The Masquerade A Wolf's Regrets

Señor Bubble

I heard Bubble tea is pretty good...
(This is just to get started, super bored so I am just entertaining myself. Feel free to delete this if needed!)

"I'm off to visit Jacqueline mother, anything you need? I could stop by town if you need anything." Jonah threw on his backpack as Eliza rushed to him to send him off. Hugging him lovingly and kissing his freshly shaven cheek she pat his shoulder.

"Oh no need dear, be back soon. We need to cut up some wood. Our stock is getting low, and the sun has already set. Can you say hello to the dove for me? I love to see you out and about!" She teased him happily as she fixed her apron. Making her way back to the mess of dough which she had been working on. "See you soon Jonah, love ya!" She called back her pepper grey hair tugged back into a bun. A slight hobble in her step after 10 years with the young man she had accepted the role of a second mother willingly. Never questioning of his past only focused on making sure he'd be able to make it in the future.

Smiling warmly as his cheek was kissed he waved to Eliza, "Love you too." With that he opened the door and made his way down the gravel path of the manor. Running his fingers through his buzz-cut hair, glancing back to check how far he was from the home. Once reaching the right distance he bolted into a sprint, laughing as the sensation of the crisp night air bitting at his cheeks made his adrenaline surge. Inhuman speed was a gift to him, a gift that came with the lust for blood. Something he dare not admit as he was still a fledgling.

Making his way to a small cabin he knocked on the door, the sweet perfume that Jacqueline wore surrounded the place. Hearing nothing he frowned slightly as he opened the unlocked door. Finding an abandoned him he rushed across the wooden floorboards as panic grew in him. "Jacqueline?!" He bellowed in a panic before he paused as he saw a note on the table.

'Jonah, I am sorry but I had to attend to an important issue involving an old territory. I won't be back. My husband will need help with keeping the territory large, some disrespectful kin are causing trouble. Stay safe~ Yours Truly, Jacqueline Rose <3'

Blinking in confusion he read over the note once more... She was married. Tears welled up in his light blue hues. Hunger clawed at his stomach. She was his food giver. His first love. Balling up the note in his palm he sat down in defeat. "What do I do now?! Jacqueline! You bring me into this world then just abandon me." Grasping the wooden table he flipped it. Breathing heavily as a hungry beast tugged at its weakened chains. He was practically a child. Unable to control his own anger in this new light.

As his nails elongated and sharped he shapeshifted into the form of a wolf. His fur stood on end as he went into a frenzy. Destroying everything left within the cabin until nothing but splinted wood, cloth scraps and scattered porcelain litter the wooden floorboards.

The hungry beast released itself and had sights on how to satisfy his hunger. Bolting towards the manor with a dangerous look in his eyes as he neared he spotted the gardener putting away his things. Perfect. Without hesitation he growled and pounced on the poor unexpecting fool. His scream silenced as his throat was wripped through. Eagerly lapping up the blood with his tongue his maw matted with the blood of his first victim. The warmth of blood in his stomach causing him to lapse back into his conscious state.

Shaking his eyes widened as he shapeshifted back into his human form. Breathing heavily as his vision focused on the corpse. "No... What is happening... Frenzy? Is this what it feels like..." his voice cracked and wavered. Suddenly tensing as he heard the front door open.

"Jonah?? You there?" Eliza called in concern as she stepped outside. Looking around she gasped as she saw Jonah kneeled down lacking clothing. Her first instict kicked in and she grabbed her coat and ran to him. Covering him "What happened my child? What are you doing out..." she stopped as she saw the blood dripping from his mouth and the corpse before him.

Tears streamed from his cheeks as he attempted to push away the woman. "Run... Please run mother, I have become a monster.. I cant hurt you!" He warned as she tugged him towards her to come inside, loosing her balance she fell to her side. Grasping his wrist tightly desperation in her eyes.

"I will not leave you! What are you talking about? Come inside Jonah! Please! We'll call the police." Her voice shook with worry as she was clueless to what he had done. He would never do such a thing. Not Jonah.

Unable to keep control of the beast within he grabbed her shoulders with unforeseen force and sunk his fangs into her neck. His bright blue orbs lacking the emotion they drowned in only moments before. Draining her of blood he did not stop as her weakening heart slowed. "J-Jonah please... S-stop this.."

There was not a single living soul was left alive after his frenzy. It was only hours later after he had fallen asleep in his wolf form and a full belly that he came to his senses. Returning to his human form he was left with a black wolf's tail. However his mind was not on this new feature. But on his memories of what he had done. Shaking in shook he put on pants to cover himself before running out of the manor. Coming to a stop as the lifeless body of Eliza layed beside the corpse of his first victim.

"No.. No.. NO!" Tears flowed down his blood covered cheeks as he fell to his knees before her. Shaking arms delicately lifting her corpse. Pressing his forehead to hers. "I am so sorry mother! Please don't be gone. I am sorry! I love you..." carrying her lifeless corpse he buried her in the garden along with the 13 other victims of his frenzy. Brought to a silence his eyes reddened by the end of it. The sun was about to rise and so he grabbed the saw from the shed and made his way inside.

Going to the bathroom he sat on the edge of the tub. Tying his tail to the faucet he balled up a washcloth and put it into his both to bite down on. Positioning the saw behind him he gripped the two handles with each hand and swiftly cut. His screams heard from no one but the morning birds.

Gasping awake Jonah looked around the hotel room in a panic before silently feeling the stump of a tail on his rear. Getting up he rubbed his face and got back up. "You are a hound now, stop getting caught up in memories... Now where are you my prince.." he muttered softly as he swiftly gathered up his things and exited the hotel. Swift footsteps along the concrete continued his search.

Last edited:
Back