Adventure Role Play

With her magic worn out, Moonfall had appeared right between the two of them, "There you two are, what are you doing?" She asked them both. But by then the enemy had noticed them. Most of them didn't have their weapons on them. And the ones who did began to quickly load their muskets. The ones with swords were running towards them.

"The place would blow up in a few seconds, we should go," she said to the two men immediately. The girl mostly just hid behind them. But their magic was wearing out as well. Everyone was becoming visible right now. At the same time, there was some smoke coming from one of the tents. The place was only a few minutes from blowing up

"Make up your mind old man!" Gin ordered, with little regard for his surroundings. He could clearly see the enemy comin behind the old bugger. Yet the distance was decently long enough to give them time to escape. He knew weather the old man died or not wouldn't change a thing, but he didn't have the heart to remark that. It was his decision, after all.

"Curse you!" the old man gritted through his teeth. It was time to act.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile at the city...

"Is that so?" Vorsen asked curiously.

"Indeed, apparently the priest could only slow it down, but not stop it entirely." Sigvald stated, his voice muffled as always. His gaze turned towards the camp, wondering weather his allies were able to hinder the enemy. And as soon as the thought of that old bugger, Gin and the shaman left his mind, a large explosion erupted from the further regions of the camp. It was so strong he could even feel the breeze pick up on it.

"That must be them! They actually did it!" Vorsen spoke out in bewilderment.

Even with the flamed and fire, some of the men managed to grab their muskets, they began firing at the three despite the explosions happening. Most of them were more distracted by trying to escape. With the chaos and danger growing it was getting even riskier and risker. Various tents were beginning to explode, sending shockwaves that pushed everyone back. And the heat was extremely intense from the fuel. Despite all that, some of them still found the time and concentration to shoot.

Moonfall had to hide behind the men, she wasn't armoured. Though the metal may not protect them either.

"Go right ahead, I'll keep then busy." The old man said. He had grabbed a random sword that was on the ground. The man was certain the other two wouldn't be able to scape with some soldiers shooting at them

Gin looked back at the old man, feeling sorry. No, something much worse stirred in the pit of his stomach. What he was doing wasn't right -- he was told and trained to never leave a man behind. He desperately tried to turn back -- but the wits of his feet wouldn't allow it, and the hail of pellets made it no easier. "Run shaman! Run!" he screamed "They will be at our heel before you know it! And if they catch us there is no telling what they will do to our souls!" at this point Gin was beginning to sound less and less of a knight, and more like something else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile at the keep...

"They have dealt significant damage to their supplies! Question is, will they make it back?" Vorsen pondered with a worried expression on his face.

SIgvald stood next to him and listened, he didn't even want to ask himself that question. Despite his stoic stance, he was feeling sick -- a cold drop of sweat trickled down his brow. He gave out no reply, as he could only think about the return of his comrade, and hopefully the survival of keep.

"If they're quick, it shouldn't be long before they arrive." the silver knight spoke silently "Pick a few men to await their return."

Without saying a word, Sigvald left the knights side.

The flames were hot, really, really hot. In one split second, a powerful explosion sent a shockwave across the area. A large blue flame erupted into the air then died down into a hot red flame. The smoke was a lot, rising to the air. The fuel in the camp was very powerful, and the flames were able to feed on them in a sudden rage of heat. But that meant everyone inside of the camp died in an instance. Burnt to a crisp.

The shockwave pushed the shamaness and Gin a couple of meters ahead. Sending them forward. Luckily, they were far enough from the heat, but the shockwave was a lot. Pushing the shamaness quite a distance. The impact scratched her quite a bit when she fell back on the dirt.

However, the soldiers who were attacking the wall noticed. And there was still a lot of them When they looked back, all they saw was large flames. The fire was still alive and powerful. The soldiers by the wall were suddenly very outnumbered. There were still more people on the wall. The musketeers didn't have much ammo on the ground. They couldn't carry much and most of them were due to return to the came to get more. So now their supplies were suddenly lacklustre. A few of them only had like 5 or 6 shots left.

