[1x1] Captured

Wintergreen

The Heart of The Party
(This is a continuation of a roleplay from our thread, the Rp bellow is from Destinesia)

The guard rolled his eyes. "Room." He pointed upstairs.
Mercy stood there. "No, I'm not-"
"I said, go to your room."
Mercy glared at him, then gave in and went upstairs.
For a while, she tossed a ball in the air, throwing and catching it over and over again. Her thoughts were mostly mad- but she was also planning to get out. Not very efficiently, she realized.
Hmm... I could break everything? No, I'd fail dreadfully at that. I could... Murder everyone? Nah, not me. What can I do...? I should get that man back. Yes, he'd probably know what to do.
She sighed, tossing the ball higher. It hit the ceiling, making a distinct thump noise. She smiled, hoping it annoyed Atlas.
Apparently, it did, because angry shouting came from downstairs, and now there were footsteps. Mercy looked at her arm, and nearly jumped up with joy.
She was invisible for once.
Atlas burst in. "What-" He frowned. "Where are you?"
Mercy grinned, and began walking slowly towards the door.
And of course, a board creaked underneath her foot and Atlas whipped around. "What's going on here? Mercy, I will kill you."
Mercy flew down the stairs, not caring the noises she made. Ironically, he didn't either, because more shouting erupted from the stairway.
She looked around, then spotted the door, leading to the small bit of outside she was allowed. Mercy ran outside, looking around. Maybe I could call for him?

--------------------------------------------

Starring...

@Wintergreen
@➳Dᴇꜱᴛɪɴᴇꜱɪᴀ➳

The whole factory had an alarm going off, as for what he didn't know, but he didn't have to, this was the distraction he had been waiting for, the distraction Mallus had created for him. The mysterious Mallus motives were still unknown which had concerned Grand, But it was important to free these people being enslaved by the big bad corporation known as Gravity Base. The building towered over him, it had taken so many lives over forcing many people in it's shadow, it wasn't right. Regardless of how much he had been a coward, Regardless of his past, Regardless of who he was, there was one certain idea that rang through his head.

There are times, no matter how small we feel, no matter how small we are, there was a time to stand up and fight for what you believe.

He was letting his fears fade away and letting the hero in him surface, his inner hidden confidence that was often on absence had emerged, it rushed through his veins it was..

"Time to be a hero" He said caught up in the moment.

He ran into the building and down the long corridors of secured cells. The scientists, political figures, and security had ran past him on their way out. Whatever this alarm was for it was urgent. The cells seemed to be opening, which was exactly what he intended, but something was off. Some inmates had acted suspiciously, They were attacking the facilities workers. They were justifiably and understandably mad, but that didn't make it right, often times what is called justice isn't always right. He ran through the chaos. The security force was shooting at some of the inmates. One started to take notice of him and point his gun. Grand's pupils had shrunk, the world started to slow around him. The bullet slowly whizzed through the air, he flicked it away from him, he then grabbed the security guards gun and knocked him out. But that was hardly the last of his troubles, a beefy man who had gone berserk ran straight for him, Once again Grand used his ability to increase his reflexes, all seemed slow and he slid under the colossal.

He made it to the final hallway huffing heavily, his muscles were exhausted for the moment having used his ability twice in a row, he was still adjusting to his power. After all he had only discovered about it a month ago, Right around the time he found out about Mallus.

"Mercy where are you!?"

Mercy stood there for a bit, trying to listen through the alarm. Then, she heard his voice calling.
"Here!" She shouted, looking around. Mercy didn't know if he had heard her. Whether he had, or whether he had not, it was vital for her to get out- and quick. She could hear people shouting- and they were shouting angrily.
"I'm here!" Mercy yelled again, then looked back anxiously as the shouting got closer. She knew that if she just tried, she could climb this fence.
Mercy took a running start, and tried to get a grip on the uneven wood. It wasn't easy, but soon, she was making her way up the posts.
She flinched, getting several splinters. Mercy fought to keep a grip, then kept going- right up to the point that she slipped.
"Ow..." She groaned, after landing harshly on the ground. Mercy sat there, shocked, then got up, blocking every thought of doubt out of her mind. "C'mon... C'mon Mercy..." She whispered, closing her eyes and trying to concentrate on her pretty much useless- but still helpful abilities. "Come on..." Mercy kept repeating. She opened her eyes, and looked down at her arm to see if it was invisible- which it wasn't.
That meant, she was pretty much screwed, because it also indicated she was weak. Great, just what I need right now... Please, please come here... She looked around for Grand.

