A Dragonet's Wish 2

Glitchy Dragon

NightCrawler
Thyru shuddered heavily as winds whipped and whirled at him. The sky above, gray and somber brightened as distant lightning was made followed by the load roaring of thunder. "Egh, Grekan? I think we ought to try finding a place to shelter in. We'll be f*cked if it gets here and we're still out in the open." The dragon flinches at the bright lightning as it draws closer. Quickly, he trots over to his partner's side in fear of being struck.

"Grow up." Grekan declared, elbowing Thyru hard. "Lightning won't hit us. It's better to move in a storm anyway, fewer eyes to watch us and low visibility. The town with connections is not far now, just keep going."

The dragon groaned rolling his eyes before going on ahead of the adult. "You know, i've been really pulling my weight Grekan. I've gotten stronger, faster, more handsome of course" he chirps whilst strutting. "I think i'm becoming your superior." Another lightning flashes and the dragon flinches again. "F*ck..." he mutters to himself, trying to calm his heartrate.

"Yea. Try not to piss yourself there, superior." Grekan smirked at Thyru and raised an eyebrow. "Though that seems like something a fag would enjoy."

Thyru shows a heavy blush alongside a look of embaressment and anger. "W-Whatever asshole!" he stammers before turning his head away. "Your just jealous that i'm maturing. Heh, if i'm not wrong, dragons your age should start shriveling up like dragonfruit" Thyru retorts in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Eating hatchlings keeps me young." He explained. The truthfulness was questionable. "If you're asking though, he's still as spry as ever."

He looked around the trees around him. There were few caves in the hills of this land, but ample coverage from downed trees and shrubbery.

"We'll wait here for the night, move in before dawn. It's a mixed city, mostly plant, earth and ice-sorts up here. Keep your eyes up."

"Hmm, tsk, I must look pretty tasty to you then don't I? May not be a hatchling, but damn..." he replies with a toothy grin. Thyru streches a bit before sliding down slowly to lay down and roll over. "Blech, being in the open like this feels weird. I mean, yes, there is cover, but theres so many directions danger could come in..."

"Get over it. It's a storm, at night, near a city. We'll be the only ones out. Even if someone did fly over they'd probably go right past." Grekan curled himself around the trunk of a tree, hidden by the lower branches.

"I'll wake you when it is time."

The dragon nods, going over to a nearby tree and laying down under. Thyru stared at Grekan for several minutes in deep thought before turning his head and embracing sleep. That night, the male dreamed of being with his brother, Sky, again and surrounded by all the comforts of his home.

Grekan woke Thyru with a meaty punch to his shoulder. "Get up. Sun will rise soon, we need to move."

The sky had broken, a moderate rainfall coming down in the forest around them. Rumbles still crawled across the sky as lightning struck around them.

"But I was having such a good dream..." whined the dragon. He rolls over, exposing his underside to the air. Thyru stretches before up-righting himself and hobbling over to catch up with Grekan.

"I don't want to hear about it." Grekan grumbled. He spread the wings on his back, taking a few steps before leaping into the air with a mighty flap and soaring up into the sky towards the mountainous city.

"Hmph" Thyru did the same, although in a less fluidly of an motion. Despite being a dragon, Thyru never did use his wings as much as others did. He'd always preferred to walk or run places as he saw flying unnecessary. The dragon frothed at the mind with thought following Grekan closely.

"There." Grekan spoke telepathically at Thyru. "See the light of fires? The city. They should be far enough away not to be looking for us."

Mm, I suppose your right... What's our next task then? If we're already getting off the hook this easily, we might as well go on to the next job then. Thyru dodges a brave bird nearby. Damn bird...I don't think it realizes I can swallow him whole... Strangely the bird pivots and begins to follow the two in their flight.

"They took all my coin. All my prizes. I need a new collection. The Guild, the jobs, they are just a means."

Thyru snorts. Ok then, who are we going to kill next then grudge master? He glances back, noticing the black bird following them. Strangely, its wings didn't seem to flap; It simply followed quietly. Grekan...

"Whoever gets in my way, whoever looks valuable. If that happens to be a guild job, so be it." He looked over his shoulder a bit, only noticing his apprentice. "What?"

That bird is following us...and it is not flapping its wings. I think its some kind of spy maybe... Thyru motioned towards the black bird as it continued to follow motionlessly and quietly.

Back