A New Addition [Mafia 1x1](DED)

Even though Red was confused, he did as told and sat across from Scarlet. He seemed unsure what to say, so for now he kept his eyes mostly to the floor and his lips shut.

"Well are you going to look at me or do you find the floor that interesting? " scarlet said with annoyance in her voice she hated it when she did not have someone's attention when talking to them.

He quickly looked up at her again, a little bit of fear showing in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I wasn't sure what to do, I thought if I bowed my head a little..." He cut himself off there. He probably shouldn't talk too much, he didn't know what could get him in trouble with this woman.

"grow a spine would you? i dont expect anyone to do something like that just to do what i say when i say it." Scarlet had been impressed at first but was slowly growing disappointed he would have to learn quick if he wanted to stay around. "So tell me about yourself"

"Well.. you already know I pickpocket others to support myself, but it's not just for me. I'm the oldest of six brothers, and I'm the only one available to take care of all of us. If I'm being perfectly honest, that's the main thing my life consists of, and it's why I agreed to work with you. I'm not trying to make this sound like guilt trip or anything, you don't seem like the kind of person that would work on. That's just me being honest with you and myself."

"your right something like that doesn't work on me and if you would have tried i would have shot you and dumped your body in a river.." If he was going to be honest she would to at least. "if you had to pick a brother to die to save the others which would that be?"

"Why the hell would you ask me something like that?!" was his instant response, shock written clearly on his face. He then took a deep breath and regained himself, then looked her in the eye again. "Can I choose myself? I'd rather sacrifice myself than let any of my brothers get hurt. No matter how much they may get on my nerves occasionally."

Scarlet was pleased with his response. "i ask the questions.. but i will let it slide" scarlet took a sip of her wine it looked more like blood then wine. "Ever been in a gang before? know anyone in a gang?"

"I've heard stories about gangs in the news and on the streets, but I've never had any personal experience with them before or known anyone who's been in one. Heh, that probably doesn't sound like the best qualification, does it?"

"no its perfect dont have to worry about any past loyalty's.." scarlet liked the boy so far he would need some toughening up but otherwise he should be fine. "what do you think of me? Be truthful now i promise not to kill you because of what you say."

He paused a moment, not really knowing how to answer this question. He didn't think he had been around her enough to really get an impression of her. And this is how he started off his answer. "Well... I don't know if I've had enough time around you to really get an impression of you, but from what I've seen so far... while most of the time you show a rather intimidating composure, I can kind of tell that when you care about someone, you may just go out of your way to make sure they stay safe. Of course, I could just be trying to compare you to me in a way, but I feel like I can see it in you."

Scarlet stayed silent for a moment before nodding seeming fine with what he said. "Not bad... no flattery to which is surprising.." Scarlet leaned closer until their faces were inches apart a serious expression on her face. "Im only going to say this once... betray me ever... even if it is small... and you will watch every one of those brothers you love so much die slowly and then you will join them.. understood?"

He sat up straight once her expression became serious, and resisted the urge to lean away from her. "Clear as crystal, ma'am." As much as he was trying not to show it, he was clearly startled by this threat. Extra reassurance that he would take it seriously.

Back