A Strange Town

"I'm a janitor, I know all the dirty girls and boys in this town" He said simply, jabbing her foot with the mop. "Hey, maybe you'd learn something... Plus, it would be a funny sight" Feathers fell on her shoes as he pushed her off the glue, chuckling. "Do I look like the kind of guy who doesn't know what the law has in store for criminals? I have my reasons for having glue, never know when you need to... Keep someone in one spot" He shot her an evil grin.

"Ok, looks like we have the beginning of a plan. Come on, we probably want to be out on the streets now. After all, while your invention worked excellently, we still need to get a personal feel." Amber said, pushing herself up.
"Right." Marina and Gale nodded and followed suit. They left the house, making sure the note and all the tools they'd used to solve it were put away.

The girl glared at Torian for a moment, before laughing rather light hearteningly.
“Douchebag...So anyways, I’ve died once before, I’m not dying again, because I’ll probably end up in a stranger town then this. So, go ahead with the tar and feathers! I can wash them off afterwards.”
It was hard to tell if she was faking her optimism or not, but she was trying to take her shoes off, so she won’t end up having to cut her foot off. Too bad that her pair of shoes was very hard to take off.
“What a creepy janitor...anyways, look, I have to get to break time, and you have to get to work, so why don’t you wrap this up.”
@Kanassa
————————
It was nearly noon now, and people were getting out for a break. The town was organised, although quite big. In the centre was the community centre, and the big, popular stores, like a upper class suburb of sorts. Behind them were the houses, with the nice looking houses are the front and the poorer houses further away. The corner of town Gale came from was the sleazy one, for anyone looking for alcohol and the rather small black market, and at the other corner? The mysterious ruins, school and the radio station.
Overall, the town was probably unable to be explored in full length, espically with the further houses, not that there was much beyond there.
@Alissa Ming

"You are just Miss Moodswings, ain't ya?" He rolled his eyes at her antics as he continued to clean up the glue. "Yeah, you can wash them off... I think... Well, I think some of it might tear off some skin and- You'll be fine." As he moved about, he attempted to play on his criminal side and try to pickpocket the girl, curious to see if he could find anything useful in her pockets, disguising his hands through his fast and obscuring method of clearing the room. At her constant whining, he made sure to poke her with the wet end of the mop a few more times as he finished getting her out. "Yeah, yeah, run along you little shit. Run with scissors, regret your life, make terrible decisions, whatever the kids these days do"

“Great! I think the glue thing is settled then, goodbye!”
Torian didn’t even have to pickpocket the girl, As when she ran away and promptly got detention by a teacher, she had dropped a few peculiar things on the floor. A few photos, one which was a far away shot of Helen inside her home dropped, although it seems not all of the photos were there. There was also a well-used notepad, although quite a few pages were ripped out.
@Kanassa

Leon read the page for citrine. "Okay, so it's basically orange quartz. Some cultures thought it brought about joy. I'm gonna go out limb here and say that's not why they were looking for this. Any other ideas?" He then put the necklace on while he continued to read.

With that, Torian finished boarding up the hole in the wall and proceeded to move off school campus, siting to the nearest teacher a made-up rule that wasn't in the rulebook to get his early long break. He decided to use this time to head towards Helen's workplace, flipping through pages of the notebook and making sure to only subtly glancing at the pictures, less anyone sees him carrying around stalker shots of a random woman. He wanted to see what she had to say about Fluffy's accusations and stalking, maybe take a look at that USB stick... Plus, Helen was the closest thing he had to good company recently.

The store was close luckily, lest he get arrested by the work officer, who seemed to be busy for some reason. It was fairly empty by the janitor’s standards, there were a few that had finished work, and of course, Amber’s group, but it wasn’t bustling. Helen was cleaning the dusty windows outside of her store. She had a messy hairstyle, and was looking quite tired. When Torian was going closer to her, a boy who looks like he just finished high school came out and began complaining to the woman. That must be Mister Jenkins, since he was clearly a bratty manager, and was sporting something that someone would wear to give a fashionista a heart attack, an absolutely ugly outfit.
@Kanassa
—————
After a while, Amber would have seen someone coming over to them, a face which was recognisable as Jennifer’s. Waving cheerfully over to them, she seemed to be happy to see them. However, it seemed that she had a few bruises and cuts on her, her hair was a bit untangled, and she was walking with a slight limp.
“Good news! I’m reshuffled over to my friend’s unopened coffee shop, and the only thing that is a problem is that the council’s going to supply me less food in exchange. So, how’s everything going?”
She didn’t seem to mind her ragged appearance, or her black eye for that matter.
@Alissa Ming
—————
@Maluon

That outfit almost blinded Torian on the way there, stopping in his tracks to shield his poor eyes from that color scheme. And he was usually the non-fashionable one, no wonder such gawdy and terrible art stained the wall. At first, he moved closer to hear more of the conversation, but as he continued he found his hand 'accidentally' slipping a woman's purse off her person, moving past the owner with grace and pushing the purse into his pocket so that it stuck out. Waiting a few dramatic seconds, he whipped around and cried out while tapping the woman on the shoulder "I saw it, I saw it, he pinched your purse!"

