1x1 roleplay recruitment question

Minminniexx

MxM RP's - GDocs / Discord for chatting -
Do you guys have a specific location where we can find partners for 1x1 roleplays? I see that there are general RP areas where you can RP with other users in public groups and things like that, but I'm more of a 1x1 and enjoy connecting with a person for long term, multiple sessions RP - where we enjoy several RP's over the course of our friendship.

I also like to RP offsite from time to time, like using Google Docs or IM's to RP, I came from a site where you weren't allowed to talk outside of Pm's and their forums, they forced you to stick to their forums only and it was really stifling to my creativity. It is different here right?

( edit: I'm not approved yet, so I can't see everything, just checking beforehand - I think I signed up in a dead hour :) )

Well, typically with a roleplay forum it's expected that you roleplay in the forums. The reason for this is that it can actually be harmful for a forum if people are using the forum to recruit for off-site roleplays. This is because it draws people away and the forums become less active as roleplays are done elsewhere. Less activity means fewer people are likely to join as they don't see much going on. Fewer people joining, fewer roleplays available, eventually a forum just fizzles out.

That said we're lax about people using outside mediums in conjunction with the forums. IE using google documents to collab a post before posting it in the forums. Or for players to roleplay scenes that wouldn't otherwise be allowed on site if they wish. We also don't care what people are doing OOCly for communicating with one another. We just don't want people joining and using the forum as a personal recruitment resource to get players to go roleplay somewhere else which hurts peoples roleplays being run here. Especially if they aren't contributing content to help maintain activity on the website. because all or most of their roleplaying is done offsite.

That is a relief, and completely understandable. I still continue to talk with the community, even when I am offsite with roleplays. I don't 'mind' RPing onsite, but I lost 6 years of roleplays when YaoiDreams went down and servers deleted everything, so It make me so nervous to RP on site now days. Losing that much work, is painful. Even if you are collaborating, it's kinda sucky when you lose it.

Yeah, I've lost stuff from sites shutting down in the past. We're very diligent about protecting peoples content. And if some unseen extraneous circumstance forced us to shut down years from now, we would make sure copies of everyone's content where made available.

That said, it was hard to tell from your reply, but just to be clear you understand that roleplays being advertised on our forum are expected to be run on our forum, and OOC communications we don't care where those happen as long as the roleplay content is being posted on site and generating activity?

Back