A Strange Town

“Signed in? What’s that supposed to mean?” he ponders. When he hears someone call out “goody two-shoes! Over here!” he turned in his barstool and leaned back onto the bar, looking at the men who spoke distastefully. “I may be on the side of the Angels, but do not think for one second that that makes me one of them,” he says cooly, followed by the name he gave those he didn’t trust. “Name’s Knight, for future reference. Now, who are you and what do you want with me?”

The coast was very much NOT clear. In fact, Mr Jenkins was back, and asking, well, yelling at Helen about the decoration.
“Dude, you know how much better my shop looks with those decoration?”
“It’s not my fault.”
“Whose’s then? Huh?”
Helen pointed at the fat snob that was smuggling sample chocolate into his bag, and the manager stomped over to him and complained. Helen placed a finger on her lips, as if to say to be quiet. Then, she ran off.
@Kanassa
————
“Oh, it’s always on somewhere around one thousand to one thousand and one hundred. And I’ve seen at least forty come in this month alone, so I’m not sure what happens to them, really. Maybe they cull the excess.”
She was joking on the last part, but it might be true. The woman closed her eyes, and disappeared for a moment, before appearing on the other side of the ruins, gesturing them to come closer. She was looking at a monument of sorts.
“Finally got it working...This monument has a jewel in the middle, and I’ve tried, it can’t be stolen or taken. It’s red..,just like the lights.”
@Alissa Ming
————
The men looked at him, and then bellowed and laughed loudly. Before looking at him again.
“Oh, man! Working with the angels? They’re just made up creatures. No offence, but are you high? Or are you new here? Either way, you need to check in with the community centre at the centre of town. Not being a citizen on the town census means you are free to get killed or robbed with no reprocussions.”
His friend seemed more malicious and serious.
“Well, you arrived in a bad place, if you’re new. We want you, to not interfere with our crap. Don’t be a knight, as your name suggests. We deal in the black market, by the way, you have any bucks on ya?”
@Arthur King
————
@ShadowCoyote0
@Maluon

When the manager moved away, Torian took his chance to start putting some meters between him and the door, following in Helen's general direction as he crept past, stripping himself of his coat and pushing it over his shoulder to make himself less recognizable When finding Helen, he'd have a manic grin as he walked up, getting close to her. "And lying too. Gah, it too much.I love it"

Gale and Marina blinked as Jennifer disappeared, then reappeared elsewhere. "OK," said Gale, "I was not expecting that."
Marina nodded. Amber said "So, you actually got your magic to work, huh? Good. See if you can keep it that way. We might be able to use it."

“It’s just an expression, meaning i’m one of the good guys,” he says, rolling his eyes. Truth be told, except for certain instances he preferred not to think about, he’d never met an angel, and certainly not this side of the afterlife. He tapped the table impatiently, wanting to at least get one drink in before the seemingly inevitable fight.
“May I ask which direction the community centre is?” he asks casually. “And why should I give you money if i’m not purchasing anything from you?”

“I know,I’m pretty proud of how easily I did I-”
Jennifer was pretty happy with her teleporting, until she zipped in and out of place, and frowning.
“Alrighty then, it seems I have to do some practice...Anyways, come over here, does this look familiar to you?”
Turning over to the statue with the red jewel, Jennifer pointed at some strange pictures and symbols on the side of it. Amber might have noticed some of the pictures, as looking like the appearance of those demons she saw in her dream.
@Alissa Ming
—————
Mr Jenkins never noticed, he was busy dealing with the customer ‘professionally’, and the entire store was staring at him.

Helen was coming back, and had a bag of presumably next door’s cheese supply, and that she was holding a piece of half-eaten cheddar in her hand. She grinned back as well, and stepped slightly away from him.
“Yeah...How else did you think I got away with smoking cigarettes in the no-smoking area? Besides, the customer deserved it, and I really need a chance to break out and buy next door’s cheese before everyone else’s bought it.”
She looked innocently at him, as if she didn’t just sneak out of work.
@Kanassa
—————
Sure enough, the men seemed half-drunk, maybe that’s why they took his statements so seriously. The barkeeper came back with a large jug.
“How much cha have? This beauty is grown with the help of a wizard’s magic, so it’s pricey.”
The men talked among themselves for a moment, before looking over to him.
“Centre of town, this is the left corner, where all the bad guys come to play. Well, good luck with the security, Not. We can smuggle you across the gate, if you pay. The security guard is a thick minded simpleton with no idea how to handle newcomers.”
@Arthur King

"Ah, you vixen, you" He took the opportunity to try and put his hand on her own, softly tugging her over to a more private spot while glancing over his shoulder. "So, I looked at all those files..." Then he fell to quiet, letting the implication hang in air for dramatic effect as he leaned in close. "I saw some things, Helen. Things about you. Pictures that might be more than you were expecting..."

