A Strange Town (Closed)

Should I open a OOC Discord?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Goodie! A character with ice powers, and now one with earth powers, this is going to be fun! Well, accepted.

When should I start this up, guys?

Name and Age: Zander Brunel, 23, male

Appearance:
Tall, broad shouldered, rather muscular guy with longish black hair. He wears glasses and usually wears a T shirt of some sort, cargo pants,
and heavy work boots.

Biography: He has lived in town since was 14, when his family moved there. He is the oldest 5 siblings, most of whom get along ok. He has always had a fascination with machinery and engines, and can fix or build just about anything with moving parts.

He does have abilities that he learned about from early on, however he tries to hide them, although not very well. His reason for trying to hide them which stems from the way others used to treat him before his family moved.

Zander is rather shy, and quite socially awkward.

Abilities/Equipment: Very capable of fixing most anything, he usually has various tools around his machine shop. He does have various abilities involving lightning and electrical current, although he tries to hide it.

Hey look, Someone who doesn’t randomly walk through a forest and ends up in the village. I’m joking, to anyone who’s done that, but it’s nice to see a more conventional and less shady method. I’m looking at you, Jennifer..

Approved.

Last edited:
Hey look, Someone who doesn’t randomly walk through a forest and ends up in the village. I’m joking, to anyone who’s done that, but it’s nice to see a more conventional and less shady method. I’m looking at you, Jennifer..

Approved.
What, am I not shady enough?!

Be careful, be very careful with this character, that’s all I can say. This town, from what I can tell, will barely tolerate her. And one wrong transformation or a little too much strange behaviour, she will very likely disappear and remove from the roleplay. Do not make her form too overpowered, and don’t have her turn all Willy-nilly.

Onto the positives eh? May take a while for me to approve her unfortunately.

If done well, Millie will make for a very engaging sub-plot or storyline, one more thing that’s just wrong about this town. But subtlety and caution is your best friend here. This roleplay is meant to have multiple storylines and an abomination is a great starter if not very sensitive.
Also, we might need to take this conversation to private messages to avoid spoilers and for planning.
I’m sorry I have to be so harsh.
Few things though, how strong is she exactly? And I would recommend downplaying the infamy and overall influence of Millie.
—————
Random people appearing out of a dark forest, shady enough eh? Your character isn’t the only one though.

Okay! I wasn't sure how Night Vale-ish the place was. I get your points and I'm more than willing to make a new character!

I’ll hate to see such a long and detailed profile go to waste, but yeah, please do. I prefer more human characters and eldricth abominations are a bit hard to write compared to normal citizens with a secret or seven.

Although this is a nightvale-ish town, I really don’t want eldritch abominations around town. I have a very different premise and planned ending, and not to mention the town is smart enough to probably call a exterminator or just otherwise get rid of horrors like that.

Name and Age: Isaiah Foley, 22.

Appearance:
Isaiah's the local vagrant. Wearing an old bomber jacket, jeans, sneakers, fingerless gloves, and a knit cap, most would expect him to be passed out drunk on a park bench at any given time. Which he is. His lifestyle hasn't done him any favors, looking at least five years older than he actually is, marring his body with scars and general wear and tear. That said, he's quite well-built for someone so lean and his average height is offset by the fact that he's cured himself like a piece of leather. His sandy hair tends to be cut short and he needs a shave, and if he put down the bottle and slept in a decent bed his eyes wouldn't look so...primal. They're already that bizarre shade of orange, but darting around like that all the time? Eesh.

Biography: Isaiah's past is a downward spiral of alcohol, heroin, violence, and poverty. He doesn't like to talk about it and expects people not to ask. How he managed to tone it down to alcohol and the occasional cigarette isn't known to anyone but him and the animals, and he's not talking about that either. What is known is that he spends a lot of time poking around the ruins and back alleys of the town, mostly out of boredom. Other than that he keeps to himself, staying out of everyone's way and actually getting along well with the local law enforcement. It's easier to deal with vagrants when they're not stripping naked and beating people with axe handles, like that last one. Who vanished. So, Isaiah just does his own thing, keeping himself afloat with odd jobs and eating as much during the food festival as physically possible. Such is life.

Abilities/Equipment: Isaiah is normally found unconscious, having drunk himself into a coma. However, that's only what it looks like. He's got an affinity for animals, one that stretched back as far as his lowest point. He doesn't know how or why he can do what he does, but it's something he's very careful about. Basically, when he's passed out, he's going for a ride. That crow on the rooftop, the rat in the wall, the stray in the alley, that's actually Isaiah. He's got to relax and concentrate to do it, so alcohol helps. Subjugating the minds of animals is one of his skills, the others focusing on more directed methods of control. Summoning swarms of rats and insects, using a crow as an eye in the sky, giving simple orders to creatures, the like. He can communicate with them as well, but has to do it verbally. He's an urban shaman, weaving the forgotten life of the city to his needs. His magic is powerful but ritualistic, mostly revolving around intoxication of some type.

Oh, I forgot to add that! He was born and raised there, he just slipped between the cracks at an early age. Maybe some of the law enforcement and medical professionals know about him, but most just didn't pay him any mind.

Random people appearing out of a dark forest, shady enough eh? Your character isn’t the only one though.
Never said he came out of a forest, some stories he made up say he popped out of the ground with the king of the moles. And you know the moles are running a drug cartel under the Earth!

On a more serious note, a thought occurred to me. How is magic viewed in the town? Like, would all of our characters be trying to hide the odd magic tricks they can do?

It'll be interesting to see where this rp goes with all these people here. Should be fun. Glad I'm a part of it.

Never said he came out of a forest, some stories he made up say he popped out of the ground with the king of the moles. And you know the moles are running a drug cartel under the Earth!

On a more serious note, a thought occurred to me. How is magic viewed in the town? Like, would all of our characters be trying to hide the odd magic tricks they can do?

What. How what...Ah never mind. Totally not a lie, right?
Anyways, to answer you question, While the natives have no magic powers, considering how many newcomers there are, I would imagine most people are fine with it, although it’s weird to them. It’s just like seeing a minority race, while you would stare at them maybe, you won’t be too surprised. Some people are suspicious, but most are just insensitive at worst.
Roleplay is up! After the prologue, my main plot will be fairly quick so start off on your own or get involved later in mine!
https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/a-strange-town.6472/
Remember, the roleplay is always open, and invitations would be great.

Last edited:
Back