A Reluctant Family

"Good, I'm glad you like it," Mark said, sitting down. Then he got up. He'd forgotten the drinks. He got them both water and sat down again. "Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Gwen smiles, "You know I am ready for tomorrow. I can't wait to see my new friends there. I will never go against any of the school rules and regulations. Do I need to get my hair done?"

"I don't know," Mark admitted. "I don't think so. I hadn't thought of it. Why would you need to get your hair done? Is there something wrong with it?"

Gwen said, "I just want your honest opinion about it. That's all. You are a very sweet uncle. I love everything we do together. If you do need help figure out math. I am your girl for the job."

"Sorry, I'm not up to snuff on girl's hair, but I think yours looks perfectly fine," Mark said with a nod. He focused on trying to eat his noodles without making a mess.

Gwen starts to eat while minding her own manners at the table. She chews her food carefully so she didn't get choke and took a sip of her water.

"Okay," Mark said a bit awkwardly. "That's good." He hesitated, trying to think of what to talk about. "So. You have a lot of cards. What are they?"

Gwen said, "Those are my baseball, football, basketball, Pokemon, and hockey cards. I enjoy doing their stats and adding them up. When I finish adding them up I see if I can beat all of their stats combined on my video games."

"That's an interesting hobby to have," Mark said. "I don't think I've ever heard of anyone collecting more than just one or two kinds of cards before. I didn't see you bring in any video games. What kind of games do you like to play?"

Gwen said, "Well, I like to play Xbox 360 sports games such as: MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, Soccer, Racing, Wrestling, College Football, College Basketball, and Golf. It makes me be as calm as a cucumber. When I don't win, I don't throw a fit. Instead I focus on what I did wrong and focus on the next game."

"Well, I'm afraid I don't have an Xbox, but I do have an old laptop," Mark said. "I'll make certain the parental controls are set, and you can use it to find yourself something similar on PC to try to base your scores on. Does that sound fair?"

Gwen said, "That seems totally fair. As long as I can use it for Excel spreadsheets and look up certain stats. You won't find me playing any violent games. If I were to play any games, I would play games that are like puzzle based or match 3."

Gwen said, "I am only 8 years old. I am glad to be 8 uncle. I have plenty of imagination as well and I enjoy it. I even talk in my sleep."

Back