Akashic Arcana A Chance Meeting

Love was an airhead, not once noticing Vanessa's expression of terror. However she noticed as the dark haired girl took in a deep breath of fresh air as she stepped out of the car.

"Follow!" Love's voice was just loud enough to be heard over the sounds of the city, "My apartment is on the 4th floor!"

She waltzed through the glass doors and into the white lobby, leading her guest towards an elevator on the immediate left. Calling for the elevator with a click of a button and just within a minute at most they were on their way up to the floor that she resided in. With her keys clicking into the lock, she swung open the door and allowed for Vanessa to follow closely after. The walls were a matte black with light wooden floors, the decour overall carried a rather gothic feeling to it, the little color available came from the olive green couch and chairs and the light that shone through the window.

"Sorry if it's kind of dark, Uriel lives basically like a vampire," she giggled, "I kind of got used to it. I swear we are not murderers."

Her joke came with a rather morbid implication and she hoped her guest wouldn't have taken it too seriously. With a swift move she pulled the bags and disappeared through the hall near the window, leaving Vanessa to assume that she was taking them to her room.

"Haha." Vanessa instead laughed at the joke she made about Uriel living like a vampire. It was quite dark enough to satisfy a Vampire's living conditions but there are people in the world that prefer to live in such dim lights. For reasons however, she did not know. She followed Love through the building, assuming they were heading to her room. She wondered what this girl's interests might be.

"It's really nice..." Vanessa exclaimed in jealously as she walked around slowly, looking around the room. It looked really nice and was nothing like what she had. She had a plain and simple room, with less decorations and more of the essentials. Considering she lived on her own, she didn't really need to populate her own bedroom as much.

"It really is nice, it's better than my place."

Love's cheeks took a bright red color as she looked down at her feet, "I honestly wouldn't have all this stuff if it weren't from my adoptive parents," she smiled up at Vanessa.

"Lets go, we can check out campus now!" She squealed happily not wanting the mood to get bummed by the way she spoke of her family, leading the brunette down the hall and back to the car.

"If you want we can walk, we are only a couple blocks away" she giggled realizing the fear that was clearly visible in the girl's eyes as she looked at the car.

"Y-yeah... let's walk... haha..." Vanessa exclaimed, revealing a pinch of fear on her face as she hastily suggested walking instead of taking the car. After that experience almost being sick in the car, she didn't fancy her chances on that wild ride again.

"Yeah, let's walk. I'd rather not take the car again after... that."

A small laugh left the girl's lips as she walked next to the young girl, the smells of the city filling her lungs as she walked towards the familiar path towards the school.

"You know," she began to say as she spoke a little louder than before to ensure her companion would be able to hear her above the growling of the cars driving by, "the school is much nicer than the rest of the island, after all it is the pride and joy of PACT"

"I'm sure the place will be great! If it looks so beautiful, everyone must be friendly and open, right?~ Maybe I could finally have a great life for once instead of fending for myself in a broken down flat." Vanessa exclaimed with a big hint of excitement in her voice. She was very excited for her opportunity to stay at the Academy, and learn more about her inheritance and improve her strengths. She had lived in a broken-down flat, almost to the point of being labelled as abandoned, making due with the small amount of money she had. This meant that she couldn't spend any money to spoil herself, only the essentials.

"Is everything going to be provided? Bedding, food, drinks? Entertainment?" She asked, quietly muttering the last part.

Lobelia led Vanessa down the street and listened to her attentively as she spoke about the place she currently lived at. It sounded like her new found acquaintance had a hard life and for obvious reasons wished to expand her horizons by entering the prestigious academy.

"The Academy covers most if not all living costs depending on your situation," Love said softly, "My step father paid for everything for me and my brother, but I know my ex boyfriend was accepted just by his raw demonstration of potential."

She looked down at her hands before looking at Vanessa with a smile across her lips, "Entertainment varies but I'm sure you will find plenty to keep you occupied at the academy."

"Then I heavily look forward to hopefully passing the test~" Vanessa exclaimed with a smile on her face as Lobelia guided her through the street. She couldn't stop thinking about the Academy and the incredible opportunity that was provided for her. Finally a chance to learn more about her inheritance and to hone her abilities.

"There have been times where I've had to use my basic powers to defend myself... My abilities aren't very strong, I barely survived one group of thugs." Vanessa exclaimed, scratching the side of her left arm as they walked.

Back