Adventure Role Play

Lil Proton

Liàng Proton
"Thanks for telling me, and good luck with your war. Well since it's a peaceful time now, I think I have some important news" She said to him. The lady was planning on travelling to the capital. She's been travelling for weeks, coming from the north-west. Her journey was more for business and But her previous imprisonment showed to her that she may not be able to just step inside cities. "There's a shipment, it's at the eastern coast. It couldn't be brought down because of the war, so the deliveries just travelled through a large river and stopped at Abertaberg. It's waiting for someone to take them."

The_Dujke

Woosh, you have anal cancer.
SIgvald gave her a confused look through his visor "I'm not sure I follow... What are you suggesting?" he asked plainly. The rabble around them slowly falling silent.

Lil Proton

Liàng Proton
"Sorry, your kingdom had made a purchase and it's waiting for someone to take it. I thought it might be a good time to go see it's contents," She told Slgvald immediately.

The_Dujke

Sigvald stood there absorbing the information - she was right. He briskly turned around to inform his commander, but the sight of him arguing with a pheasant and one of the guards made him rethink his approach. "You know, that is not a bad idea. Whatever the contents are, they should be useful." he stated "Only problem is, I don't know where it is - this place you speak of. Could you come with me and be my guide?" he asked the girl.

Lil Proton

Liàng Proton
"Sure, it's not far, just south of this city pretty deep in your country's territory at least for now." She said, and she pointe to the general direction. She went into her bag again and took out a small map of the area. It was crumpled up, slightly torn but readable. It showed the region. There was the Innercy, and directly below was the destination, Abebubin. That city was right beside a major river. It had a route to the capital. But the war meant that there was no one to take the goods.

(It's Abebubin, not Abertaberg, I go the two cities confused.)

The_Dujke

Sigvald paid close attention to what the lady was saying. Yet the only real thought going through his head was if commander Vorsen would approve of this. "Blazes..." he thought to himself "I really should ask for approval from the commander. If something goes wrong whilst I'm out there, they will need to why." the thought finished, a strange sense of responsibility slapped him in the face as he snapped back to reality. Not even hearing the last words of the shaman. He tried to focus his ears for only a moment on the conversation happening behind him. A commander, guard and a pheasant, it sounded almost like a joke.

"Why won't you give us weapons!" spoke the pheasant, his face contorted into a strange expression of complete bafflement and anger.

"We simply don't have enough swords and maces to go around! Besides, you already have weapons." the guard stated, sounding as if it wasn't his first time saying it.

"Pitchforks and axes meant for cutting firewood aren't weapons!"

"Enough, both of you!" Vorsen stated firmly, his gaze shifting towards the guard "To me, it seems very strange that the armory has nearly no weapons in reserve. A city as big as this has no excuse for such a thing." he barked out, Sigvald half-expected the guard to whimper back.

The thought of interrupting that conversation made his feel dirty. But it wasn't like he had a choice. Well, he did -- but he didn't like the alternative. "All of this sounds good, but I must ask permission from Vorsen. It will take but a moment." he said as he walked out on her, in an almost rude manner, but not quite.
Sigvald slowly approached the three as they argued, stopping right next to Vorsen. "Sir, I come to you asking permission to retrieve supplies near Abebubin. I believe these supplies will aid us in this fight, or even help the sick and hungry. If possible, I will also be taking the shaman as a guide."

Lil Proton

Liàng Proton
"Abebubin?" Vorsen immediately asked he turned to Sigvald for a second. The man took out a map of the region, so he could make sure his memory was right. From the looks of it, Abebubin was located just next to a major river. "I believe you, this city is the centre for trading because of the river. Take a few farmers with you, they could help make the delivery faster." He said to him, "Try to see if some more volunteers can come as well, anyone would do."

Vorsen had really hoped to get rid of the peasants for at least a few days. Sending some of them to get some supplies can really help with some stress.
Moonfall nodded, "That's great, the resources is being kept by the 1st fleet." she added

The_Dujke

"Traveling to Abebubin, are we?" interjected the pheasant that spent the last several minutes of his fleeting life arguing about pitchforks and reserved weapons, his accent thick but also clear "I'd be more than happy to send a few of my lads with you -- hardy boys, you know? Ones that could carry a sleeping cow if need be." before Sigvald could even reply - the old man placed two wrinkly fingers into his thin mouth and let out a sharp whistle. Seemingly, from out of nowhere -- ten young men came running towards them.
As they ran, Sigvald inspected every one of them. Which he felt to be pointless since they hardly looked any different from one another. Not to mention the fact that they looked like knights that were stripped of they plate armor. "Alright lads, you ten will be this knight's company."

"What are we doing exactly?" one of them asked.

Sigvald -- not wanting to waste any more time -- spoke without hesitation "You will be helping me and Ms. Moonfall bring back supplies from Abebubin. She will serve as out guide, though I cannot say with certainty how long it will take us to complete this task."

The young men seemed almost eager to accompany a knight, but there seemed to be slight hesitation as their gaze shifted towards the dark skinned shaman. "Who is Ms. Moonfall?" one of them asked.

Lil Proton

Liàng Proton
Moonfall awkwardly rose her arm, "I'm Ms Moonfall." She said to the group and sighed. She looked at the map, the town is right next to the largest river in the kingdom. She sighed a little bit then looked at the group. There were enough guys to help carry all of the stuff. She smiles lightly and looked at the map again. "Okay, so we're heading south, just through the forest until we're at the river. We'll need horses to get there as quickly as possible."

A few knights brought out a couple of horses for them to take. But, Moonfall has never ridden on a horse before, she mostly just walks. While everyone else seems to be able to get on them without a problem, she was just awkwardly treating her horse like it was about to bit arm off. She sighed a little bit but managed to climb on. But, she wasn't very sure if she could control the beast. A cart was put on one of the horses just encase it would be needed.

The_Dujke

The image of twelve people on horseback -with the exception of one barely hanging on- seemed like something out of a fairytale, or maybe a tavern tale. A knight, a shaman and ten young farmhands - that sounded abought right. Or at least one of the farmhands thought as he kept glancing at the unbalanced shaman trying to ride the horse -strangling seemed more fitting. "Ms, not to poke fun, but I think walking on foot would be less exhausting for you. The way you handle that horse would make a drunkard cringe." he said with a rather straight face.

"Don't give her any ideas, or she just might - like in one of their jungles." one of the other ones laughed out.

While that one was laughing, a third one spoke out "Laugh all you want, but it's downright painful to watch."

"Then the solution is simple, don't look at her." Sigvald said to the man, who lowered his head and focused on the road. His reaction seemed more like that of obedience rather than shame. While it was funny, Sigvald also found it concerning seeing her not be able to handle a horse. Making him wonder if they even had any where she came from. Thinking about this, he shifted and guided his steed near the shaman. In just a moment he was right next to her. "Is everything all right?" he asked, despite already seeing the answer before him.