The sudden explosion sent Gin flying ahead several meters, directly into a tree. "Fuck!" he yelled out in pain--quickly getting back on his feet. He looked around wildly, the bag he carried is still in his hands not leaving his side the whole time. "Well that was wild! I'm surprised we made it this far. Come, we need to hurry, still." he spoke to the shaman, who's whereabouts he didn't really know.

She groaned softly and managed to scrape her knee. But she's a big girl. The girl just sighed and got up again, "So, you want to carry me back?" she asked. The shamaness didn't expect a yes. They still had the soldiers who were between them and the city. It may be difficult to avoid them now. But she really began to walk around the army. Trying to go as quickly as possible

The soldiers who were currently attacking began to go return to the burnt camp. To maybe find if there were any survivors or anything salvageable. Without the camp, they didn't have enough resources to take the city. So, an immediate retreat was the safest bet. Plus they all connected with the rest of the army was lost so with all the papers burnt.

In a panic, Gin threw the shaman over his shoulder -- looking one last time behind him before sprinting towards the keep. Using his remaining power granted from the pill, he swiftly carried both of them between the ruined trees and rubble. As he ran, he turned his head to look behind him, it wasn't good. Several silhouette rose from over the hill behind them, they yelled in a different language as they took aim at the two of them. Four shots cracked like thunder, 3 of the 4 pellets flew past them. The fourth one was not seen by Gin's eyes. A complete misfire perhaps? It didn't matter, with the bag in one hand and shaman on his shoulder, he ran, and ran, and ran. He could feel his strength draining from his body like water through wet clothes. He was nearly dry, but salvation was close. Only a few more steps and all they would have to do was squeeze through the vines. But once they actually arrived at their previous entry point, his heart sunk. The vines grew, there was no entry point left. Gin carelessly set her down, quickly got to work on trying to rip them apart. But it was no use, his strength was drained and his grip loose. He slowly fell on his knees and yelled "Help us! The vines grew back and we can't tear them apart!" He yelled into the sky, hoping the garrison would hear them. And after doing so, movement could be heard behind their obstacle.

And yet, the movement of enemy soldiers could also be heard in the dead woods. "Try and remove the vines, I predict the garrison will try and aid you..." he said as he began to doze off. His thoughts being slowly washed away.

Last edited:
Holding unto Gin wasn't as comfortable as Moonfall had hoped. His armour had hard and had pointy edges. Still, she wasn't as fast as him, so the lady held on tightly. Dozens of the men kept firing at the two, and a few bullets almost hit her. But luckily the muskets were new and lacked accuracy. The more Gin ran, the safer they were.

She was feeling panicked. The vines were blocking the way and they were still not completely safe yet. Luckily some archer was still there, providing covering fire to suppress the little resistance. Moonfall looked at Gin, "Stop moving you don't want to be active when the magic's wearing off." Moonfall told him. She looked at the vined. Luckily the girl still had her bag. She tossed a bit of dust from the bad at the vines, some of them shivered away leaving a path.
"Come on." She grabbed his arm and began to pull him inside the city.

The city's guards responded immediately. A dozen archers and knights rushed out of the city to secure the area. Others picked Gin up and carefully carried him inside of the city. The city's infirmary was already crowded with injured men. Most going to die within a few minutes. But the knights still carried Gin to the infirmary. The tide's been turned.

As soon as Sigvald saw the two of them enter the keep, a wave of relief washed over him. Yet despite this, he didn't rush in to aid them - mentally scolding himself for his lack of action. He made his way towards Gin - who still held on to the sack of papers. "What is this?" he asked as he pointed it out.

Gin, laying on a ragged blanket and pillow responded with a grunt, his helmet still firm. "Huh? Oh, Sigvald!" he exclaimed.

"Calm down! You're in safe hands now." he assured him "So tell me, what is this bag?"

