Akashic Arcana A Chance Meeting

0rganist

Eternal Wanderer of the Plains
@Widowmaker

Lobelia was not particularly the best at keeping track of the time, which meant she was running late and the train was about to part back to the island.

Uriel is going to kill me if I have to fly over again, she thought as she scurried between the sea of students that had also procrastinated returning to the Academy. At least she had a good reason... with the Winter Ball and the Tournament right around the corner, she needed to make her dress and design Uriel's tournament outfit. Not because he wanted her to, but because she felt that she needed to.

The chilly air sent goosebumps up her legs, the rosy pink skirt she wore made her already pale legs appear almost like honey milk and the sweater she wore felt like it didn't protect her against the cold air of the city. The fact that they were so close to the coast probably didn't help her either...

She made it just in time, quickly swiping the little card she had kept in her hand on the little machine that would recognize her ticket back to the island, a sigh of relief leaving her lips as she stepped into the familiar train. Taking a seat near a window as she put her bags down at her feet, pulling her purse so she would be able to unzip it and pull her phone.

Finally get to go back home... she told herself as she threw her head back and let out a happy sigh from between her rosy lips.

"Yawn..." Vanessa exclaimed as she awoke from sleep in her little flat to realise the time. "No... I'm late!!!" She immediately got dressed in her attire and immediately began running for the Monorail Station. Today was the day she would check out the Arcadian Academy that she had read and heard about, the place where people with magical talents go to learn and expand their knowledge. She had hoped that this would be the opportunity to learn more about her Divine Heritage and perhaps expand on her abilities.

She managed to make it to the station just in the nick of time and swiped her card, only for the train operator to stop her. "You need to pay to head to Arcadia Academy seeing as your ID is just a regular citizen." "Of course." Vanessa replied as she paid for the train access and walked in to discover that there were barely any seats left. The only seat left available was the one next to Lobelia.

Politely walking over and taking a seat, she breathed a sigh of relief as she managed to make it there before it left. "I can't wait to see the Academy... Hopefully I can get enrolled and learn more about my abilities..."

Love's bright blue eyes came upon the girl that took the seat next to her, a small smile crossing her lips as she looked at the black haired girl, "Isn't it a dread to go right back?" she let out a soft sigh, "I wish we could just skip the classes part and get to graduating already"

She kept that smile across her lips as she extended her hand, "I'm Lobelia, it's a pleasure to meet you my dear temporary train buddy."

She pulled her bags more towards her own feet to allow for the girl to have more feet-room. Knowing how obnoxious it was to sit next to someone that seems to carry half the world in their bags.

"Are you a first year? I don't think I have seen you around?" she asked as she lifted her gaze from her bags up to the girl once more.

"Hi Lobelia, my name's Vanessa. It's really nice to meet you." She smiled happily towards her as she had began to make a friend on her train ride. She had gotten herself comfortable until she had asked her question about being a part of the Academy.

"Um... I'm not. I was actually hoping I could enrol..." She exclaimed, rubbing the back of her head. "I'm still learning my inheritance and what I have isn't very strong or complex, plus I have no where else to go. Not since my parents are no longer with me..."

Her bright smile got shut down quickly at the mention of the girl losing her parents, Lobelia herself knowing exactly what it felt like to be alone on this world.

"I'm sorry about your parents," she said softly before nodding, "The Academy is very welcoming, I'm sure enrollment will be a piece of cake for you."

She gave Vanessa a half hearted smile trying to lighten up the mood again. Her hands fidgeting with her cellphone as she looked outside of the window, the vast sea shining brightly as the sun hit it perfectly enough that the blue of the sky made the waves of water look like ripples in the sky itself, "It's great, really. I can give you some sort of tour when we get there," she looked back and smiled sincerely this time, her big blue eyes meeting Vanessa's as she spoke cheerfully, "I have no classes for the rest of the day anyway."

