Status
Not open for further replies.
CHAPTER 1.5- the ICE BREAKER

"So what's all this about an Eradicator? Can't I take a piss without one of you numskulls sending the Bookworm after me?"

A grunting voice called from the stairwell, a hobbling, groaning man stumbling after it.

"Which one of you wankers is responsible for this shit? Who need their Boss the hold their fucking hand for them to do their job properly?"

The man, apparently drunk, or at least, greatly disoriented, threw a snarl and a glare across the now silent bar, his employees not daring to catch his eye.

"You're... not the Boss?" The Bartender replied his a hesitant stammer. He shut his eyes for a moment, forcing his way thoughts through the fog of confusion. "Security!" He gestured towards Will and his brother. "Security! Get this creep out of here!"

"Creep? The balls of this one!" The man exclaimed, hobbling across the dance-floor and forcing himself between Barbara, the Eradicator and 'Leona Fiasco', practically knowing the girls from their stools and spilling their drinks.

"Watch it, Asshole!" Barbra growled "Do you have a clue who you're screwing with here?"

"Think I give a shit who I'm dealing with?" The man spat, grabbing the bartender by his jaw and pinching his limps tightly shut. "You're just some limey, worthless, shitstain of a bartender who doesn't know when to shut his dirty stinking mouth! How about you tell me who the Boss is now, you fucking cretin?"

With shattering crack, be brought the man's face tumbling down towards the wooden table top.

View attachment 3720

"Who's the Boss now? You gonna start listening to the Penguin, or am I gonna have to leave you to eatin' through a straw?"

"Penguin..." Will muttered to himself. "Yeah... that's the Boss alright... I don't know why... I didn't recognize him... I don't know--"

"Sorry Bwass" The Bartender mumbled, cradling his nose. "It was a mistake. It was a stupid mistake, I'm swawwy"

"You better be, you stinking ingrate" The 'Penguin' crowed, taking a fresh Cuban cigar from his coat and bringing it to life with a cloud of foul-smelling grey smoke. "Now get back to work, whilst you still have fingers to work with... and don't so much as dream of disrespecting me like that. Not in front of the patrons. Not in front of anyone. And don't think you can just start asking the Bookworm to shove extra shit into my schedule at the drop of a bloody hat. There's a chain of command here, Bartender. And you sit just above the rats, right with the rest of this stinking city..."

View attachment 3721

"As for you, my darling" The 'Boss' smiled a sick smile at the Eraser. "I believe that in spite of... recent events, I could find you a spot in my schedule--- my last guest has the balls to turn up late to a rendezvous, I suppose I you and your... companion are free to meet me in my private booth"

"I'm not done with them yet, sweetie" Barbara interjected "You can have them when I'm done"

"Oh, parting is such sweet sorrow" He moaned. "Suck it up, witch. Make them late, and you'll find yourself in the same state as the hired help"

"How dare you--"

"Oh, I dare, woman. Now get back to your drinking or complaining or screwing or whatever it is you do here every night"

"I run the place, you ass"

"Oh, I'm sorry, your highness, but you're not on my pay roll. Whatever agreements you've got with the Bookworm mean jack to me, missy. Now, if you'd excuse us, your friends and I apparently have business to discuss..."

@GCPD @Lucky @Alex Azure @Jeremi @MelodyMeister

As the knife danced mere inches away from Kidd's eye, the Penguin's Torture Team would feel the van rock beneath them. Something heavy had struck the roof of the trunk, sending the knife sliding away from Kidd's eye and gliding across he cheek, no doubt leaving her with a large, bloody scar. The sudden motion threw the girl's hands into the back of pipe she found herself bound, snapping the zip ties that kept her retrained. After a moment of silence, muffled gunshots were heard, followed by a scream of two. It sounded like the elevator guard. Another wave of screams were heard, adding to the symphony of fear and pain. It sounded like some guards from the floor above had joined the party. Another heavy blow struck the side of the van, accompanied by slow groan. It... sounded like Zsasz. A couple of beeps filled the subsequent silence.

[BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP]

[BOOM]

The doors flew off the back of the van. Then, more silence. Nothing came. Nothing but smoke and silence. Whoever blew up the doors and took out the guards had flooded the car park with a thick white fog, with a side order of dread.

