Adventure Role Play

"Oh, it varies a lot. You see those two youngsters?" the old man pointed to the officers within the tents. They looked like brothers with very blond hair tied in the same ponytail. These two men were currently writing in their journals, not so much engaged with the scene yet. "They're just brains. Memorised every popular war within the last 200 years, never heard them fighting anyone yet."

Then the man pointed to another guy, who was with other knights. This guy was on the shorter side, and quite skinny. "But that one's more likeable. Reports said he put down a peasant's uprising and burnt two revolting villages and a third for good measure. Reported to be too violent and must be put on leach before he burns down even more villages."

"So either glorified librarians or maniacs," Moonfall remarked.

"Not all gloom, that gentleman right there is from Aberia. Five years of experience during their civil war against Bouria. He's led 50 battles and won 46." the old knight motioned to another officer, "He wants to speak with every experienced knight before the battle if possible."

This guy was in his early 30s at best. He had a slightly tanned complexion with notably long braided hair. He was looking over a map with some other knights and officers.

"Experienced you say?" while he wasn't as experienced as he'd like to be, Sigvald was no newbie. And the same could be said for Gin. "I suppose a talk with him is a good measure. And I suppose it could be interesting. Wouldn't you agree?" he looked at the purple knight next to him.

For a moment Gin was hesitant, not from distrust or a lack of confidence, but rather lack of willingness to have a long conversation. In simple terms; he couldn't be bothered. Despite this, he agreed. "I suppose it couldn't hurt. I'm just hoping it won't drag on."

And with that, they approached the gentlemen. He was in the middle of a conversation with a handful of other officers and knights. But the more Sigvald observed, the more it sounded like just another debriefing. With focused eyes, the man glanced at the two knights approaching them and motioned the resto of them for dismissal. With proper posture and a focused gaze he looked at the two knights. The one on his right was clad in black steel and trimmed with gold, but not much. He also wore black and gray colors. The knight to his left was slightly shorter, his armor resembling the other knights but was complimented with dark and mellow shades of purple. Before he knew it, they were standing in front of him.

"Greetings sir, We've been informed that you would like to talk with every experienced knight available." Sigvald spoke first with confidence "I am Sir Sigvald Von Hobb."

Gin was second to speak "And I am Sir Gin Inigo."

The young man turned to the knights. "Thank you for agreeing to speak with me on such short notice. I am Sidi Aabid, Commander of . We're very pressed for time so let me start by saying that I am confident we can completely halt Sjerlandic's expansion with this battle here." he immediately started. "This map here shows the continent-wide conflict. Sjerland is at war with every nation in red while allied in green. They've expanded too quickly so their logistics are straining, the food they're dependent on food stolen from villages, and ammunition is running low. They're planning a major attack here, in Nestad and Silsoyrar but they cannot get any reinforcements. When they're defeated, they cannot afford to mount another attack due to internal limitations, they may not be able to properly retreat leaving us with prisoners."
Laizhou_2022-05-19-20-48_WAR_MAP.png

"Sir Aabid believes that the enemy had depended too much on their new technology ignoring to maintain a proper supply of food and resources. If we win the battles here and in the two other cities, we've won the war."

"Looks like the Sjerlandic Theoracy were overconfident then. I can only imagine the headaches their generals must be having now," Vorsen said, "But this means that the three battles are the most important for the war. We cannot lose this city else they would be able to restock on food."

"I need every experienced knight to keep a close eye on the officers, don't let them give any orders without your approval. The officers are more here to offer technical advice," Aabid added

The fact that the city they were residing in was a sure way to ensure the enemy could restock their supplies if they took over it was enough to make the two knights nervous. Not only that, but the enemy was sure to fight with everything they had, tooth and nail if they had to if it meant glorious victory.

"Let us not get ahead of ourselves, Gin and I may have experience, but that doesn't include overseeing and ordering officers." Sigvald spoke in a fair, yet concerned manner.

"These officers know their place, you just need to make sure they don't see out of line," Sir Aabid said to them, "I have confidence we're able to hold the line so long as there are no errors from our side. If there are some important factors that you know about now would be the time to mention them so we don't have surprises. Even one person could change the results of a battle."

