New User A Newblet

Flahme

Don't Overthink It
Hello Everyone.

I'm Flahme and this is also the name of my primary RP character I've set up on my new site. I live in Australia and love to write. I have written stories on and off for the past thirteen years with a leaning to anything a bit odd and/or supernatural. However, I am newer to writing roleplay and have been doing so for around eighteen months.

So far, I have only had exposure to one site and once I began looking to set up my own I have been opened to the RP community much further and find it a great place to be. When I began roleplaying, I quickly found that I love this style of expression and story creation. Character building is incredibly enjoyable, and I can see why many people have so many characters. I also get a lot out of writing with others and feeding off what they bring to the story with their characters. I am not as great at worldbuilding but that may be because my favourite genre is modern supernatural which I also refer to as urban fantasy. The idea of an underworld of supernatural right here in our mundane world excites my imagination.

I have been lucky enough to find a writing partner for Flahme and together we ventured out to start our own RP Forum called The World Within. I wanted to build a place to encourage maximum creative freedom, so it is a lot less prescriptive than most forums. This feature will work for some but not all. But most of all we have a place to continue writing our lovebirds.

Though my favourite genre is modern supernatural, I would like to dip my RP toe in a few other ponds once I am more settled. The other genres that interest me are sci-fi and dystopian. I have a few ideas for both.

I can do both short rapid-fire exchanges or longer detailed pieces. My preference is for posts around 500 words as I find it allows for some detail without getting buried in it, though I do usually work to the word count of my writing partner.

That's a bit about me. Feel free to ask any questions you have and thanks for having me here.

Welcome to the site, I just started up an epic fantasy rp, but it looks like that might not be in your wheelhouse. I hope you find many good partners here and fitting rp

Greetings and welcome!

If you haven't found it already, we do have a roleplay forum directory. Feel free to submit your website to get it added to the directory if you would like. Cross-linking is a great way to encourage building connections between roleplay forums.

As for here though, I hope you find the place to your liking and let us know if you need any help getting situated or finding anything :)

Hiya Flahme! Welcome to STC, it's nice to meet you! It's so cool you have created you're own site for this kinda thing >w<
I have a question ^-^ what kinda stories have you made? Like where they short stories or full on books? And of course, you don't have to answer this part of the question cause... its part of your secret ingredient to making your stories but what would you say makes them stand out from stories?

If you have any questions about anything please let me or one of the other members for staff know! We would love to help you out if you need it

Thanks for the welcome, all. @MysticMallow Up till now, they have mostly been short stories, but now I have longer ones in my head that I have begun writing. One of them came from a character I created and I just love him so much I want to write him as a stand-alone story.

Roleplaying has definitely taught me something about character building and I love the focus on people more than say the world or scenery. For me, they are the props and the people are the crux of the matter.

I'm not sure what it is that makes them stand out, or even how much they do. I just have this need to write, so I do. :)

Welcome to STC Flahme!
The need to write is wonderful!
So happy to have you and please feel free to ask questions!!

Back