@Criminals and Kidd @York @Yun Lee @Takumi

Last edited:
"*cough cough* Aw, shit! Just when things was gettin' good!" This sudden change in scenery, with a sudden attack and a new air of unpredictability around, managed to do something so rarely accomplished: it threw Gene off. Usually, he was able to take things in stride, to change his demeanor or objective at the drop of a hat in order to suit him (as his associates had seen at the meeting with the boss earlier). But this time, he had been in the middle of a very important past time of his: torture. His hands on Kidd's face, the chance to feel her squirm and hear her shriek as Rhea carved her eye out...it had fully absorbed him in a way that nothing else in the world did. Sex, money, drugs...none of it did anything for Gene. But this...breaking someone physically or mentally, it made him feel something.

And someone had gone and taken that away from him.

Having been thrown back further into the van, Gene got up, trying to look for a good weapon to use. Things were gonna get a whole lot more bloody than just a scratched cheek for this...

@Sark @Takumi @Crow @York

"So what's all this about an Eradicator? Can't I take a piss without one of you numskulls sending the Bookworm after me?"

A grunting voice called from the stairwell, a hobbling, groaning man stumbling after it.

"Which one of you wankers is responsible for this shit? Who need their Boss the hold their fucking hand for them to do their job properly?"

The man, apparently drunk, or at least, greatly disoriented, threw a snarl and a glare across the now silent bar, his employees not daring to catch his eye.

"You're... not the Boss?" The Bartender replied his a hesitant stammer. He shut his eyes for a moment, forcing his way thoughts through the fog of confusion. "Security!" He gestured towards Will and his brother. "Security! Get this creep out of here!"

"Creep? The balls of this one!" The man exclaimed, hobbling across the dance-floor and forcing himself between Barbara, the Eradicator and 'Leona Fiasco', practically knowing the girls from their stools and spilling their drinks.

"Watch it, Asshole!" Barbra growled "Do you have a clue who you're screwing with here?"

"Think I give a shit who I'm dealing with?" The man spat, grabbing the bartender by his jaw and pinching his limps tightly shut. "You're just some limey, worthless, shitstain of a bartender who doesn't know when to shut his dirty stinking mouth! How about you tell me who the Boss is now, you fucking cretin?"

With shattering crack, be brought the man's face tumbling down towards the wooden table top.

View attachment 3720

"Who's the Boss now? You gonna start listening to the Penguin, or am I gonna have to leave you to eatin' through a straw?"

"Penguin..." Will muttered to himself. "Yeah... that's the Boss alright... I don't know why... I didn't recognize him... I don't know--"

"Sorry Bwass" The Bartender mumbled, cradling his nose. "It was a mistake. It was a stupid mistake, I'm swawwy"

"You better be, you stinking ingrate" The 'Penguin' crowed, taking a fresh Cuban cigar from his coat and bringing it to life with a cloud of foul-smelling grey smoke. "Now get back to work, whilst you still have fingers to work with... and don't so much as dream of disrespecting me like that. Not in front of the patrons. Not in front of anyone. And don't think you can just start asking the Bookworm to shove extra shit into my schedule at the drop of a bloody hat. There's a chain of command here, Bartender. And you sit just above the rats, right with the rest of this stinking city..."

View attachment 3721

"As for you, my darling" The 'Boss' smiled a sick smile at the Eraser. "I believe that in spite of... recent events, I could find you a spot in my schedule--- my last guest has the balls to turn up late to a rendezvous, I suppose I you and your... companion are free to meet me in my private booth"

"I'm not done with them yet, sweetie" Barbara interjected "You can have them when I'm done"

"Oh, parting is such sweet sorrow" He moaned. "Suck it up, witch. Make them late, and you'll find yourself in the same state as the hired help"

"How dare you--"

"Oh, I dare, woman. Now get back to your drinking or complaining or screwing or whatever it is you do here every night"

"Oh, I'm sorry, your highness, but you're not on my pay roll. Whatever agreements you've got with the Bookworm mean jack to me, missy. Now, if you'd excuse us, your friends and I apparently have business to discuss..."

