A History of Mobius

Alissa Ming

Wandering Storyteller
Please keep in mind that while some of this is Sega cannon, it is put together in a way that made sense to me as a person, and that some of this is my own personal lore that I made up for the purpose of a couple of different characters. That said, please enjoy this compilation.

-As written by Alana Lirkani

Prologue
I have been traveling for a long, long time. I have been seeking out the stories of this place I call home, not wishing any of it to be forgotten. Not like my people, of whom there are few left. So far as I know, it is only me and my enemy. I will not let them be forgotten, even if they are only remembered in my own book, with my own memories, as imperfect as they may be. I will not let any history or lore be forgotten. This, is the history of Mobius that I managed to compile. I hope it aids seekers of knowledge.
-Alana Lirkani

Chapter One-The Beginning
In the beginning, there was nothing but blackness and Chaos. But Chaos was lonely and wanted to be more than Chaos, so it created the world of Mobius. But the world was not enough, empty as it was, so Chaos created creatures to live in this world. The four main races were the Foxes, Echidnas, Hedgehogs, and Humans. And for a while, all was peaceful, though Chaos was still not happy. It wished to be a part of it's creation, but none were skilled enough to give it a vessel. Until a young Echidna by the name of Tolan was born. Tolan trained in the ways of a smith, becoming much sought after, due to his creations seeming to have lives of their own. But he was not satisfied with just smithing. He wanted to do more. So much more. He went on a journey to find teachers in the art of magic, and it was in this way he found that Mageken, my own people. There were three tribes of Magiken, the Lirken, light mages who tend to remembering the past, the Shalken, dark mages who look towards the future, and the Mageken, elemental mages who tend to live in the present. He found a teacher among each. Including myself. I was ten at the time. However, before his training even began, war broke out between the Shalken and the Lirken. The war took place during the entire duration of his training. And it ended in the near complete destruction of all three races, with only two known survivors. Myself, and Shadren. Tolan left the destruction behind him and using all he had learned, he forged the Chaos Swords, which vanished soon after, and the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald, for Chaos to poor itself into. Which it did. Tolan then gave the precious gems over to guardian, going by the same name, Chaos. And for a while, Peace reigned. Tolan became known as the Great Smith, a prophet of tremendous power.

Chapter Two-The Hedgehog Wars
After the Shalken/Lirken War, there began an influx of fighting between two of the major types of Hedgehogs, the Lighthogs and the Shadowhogs, with only Evalyn, Princess of Fire, to keep peace. But since she was not a true princess, she did not have any real power, and even the Truth Seers didn't help much. War would have broken out if not for the arrival of another hedgehog out of the blue. Almen declared himself a true prince, and stopped the fighting, declaring himself their new king. He was supported by Ivan Robotnik He married Evalyn and for a while, all was peaceful. However, it would not always be so. They had too children together, then one day, Evalyn traveled to the Fire Temple to pray. It was here she was brutally murdered by unknown parties. Angry at her death and blaming the Shadowhogs, the Lighthogs went to war against the Shadowhogs. Almen, grieving for his lost love, and angry, raided the hideout of some scientists working on a secret project, only to find that it was long gone. He then lead the Neutralhogs out of the war torn land, looking for a new home. They went first to the Echidnas, as they were the closest race to them. However, the Echidnas refused to help them, due to their own problems. So Almen lead his people to the Foxes, who welcomed them with open arms. It is here, they began to rebuild. However, what peace and rebuilding there was to be, could not last. Slowly, members of the Neutralhogs began to leave. First the Magehogs, then the Tinkerhogs, then the Elementhogs. Only the impatient Speedhogs stayed to help rebuild.

Chapter Three-The Knuckles/Nocturnus War
The years sinc Echidnas turned the Hedgehogs away were not kind. War broke out between the two main clans of the Echidnas, the Knuckles clan, a war-like clan, and the Nocturnus Clan, who were constantly inventing. The war went on for decades. Only the brave sacrifice of Tikal, daughter of the chief, and the intervention of the Great Smith, who cast the Nocturnus into another dimension saved any Echidnas from the consequences of the war. Not many survived, but members of the Knuckles Clan volunteered to guard the Master Emerald, which was now floating in the sky on its island, which would forevermore be known as Angel Island.

Chapter Four-Rebuilding and the Revolution
The Knuckles/Nocturnus War further tore the Hedgehogs apart. The rebuilding had barely begun when the effects of the war were felt. Some felt the Royal Family no longer had the power to rule effectively and revolted. They were quashed by a squirrel by the name of Ivor Acorn. He declared himself king, in the absence of the Royal Family, and offered to resign his claim when they were back in a place of power. The king did not take him up on his offer, realizing that he would need help to rule properly. So the reign of the Acorns began.

Chapter Five-Queen Aleena and the Robotnik Betrayal
Aleena's father died when she was very young, and very inexperienced. This would have been the perfect chance, considering that the Hedgehogs were still rebuilding so many years later, for the Acorn family to have taken their chance to take the throne. Instead, Maximilian Acorn, the king at the time, sent supplies and aid to the young queen. She grew into a powerful ruler, and married Massevar. However, one day, that happy peace ended. Julian "Ivo" Robotnik, an ambassador between the Acorn and Hedgehog kingdoms, came to the throne room and surprised the Aleena and Massevar with an army of robots. He made them run, and took the throne himself. In the panic, Aleena and Massevar were separated. Aleena had twins soon after, naming them Sonia and Manic. The next day, she found a blue baby hedgehog on her doorstep, about the same age as her children. She called him Sonic, and took him in. But soon after, she was forced to give them up, due to the Oracle of Delphius telling her it was needed to defeat Robotnik. She left Sonic with her good friend, Sir Jules and his wife, Bernadette. Sonia she left with a noble family. Manic she tried to leave with a peasant family, but he was stolen away by a thief. (For more information on their adventures, watch Sonic Underground) They ended up reuniting, and overthrowing Robotnik, who ran to the Acorn Kingdom. Sonic went chasing after him, after the Oracle unbound Sonic's speed from his amulet, so that Sonic could be discrete. There was only one last thing Sonic needed to know, about his real family, and how to find them.

Chapter Six-Sonic in the Acorn Kingdom
Having been told of his adoption and with the words "I promise" as his only guide to finding his real family, Sonic set off. It was here that he met an odd couple, Flash and Tracy. They traveled with him as he sought out the Freedom Fighters. He joined with them, at which point he met Miles "Tails" Prower, and unofficially adopted him as his little brother. He also met Amy Rose, and Knuckles at this time. (Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM) Eventually, he and the Freedom Fighters overthrew Robotnik yet again, and Sonic had to go chasing after him. Sally, who was his girlfriend at the time, forced him to chose between her and his "love of adventure." She then stormed away, officially breaking them up. Sonic went after Robotnik with Tails (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.) And he was soon followed by Amy and Knuckles.

(This is what I can clearly remember. I will add more as I have more, and once I have my note book that has all this in it, I will update with that as well. Hope it was interesting.

Last edited:
Back