Drackana Darastrix

Artist and Monster Maker
What would probably happen should Rauch meet his first Human.​

Humans often come into Ruach's world through the portals of the Rainbow Sea, but more often then not they dont survive very long seeing as Rauch's world is full of monsters and massive creatures that would easily eat something as small and helpless as Humans.

-------------------

Rauch had heard of humans before, his teacher had talked of them often coming though many of the Rainbow Sea portals during his prime as a Smoke Shifter. Humans seemed to be common here, or at least humanoid creatures. Teacher had spoke often of how Rauch himself resembled a Human, and looking at one now, Rauch now understood what they had meant.

There was a Human currently walking the beaches of the Rainbow Sea, calling out in their strange language. It seemed almost familiar to Rauch, though he wasn't sure how. Rauch tilted his head in confusion and cautiously approached the tiny figure. While Rauch was much larger and his ability to shape shift could save him from most attacks, the hidden dangers of this world had taught him to never underestimate any creature. Rauch wanted to take this creature's form, and learn everything he could, but doing so was never a pleasant experience for those he took from.

One creature who survived his theft had told him that if was like a consuming fire and reached every part of their being and burned them so completely that they almost would have preferred death. Rauch, while mostly a passive and kind creature compared to most, could not help his curious nature. So using his tail, Rauch snatched the Human off the sand and into the air. The startled thing began to shriek and attack Rauch's tail, but oddly enough Rauch found that it barely hurt at all. This creature had no powerful tail, no sharp claws, no fangs, and its body was soft and squishy.

Teacher had said these were dangerous creatures and had killed many of the dangerous monsters of his home, but as Rauch studied this tiny flailing creature, he could not figure out how. Why would his teacher fear such tiny helpless things? Rauch then figured that perhaps this one is but a baby and had yet to get its dangerous attributes. Rauch let out a large plume of smoke from his mask in irritation at the thought. He was not going to take the form of such pitiful creature, it would be a waste of his magic core and his time. Such a form would only make him prey for all the other monsters of his home.

A small sting of pain from his tail had him focus back on the Human. He let out a small laugh as he watched the thing try and bite him before sputtering and spitting. Many creatures found his skin to be displeasing to smell, telling him he often smelled of ash and fire. The tiny human then seemed to give up on struggling from his grasp and was now staring at Rauch and speaking again. Rauch still didn't understand the strange things language all that well but it sounded like a question. He had no idea what it was asking but he had a hunch it was probably asking if it was going to eat it. He has heard such pleas from other monsters that he had trapped before.

Rauch thought for a moment, wondering if he really wanted to. He didn't need to eat flesh like some other monsters here, he preferred to eat the crystals of the Rainbow Sea, but his curiosity meant that he has done so before. But Rauch wanted to get a Human form, he wanted to know why Teacher was so cautious about them, but he also didn't want the form of this one. He wanted to get the fully dangerous adult form, not this helpless baby form!

A sudden and brilliant idea had Rauch smiling beneath his hardened mask. Rauch turned his face to the Human and shook his head left to right, telling the tiny creature that he would not be eating it. The Human seemed relieved and let out a long sigh before spouting out what sounded like another question. Rauch figured it was either asking something along the lines of 'will you let me go?' or 'what do you want with me?' something many of monsters also asked Rauch after he trapped them. Rauch simply shook his head again before ignoring the Human and walking away from the beach and toward the nearby forest.

The Human began to struggle once more, but Rauch ignored it. He would take care of the Human, hide it away from his teacher and other monsters, and raise it until it turned into an adult. Then he would take its form and leave it to live its life, well, if it survived the taking process....​

Not sure how well my writing is but i would love any criticism should someone like to tell me what i might be able to improve on. I know my writing skills need quite a bit of help!

Lovely, I enjoyed every word of it!! Could easily imagine everything you wrote. Can I see a pic of Rauch?

Back