"A bunch of papers I stole from the enemy tents. I think it belonged to the commanders." he said in between grunts.

Sigvald gave him a weird look "What the hell happened to you anyway?"

"That shaman that went with us gave me some magical beans or something. They made me very strong, but now I feel drained..." he spoke.

Sigvald nodded, and then went to grab the grey bag next to the purple knight, and then he noticed something. The bottom of the bag was drenched in what seemed to be blood, and yet it didn't seem to be coming from the inside. He looked down only to see a puddle of blood beneath Gin. Reacting in a second, he tossed the bag aside and knelt down. "You're bleeding!" he said, turning his friend on his side. It was bad, his entire back side was drenched in blood, with a little hole slightly above his ass. "Damn it! You've been shot! How the hell didn't you feel it?!" he turned his head towards the doctors in the infirmary "This knight has been shot, he needs treatment!"

"They're easy to make, made from plants and fungus," Moonfall commented. "Those papers look important. We have a moment of peace, maybe we can read through them." She suggested.

Some local medics were there, experienced men who've spent years studying medicine. Some years before the war, a sort of medical revolution happened. Doctors improve their techniques and cleanliness became a standard norm. Lots of studies and research came from across the seas, and the Kingdom's built on it very quickly.

Some of them immediately began cleaning the wound with soap, water and a rag.
"Bullets are bad, trying to remove it can risk even more bleeding, but leaving it can create an infection." One of them said. The only option was to remove it. Removing the round bullet would be problematic. But during the war, they got a little better at removing bullets. An old man was a surgeon, one of the few in the entire kingdom and much of the world. His surgeon tools looked metallic and painful, one looked like a creepy version of a golf claw. But he managed to stick the took inside the wound and pull the round bullet effortlessly.

Removing the bullet just make the wound bleed more. And other medics rushed to stop the bleeding again.

"He's a strong man, he'll survive but no fighting until the wound heals." a doctor said to Vorsen.

"No! You can't make me wait here!" Gin lashed out rebelliously, frantically looking at Vorsen and Sigvald -- who were clearly displeased by the sad reality of the situation.

Vorsen kicked the wounded knight in the leg, signaling him to stop squirming "That is out of the question!" he ordered sternly "Enough good men have died this day, I refuse to let another one perish!"

Gin had a look of astonishment washed over his face, shifting his gaze towards Sigvald -- hoping that at least he would protest to his decision. But the black knight stared into him and responded "I stand by his decision - not that it's even my place to decide - you need rest, and you will get it weather you like it or not." with that, the two knight's left Gin's side, leaving him to the doctors as they went back to planning their potential counterassault.

"Sir, I suggest we dig through the contents while we still have some time." Sigvald suggested to his commander while holding the blood soaked bag "We might find something that would give us more insight."

"We'll read through what we can, perhaps some information on it can have immediate value," Vorsen suggested. He looked at the bag and took hold of it. It would take some quiet time to just sit down and read through each one of them, especially alone. Still, he dug into the bag and looked at the first file. The Sjerlandic language was very close to Hvolnes, works were vaguely recognizable but the gramma looked weird. But Vorsen had long learnt the language before the war even began. He managed to find a written report, a sort of summary of the information.

"I hope you didn't sleep through language classes Sgvald," he told him, "I'll need every man literate in the language to go through these papers," he told him. He read through a bit of the one report closely, "This one seems hopeful, enemy's troops are spread too thin and the logistics suffer for it. They may not be able to resist a proper offensive if we can gather enough men." he stated

"How many men will it take? Our numbers are lesser than when we started this battle. We would probably need to bring back our fallen and then add some numbers on top of that." Sigvald informed, thinking of ways to combat the issue. As he did, he continued to dig through the bag, he wasn't illiterate - but the language written before him was hard to understand. His almost frantic scrambling came to a halt when he spotted something interesting. Among the torn and damaged papers, Sigvald could feel something firm. He pulled out what happened to be a sturdy envelope with a very pronounced purple seal. It had something written on the back of it, but he couldn't read it. "What do you think of this?" he said handing the envelope to Vorsen. "It looks important, and the seal looks like it could belong to a noble."