Grand had made way outside to see Mercy on the ground.

Drip! Drip! Drip!

The sky had turned grey, rain started to pour, and where the water met the ground you could hear the sky screaming 'there was change coming'. The water would wash out the past and reveal a new future, as for what the future would hold, they couldn't possibly know. He entered the open yard surrounded by fence - And there she was. The girl he didn't know all to much about, the person he came to save.

"Hold up, Boy"

Atlas walked towards him, each slow footstep was made with evil intent. The mans face was revealed from the shadows as he entered. He was holding a simple pistol, he must've came here to cut his loses. Grand was't about to sit there and let it happen though, if he used his power again he wold be in for it, then again it was the only option he could see, The severity of the situation was making him nervous clogging his thoughts, So it was time for him to act.

"Nice try, But not today, Atlas" He let out a smug laugh.

His pupils shrank the farthest then they ever had before. Time was almost still, the only reminder of time was the slowly descending rain. He ran over to Mercy and grabbed her, he swung at the fence forcing it open, but as his hand met the fence pain surged down his arm, he definitely hurt his muscles. He couldn't manage any longer and his ability had deactivated.

"We'll get you out of here"

His arm felt nothing, the shocking situation made him ignore the pain. He ran away with Mercy to anywhere that would be safer than this place, he kept running and running, until he was behind some alley way, his conscious started to fade, he really had overdone it. It was all a blur, then - nothing.

Grand fell to the ground.

Mercy blinked, and looked around. She had fallen to the ground as well, a short distance away from him.

"Grand!" She noticed him, and moved over to him. Mercy saw that he was unconscious. Several reasons that could've happened... Actually, many.

She checked him for breathing, then moved him onto his side, as she'd learned that would be helpful. Mercy looked around again. Great. I can't call 911, as they'll take Atlas's side when they learn how we got into this mess... I'll have to wait for him to wake up... She watched him, concerned. Can I wake him up? What would be the best way to wake him up? Think, Mercy, think.

She tried to recall the training she'd went through at school when she was training to be an ER nurse, but stress seemed to wipe her memory. Why am I like this?

Mercy shook her head at herself, then checked Grand for injuries.

"Wake up, Grand" Mallus said.

He finally woke up. Hi entire body ached, his muscles were killing him, and his left hand was brused to hell. It stung.

"Hey.. you ok, like nothing happened, Mercy?"

"Thank God." She sat back. "Yeah, I'm fine." Mercy knew she was bruised, but it wasn't bad- she couldn't possibly be feeling nearly as bad as him right now.

"Um, I'm guessing you're... Not okay?" She blinked, concerned. "You look like you fell pretty hard."

"Yeah, I guess my powers have take there toll on me, they are pretty new, and the constant - uh nothing" Hes said.

His muscles ached but were feeling a little better.

Mercy tilted her head. "Okay..."

She looked around, still concerned. "We need to find a good place to hide. News will be out quickly- and I can tell you this, we can expect for most people to not be on our side."

"Not on our side what do you mean? It's not exactly like slavery is common place now days, I guess if we had like evidence, then we'd for sure, like i dont know, look innocent?"

Mallus was still there, Ease dropping on the conversation. What had he wanted? Regardless of that fat, he knew where they could go.

"My grandmas house..."

"It's complicated..." She shook her head. "People will think that if they took me- it would be for good reason, and it's not. We could convince them, but..." Mercy shook her head. "Your grandmother's house... Yeah, we can go there."

Mercy looked around, then frowned. "Something's up."

Meanwhile, three people were trailing them. All three of them working for Aster.

She realized there were figures behind them. "We need to go," Mercy grabbed his wrist. "Now."

Back