A Strange Town

"I'll take no lip, otherwise it gets cleaned away with a dishcloth" Torian stood tall and firm as he watched them get to work, enjoying the feeling of power over inferior beings... So, this was what it was like being someone OTHER than the janitor. He needed to look into more management positions, he could get used to this. "Put your back into it! Any slacking and the dust demons will be set loose upon that dead squirrel on your head" At the boy's whispers, Torian pointed gruffly to the mess. "Worried about her? She's actually working while SOMEBODY in this room is lazing about trying to start up a gossip column. Ridiculous? Do you not get outside much?" He pushed away more of the purple sludge. "Maybe she broke into a house to steal recordings because she wanted the recordings?" Chairs stacked up in the corner, tables set, but at just the wrong angel so people will be annoyed for reasons they couldn't explain. "Pffft, you want mental you should have been there on that day where that random man that mysteriously choked to death on a mop head getting shoved down his throat. Or what the Albino Moon Mothers do on their off days, when they're not stalking us..."

“Gah...I’m in a room of crazies. The deluded janitor and the bi-polar stalker...I need to get outta here.”
The boy started at him in shock and then began cleaning the tables away from the two others. Meanwhile, the girl was humming, and being quite slow at that.
“Nonsense! I do things on my own pace! And no, I wanted the woman’s recordings, because I thought I saw her before I came to this town. But it’s kinda strange, She died before me, but she came a few months after me...No matter! I’ll finish the woman’s profile at home.”
“Ignore what she’s saying, she has this stupid theory that this is the afterlife for some. Which is complete bollocks, because I run away from home and moved here.”
The boy was cautious, and cleaned up slowly while trying to leave. The girl, was humming while cleaning, and quietly pocketed something.
@Kanassa
—————————
@Alissa Ming (Cause I forgot to tag you the last post)​

"Am I hearing the excuses of a slacker? Get cleaning, Mini" Damn kids, always looking for a way to put off work. "Yes, Fluffy, meaning you wanted the recordings because you wanted the recordings. Plenty things are strange in this town, like some idiot blowing up a science lab" He threw a brick out out the hole, turning his back as a small 'ow' was heard below. "You keep people's profiles? Do you have one on me? Because my memory is really crummy, hell I can only remember flashes of all the illegal shit I got up to before this joint. Some of it involved dragons, some of it involved the sun having a giant face 24/7 that creeped everybody out. Some involved mountains of mashed potato" At the afterlife remark he simply shook his head. "Couldn't be no afterlife, because if it was, no God would let us in there and- Hey! What did you just take?"

“It’s Lily-Not wait, ah never mind, My name starts with an L, but I don’t care to think about it right now. Anyways, it’s not Fluffy. I want to collect information about it, but it’s as difficult as getting that Jennifer’s one, and you always noticed when I put cameras around school. Anyways, I suppose I would go to hell an-AH, CRAP!”
Looking around in surprise, and the girl panickingly tried to hit Torian with the mop, while keeping the thing she took in a secure pocket. She tried to run away.

Meanwhile the boy had fled, and locked the door, leaving Torian and the girl inside. He also began to record them with his phone.
“This is payback! I’m just doing what you do.”
The boy opened the window and yelled inside the room.
@Kanassa
————————
Jennifer didn’t reply to that, she had already began to walk back home.
“Ah, good, good. Let us sort it out at my home, your paperwork won’t be finished in a while.”
@Alissa Ming

"Whatever you say, Fluffy. Jennifer? Think I met her once, she went home with that Alissa lady" When a student takes off running with stolen contraband on your territory, there's only one thing you can do. You reach into your endless bag of supplies, rifle through the trash, chemicals, and lamps and chuck a vial of glue at her feet; that'll STICK it to her. Then you wonder if the person who locked the door remembered the fact that there was a hole in the room and that the janitor usually had keys to every room he needed to clean... Though they were lost somewhere in his coat.

