Gods Among Men A.R.G.U.S. Headquarters

Saarai

Lord of Bondage and Pain
Benefactor
Located in <redacted> somewhere between <redacted> and <redacted> is the headquarters of the Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-humans, or A.R.G.U.S., a clandestine offshoot of Homeland Security.

It is in this facility that the A.R.G.U.S. leadership plans and initiates their operations to combat superhuman threats to the United States.

Amanda Waller stepped confidential through the hallways of the clandestine facility, a stack of folders beneath her arm. The stout woman, known among her peers in the intelligence community as The Wall, commanded respect and fear. She planned to use both to sell her next project.

She pushed open a pair of double doors, making her way into the briefing room on the other side. Military men, intelligence leaders, and a senator or two were seated athe a long table in the middle of the room.

"We're here, Amanda. What is this all about?" A balding man in a military uniform asked, "I'm glad you asked, General Eiling. I'm here to ask you to authorize Task Force X." Waller answered, "This again?" Another general asked.

"What you're asking for is already too much of a risk. We lose a lot of men and women already fighting the real enemy, we don't need them used by you for your black ops ploys to score some points with the POTUS." The general said, "None of our troops are going the die for politics." He added.

"With all due respect, General Lane, this is all about politics. Regardless, I'm not planning to use American troops." Waller explained, tossing folders onto the table for the others in the room to read.

General Lane looked through his folder. It contained nothing but information on known criminals and domestic terrorists, some super-powered and some normal. As normal as psychopaths could be.

"Deadshot... Tigress.. " General Lane read aloud, "Harley Quinn?! Are you out of your mind, Amanda?" He asked the woman.

"I am not, Sam. This is a brave new world we're facing. We aren't the only country with metahumans and world-class assassins. But, apparently we're the only ones willing to use them." Amanda said, "I was in Soviet Afghanistan. I saw a Soviet meta singlehandedly take a city from the rebels."

The room fell silent, "Yeah, I remember my higher ups kicking themselves because they didn't come up with it first. Some of you are in this room."

Amanda looked to an older suited man, "Senator Hume." She said to him, "This isn't the Cold War, Amanda." Senator Hume retorted.

"Iran, Russia, North Korea, they all moved resources from nuclear research to superhuman research. If you ask me this war just got hot, Senator." Waller retorted.

"I vote to authorize Task Force X." General Eiling said, raising a hand. More and more around the room went up.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Amanda." Senator Hume said, raising a hand with his colleagues.

Back