The Masquerade A Midnight Song

Marcus continued to hold the captive in his arms. "And I was hoping THIS MEATSACK WOULD BE VERY TALKATIVE ABOUT NOW." He cocks an eyebrow.

Salazar swept into a courtly bow a charming grin on his face. " Salazar Grim at your service, Highness And Lord Sheriff " Salazar put his cigarette back in his mouth and continued in a less formal manner. " I am a bit of an information broker by trade. So when I found out that the malcontents were planning an attack. I figured it would be a good time to start selling. I Approached The Lady Keeper for two reasons her name was on the list. And to go through proper to go through official channels to make deals. " Salazar leaned back on the wall. Salazar spoke again all pleasantness left his face. Showing the battle hardened pirate captain. " Now the fact that I was here at all was poor timing on my end. And all things being what they are the first one is always free." Salazar said looking at both of them in turn. He had done a fair bit of fighting this night. And in all reality, none of this was really his problem . Salazar's cutlass showed that blood still running down the blade, He looked at it thinking 'well hell if they will not take the deal that means I have a lot of explaining to do if I turncoat.'

Marcus stared at Salazar. "I MEANT THIS MEATSACK" He jabbed the enthralled human in the stomach with his G-36.

Salazar looked at Marcus with a bland look on his place. Looking down to the man and the smell of urine filled Salazar's sensitive nose. Dropping into a squat in front of him. Salazar spoke in a clear voice. "Backup if you would please. Lord Sheriff you have the man pissing himself." While the supernatural gift of persuasion was beyond him. He had a good read of most mortals.

"So Young man you have stuck your dick in a wasps nest." Salazar offered him a cigarette that he lit for him with his battered lighter. "Now I can't save you. We moved past that the moment shots were fired and you and your fellows damaged all of The Lady Keepers nice things. But if you share what you know, I swear that the people you care for will be taken care off. " Salazar said smiling his voice low and calm like he was talking to a startled horse.

" I don't know newthing," The man said in a Cockney taking a drag of his smoke and looking up at Salazar with a rising hope.

Salazar used some cockney rhyming slang " Butcher's hook that man is plum sixes and sevens. So Tell me all about your Pitch and toss. And I will make it quick and take yours to the fish tank. " As Salazar spoke he saw the man coming around. In long experience the hired help always knew more than what their boss would be comfortable with.

" Well, Micky call me saying that there was a job. And his was working with the crane rock can of fire. And that the quid was good. And that's all I know." Salazar nodded as he watched the man take the last drag off the smoke. Then tapping his speed. He reached out and grabbed the man's chin with a sudden jerk and a snapping sound the man fell to the floor. Padding down the man's pockets Salazar came out with his wallet and pulled out the man's identification. And tossed the wallet on the corpse.

Salazar stood and looked at Marcus saying in a board tone " You are looking for a Kindred from Bangcock, Most likely connected to the drug trade in some manner. Or who has a lot of money to burn either way he should be easy enough to find" Salazar spoke as he brushed off his hands then got to his feet.

Back