Leon noticed the strange rope hanging out from the book. "Actually, hold that thought." He pulled out the odd necklace and became even more confused. "Well that's...unique." He looked to Zander again. "Have any ideas what this might be?"

Gasping as she was stuck in one place, the girl secretly bemoaned her tight shoes that didn’t slip out when she tried to take them off. Holding a mop like a weapon, the girl tried to be intimidating and swung the mop around dangerously.
“Stay back! I may not know about how I was before I died fully, but I remember learning how to fight.”
The boy had seemingly disappeared, whether it be because he was going to block them in or report them, it was best Torian wrap up the encounter.
@Kanassa
——————————
On the way back to the house, Jennifer was about to get her keys out, but she encountered someone annoying, the work officer.
“Ahh, goodness, didn’t I say I was taking leave for a while? Sir?”
“You know our rules, Roe, you’ve been with us for two decades, so you should know that you can’t take for then a week of leave. And who are your friends over there? I believe newcomers should stay in town, until they are trusted?”
Jennifer tried to be polite to the snobby officer, but her patience wasn’t as it used to be.
“I don’t look a day over eighteen, I can’t possibly be here for twenty years. And sorry, but there’s are my friends, and I believe they are fairly helpful, I’m offering a place to stay for a while.”
She glanced over to them, trying to get them to play along.
@Alissa Ming
——————————
@Maluon

Amber instantly jumped in, knowing her friends would go along. "Jennifer's been a really good friend, sir." She used all her much vaunted and much practiced silver tongue. It was practically a thief's main weapon outside of running away. "She's just helping us out for a while." Gale and Marina both nodded their agreement.

"Urg, why are kids so damn whiny?" Torian asked himself as he finished sweeping in the area around the girl. Really, all he had left to do was patch up the hole... And clean up the student theif. "Now, give back what you stole, I ain't losing what little money I earn because missing stuff comes out of my paycheck. Otherwise, I have a jar of honey and plenty of feathers in here somewhere" He pulled up a chair beside her, leaning back and stretching his arms. "Also, we're framing that little git for whatever goes wrong today. Agreed?"

"Hmmm, That's interesting. I can say the stone is a chunk of orange gemstone."
Zander paused to think,
"The stone looks to be either a citrine or maybe a fire opal. I have a book on gemstones my mother gave me, i could check that."
Zander went and got the book, and opened it.
"Ah, here's the page for citrine."

The officer hesitated for a moment, then gruffly waved her hand to Jennifer’s house.
“Hurry up and get inside then. You three are good to go, but you Jennifer...We have something to settle.”
Jennifer gulped and waved them away as well, since the house was close by, she whispered something quickly into Amber’s ear,
“After you’re done planning, can you check out the ruins? I left a note about it on the kitchen desk just in case I had to go to work. Ta-ta.”
“What ya say, Jenny?”
“Nothing...Fine, let’s go.”
She followed the guard away from them, while the three were free to go inside the house.
@Alissa Ming
————————
Smiling softly, although clearly trying not to show her nervousness, the girl took it out, the contraband. It...was a USB with a name on it.
“Right, let’s frame Thomas, I’ll think up of something. So this, I wanted to take it, but since I got in such a large mess trying to get it, I don’t want it anymore. I was going to use this for my report on this...uh..hot girl. She’s the daughter of a worker on that weird trinket store, not the new one. I thought I saw her somewhere but..ah, never mind, here’s what I was hiding.”
It was rather strange, she went panicky, but then came to terms with it with no resistance. Creepy either, she was like the kind to make friends, and then abandon them afterwards if they didn’t interest her anymore.
@Kanassa

Amber sighed after they left. "Sheesh, these people are harsh. Anyway, come with me, we'll find that note and then get back to exploring the town." The others nodded, and they entered the house.

