a better whiff of the fragrance of the breakfast.

If only She could remember what she was in the past and could explain it herself there wouldn't be any doubts at all but right now her mind was focused on the eggs and bacon he scraped off of the pan and into a plate. Following him she watched as he sat down and lowered the plate to let her take a better sniff at it.

Her 40 centimeters long tongue practically rolling out as she seemed to want to try it out. "Smells food~" She said while stuffing her tongue back in, hoping he wouldn't notice it.

Sterling nearly flinched as he saw her huge tongue roll out of her mouth. He smiled reassuringly, not knowing what to do with her...

I should tell someone... maybe they can point her to the right direction... but after all of the tropes in the movies, she's likely to be taken by the government and experimented on like a lab rat... I couldn't wish that upon her, no matter how alien she seemed. My biggest concern before this was how to get Piper off of my back, but now I basically have to care for another person... animal... plant...?

While he was thinking, he'd lost his appetite, and placed the plate down next to Zenith, and let her have at it.... it was quite unsettling to think about going back to work on Monday with her here.

While Sterling contemplated what to do with her she looked at the plate down on the ground and picked it up. Sitting down as she pressed her back against the sofa she decided to keep her third arm to herself and despite being around a human for just 1 day she was already beginning to pick up some details like using a fork. Holding it in a fist and jabbing the bacon on it she bit a chunk off of it.

'Yummy~' She thought to herself as she savored the taste. it was far better tasting than anything she was getting in that lab or those rats she caught in the park.

Sterling smiled as he watched her eat... He smiled, and she almost seemed human... Well, other than the way she held her fork. He picked up his book, the classical Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. He decided to read, since it helped him clear his mind of all of the alien plant girl drama...

"Her vestal livery is but sick and green,
And none but fools do wear it. Cast it off!"

The passage read... He blushed deeply, glancing at the girl, who quite literally looked sick and green... And his eyes drifted over her barely decent form. "Hey, Zenith..." He muttered, his face as red as a tomato...

"Mmmm?" She let out a sound as she looked up with a piece of bacon hanging halfway out of her mouth. Watching his skin color go red she almost instinctively copied him as she own skin color began changing at her nose and fingertips at first until her skin was the same tone as his and she was blushing an adorable red just like he was.

She seemed to be quite confused why he had called out her name and while she contemplated upon why she sucked in the remainder of her bacon strip and swallowed it whole.

"We should..." He began, before the room began getting too uncomfortable for him. He promptly stood up, and slid the glass door open, slamming it behind him.

Geez, Sterling, get yourself together... You can't get freaky with some experiment you just met, even if she isn't dressed at all... He thought, looking back into the house at Zenith through the glass. He sighed, knowing living with her isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world... He took out a cigarette, and lit it, taking a long drag from it... Zenith would be watching... He needs to be a positive role model so she can turn out alright. The last thing he needs is a plant experiment with a nicotine addiction. He took one last long drag from it, coughing a bit, before putting it out, and throwing it in the can. He'd hide the cigarettes just in case she got any ideas... She imitated him eating with a fork, he should give her good things to imitate. He shoved the carton into his pocket, and walked back in, having calmed down after his almost committing unforgivable deed...

And he sure was right Zenith was watching him smoke and showed a clear sign of disgust as she watched the smoke exit him while the little coal burned brightly when he took in a breath. She looked like a clear no for smoking... maybe some past experience with it? Nobody would really know unless she tells it.

Soon enough she returned to munching on her breakfast with the still awkwardly held fork while her skin color seemed to retain the same human tone just darkening slightly to match her surroundings better. As she ate her food the girl in front of him wouldn't seem all too much different from a regular human save fore that gigantic natural disaster she calls hair.

"Hey Zenith. I'm going to be gone. You have to stay inside, understand? It's not safe out there for you." Sterling said, sitting on the couch next to her... "You can go anywhere you want, just don't go outside." He said, slipping on a jacket. He had to get some clothes for her. She couldn't just sit around like that, what would the neighbors say? He sighed, grabbing his keys, and opening the door, finding him face to face with one of the neighbors...
(Do you want to play the neighbor?)

Zenith would look at him once again and nod when she said to stay indoors. She really didn't have much of a reason to go outside and as she finished her breakfast she put the plate on the coffee table and picked up his book. At first looking it over curiously giving it a sniff then a curious lick before shuddering as the cover didn't taste nice at all. Flipping through the pages she seemed to look at the words written down with undivided attention and concentration.
(hmm sure i can try though why would the neighbor be there?)

(Maybe she wanted to go hang out with him or something, its your character now! :p )
"Hey... It's you." Sterling said to his neighbor, trying to sound as normal as possible, under all the pressure of keeping her safe. "What's up?" He asked her, leaving and closing the door behind him so he wouldn't see Zenith behind him...

"Yes it me again." she said with a chuckle and gave him a light love tap on his shoulder with her fist. She seemed like an athlete in in her early 30ties dressed in a blue track suit... Most likely heading out for her morning jogging session. "Was wondering if you would like to come out and take a walk with me." she asked. She also wanted to know what that green thing he pulled in last night was but would ask about that later.

He sighed, thinking for a moment... She'd want to know why he was shopping, or even worse: Go shopping with him. Wouldn't make him seem very classy if she caught him buying girl's clothes.

"Alright." He said quickly, although not really dressed in jogging clothes. He was about a decade younger than her, and a bit shorter, and she was a hell of a lot stronger than him, since he never did any manual work, him being in a white collar job. "I'll walk with you..." He said, locking his door behind him. Hopefully that would deter Zenith from escaping, and turned to his neighbor, walking with her.

"So, what'd you do yesterday?" He asked, trying to keep idle chat going.

"Not much really was outdoors most of the day." She replied before beginning to make her way downstairs. "What you plan on doing today?" She decided to ask when halfway down to keep the ball rolling.

Zenith heard the door get locked and looked in its direction as her red eye zoomed in to see just what was going on thee but still couldn't make out much detail. shrugging a little she returned to examining the book while her skin color finally lost its human coloration and returned to be salad green.

"Was going to go grocery shopping. You?" He replied, smiling as he followed her down the stairs. He didn't want her to know about Zenith, it would just complicate things. He followed her, walking a few paces behind her.

How am I going to keep this a secret forever? Zenith doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, and she's eventually leave from either curiosity or some other reason... Hopefully that will never happen...

((Sorry been busy so pretty slow XP))

As they reached the bottom of the stairs she said. "Hmm shopping sounds nice and besides my morning jog or a walk with you i actually was curious...what was that green thing i saw yesterday. looked like a bush jumping over the road." She apparently had seen Zenith follow him into the house while she was returning from her day out.

She at least didn't seem concerned but genuinely curious at that and wanted to know who or what could even jump that far.

Sterling flinched... He wasn't sure what to say... He supposed he should begin with the truth.

"Well... yesterday I found a plant, and decided to take it into my house." He said nonchalantly, as if he was glossing over it. "You get anything exciting lately?" Sterling asked.

"A jumping plant huh? Now that's something you don't see every day. i'm sure it will look nice in your house." She said with a smile as she seemed to genuinely buy it for now. but for how long time will just tell.

"Exciting you say...hmm i did get a cat finally. what a lovely little thing he is too." She said while thinking back to the first time she say the her new pet and what eh did when he was finally let loose in her flat.

Back