As the knife danced mere inches away from Kidd's eye, the Penguin's Torture Team would feel the van rock beneath them. Something heavy had struck the roof of the trunk, sending the knife sliding away from Kidd's eye and gliding across he cheek, no doubt leaving her with a large, bloody scar. The sudden motion threw the girl's hands into the back of pipe she found herself bound, snapping the zip ties that kept her retrained. After a moment of silence, muffled gunshots were heard, followed by a scream of two. It sounded like the elevator guard. Another wave of screams were heard, adding to the symphony of fear and pain. It sounded like some guards from the floor above had joined the party. Another heavy blow struck the side of the van, accompanied by slow groan. It... sounded like Zsasz. A couple of beeps filled the subsequent silence.

[BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP]

[BOOM]

The doors flew off the back of the van. Then, more silence. Nothing came. Nothing but smoke and silence. Whoever blew up the doors and took out the guards had flooded the car park with a thick white fog, with a side order of dread.

Oh no...there's that stress and anxiety bubbling up again. She gave Harry a quick look before correcting her glasses and turning towards the Penguin. "Well, Mr Cobblepot," She replied getting up from her seat. "You will find the Eraser punctual and eager to do the work." To Barbara she gave the friendliest smile she could muster. "Sorry I have to leave like this. No rest for the wicked. Now," She turned back to the Penguin. "Please, lead the way."

@GCPD @Lucky @Alex Azure @Sark @MelodyMeister

"If you like it so much, then I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I gave you a matching look, hm?" Rhea spoke with a click of her tongue as she finished follwing Zsasz's instructions on patching herself up with the med kit.

Granted, she was sure she wouldn't be as skilled as Gene when it came to ripping out eyeballs, but if Kidd was so willomg to suggest it herself then who would she be to leave it like that? Maybe she'd get a new eye out of it? Or maybe get the girl to talk. "Eh, I'd rather hit you a couple times with a bat personally, but either works." She chuckled. She wouldn't resort to it yet, instead decided to just rough the pup up a bit before hand.

Smacking Kidd around a bit until she got bored, she grabbed the Hood by the face, speakinf more so to Zsasz. "You got a knife in here somewhere?" This was, mostly, for Penguin, but also for herself. She lost an eye after all! As Kidd said herself though, an 'eye for an eye'.

@Sark @York @Yun Lee @Crow
"Blood or no blood this'll do just fine." Rhea remarked as she took the knife. "Today has been pretty busy since we got out after all." She spoke as she grabbed Kidd by the face and held up the knife Gene offered rather close to the girl's face.

"Stay still now, yeah? You're gonna be a pirate real soon, and I don't wanna damage your eye too bad, I might just be able to use it myself." She spoke, before snorting softly in amusement. Man did Kidd irritate her so much, and the Hood ain't even said anything else that was irritating!

@Sark @Crow @Yun Lee @York

View attachment 3720

View attachment 3721

"How dare you--"

[BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP]

[BOOM]

"*cough cough* Aw, shit! Just when things was gettin' good!" This sudden change in scenery, with a sudden attack and a new air of unpredictability around, managed to do something so rarely accomplished: it threw Gene off. Usually, he was able to take things in stride, to change his demeanor or objective at the drop of a hat in order to suit him (as his associates had seen at the meeting with the boss earlier). But this time, he had been in the middle of a very important past time of his: torture. His hands on Kidd's face, the chance to feel her squirm and hear her shriek as Rhea carved her eye out...it had fully absorbed him in a way that nothing else in the world did. Sex, money, drugs...none of it did anything for Gene. But this...breaking someone physically or mentally, it made him feel something.

Having been thrown back further into the van, Gene got up, trying to look for a good weapon to use. Things were gonna get a whole lot more bloody than just a scratched cheek for this...

Kidd Wilder
@Criminals and Kidd @Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi

Kidd didn't flinch, waiting... Watching, preparing for the opportunity to bust free, and reveal the fact that she had picked the lock of her handcuffs open, and had been prepared to force her way through the zipties around her wrists.

But it was close, really close.

Had it not been for that bomb, she might have at least come out with a damaged eye. Instead, she had a cut down the side of her face, and while it hurt like hell, it wasn't anything too permanent. Might leave a decent scar though, which she didn't mind.

Without another word, she quickly took the oppportunity to try and sneak out of the van itself, intent on making a clean getaway. Though, she prepared to face whoever, or whatever might be waiting for her in the smoke beyond.

