Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sleepwalker

Still Slep
A Strange Town
Premise:
Welcome to Belleville! Stay for a while!
Whether you’ve lived here your whole life or simply found the strange village through a winding trail, Belleville welcomes all! As a result, the village has grown in the last few years, and its inhabitants range wildly, whether they be normal school students or one of the strongest wizards in the world. This village is always very peaceful and calm, despite it’s many different inhabitants. Strangely, it seems those who come to the village never seem to want to head back, or is it that they can’t? The people who came to the village that way are always very strange, some even say they even just walked through a dark area to wind up here...

There’s many different places in the village, and that are of note are down below:

The High School
The high school is small but close-knit, and this is where all the younger villagers head to school to. It shouldn’t be hard to go through considering its size, but yet, there’s always a nook or cranny that feels empty. The school seems to be always busy, with something and its hallways full of something that’s happening.

The Ruins
Not much is known about this place, except that it is a while away from the main village, there is a long trail leading to it. Unsurprisingly, not many visit this place unless they have shady business or want to spend some time away from others.

The Houses
The places people live in obviously, all the houses are small but cozy, everyone has the same two storey, one basement condo. Comes with two bedrooms, and bathrooms, one kitchen, backyard and living room. Either a family lives here or someone with either a friend or a roommate. Because of the amount of space, no one is allowed to live alone, two minimum, ten maximum.

The Streets
The streets are kept clean and citizens are expected to act in a socially acceptable manner. There are many stores of every kind, the supermarket, the trinket shop, the hipster cafe...There are too many to list. But don’t think of giving up on the business trades, there are still a few spaces for those wanting to start up their own store! Also of note is the annual food festival, this festival is a day enjoyed by all, and what’s better? It’s in a week or so, so there isn’t much waiting left to do.

So you see? This village fits everyone, and everyone is accepted here, so stay a while!

Still...Some can’t help but feel something is wrong....
———————————————————————————————————————————-
Rules and notes:
1: This roleplay is very much up to the players, do you want this town’s secret to be uncovered? Or do you want to have a simple slice-of-life story? Because of differing views and the size of the town, subplots are encouraged. There will be a main plot, led by yours truly.

2: There are two types of characters you can play as, the citizens who are born and raised here, or the travelers who just so happened to have ended up here. Other then the usual no godmodding and meta gaming, I will be lenient on which characters you can and can’t play. I recommend you don’t play a character that can’t fit in the village, so try not to play as a mega gigantic robot or a kaiju.

3: I prefer players that are descriptive and can write fairly long, but players that can post a novel or a one-liner are fine too, just remember to stay active and post often.

4: Due to my timetable and timezone, I will not be online as often as I hope. If I am busy, I will elect a co-gamemaster. But otherwise, message me if you have any questions.

5:Enjoy Yourself!
———————————————————————————————————————————————-
Character sheet:

Name and Age: Self-Explanatory. Place nicknames here as well.

Appearance: Either a picture or a description will be fine, although you can do both.

Biography: How was your character’s pats like? Their interests? Their personality? Post all of that here.

Abilities/Equipment: What can your character do? Magical powers aren’t forbidden, although I recommend you don’t choose a reality-bending power.

Other Info: Anything else I should know about your character?
—————————————————————————————
@Alissa Ming As Amber Dawn and Gale Marks
@MelodyMeister As Jennifer Roe
@Kanassa As Torian Beckett
@ShadowCoyote0 As Leon Winterborn
@Draco Shadowdragon As Théo Mercier
@Maluon As Zander Brunel
@Green Door As Isaiah Foley
@bluestars As Harper Cora O'Brien
@Arthur King As Manthis Dragonslayer​

Last edited:
This looks interesting. I'm gonna have to decide if I wanna use one of the characters I already have up but don't use much, or if I wanna create a whole new character. But still looks like fun.

I'm guessing that nicknames aren't essential. Much like alias's. Just if they have a nickname/alias, it should be written down

If this dies, I am still willing to rp 1x1 with you. We could pm details if you wanted. Or even if this succeeds it can do that. We'll just have to see how it goes. Meanwhile, here's a character I don't get to use that much in role plays. :)

Name and Age:
Amber Dawn, Alias: Dawn Shadow Thief. She is 18 years old

Appearance:
View attachment 2551
Her cloak is actually all the colors of the dawning sky. She wears a belt with a dagger hidden beneath her cloak. She has a small bud in her ear that allows her to talk to and listen to her friends.

Biography: Amber Dawn grew up on the streets in the far flung future of another universe from where she finds herself. To feed herself, she turned to stealing from others. As she got older, it became more about the challenge and less about surviving. She will still steal at need, but tends to prefer a challenge. She will never steal from a friend or ally. She is extremely loyal. She has a past not even she knows about, as the bastard child of a nobleman. When not stealing, she enjoys going out and hanging with her friends.