Amber came over and looked. "Those kind of look like the demons I saw in my dream the other night. It was weird. And this is weird."

Manthis reaches into the pouch on his belt and produces a single gold coin, about 2 ounces or so. “You i’ll Pay. Keep the change,” he says to the barkeep. ‘So...they have wizards here, do they?’ He thinks to himself. ‘And they’re...public. Interesting.’ He turns to the ruffians. “You two I won’t. I can handle myself quite well, than you very much.” He picks up the mug and downs it quickly.

Helen blushed a little and sheepishly smiled. She liked being complimented. She didn’t think about the implications of the pause too much, but was secretly unsettled. Also unsettled by Torian moving closer to her.
“Trust me, It’s not like the girl is that obsessive right?....So, what did you find?"
She was getting somewhat worried, since the fact that she got pulled into a private corner in the back means that something wasn't right.
@Kanassa
______
Jennifer turned around and stared for a moment.
"....That's very concerning. So, what's a dream? Is it like a vision you see when you sleep? Because if you see demons...That can't be good."
No knowledge of dreams? That's either Jennifer's fault, or the town's one.
@Alissa Ming
______
If Manthis looked at his properly, he might have noticed something...If it looked like the currency back where he was, it certainly wasn't the case now. The barkeeper took it with no suspicion.
"Yeah, looks like more has been comin in recently. Little ankle-biter mages, like teenagers with magic powers. The one that enchanted this one though was experienced.
The people looked at Manthis when he downed the mug, which was really strong. The flavour was strong and brewed well, and whispers were heard throughout the pub
@Arthur King

Torian let out a sigh before putting it quite, quite simply for her despite how odd it sounded for anyone. "Your house, your bathroom, your sleeping bedroom and- Oh yeah, your corpse. Did you do a movie recently or let a school girl watch you while you're sleeping by any chance?"

“This is delicious. Can I have more?” he asked. He examined the coin in his hand. He was used to having Latin Septums, he’d been using them in his coin purse for the past two thousand years and most places still took gold (unofficially, of course) for payment. But this coin...he didn’t recognize. It still seemed to be made of gold, but it was...off. The shape and insignia were completely foriegn. That in and of itself was quite a feat. “So, how much does it cost them?”

Amber looked over at Jennifer. "You've never had a dream? Well, they can be about just about anything. They aren't typically visions, though. Basically, when magic's involved they can be visions, but for the vast majority of people they tend to be pretty random. That's why I didn't think too much about it."

((Alissa’s The GM. I’m just replying as Jennifer and the weird stalker girl))
“I don’t remember them, and I’ve never heard anyone else talk about theirs. I see. Such a strange dream is confusing though, espically since you said they resemble the ones here.”
She was baffled about what was a dream, it’s hard to tell someone about dreams and nightmares when they never had them.
Or did she just simply not wish to remember them?

The girl turned back to the statue, and then began to look at the monument next to it briefly afterwards.
“What were these ruins made for, I wonder?”
@Alissa Ming

Zander looked towards Leon.
"My head is getting kinda confused and foggy. Is there any sort of things around town you like to do? I need to get out for a bit."
Zander hadn't been off the property in about three or four days. He was getting a little bored.

(Sorry this is taking so long, guys, I'm still trying to figure out the world rules and stuff. Please be patient.)

Amber nodded. "I don't know, Jennifer. If our patron was here, maybe he could tell us. He's practically an expert when it comes to magic, but I have no idea how to contact him right now. Oh well, we'll just have to figure it out as we can."
@MelodyMeister

Last edited:
"I'm afraid you'll have to ask a wizard that question. And of course, you can have more, as long as you have money." The man replied to Manthis
@Arthur King

"Um..." Heather hesitated, thinking back and searching her memories. "I...don't think so...I don't remember..."
@Kanassa

“...is everyone in this town an idiot? I meant how much do I, as a customer, have to pay you, as a bartender, per tankard. Plus, you should know how much it is to buy it from the wizard.”

Torian tapped his fingers against his chin, humming as he thought. "So, yeah, either you have a twin doing some snuff movies, or... Well. Much more worrying as the girl breaking into your house after hours and watching you sleep"

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just insult me, and that there's some kind of miscommunication going on," the barkeeper said, glaring. "Because I could have sworn you just asked me what it cost the wizards to make this ale. Which is a question you would have to ask them. As for how much the ale costs...about 10 coins a large jug."
@Arthur King

"I guess it's a possibility," Helen said to Torian. "But I'm not sure. I really don't know. How do we find out?"
@Kanassa

Back