__

In the meanwhile, Moonfall had come into contact with some other knights and some officers, so far not really getting along with them as well as she thought. The general sentiment is that the knights didn't like the officers very much. But they all joined forces when Moonfall appeared. The officers especially didn't as magic uses. The young ones were especially childish with their distaste. Far away from any commanding officers or mature people. They were tossing Moonfall's bag to each other. While the lady remained in the middle trying to catch it.

"I understand, Sir Aabid. Me and my comrade will see to it." Sigvald said proudly, giving a confident nod to Gin. "I suppose this could also be a fine opportunity for us to show our magic friend a how our hierarchy functions at this level."

"And what level would that be?" Gin raised an eyebrow.

"Well... Our level!" he exclaimed. Not wanting to admit that his own sentence lacked sense.

"Right..." he smirked "Speaking of which, where is she." Gin looked around trying to find the brown skinned woman.

It was crowded, even for a militaristic gathering like this one. They looked around but couldn't seem to find her. Even Sigvald -- who was considered to be taller that the rest of his fellow knights -- could not seem to spot her. "Blazes, we didn't lose her did we?" before Gin could answer, the two knights heard something unusual. Somewhere close by, they could hear what sounded like a giggling pack of drunken maids. "Do you hear that?" Sigvald asked with a mixture of dumbfounded curiosity and embarrassment.

"You mean..." Gin paused for a moment, seemingly searching for the right words "... you mean the giggling, right? What the fuck is that?"

"I don't know, we should investigate!" and so they did. They pushed through the groups of knights and officers -- apologizing along the way -- untill they found the source. Once they had, they were met with a sight that gave them the most profane, intense and loathsome feeling of second hand embarrassment they had ever felt in their lives. In a half circle -- like children behind a church -- four officers threw around their missing friends bag. A bag that was filled with who knows what kinds of things. Giggling like girls the whole time.

"What the fuck is this?!" Gin exclaimed, loud enough for them to hear.

Many of these officers weren't as mature as they should be, quite some were barely in their 20s, and this may have been the worse way they could have let that fact slip through. Right now, Moonfall was exhausted, absolutely tired, sweating all around. Her clothes were soaked a little bit too much, making the outfit more conform to her body shape. Her dress would normally be flowing, something quite basic and made out of a thinner fabric. But all that sweating had gotten everything stuck to her. Very embarrassing with a crowd of men watching the whole scene.

The whole scene froze solid when the knights pushed through the crowd. Silence engulfed the entire room, with only Moonfall's heavy breathing making a sound. It was a terrible moment. The guys weren't afraid of her vague threats of using magic and she didn't want to potentially harm the boys. So she has tried to get her bag without actually doing anything dangerous. And the biggest consequence was that in her process she lost the staff as well.

"Sorry, sir. We found this foreigner lurking around the city," the officer who just managed to grab the purse said, "Her magic doesn't meet officer regulations and would have to be quarantined, tribal magic is considered too volatile."

The guy seemed to be in his mid-20s, with a sleek uniform made from expensive fabrics. He was on the paler side as if he hadn't spent much time outside for most of his life.

"Oh @@$%#, half of you are failed wizards transferred to a boot camp last minute," Aisha burst out between breaths, "Failures."

He suddenly began matching right up to her, frightening Moonfall enough to hide behind Vorsen. The grudge may be more personal between the new officers and the magic-user.

"Oh my God... to the jail, three of you..." Vorsen ordered, "Disciplinary action would be given after the battle. Right now I have no time for this nonsense."

It was quite a sight. It reminded Sigvald of the theatre plays that he would watch as a child. The officers expressions were wildly exaggerated, as well as his character. Unfortunately for him it only presented him as a buffoon, a parody.

Sigvald clenched his right fist and cracked the knuckles with his thumb "i was honestly hoping for a chance to slap him..."

"Good thing you didn't."

Sigvald gave him a look of confusion. Why would he not want to see that? They both already disliked the man, this much he surely knew.

Gin chuckled "Oh don't give me that look. You would have ripped his head off!" he laughed as he walked away.

Back