Abilities/Equipment: Amber is a master thief. She carries multiple throwing knives, one in each boot and one hidden in a pocket in her cloak. She also carries a dagger on her belt. Her belt can be used at need to zip line across gaps. Her Cloak of the Dawn as she calls it, allows her to become invisible for up to 15 minutes, but after that needs at least 30 minutes to re-charge and it needs to be in the light. She is extremely fast and agile, but not especially strong when it comes to a fight. After all, fighting is the last thing any good thief wants to do.

Other Info: Amber, while friendly, tends to prefer to lay low. She can talk to her friends through a bud in her ear. Though once she crosses into the town, she loses contact with her main group of friends. She is very cautious as well.

Last edited:
Name and Age: Jennifer Roe, 18.

Appearance: Jennifer has dark-brown hair that’s usually tied up, her eyes are brown with a tint of red. She is of average weight, a normal build and is a bit on the tall side for her age, 174cm in fact. She likes to wear grand and rich clothing and is often seen wearing a red dress. She also carries a handbag around to store things in. Most villagers say that she has a kind look to her face, a very old ladyish kind of look with her glasses and all.

Biography: Jennifer is amnesiac, meaning she remembers nothing about her past life. All she remembers is that she woke up in a dark forest dizzily, and wandered through the forest before reaching the village, meaning she has no way to get home. So she’s resided in the village long enough she can be considered a native. Still, even after residing for so long, she still wants to find the truth to her past. She is aware something is off about the village, but she can’t put a word on it.

While the woman is polite, calm and quite kindly, there is no doubt that whatever her past was has screwed her up, because while she tries, it’s quite obvious Jennifer is pragmatic, and even stone-hearted in the worst situations. Luckily, she doesn’t try to meddle in things unless others do so as long as nothing happens, she’ll keep being her philosophical self. Annabella is very lady-like, and likes to have a cup of tea while reading a book or looking at trinkets, in fact, she seems less lady like and more so prematurely world-weary.

Abilities/Equipment: Jennifer is logical and smart, meaning she is very good at planning and is manipulative, like a chessmaster of sorts. Although she isn’t particularly strong, Jennifer is strangely adept with ranged weapons. Also, although she can’t use it due to her amnesia, Jennifer has got a magic ability of some sort, since there’s no other explanation of randomly teleporting otherwise.

Other Info: Prepare for a truckload of nightmares when she gets her memories back, her past isn’t a nice one. Also, her English has a slight accent, but it’s not known what the accent is.​

Last edited:
I’ve accepted your character, so she somehow just found her way in, right? Also, I don’t know what kind of picture to put.

You don't have to know what kind of picture to put on your character as long as your description describes what she looks like. Also, yes, that's what I did. I probably didn't make it clear enough. Oops.

I'm interested, just gotta do the character sheet.
Current Concept: Shady Janitor with Utility Arm/Coat

Name: Torian Beckett - Wallflower

Appearance: He stands at roughly 5'7 tall, with a slim build that holds some muscle on that darkened skin. But most of that is hard to make out through his baggy clothes, usually consisting of a loose tie, unbuttoned scraggily white shirt and that green cloak that hangs off his shoulders with an assortment of pockets and small holes. On duty, he sports your classic janitorial uniform for the village (Would it even be called a Janitor there?). A floppy hat always stands slanted on his short, slicked back hair because he always thought those looked cool. On his face, he always wears dark-rimmed spectacles that he has to peak over to see, mostly because with high schoolers, you can scare the hell out of them with a few magic tricks. Make them think your eyes have been replaced with fire.

Biography: Not much is known about the man who slumps in the broom closet, surrounded by mops and playing cards, liquor hot on his breath and venom still strong on his tongue. He himself had long forgotten how he had even arrived in this odd little town, but he liked to have a few guesses to share. Sometimes he speaks of a noble young stallion (Who got all the ladies. Promise!) in a tale of courage and tragedy when the young noble is trapped as a lowly janitor in exchange for saving the lives of many. On Tuesdays, he can switch it up and let some in on his secret heritage as an alien/demon freedom fighter, imprisoned by the tyrannical and most uncool overlords as a threat to big to contain; sending him crashlanding in this town on his escape. Once he even told one special student (The Student that had access to some damn good alcohol) that he was a demi-god, hiding in plain sight as he awaits a coming disaster that only he can stop.

Most people just say that he's a sad old bugger bullshitting everyone he comes across because he doesn't want to admit he failed in life and ended up as a janitor. The criminal population at least has an iota of need for him, as he made a small name for himself as an adequate delivery boy and clean up detail. A package rigged to kill? No worries, he'll have it at your enemies doorstep in no time. Crime scene needs scrubbing? Those blood-soaked alleyways will be so clean you can eat off of them!