Whoever had helped her out, she had a feeling she didn't want to meet them either.​

Liam Anderson (Gavin O'Connors)

Liam would be silent, allowing the other people to take the lead. So this was who they were dealing with- he had rumors of this man, but there was something strange about him-almost as if something was off, but he couldn't quite place it. Maybe he would remember it later. " I'm still for getting you that drink. Now more so than ever," he said.

@Sark

Traci Aquabelle ( Aurora Diaz)

Aurora would look over at the other women and would look at her and softly whisper " Is the man you were talking about?" She asked her.

@Sark

Kidd Wilder
@Criminals and Kidd @Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi

Kidd didn't flinch, waiting... Watching, preparing for the opportunity to bust free, and reveal the fact that she had picked the lock of her handcuffs open, and had been prepared to force her way through the zipties around her wrists.

But it was close, really close.

Had it not been for that bomb, she might have at least come out with a damaged eye. Instead, she had a cut down the side of her face, and while it hurt like hell, it wasn't anything too permanent. Might leave a decent scar though, which she didn't mind.

Without another word, she quickly took the oppportunity to try and sneak out of the van itself, intent on making a clean getaway. Though, she prepared to face whoever, or whatever might be waiting for her in the smoke beyond.

Whoever had helped her out, she had a feeling she didn't want to meet them either.
As Kid hurried through the smoke, she would find herself tumbling to the ground mere feet from the van. Even through the haze, she could make out what looked like a wire cord had wrapped itself around her ankles. With a snap, the grappling hook's cord tightened, and she was pulled up above the cloud sea.

Dangling from her feet like a bat, Kid was stuck upside-down on the roof of the car park.

Aside from Zsasz's torture kit, Gene would find a crate of firearms sitting in the loading bay. It sat a couple of feet away from another van, and had been waiting for someone to unload it and bring it inside. Through the smoke, he couldn't quite make out what type of guns his bosses had been trying to transport, however, Penguin's goons had always been consistently shoddy. The gun crate was likely unlocked.

From the corner of his eye, he could make out... something. It was lurking, dancing through the shadows too quickly for her eyes could make out.

@Crow @York @Takumi

Aurora would look over at the other women and would look at her and softly whisper " Is the man you were talking about?" She asked her.

@Sark
"What? No this..." Ivy bit her lip. "This... isn't right... Excuse me" She muttered as she slowly shuffled backwards across the dance floor, her eyes dancing towards a curtain at the back of the room. "I gotta go.. do stuff. Call people, or something... gotta go!"

@Lucky

Ooh! What do we have here? Gene made a beeline for the crate, before pausing as he noticed some...thing out there. Kidd? Nah, if she was smart she'd have run off with her tail between her legs. No, this had to be a third party...and maybe, just maybe, it was the person who got in the way of Gene's fun. Well, if so...they better be ready to be Kidd's replacement.

"Well, well, well." Gene slowly lifted up the lid on the crate, taking the first gun he picked up. Didn't matter to him what kind it was-he could go with anything, really. "Who do we got here? Did your invitation to our little get-together get lost in the mail, friend? Well don't you worry." Gene started forward, slowly, towards the shadowy figure, a sadistic grin spreading on his features. "I'll make you my guest of honor."

@Sark @Takumi @York @Crow

Ooh! What do we have here? Gene made a beeline for the crate, before pausing as he noticed some...thing out there. Kidd? Nah, if she was smart she'd have run off with her tail between her legs. No, this had to be a third party...and maybe, just maybe, it was the person who got in the way of Gene's fun. Well, if so...they better be ready to be Kidd's replacement.

"Well, well, well." Gene slowly lifted up the lid on the crate, taking the first gun he picked up. Didn't matter to him what kind it was-he could go with anything, really. "Who do we got here? Did your invitation to our little get-together get lost in the mail, friend? Well don't you worry." Gene started forward, slowly, towards the shadowy figure, a sadistic grin spreading on his features. "I'll make you my guest of honor."

@Sark @Takumi @York @Crow
"I wasn't looking for an invitation..." A voice called from across the car park. It was rough and gravelly, having been worn down by night after night of snarling and growling. He was a predator, a hunter stalking his prey. "Last chance to come quietly."

The hood of the gun crate began to rattle and cry. With an earsplitting shriek, a sonic emitter sparked to life, and a high pitched whistle burned its way into gene's skull.

"You won't like what comes next."

