A Dance in the Moonlight

What was she doing? Was she going to light the house on fire? Fire... fire meant warmth... like war, liquid blood... he licked his lips, feeling the fangs extend in response as his eyes fixed on her neck again. Blood meant life! For one of them, at least. He gripped the bottom of the cupboard as best he could. Don't eat people!

Amara tucked the flashlight under her arm and used one hand to hold the bundle of sage and the other to fan the smoke as she walked around "ok spirits..cleansing the house... begone with you.." she had never done this, clearly

Irie's fascination of the ulsing neck suddenly vanished as the potent smell wafted over to him. He wrinkled his nose and tried to hide deeper in the cupboards. Oh, that stuff STANK!! He kicked a couple more doors as he tried to find a corner that did not hae the smell. No, it was not supernaturally driving him away, he just really hated the smell of burning sage.

Amara squeaked a little at the noises but kept at it "be gone spirit!" Her voice wavered "you no longer belong here" she tried to sound convincing

Begone spirit? Irie would have given this stranger a disbelieving look if he'd been able to see her, so instead he gave the closed cupboard door a disbelieving look in her general direction and went still. What should he do? Wait for her to give up and leave? Jump out and terrify her? Maybe if he scared the living daylights out of the agent, she'd stop trying to sell his house. Then again, he hadn't shown himself to anyone since this... whatever this was happened to him.

He stayed where he was, conflicted. Maybe if she wouldn't leave he'd try to scare her. He wasn't certain he was desperate enough to let her see him yet.

Amara went through the entire house with the sage before rounding back to the entryway "ok... not heard you for awhile so...assuming you're gone.."

Irie sat in the far corner of his cupboard, squishing himself awkwardly. He was not exactly a small child anymore, but this was the best hiding place he could find at short notice. He held his breath, hand over his nose, glad he did not have to breathe anymore. That stuff stank!! The instant she was out the door, he was opening the windows.

Amara opened the door and stepped backwards out if the door, hesitated then shut the door and locked it before heading back to her car, shaking the chill off that had settled over her in that house

The instant the agent was out of the house, Irie burst from the cupboard. He couldn't take this smell a second longer! He ran up the stairs first and started opening the windows. One two sides of the house, it was fine. The moon stood on the other side, leaving this side in darkness, but on the other side, his hands blistered as he let the moonlight touch his skin. Still, he charged forward, flinging open eery window, sobbing as the moonlight burned his hands.

Downstairs, he did the same... but when he reached the windows with moonlight, he could not force himself forward. He crouched sobbing just outside the reach of the light, holding his blistered hands before him.

Amara heard the windows opening and turned to watch, eyes wide. There was someone in there! She moved back towards the house then paused, hearing him cry. She frowned a little before opening the door again "ok I saw you! Come out!" She couldn't pinpoint exactly where he was yet

Irie whipped around and tried to stand, but he'd pushed himself too far in his frantic attempts. His knees gave out, and he collapsed to the floor. His shoulder only just missed going into the moonlight. He sat shaking, tears dripping down his face as he stared wildly at the bedroom door. Why?! Why did she come back?!

Her eyes widened "oh my god..." she came quickly to his side, going to her knees "you're hurt...let me see I can help" she reached out towards him

"No!" he squealed, trying to jerk away from her. His arm brushed through the moonlight, and he squealed in pain. He instinctively jerked forward and toward the woman. He tried to stop himself, but he all but crumbled against her. She was warm... so warm... and her blood smelled so sweet!

Amara didn't shy away from him "hey it's alright" she said in a more soothing tone, putting an arm around him. Perplexed though by how his skin burned in the light.

Her blood. He could smell it! It smelled so much sweeter and stronger than rat blood. He turned his face toward her arm and started scrabling at it. The sleeve was in the way! His hands burned with pain as the damaged skin contacted the rough fabrick. He had to get to her skin!

Amara was confused still but he was hurt and clearly a bit scared, far as she could tell anyway. "I've got a first aid kit in my car...I'll go get it and we can treat those burns hm?"

"No!" he hissed. He finally got ahold of her arm in both thin hands and tried to bite right through her shirt. BLOOD! Even with his fangs fully extended, he barely pierced skin, and then it was barely a dribble that the clothing instantly began absorbing. Eagerly, he tried to suck or lick the bloodied sleeve, his hands like iron bars despite the injuries.

Amara was startled and quickly tried to pull away "hey let go!" How was he this strong! She kept trying to pull her arm free, pushing against him with her other hand

"So hungry!" Irie growled deliriously as he pressed forward. If he had not been so weak, this woman, this agent, would not have had a chance, but as it was, it was not difficult to push him away. Still, he stubbornly clung to her arm, squirming desperately as he tried to reach this source of life!

Amara was panicking no, kicking at him as she tried to get her arm free "let me go!" She screamed at him again

Back