Torian took the contraband and pocketed it, though he was skeptical if it was really what she stole considering how suspiciously easy she gave it away. 'Hot girl?' That sounded like a lie. "You mean Helen? How many trinket stores do we have?" He gave her a clear look of 'You spout a lot of bullshit', putting his feet up on the lab table. "Better get to explaining, Fluffy. This day's a headache already"

“She’s hot, alright..”
The girl seemed a bit quiet and stoic, until Torian had said something about Helen, and then smiled excitedly. Hard to imagine such a mood swing could occur, but it did.
“Helen! Yes, her! Of like, five stores selling trinkets, her’s is a hidden gem, that’s covered in crap. I saw that woman before, before I came here, but she died a few years ago. Also she came a few months afterwards so..Yeah. Also that a girl I saw before said she moved here, not died. You know that woman?”
The girl seemed to be confused upon the “bullshit” line. And then spoke rather roughly.
“What I am saying isn’t bullshit! Maybe, it is for you, but not me. I’m not the best person to explain things..by the way, can you get the glue out? These shoes costed a lot!”
@Kanassa
—————
Inside the house, was as Jennifer said, a piece of paper. Unfortunately, it was blank. Why was it blank? Maybe to protect it from prying eyes. Right next to it, was a english breakfast, probably for Gale, who Jennifer had a feeling was coming, since she overheard the conversation between him and Amber. Strangely, next to it, there was also a torchlight, with a UV light. Surely, the crew knew how to find simple invisible ink appear?
@Alissa Ming

"Invisible ink?" Amber sighed, melodramatically. "Well, let's get to it." They started on seeing the words on the paper, Amber and the others also eating as they talked. Marina pulled out one of her inventions, to help them map out the town, while Gale set up a mapping program on his computer. They could have the invention look at the forest for now, after it helped them map the main town. They also wanted to get pictures of the council members. This was going to be an interesting day.

"Yeah, she's hot, I know. I've met her" Then again, Torian didn't really have that high standards for an attractive woman. So, could he really say she was hot? He really wished he had a cigar right now. "Pffft, not covered in crap anymore" He waved his mop around with confidence, hoping that Helen hadn't fucked up the place after he rolled in and cleaned it like a janitor god. That he totally was. "I know her, yes..." Looking to her feet, he shrugged. "Yeah, sure, maybe... Might have to cut off your feet though..."

Manthis considered his options. The oldest pub looked like the sort of place the mafia might go for undercover work. But it wasn’t also likely to have, in his opinion at least, the best booze. ‘Plus if I want to know what goes on here, criminals are the most likely to know...’ he mused to himself before entering the old pub. He walked up to the bar, cloak swirling behind him, before sitting down. “Ale. Oldest and tallest you got,” he tells the barkeeper simply. He looks around. He quite liked the atmosphere of the place. Smoky. Old. A little mysterious. Just his kind of haunt back in NYC.

“How so, then? I’m gathering information from her, and a source would be very helpfu....l....Wait! Don’t cut off my feet! They’re ugly yes, but I won’t be able to walk.”
Calming down, the girl took a deep breath, and crossed her arms.
“Right. I can talk about Helen and her bad boss afterwards, It’s just about recess, so I need to get back. And you need to finish before you get fired and sent to a gulag or something, the council members do have one, you know. Wait, why did you have super glue in your pocket again?”
The girl started to undo her shoelaces, in hopes she can move away, although the shoes are definitely gone.
@Kanassa
——————
It was true, the pub had a sort of dystopian, downtrodden charm to it, the people looked shady, the bar keeping looking like those retired stars, and a old feel to it. The barkeeper put his elbow on his shoulder and said,
“Never seen a face like your before. Then again, never got many customers. Folks too busy at that elite bar, snobs, all of them! Ah, an old one, give me a second. Gotta get cha self signed in, if you don’t wanna be a outlaw.”
The barkeeper went into the back of the bar, and out of view, supposedly getting a old glass. As he sat down, there were whispers behind him.
“Man, I thought this was our bar..”
“Shh, he can hear us. Goody two shoes! Over here!”
@Arthur King
——————
(The Invention works, and the council members are usually inside a secret building which may take a while to find. Don’t have much to work with, so just go start the operation, I suppose.)
@Alissa Ming
——————
@ShadowCoyote0

Back