Abilities/Equipment: Reality-Bending Powers

This man is more than your average janitor. No, he's not a grand 'part-the-heavens-and-split-the-red-sea' wizard, but he has his skills in the realm of magic. Utility, to be specific. Long ago, his arm was cursed with the ability to shift into some specific objects. Some useful, such as a grappling hook for those hard to reach items on the top shelf, and some... Well... It's awkward using your arm as a spoon, toilet brush or hook; but sometimes magic hates you. Especially when controlling what the hand turns into is iffy at best.

Thankfully, long ago through means he knows nothing of, a coat came into his possession. One that, over the years, has retained a sense of 'homeless man' air about it. This coat looks like a torn mess on the outside, but under its folds, it has a big expanse of room to store all your drug- Equpiments and trophies within. He uses this coat to store nick nacs, parts to form dangerous weapons (Put a brick in a sock and keep on swinging!) and alcohol. He's both a one-man garage sale and a one-man sub-par bar!

It also helps that both in and out of work hours, he always has his cleaning supplies at the ready.

In terms of combat prowess, he's not that bad. Hand him a stick, he'll break it open an stab forward with the sharp ends. Barroom brawl? He has no dignity to stop him from playing dirty. Ranged weapons? Well... He can aim? Street smarts go a long way in letting you think on your feet and when he actually puts thought into things he can display some intellect, it's not that he's stupid, he just doesn't apply himself a lot due to laziness.

Other Info:
While not held in the highest regards, he has garnered a reputation in the school for being the weirdo storyteller who can spin a decent tale; as long as you bring him an offering. He can perform more basic magic, but he's not an expert.

Yep, just no time powers or anything too scary, well, you could, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Go ahead, sign up! Torian looks like a very good character, although frankly he sounds creepy. This may be me nitpicking, but I wouldn’t think the town has a high crime rate, or at least the criminals don’t bother the majority. Otherwise, well, I’m not really sure what happens to the noisy terrorists and armed robbers, but they certainly aren’t bothering anyone, maybe ever again...

Also, here’s the discord link if you have one. https://discord.gg/p2St2ha

Last edited:
Name and Age: Leon Winterborn, 20, male

Appearance: About 6 feet tall, 170 lbs, well-toned muscle, medium length dark brown hair, pale green eyes, scruffy facial hair, multiple scars on his body. He is usually wearing a leather jacket.

Biography: Leon learned about his magical powers at a young age when he nearly fell into a lake, but landed on a sheet of ice instead. He was eager to learn more about cryomancy, but he lived in a village that deeply feared magic, imprisoning and even executing anyone that showed magic potential. One day when he only ten years old, he was caught practicing his magic by the lake. His own parents turned him into the authorities. For 4 years, he remained in prison, suffering injuries from the guards. However, when a change in leadership occurred, he was given the chance of freedom. In exchange, he was taught how to use his powers for war. A master cryomancer taught him many things, but Leon had a gentle nature. 5 years later, Leon finally used his powers to escape the village and he headed to the forest. As he kept running though past the trees, something felt strange. Eventually, he stumbled upon the strange village. He took it as a chance to start a new life, and he integrated himself.

He is a gentle, kind man, but he typically keeps to himself. That's not to say he hates people, but he is slow to trust others. However, he always tries to help those in need.

Abilities/Equipment: Leon's cryomancy allows him to freeze any form of liquid with ease. His training allows him to create ice without any moisture, allowing him to freeze potential threats. He can also create weapons and tools made of ice.

Other Info: Sometimes when using cyromancy, Leon's eyes glow and scars glow light blue while an icy mist radiates from his body. While he may have trained to kill, he despises violence, and only uses his harmful abilities if there are no other options.

Last edited:
Accepted.

Also, this roleplay will always be open, to prevent members disappearing off the face of the earth and for new members.

Last edited:
Name and Age: Théo Mercier, 19

Appearance: Théo is of an average slender build. He is about 5’7” tall weighing about 173 lbs. He wears an eyepatch on his left eye. He has Heterochromia. His left eye is blue while his right eye is green. He has a scar running down the side of his neck past his right shoulder and stopping at his chest. He wears camo cargo shorts or pants depending on the day. He wears band t-shirts. His shoes depend on what he is wearing. If he is wearing the cargo pants he wears combat boots. If he is wearing the cargo shorts he wears skateboarding shoes.

Biography: Théo was in a car accident when he was younger, almost killing him. He survived, though not without cost. The accident left him with a life long scar and a right arm that has very little strength in it.

He found out about his magic ability by accident when he was threatened by a bully and out of fear caused a minor earthquake. After the incident he experimented with his powers and found he could manipulate earth.

The town he lived in threw him out because of his powers. Having nowhere to go he wandered the woods and came across this village. He liked the town and the people there liked him. Something in his gut though told him something wasn't right with the village.

Théo is normally a creative, and kind person. He enjoys music and skateboarding. He enjoys the looks he gets from the way he dresses.

Abilities/Equipment: Terramancy
In a fight he can take a blow and can land a solid hit. He isn't very good at reading a fight though.

Other Info:

Back