"My parents began teaching me the basics of Divine Magic. Thanks to them, I learned some basic abilities as well as my Divine Blessing... As well as craft my first suit of armour and sword." She exclaimed, looking down towards the floor. "I'm hoping I can enrol so I can have a place to live that isn't a dump..." She then looked towards Lobelia and had high hopes. "You really think I can enrol? I barely know anything about the Academy. And if they test me, what if I fail? My abilities aren't very strong..."

She nodded and offered an encouraging pat to the girl's knee, "The entrance exam might be difficult depending on who you test with, but I'm sure you will do great!"

A bright smile crossed her lips again as she looked around the almost empty train, typically it would be fuller than how it was, but perhaps it was just because of the cart they chose to ride in. Most students stuck to the carts in the back, like always.

"The dorms are gorgeous in the academy, and getting placed with a roommate sounds like it would be fun!" she said as she looked back at Vanessa, "I wish I would've been placed in a dorm with someone, but my brother is too over protective of me, and he rather keep me by his side the whole time... so he just kind of had our parents rent us an actual apartment on the island."

"Your brother is overprotective?" Vanessa asked, a bit confused at that statement. Someone being overprotective was not something she had known about. She then responded to the words involving the tests. "What kind of exam would I be taking? I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to take on one of those students if it's a test of strength... But I'll try my best." She exclaimed, looking down towards her knee and then looked towards Lobelia with a confident expression.

"I'll do my best to ace the exam, I have to. I wish to learn more about my inheritance and maybe use it to keep myself safe."

Lobelia giggled a little bit as she thought of Uriel and his unnecessary need to keep her safe, "Yeah, he is a little over the top at times. He has always been." A permanent smile seemed to be stamped on her rosy lips, Lobelia was blessed with one of the kindest faces any new student could come across.

"It's a battle exam of course!" She smiled excitedly, "I'm sure you will do just fine, they try to ensure to not go over the top at the entrance exam... but it would still be a good idea to plan out your survival plan!" she winked at her as she pressed her finger against the glass of the window as if she tried to show Vanessa something outside, "Look you can see part of the island already!"

Vanessa looked out towards where she was pointing and she was greeted with a beautiful sight of the academy island. "Woah... It's beautiful..." She muttered in admiration. She clearly enjoyed seeing new places, even more so if she got the opportunity to stay there. "I hope I can pass so I can live here... As much as I have gotten through so far living on my own, living in a actual place with friendly people is much better for me than living in a poorly maintained flat with terrible neighbours..."

"The island is gorgeous! I'm sure you will love the dormitories!" she smiled as she kept her eyes glued to the outside of the window, "The whole thing is almost straight out of a movie, its seriously beautiful"

Lobelia went quiet after her statement, her stare locked with the way the horizon melted with the sea, the perfectly timed waves crashed gently against the almost entirely visible shore of the island. The sun making it seem like the white sand was actually just piles of pure snow.

"Back at home, our beaches have pale brown sand," she started speaking again reminiscing as her thoughts formulated into sentences, "when we first arrived here, Uriel and I were enchanted with the way the beach around the island looks. We spent days visiting the beaches trying to find seashells and sea glass..." She had caught herself mid-thought; A shy blush covering her cheeks before she looked at Vanessa sheepishly smiling, "Sorry I get caught in memories more often than I care to admit."

Vanessa couldn't help but laugh at that. "Hahahaha... It's quite alright. This Uriel you keep talking about, is he someone close to you?" She asked, looking a bit down. "My apologies if it's a touchy subject, I haven't exactly had anyone to cling to for reasons I've already told about. Not even any brothers or sisters or cousins or anyone. I fended for myself. Which wasn't too bad, I got by, but with no one around to guide me."

"Oh, sorry I forget not everyone knows my big bad monster of a brother," she giggled, "Uriel is my overprotective brother. I'm sure you will meet him soon enough if you stick with me." She winked at the young girl with a bright grin across her pink lips.

"Believe me," she said softly, "Having him around is both a blessing and a curse."