Even as his senses grew more numb by the minute, Gene could just make out the silhouette of a crouched beast brooding on the roof of the van. Slowly the phantom rose to its full height, its formless body seeming to dance amidst the mist.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Crow

Gene covered his ears with his hands, gun falling to the ground as he fell to his knees. ShitshitshitshitshitshitSHIT. The fuck was this?! The fuck? The FUCK?!?! He couldn't think clearly. This noise. This noise! It had to stop it had to stop it had to stop stop stop stop stop

His mind had been completely overtaken by the desperate need to shut off that fucking noise, and Gene made an attempt to do so, frantically, before this motherfucker had the chance to do anything else. Gene tried to lunge into the crate, knock it down, shut it UP. Something, anything!

Gene covered his ears with his hands, gun falling to the ground as he fell to his knees. ShitshitshitshitshitshitSHIT. The fuck was this?! The fuck? The FUCK?!?! He couldn't think clearly. This noise. This noise! It had to stop it had to stop it had to stop stop stop stop stop

His mind had been completely overtaken by the desperate need to shut off that fucking noise, and Gene made an attempt to do so, frantically, before this motherfucker had the chance to do anything else. Gene tried to lunge into the crate, knock it down, shut it UP. Something, anything!

"Hear that? That's the sound of the blood veins in your ears giving up. They're exploding" The phantom called, vanishing into the fog. Its voice seemed to dance from one end of the room with each passing second. It was echoing off the walls. He was impossible to locate. "If I don't shut it off soon, its going to be the last thing you're going to hear. I only going to say it once; who was behind the attack on the Penguin!?!"

With a snap, the voice grew louder. The Phantom had gotten up close and personal. He kicked the gun away from Gene's hands and pulled him away from the gun crate. Through the fog, Gene was able to make out the figures face.
View attachment 3994
A mighty fist struck Gene's nose, sending his face reeling back onto the concrete. The screeching sonic emitter kept him conscious as the figure circled him like a vulture.

"I know you were there, Gene. I know you saw his face. Give me a name!"

@Takumi @Crow @York @Yun Lee

Of course. Of course! It was Batman. It was always Batman who stopped Gene every FUCKING time! And this time it was just flat-out humiliating. Reduced to this kind of state so quickly...but he couldn't take it. He hated this, hated it!

"Argh!!!" Gene cried out, hands over his ears. He couldn't give a shit about his nose right now he had to stop the noise it hurt it hurt it HURT

"The Hoods! The Hooooods!!!" He howled out loud, desperately trying to remember anything he could. Fuck. Fuck! "The explosion! Gordon! The docks...GCPD! Guh! B-Byzantium, martyr, Kidd, Rhea..." He was babbling now, saying anything he could to just turn that damn fucking thing OFF. Penguin be damned, Gene had betrayed better men for less. Just turn it OFF!!!!!

@Sark @Crow @Takumi @York

"Hear that? That's the sound of the blood veins in your ears giving up. They're exploding" The phantom called, vanishing into the fog. Its voice seemed to dance from one end of the room with each passing second. It was echoing off the walls. He was impossible to locate. "If I don't shut it off soon, its going to be the last thing you're going to hear. I only going to say it once; who was behind the attack on the Penguin!?!"

With a snap, the voice grew louder. The Phantom had gotten up close and personal. He kicked the gun away from Gene's hands and pulled him away from the gun crate. Through the fog, Gene was able to make out the figures face.
View attachment 3994
A mighty fist struck Gene's nose, sending his face reeling back onto the concrete. The screeching sonic emitter kept him conscious as the figure circled him like a vulture.

"I know you were there, Gene. I know you saw his face. Give me a name!"

@Takumi @Crow @York @Yun Lee

Of course. Of course! It was Batman. It was always Batman who stopped Gene every FUCKING time! And this time it was just flat-out humiliating. Reduced to this kind of state so quickly...but he couldn't take it. He hated this, hated it!

"Argh!!!" Gene cried out, hands over his ears. He couldn't give a shit about his nose right now he had to stop the noise it hurt it hurt it HURT

"The Hoods! The Hooooods!!!" He howled out loud, desperately trying to remember anything he could. Fuck. Fuck! "The explosion! Gordon! The docks...GCPD! Guh! B-Byzantium, martyr, Kidd, Rhea..." He was babbling now, saying anything he could to just turn that damn fucking thing OFF. Penguin be damned, Gene had betrayed better men for less. Just turn it OFF!!!!!

