[locked] inside.

Need it be of
Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Satire, Modern,
or any other of the countless genres...

We both have stories inside.

We keep them hidden in ourselves where so few know to look for them,
and even fewer know exist at all.

Yet, here we are sneaking away like guilty children to breathe life into them,
and here I am making another introduction.

Please allow me to introduce myself...
My name is Thomas,
and I believe we are well met.

After all, we have something in common.
We both have stories
[locked] inside.

===============================================

Who am I matters not a grain of sand, and my years at this are irrelevant (though they are considerable).
What does matter is how I see what we do in places like this.
Many simply label it as "Roleplay" or writing, but that can be achieved by the simple task of opening a fresh notebook.

What we do here is not so simple in my mind.
What we do is dance.

With a single motion of our thoughts, entire worlds are fabricated, polished, and born.
With a sudden misstep Kings can turn to demons and all hope can wither.
With a gasp of losing our breath at the elegant sway of imagination, we can tangle words into a net that will forever bind remembrance.
No Dear Reader,
I know better and I suspect you do as well.

What we do together is not write... it's never so simple as that.

That is exactly the crux of the matter.
I'm here to find you and to ask that simple question that hovers on the edge of my tongue...

May I have this dance?​

-Thomas

Last edited:
Welcome to Storyteller's Circle, Thomas! I hope you'll find good partners to dance to here with us. If you have any questions or chaperoning needs, don't hesitate to ask. And for the benefit of others seeking, what kind of genres are you currently looking to dance to?

Why was Yogi-Bear made?
Because the first one the artist made was a Boo-Boo.

Sorry couldn't resist! Bearly could contain myself.

Ah, what genres do I like?
I have written stories from just about everything, but the one thing I rarely do is Fandom. To each their own, but I like the worlds for us to create to be our own. For us to be watching characters on their own paths, and to guide the story where we find it fitting.

Horror, Supernatural, Modern, Fantasy, Medieval, 1950's, and so many others. The right story with the right dance partner can stay with you for the rest of your life, believe me I've had many haunt me for decades. So, the only real answer I have here is... almost all of them.

I am a multi-heavy-para player, or I do believe the term is.
My posts rarely are shorter then a page (I'm a long winded air bag) and often exceed two.

I suppose I'm more of an internal describer.
While that wall paper over there may be ugly, if I'm playing someone angry it will be described as despised.
While that dog may be loudly howling, to a man half drunk with a broken heart it may be described as singing in the off key that he understands.

The stories I lean towards are like that. To others it might be this or that Genre, but to me its something I understand through the eyes of the characters we write.

The wallpaper might be ugly, and there might be a loud dog howling at the moon through the window. Yet, with the right partner? You can hear the world not just through dialog, but through the ability to put them into the descriptive presence of the world itself.

-Taps his chin thoughtfully- Not sure if the answer really answered anything or just made more questions.

Back