"I honestly have no clue, unless it has something to do with the inherent properties of the mineral itself."
Zander turned to the book itself.
"I wonder what, if anything, it says in here about it?"
Zander didn't exactly want to read the old book, but it had to be informative.

Amber looked her over, "Alright, first thing's first. We should probably tend your injuries. They look really really bad. As for how things are going, we've got a good layout of the area thanks to Marina."

The woman stared at Torian with confusion, and slight shock. And then anger and fear. Torian might have known her as a fairly experienced and skilled teacher, who was supposed to be working,
“Crapbaskets! I’ve have no time for this, just tell me who please? No one gets away with stealing things!”
Meanwhile, Mr Jenkins was grouchingly stomping over to him, while Helen sheepishly waved at Torian. She’ll probably get fired if she intervened though.
@Kanassa
——————
The book? It didn’t contain anything that would be relating to the subject at first sight, since it was a diary, not a well organised encyclopaedia. Since the stone was there in the first place, there must be a entry on it, but come on, the book was as thick as a bible, it would be impossible to find it easily. If Zander had skimmed through the book, he may have read several entries, all surreal. The early ones were light hearted, and nothing particularly gruesome happened, even if they diary owner was talking about chosen ones and hidden magic. But as the diary went on, the tone changed, the diary entries were hopeless, page after page of tragedy and death, with it ending on a strange entry. And a particular quote.
“I know taphat persona will never break unless something happens, if I lose myself, I hope my subconscious will guide me to this stone. And I wish her blissful ignorance and love. Which I can no longer have.”
@Maluon

Leon as he put it on, began to hear something strange, it was faint, but energy was clearly coming from the stone, and something else. If he had done nothing about it and concentrated on nothing else, he would have seen and heard things, presumably someone’s memory. The one currently occurring was the memory holder, carrying something. A dead body. And a feminine voice was most prominent among the weeping.
“I’m so sorry, There was nothing I could do.”
And then the memory ended.
@ShadowCoyote0
—————
“No, no! I’m fine. The security officer didn’t do anything too bad!”
Panicking, Jennifer had said the cause of her injuries, which wasn’t intended. She took a deep breath, and started again.
“Good, that’s great. The council members are heavily secured during the day, since they reside at a very secure place. But when they come out at night, they are armed, and they generally check the sleazy corner most often, and they often come here and arrest any late night shoppers as well. You’re Marina right? Thanks, by the way.”
She didn’t mean it when she meant thanks, she saw it was a nessercary courtesy more then anything.
@Alissa Ming

"There! That criminal mastermind over there, I saw him put it in his pocket!" He told the woman with a dramatic edge, pointing out the purse peaking out of the man's pocket. "What a world, what a world" He shook his head, sending Helen a wink as he backed off.

"Yeah, that's right." Said Marina while Amber tried to keep a stern look on her face. It wasn't entirely working.
"Of course it was the security guard. We've dealt with their kind before. But Jennifer, you won't be much use limping like that." Amber said. "Injuries can slow you, and you need to be fast when doing a job like this one. You have to be a one hundred percent. So why not let us see to those wounds of yours?"

After putting on the necklace, Leon felt a strange energy coming from it. He focused on this energy when suddenly his eyes began to glow. He remained in the same room, but what he saw was entirely different. Flashes of a dead body and the voice of a woman. It ended all too quickly. Leon held his head as it was in pain. "You...did you see that?"

"See what?"
Zander was puzzled.
"Im sorry, I was busy reading this creepy diary. What did you see?"

"An area unfamiliar to me. There was a corpse. Among weeping, there was a feminine voice saying I'm so sorry, there was nothing I can do.'" Leon shook his head and looked at Zander. "It was strange. This necklace is something else. What did you read?"

Helen winked back, and sneaked into the store for no clear reason, but it was probably nothing good. Staring at the man, The woman laughed lightheartedly.
“Can I have my purse back please, little boy?”
“You don’t look much older then me, kid. Back of-”
The woman, screaming murder, charged at the man, who promptly ran from her, and she was in hot pursuit. Anyways, as they did the human equivalent of a car chase, Torian was free to go inside, with no pesky manager.
@Kanassa
———————
Jennifer sighed, and sat down on a nearby bench, rolling her dress and sleeves up.
“I don’t know her problem, unfortunately. Could it be the stress? Anyways, it’s nothing bad, just some cuts, quite a few bruises. Proabably the worst injury is either the leg, which is a bit twisted. But you can’t fix a twisted leg, right? Or the other injury is the black eye, but my vision really isn’t that blurred.”
She was slightly embarrassed from the beating she took, but there was no choice.
“By the way, didn’t I say to meet up at the ruins?”
@Alissa Ming
———————
@Maluon

"Probably. Sorry. We weren't sure how long you'd be gone, and we still wanted to get a personal look at the town. Then you waved us down. But you're correct. We can't fix a twisted leg. That takes time to heal. Anyway, shall we go to the ruins?" Amber asked.

Torian leaned back and watched this all unfold, slowly moving past the two to follow Hellen as they got further away, his hand digging into his pockets. "Never would have guessed that dude was a thief" He'd joke as he entered the store, looking around for Helen.

Back