She recalled the couple hundred times she watched innocent boys get threatened until they left her alone even if she had instigated the flirting. Uriel was a force that easily manipulated the world around her even if it were to keep her safe.

"I wonder what that'd be like..." She muttered to herself out-loud as she continued staring out at the island. It really was beautiful. She had good luck and fortune to have been given the chance to go there and learn more about her magical traits and abilities, and maybe even improve in strength.

Maybe she'd meet a special someone there? Who knows. "I'm so glad I have this opportunity... It's too good to be true."

The station was visible now to the girls, they were now less than 5 minutes away from the island. The students and people around them began gathering their belongings to make sure nothing was left behind, Lobelia following their lead pulled her bags into her hand before looking at Vanessa, "Just follow me, my car is in the parking lot of the station, we can head back to the school and I can give you a makeshift tour," she smiled.

The jingling of her keys audible within her purse as she shook it close to her head to make sure they were in there, she was an airhead, and so it wouldn't be the first time she lost her keys if they weren't in there. A small laugh leaving her before she hid her face in the palms of her hands, "I realize how dumb I just looked," she laughed softly against her hands.

"A makeshift tour? I can't wait!" She exclaimed with a bright smile as she followed Lobelia to where the parking lot was. Once she noticed that she checked her purse for the car keys and making that comment about herself, she couldn't help but laugh a little. "Hehe~ It's okay. I've seen passerby's do that too, you're not the only one~" She exclaimed with a bit of tease in her tone, as if making a joke about it. She had hoped that by doing this, it'd prolong the joke.

"I don't think I've ever been in a car before... I can't remember." She exclaimed, scratching her head.

While still giggling about her odd exchange with the young female, Love reached into her purse pulling out a set of black keys, the little control on one of them making a car in the middle of the lot let out a loud beep. "Sorry, as you know I'm not the brightest colour in the rainbow," she giggled, "so I tend to forget where I park." She picked up her pace as her sort heels clicking softly against the pavement as she walked towards a light grey vehicle. It appeared to be some sort of Luxury model by the exterior of it, but honest to the Universe, Lobelia had no clue what she drove. She just knew it was a car.

With another beep the car unlocked the doors allowing for her to open the backseat door to place her bags there, "You're welcome to get in! I just need to make sure none of this stuff will spill out of the bag," she said as she basically buckled her bags in place.

"I promise I'm a fine driver!" she giggled as she slid into her own seat and closed the door behind her, sliding her key into the ignition before the car let out a powerful growl as the engine started.

"I'm sure you are! Haha..." She laughed halfheartedly as she got into the passenger seat of the car and fastened the seat-belt. She seemed to know the basics of Car Safety at least so that's something going for her. She felt the smooth leather seats and smiled in comfort. "This is really comfortable..." She exclaimed as she sat tight, ready to move.

"Let's go! Woo~"

Love was someone that loved to speed. The poor girl on the passenger seat more than likely clung to her seat by her fingernails before Love's voice filled the car as she spoke, "We'll basically head to my apartment to drop this off and we can head to the academy from there!" She said nonchalantly as the cars around her honked and their drivers waived their fist at the reckless Lobelia. The drive was not long, only about 15-20 minutes, but really who kept track of time when driving?

"I'm sure you will love it here," Love said with a smile across her lips as she pulled next to a tall glass apartment complex that seemed straight out of a magazine. She managed to parallel park between two cars right at the entrance, "You can come with if you'd like, I just need to leave these bags," she said before she slid out of the car and pulled the back seat door open, ensuring no cars were driving too close as she pulled her bags out.

"I think I'm going to be sick..." Vanessa exclaimed as she was covering her mouth throughout the entirety of that trip. For her first experience inside a mobile vehicle, it wasn't a positive one with such a fast driver like Lobelia. "I think I'll come with you, I need some air from that..." She then unfastened her seat belt and got out the car, taking in a big whiff of air in delight.

"Much better..."

Back