Open Adorabell's Suggestion Corner

Adorabell

Welcome!
Come on in, find a comfy seat and snuggle down. Would you like a beverage? If so just tell this servant construct and it shall be fetched for you. Settled? Comfy? Good, then allow me to begin.

Section One: Disclaimers

First things first let me start with my personal disclaimers. I have a busy job and enjoy a lot of other hobbies like video gaming and reading etc. Role-play for me is both a hobby and creative outlet but not one that is all consuming for me. I am also in the middle of planning my wedding which takes WAY more time and effort than I ever imagined. So, what can I promise you?

I will be around for banter most often, whether this is just a friendly “how’s it going?” or “what do you think of this idea for the story?” This will probably be daily or more Monday to Friday (weekends are for my wonderful fiancée).

I struggle with the first post/setting the scene. But once that’s done, my muse tends to take the reins and run- I can get quite verbose with posts especially when describing things. Obviously I do shorter responses too for dialog heavy scenes to ensure the conversation flows, but I still try and do more than “Blah blah blah” said and I would appreciate the same in return.

I also struggle with male POV but this is something I would very much like to work on and hope that my potential partner would work with me and be patient in this space. I do play multiple characters depending on the plot, although sometimes this may take the form of a main character and an important “NPC” that may come and leave and be replaced with someone else for the story. It depends on the plots.

If a story isn’t working for you, or circumstances change, please just drop me a line to say so. There will be no hard feelings I promise. I will also do the same for you should the need arise.
Finally, I write predominantly on mobile, although I try to write in the word application then copy paste. Please be patient if there is the odd spelling or grammar mistake however. I do try my best to make sure its all above board, but sometimes my autocorrect is aggressively wrong and spell check doesn’t always pick that up.

Section Two: Ideas

Now for the fun stuff. The below will detail what is currently going on in my head for plot ideas. I rarely have anything fully fleshed – much like my writing I find its best for me to have a seed and flesh that seed out with my partner(s) and let it flow organically.

This idea takes place in a city of normal everyday people unaware of the magic thrumming through it in secret. There are a couple of hot takes for this one:
A) Magical Agency/Police
This one takes our characters on a buddy cop style escapade. We are tasked with making sure that magic goes un-noticed by the non magical community, and that magical drugs and artefacts stay off the human streets. This also goes the other way, keeping the magical safe from those who would find or expose them.

B) Worlds Collide
One of us is magic, the other not (or doesn’t know). What happens when their two world collide? This could be anything from a scientist or hunter type scenario, to foundling hidden away for a reason etc.

The idea for this is just your standard fantasy epic really. Let’s create a world and play some people starting from scratch unravelling a thread that may or may not lead them to becoming heroes that save the world.
I’m thinking it would be fun to start with encounters against bandits or goblins or something, then find out something has been riling them up so we investigate that....and so on. Kind of like a DnD or RPG plot without the dice and stuff.

And so far that’s it!

Of course, if I seem like a pretty cool person to you but the above doesn’t tickle your fancy then drop a line anyway with your own suggestions and see where that takes us.

Adieu!

Back