Elysian Vanguard Academia Celestia: Relief Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Script

Adorable Homewrecker
Benefactor
The grounds of Academia Celestia, a prestigious Midlands school of the arcane arts, were abuzz with activity. The anomalies striking the region had thus far left the campus largely untouched but for a few minor disruptions, but given the severity of the rifts striking the nearby Westeria City and the government-ordered evacuation, no risks were being taken.

Robed spellcasters carrying lists of names were overseeing children as young as eleven who were being organised into groups depending on where they were being evacuated to. The majority were bound for the Westlands, where the TNG evacuation efforts were centred, but a fair few had families and homes overseas to which they could be returned - Celestia's prestige brought it its fair share of foreign students, after all.

Part of Scarlet was proud of the efficiency with which the school's faculty were operating. Ever since the academy had come under siege during the Orsa of Terminus wars, evacuation procedures had become an art that every staff member knew like the back of their hand. The half-dozen portal circles arrayed in the courtyard were active at full capacity, with groups of children being taken through by staff members to designated teleportation circles and portals at other magical institutes across the globe with an efficiency achieved through years of regular drills.

The rest of her, however, was disheartened. Given the scale of the anomalies, she feared that they wouldn't be able to return to the campus for a long time. There was a lot of history in the towers and walls of the academy, and she was loathe to abandon them, even if it was temporary and a solution could be found to the dangerous anomalies in the region. But the safety of the students came first.

A startled shout drew her attention across the courtyard to one of the circles. It had just been activated in readiness to take a group through, but the magical energies had begun to ripple and spark violently. The staff overseeing the circle quickly shepherded the students back and away from it as the newly formed portal warped and crackled. Scarlet had only taken a few steps towards it when it detonated in a burst of arcane force. The teachers were able to throw up wards to prevent the detonation harming anyone, but there was an abrupt surge of panic.

"Alright, stay calm!" Scarlet called out as she hurried over. "Everyone's alright?" she did a quick once over of the group to confirm it, and then nodded. "Good. Hold back from this circle for the time being until we can figure out if that was a one-off. There's a lot of planar instability going on right now, things are going to be a little dicey, but the longer we're all still here, the more risk there is of something worse going wrong."

She turned to one of the staff members nearby - the one in charge of managing this circle's evacuees. "Sarah, have the groups we were sending through here split between the adjacent two portals, work out the order with their managers, but keep things moving as a priority. I'll see about getting a team on figuring out if we can get this circle up and running again."

Too much to do, too many things to worry about. Scarlet sighed, hurrying off to find some more of the conjuration department to analyse the malfunctioning circle and see if there was anything they could do for its stability. It would be a miracle if they pulled this off without any students being harmed, but gods be damned, she was going to do everything in her power to make it so.

Last edited:
As Scarlet hurried upon her way the sun seemed to send a particularly glaring glint of light to reflect upon a large decorative water fountain along Scarlet's way. The nearly blinding flash of light remained for only a moment though as a series of ripples spread across the surface of the water.

"Scarlet," Rhea spoke.

Scarlet's reflection within the water seemed to shimmer and waver as it took on the image of Rhea herself.

"How is the situation at Celestia?" she inquired immediately. They both knew it was a time for business and not pleasantries.

Scarlet paused, only momentarily surprised by the sudden appearance of Rhea's image. She nodded to the woman in greeting before giving her answer. "We're about two-thirds of the way through evacuating the students. There's been some incidents with the stability of the portals, but we're keeping on top of it for now. I've also got a steadily growing list of volunteers from the staff to remain behind and assist with the wider evacuation efforts, once we're done here. How are things going on your end?"

"We're stretched about as thin as we can be," Rhea replied grimly. "We need your resources. The TNG is losing control in Westeria City, and your academy is better equipped to try and help stabilize things than most. Reports are unsettling, including the rapid expansion of a portal above the city that no one thus far has been able to stop - or close. If you can redirect some of your volunteers there as soon as you have the students to safety, I will send word to the TNG that we will be arriving to assist as swiftly as able."

"I'd heard about the portal, but it's still growing? Light, it's been days, how much bigger is that thing going to get?" Scarlet ran a hand through her hair, furrowing her brow before nodding. "I'll see if I can spare a small team to send out there to start getting a picture of what needs to be done immediately, so when I can head to the city myself we have some information to work with. But no worries, you can count on Celestia's support. A lot of the staff here and at Everia remember the Orsa war, and what the Vanguard did. I don't think we'll be short on volunteers."

"Thank you. I will inform the TNG at once to be on the lookout for the arrival of your team," Rhea replied.

The entire exchange was kept brief and to the point. Neither could afford to dilly dally with pleasantries and the image of Rhea faded to ripples before the water went still once more and Scarlet's own reflection looked back at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back