Rhea grunted where she landed in the van in a heap, coming to with a pounding headache that made her want to stay laying on the floor for a little while.

However, Gene was screaming loud enough to keep Rhea from getting what she wanted and making her headache throb worse. So, she eased herself into a kneeling position and felt for the knife he gave her, and once she found it held it in a death grip. Blinking away the bluriness in her remaining eye she moved to get out of the van as quietly as possible.

Once her feet touched the ground, she'd take a moment to try and make out anything with her one eye, head moving one way to the other to try and pick up anything in the remaining fog-like where Gene was so she could get him to shut up. Or help him if she could, whichever came first.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Crow @York

Aurora noticed how strange Ivy was acting. What did she mean that this wasn't right? She noticed where she was going, makin an effort to quietly weave her way across the dance floor and would head to the curtain and when nobody was looking would duck behind it.

@Sark

Rhea grunted where she landed in the van in a heap, coming to with a pounding headache that made her want to stay laying on the floor for a little while.

However, Gene was screaming loud enough to keep Rhea from getting what she wanted and making her headache throb worse. So, she eased herself into a kneeling position and felt for the knife he gave her, and once she found it held it in a death grip. Blinking away the bluriness in her remaining eye she moved to get out of the van as quietly as possible.

Once her feet touched the ground, she'd take a moment to try and make out anything with her one eye, head moving one way to the other to try and pick up anything in the remaining fog-like where Gene was so she could get him to shut up. Or help him if she could, whichever came first.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Crow @York
As Rhea stared through the fog, several sights would float to the surface of the great white cloud. In the far corner of the room, she saw motion, and a single glowing blue light. If her memory severed her, she would remember that the light was situated a few feet away from the old service elevator.

Behind the van, the orange light of a street lamp cut through the slit between a shutter door and the garage's concrete floor. The Garage Door had an emergency release cord hanging from its mechanics, for use in the event of a fire. Finding it amidst the sea of smoke would take time, but it might disengage the locking mechanics on the door and provide her with a way out.

If Rhea followed her ears, she could probably locate Gene. However, doing so would likely leave her to face to face with his assailant.

@Takumi

With a click, the sonic weapon ceased to scream. But Gene's moment of reprieve wouldn't last long. The ringing silence would be interrupted by the sound of his clothes crinkling under the weight of a mighty fist, and the scrape of his shoes dragging across the concrete.

Crack
Gene had been pinned to the wall by the Batman,

"Byzantium?" He pounded the Penguin's goon into the wall again. With every world, the monster spat upon Gene's face, his breath burning his cheek like a strong whiskey. "What do you know about Byzantium!? Spit it out whilst you still have teeth, damnit!"

@Yun Lee

Aurora noticed how strange Ivy was acting. What did she mean that this wasn't right? She noticed where she was going, makin an effort to quietly weave her way across the dance floor and would head to the curtain and when nobody was looking would duck behind it.

@Sark
Before Traci could reach the other side of the dance floor, her shoulder would strike one of the dancers, knocking her drink from her hand. As her glass shattered across the floor, the dancers leaped back, transforming the dance floor into a chaotic mess. One patron, clearly tipsy, began to shout at her, listing of a stream of expletives. Other just rolled their eyes, opting to vacate the dance floor altogether to avoid having their feet cut to ribbons. The music seemed to quiet down, and Aurora found large hand upon her shoulder.

"Sorry, Miss...." Will growled, an uncharacteristically stern look on his face. "And I'm going to have to ask you to leave..."

@Lucky
Oh no...there's that stress and anxiety bubbling up again. She gave Harry a quick look before correcting her glasses and turning towards the Penguin. "Well, Mr Cobblepot," She replied getting up from her seat. "You will find the Eraser punctual and eager to do the work." To Barbara she gave the friendliest smile she could muster. "Sorry I have to leave like this. No rest for the wicked. Now," She turned back to the Penguin. "Please, lead the way."

@GCPD @Lucky @Alex Azure @Sark @MelodyMeister
View attachment 4016
"Right then..." The Penguin growled, taking a seat in his private booth. He gestured for the Eraser and Harry to follow suit, before lighting his pipe and slouching into the fine leather cushions.

