A Quick Prompt

I would let the tears flow. No point in stopping them anymore. No point stopping anything. As my eyes cross and I take in my final glimpses of the world, the barrel of the gun would blur together with their impossibly deep eyes.

Hecka late but I'm a bored boi so..so what xp

"Of course.." I would mutter, staggering forward through the blinding pain in my chest. Though the pain was merely a pinch compared to the complete betrayal I felt at that moment as we locked eyes. My hand slipped out if my pocket where my gun had been and I chuckle darkly. As I feel to the floor, a sad thought ran through my mind for the last time. I hadn't said it because I knew it would be them. I didn't know. I said it because they did it first.

"I see. You, you were the last one that I ever thought would rip my heart out this way." I whispered softly as I choked on my tears. "I don't know why, nor do I care to. If it must be someone to finally end my suffering, it may as well be the one person who I let the closest to my heart. The one person who swore on their soul they would never hurt me. But, here you are. Go ahead. There is no pain worse that can be done to me. I'm broken. And the final shattering of me will be with you, my love."

I swallow back a sob, and raise my arms opening them wide, to show them I have no fight left in me. They took the last of my fight the moment they raised that gun to me. The loud crack of the gun shatters the silence. Pain rocks my body backwards to the cold concrete below.

"I am sorry for failing to be good enough. I love you." I whisper, using my last rattled breathes from my lungs.

Eyes frozen open to a heaven that will never welcome me. Back to a hell that would never hold me. Stuck in purgatory of pain as I was in life. Always unable to stop the pain of betrayals that haunted me in life & now echo evermore in this purgatory prison of my death. Thanks to loving you too much.

Back