"An army of 10,000 can likely push them out for good if coordinated enough. It would take at best 100 days though..." Vorsen thought about it for a bit. He almost didn't notice that Sigvald had found something. The veteran soldier looked at the envelope. "This one looks promising, good eye." He commented. The man took the envelope and proceeded to open it very slowly. The paper looked like high quality, and it was printed.
"This one looks like a prophet's letter." He read through it, "Nothing too special, just a blessing from the theocracy. Hmm. It looks like here the Prophet of Security was planning to go to the Innery to host a sermon, they expected to take the Innery before the Prophet arrived. Looks like victory was huge. "

The letter itself was very large and broad. A lot of information with about 5 pages worth. The first page was just a prayer and a written blessing. The second page was to remind the captain that taking the city was important. The Prophet of Security wanted to get to the city to host a large sermon for the troops. The letter had no information on logistics or invasion plans. But it seemed implied that after the sermon they were going to do a sudden invasion

Sigvald listened to Vorsen with sharp ears, absorbing every word that he spoke out. The longer he went on - the more uneasy he became, the constant noise of the wounded and disturbed soldiers didn't make it any better. "Who is this Prophet the letter speaks of? Is he someone I should have heard about?"

Last edited:
"50 years ago, the Sejerlandic monarch was overthrown in the Holy Revolution. Their church took control of the government after the last king was tried for heresy. The Prophet of Security is the highest authority in their army. If he's there it must be a very big invasion coming soon. But it's a very risky move on his part" he explained to Stvald. He placed the folder back in the bad, "We'll need at least a good 3 days to properly read through all of these."

"We will only have that kind of time if the enemy decides to start a proper siege. And that is a big if." Sigvald spoke as he looked at the big grey walls that surrounded them, only imagining what could await them beyond now that the enemy is becoming desperate. He paced around nervously, gripping his sword ever tighter "At this point we're just awaiting your orders. As far as I'm concerned..."

Vorsen gave him a stern look "You're in no position to make decisions like this." he stated "You will leave the decisions to me. Besides, you should probably talk to that shaman over there." he said as he pointed towards the chocolate skinned woman. "And as for our next course of action..." his gut hurt before he even said it "We need to heal the wounded, and the men are tired. We will need to have a watch all day and all night. We can't fight if we can barely stand as it is. Not only that, but it's quite apparent that the morale is falling low. That also needs to be taken care of." he deadpanned "In the meantime, I will go through these papers and see what I can find."

Sigvald just stood and listened, it made him look quite dumb as well. "I suppose I'll get to it." hesitating at first, marched towards the shaman in the distance. This could end well, or could result in very awkward small talk.

Right now, the shaman was just getting bandaged on her knee and arm. She wasn't doing anything, sort of just waiting for something to happen. When she noticed Sigvald, the lady immediately stood up. "Mr knight, how's your friend doing?" She immediately asked him. She was sort of concerned for Gin's health. He seemed like a good guy. She would grab her bag again and look around again. "Wait, do you we have to go on another adventure?" She then asked him.

The current peace had allowed the city to breathe. Some food and drink were given out freely, mostly pieces of bread with some cheeses and beer. Some sausages were offered to the knights as well. However, it seemed that food is running a bit low since many farms had been burnt or abandoned.

"My name is Sigvald - and no, Gin is not doing so well." he spoke with an unhappy tone "He was shot when carrying you back. But he will hopefully make a full recovery." he told the shaman, not knowing how she might react to it. But before she could get her answer out, he spoke again. "Listen, me and the garrison won't be leaving the walls for some time. In fact, we are hoping for them to siege us." he stated as his metal hands slightly fidgeted "You're out of the prison and have an open window for escape, I suggest you take it. We appreciate all that you have done to help this doomed garrison." he said to her, turning his back and beginning to walk away.

Back