"Here's the long and short of it. I've got someone that needs erasing, and I need you to erase them. Cash on collection. Non of this namby-pampy 'payment in advance' shit. You don't ask questions. You don't even think about taking him alive. You say you're in, and I give you a name, a photograph and a location. You do the killing. You think you can do that?"

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister

Last edited:
"Ngh! Guh..." Gene grit his teeth as the goddamned bat got him upright, his head pounding from getting knocked into the wall. But soon, a bloody grin formed on his face, despite his situation. His senses were coming back now, finally free of the noise. And he was gonna use them to kill this fucker who made a fool outta him.

"...heh. Heh heh heh...you fucked up turnin' that shit off, Batsy!" Gene swiftly brought his knee up to knock the caped crusader in the gut, attempting to get him off. "I ain't tellin' you SHIT now, and the only thing I'm usin' my teeth for are rippin' your goddamn throat out, you son of a bitch!!!"

Traci Aquabelle

Traci looked over at the dance floor and was ashamed that she had gotten shouldered and felt even worse when she knocked a glass onto the floor and she did the only thing she could do, she would look down on the ground and stare at the floor and tried to get off the dance floor, but found herslf on the floor. Well, it was time to do her best. as she started to cry. " I'm so sorry, my friend told me she was going to the bathroom and she promised she would pay this time, I didn't think she would bail before we even ha any drinks. I was trying to catch up with her and ask what was wrong. But yes, I'm so sorry for all the destruction that I caused. I'll be getting going. I just need you to move the hand, you can even walk me to the door.'

@Sark

As Rhea stared through the fog, several sights would float to the surface of the great white cloud. In the far corner of the room, she saw motion, and a single glowing blue light. If her memory severed her, she would remember that the light was situated a few feet away from the old service elevator.

Behind the van, the orange light of a street lamp cut through the slit between a shutter door and the garage's concrete floor. The Garage Door had an emergency release cord hanging from its mechanics, for use in the event of a fire. Finding it amidst the sea of smoke would take time, but it might disengage the locking mechanics on the door and provide her with a way out.

If Rhea followed her ears, she could probably locate Gene. However, doing so would likely leave her to face to face with his assailant.

@Takumi

With a click, the sonic weapon ceased to scream. But Gene's moment of reprieve wouldn't last long. The ringing silence would be interrupted by the sound of his clothes crinkling under the weight of a mighty fist, and the scrape of his shoes dragging across the concrete.

Crack
Gene had been pinned to the wall by the Batman,

"Byzantium?" He pounded the Penguin's goon into the wall again. With every world, the monster spat upon Gene's face, his breath burning his cheek like a strong whiskey. "What do you know about Byzantium!? Spit it out whilst you still have teeth, damnit!"

@Yun Lee

Before Traci could reach the other side of the dance floor, her shoulder would strike one of the dancers, knocking her drink from her hand. As her glass shattered across the floor, the dancers leaped back, transforming the dance floor into a chaotic mess. One patron, clearly tipsy, began to shout at her, listing of a stream of expletives. Other just rolled their eyes, opting to vacate the dance floor altogether to avoid having their feet cut to ribbons. The music seemed to quiet down, and Aurora found large hand upon her shoulder.

"Sorry, Miss...." Will growled, an uncharacteristically stern look on his face. "And I'm going to have to ask you to leave..."

@Lucky

View attachment 4016
"Right then..." The Penguin growled, taking a seat in his private booth. He gestured for the Eraser and Harry to follow suit, before lighting his pipe and slouching into the fine leather cushions.

"Here's the long and short of it. I've got someone that needs erasing, and I need you to erase them. Cash on collection. Non of this namby-pampy 'payment in advance' shit. You don't ask questions. You don't even think about taking him alive. You say you're in, and I give you a name, a photograph and a location. You do the killing. You think you can do that?"

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister

Didn't sound like their was much room for bargaining...not that Clara was any good at negations...but Eraser is. "Sorry," She said in the nicest, most awkwardly British way possible. "I know I can do that, and I obviously can't say no, but," There it was. There was always a but and even in what could be considered a close mental breakdown behind her mask. Clara fought on. "This sounds very clandestine, I was just wondering if you need proof of the deed or are you going to have us tailed like I assume you will?"

@Alex Azure @MelodyMeister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back