Adventure Role Play

"Lot long, we can get there within a day or so if the horses hurry. About 50 km," she responded to the question. The lady then looked at the farm guys for a moment. She was quite linguistic in three languages, a bit rare and valuable piece of education, especially as the languages are spoken by a lot of people. She listened a bit to the farmer's squabbling, and she found it charming. They're quite fine people in her opinion. "You boys can always try to learn how to read. I'm sure by a week you guys can learn the bare basics to recognize a few words." She said to the boys.

The farm hands just kept talking, not even hearing the shaman's wise words. Sigvald cringed at this, but he didn't blame them for their lack of attention, nor their ignorance. "Don't hold it against them -- they are not at fault for their current state of mental health and well being." he said as he moved his horse away from the boys and closer to her. At this point, they were side by side, their horses nearly rubbing against each other. "You might not know this, but some of them are spawns of incest. That is why some might seem a little odd." he whispered to her "This is because the families of the city need more workers -- at any cost. But never mind that, it is not what I really wanted to mention." he spoke flatly "In these parts, if you do not get your education at an early age -- you might not get it at all. Unless you find a noble to pay for your food and taxes while you take your time learning. Not to mention finding a decent teacher." he then ominously stared back at the farmhands as they kept talking "As for learning magic. If they start doing that..." he stared at one of the farm hands trying to kiss his horse -- presumably because of a bet or dare. Sigvald looked back at the shaman through his cold, black visor "May the Gods protect us all."

Moonfall couldn't help but see the boys to be a little bit charming, even though they were a bit of a chaotic mess. She couldn't help but agree with Sigvald completely. Might not be best if they learnt magic. Besides, the economic conditions sound like it would make such an effort completely impossible in the first place. But she eyed him a bit closer when Sigvald mentioned incest. Moonfall was grossed out, but then she took note of them a little bit closer.
"Incest? You sure?" she asked, whispering back, "Where I'm from, nomadic tribes always connect and people always switch around, so incest never really happen." She said to him.

The journey was pretty peaceful, but they had to spend several hours just travelling and travelling without anything to happen. They went through a small forested area that began to get thicker and thicker. But eventually, there were some areas of deforestation. Mostly loggers who had chopped down some trees to use as wood.

They kept going, and going, and going. There was no end to it -except there was. Soon, they would reach their destination. Sigvald noticed the farmhands and the lack of enthusiasm in their eyes. He wasn't obliged to, but he wanted to keep them engaged, somehow. "What would these young lads find amusing at a time like this? A joke perhaps?" he thought to himself. But then he came upon a bright, yet bold idea. He quickly turned to speak to his followers "Did you hear that lads? Ms. Moonfall will tell us an interesting story!" he motioned towards the shaman.

The farm hands hardly reacted - if at all. Most of them were observing their surroundings, while the others looked at their two leaders. Without saying a word.

"Okay, boys. I'm going to tell you a cool story. This is old mythology about the spirit of the salt-lake. Since the beginning of time, the salt-lake stood as the portal between the physical and spirit world. It was the only place fisherman can go to get green fish, the tastiest fish in the world. One day, a fisherman caught a huge green fish. But this one was different. It was his size, and it could talk.

"Please don't eat me, sir. I can grant you one wish for my release." the fish begged.

"I don't know, I'm sure my customers would pay a fortune for a fish like you...How about you give me a chest full of gold as payment?" the fisherman suggested.

And so, in a sudden flash of light, a chest full of gold coins was on his boat. And the fisherman released the fish. The fisherman got rich from the chest, but eventually, the gold ran out. So years later, he fished at the exact same spot, and he caught the exact same fish.

"You again? Please don't eat me."

"I wouldn't eat you, I just need another chest of gold again." the fisherman said.

And so another chest of gold appeared on his boat. Then the fisherman released the fish. And some years later, the fisherman returned, wanting another chest of gold. But once he cast his net, then pulled it out of the water...it wasn't a fish. IT WAS A GHOST. The spirit was transparent, wearing a green dress and had twigs in her hair. In her hand was the fish from before. And suddenly, hundreds of fishes surrounded the fisherman's boat.

"Looks like we caught dinner my fishes." the spirit said with a giggle.

And so, the fisherman never returned to shore. Some say that the ghost was actually the Goddes of Nature, who was angered by the fisherman's greed. So, she fed him to the lake and cursed his soul to search for his third chest of gold for all eternity.

THE END."

"Well that was pleasant." said one of the men "But it makes ya wonder on what he spent all that gold." they pondered.

"Seems obvious if you ask me." another one answered "Wenches, drink and food. Just like we all would." this came out almost as a boast. And for them, it most likely was.

But while the story was interesting, Sigvald wasn't very impressed by it. Most likely because he had heard it before. This made the knight wonder; could he tell a better story? As the group neared their destination, Sigvald -with some effort- scoured his memory in search of a story. A good one. He rubbed his fingers together in the effort. Until it all suddenly came together. A thrilling story, or a memory. He cleared his throat as he began to speak.

"Very well, It seems like it is my turn to tell a tale." He alerted his group "The story I am about to tell you is from my childhood. Back when -yours truly- was not a man bound by chivalry, but a young lad." he said in a smooth voice "A part of my life that I will remember for the rest of my days. A part of my life where I woke up every day under the light of the sun without worry." he stated, his mouth curving into a smile as he did, "It wasn't perfect -for nothing truly is. I had bad days like anyone else my age, but there is one period of it that I will never forget. The day I lost something truly precious." his smile faded away. As if this memory struck a nerve. "It all began one beautiful summer day. I came out of my home to visit my friend, a gorgeous young girl who's parents held a farm not too far from ours. I found my self visiting her more and more often ever since she brought a dog into her household. It was safe to say I was ecstatic, and I still don't know why. I didn't like dogs that much. "And yet, I still believe I began to visit her more frequently. Her parents never minded my presence, it was almost as if they enjoyed it. Which I still find strange even to this day. I'm not saying I was a nuisance. But I had my issues -let's just leave it at that. Enough side tracking, back to the story!" he said enthusiastically.

"One noon, I decided to visit her home, excited to see her companion again, and her as well. When I arrived, quickly found out that her parents we asleep -for some odd reason- and so I decided to look for her at the stables where the cows were. And that is where I found her, sleeping like dragon. I couldn't bring my self to wake her, so I decided to find her dog. A decision which I regret dearly." Sigvald's voice changed, becoming slightly deeper than before. "I looked around for what felt like at least 30 minutes -maybe more. Just when I was about to give up and go back home, I spotted something in my peripheral. It was her dog. It's brown fur clearly visible to me. Her dog stood at the edge of the woods near her farm. I could tell from a distance he was alerted, but I couldn't tell by what. So I decided to figure that out by getting closer to the pup. Once I got close enough, I tried to get it's attention. But it just wouldn't move. I was petting it, scratching it's butt, you name it. It wouldn't budge. Once I had given up, I decided to look and try and spot what it was seeing in the foliage." he paused for a moment, then resumed "For better or worse, I saw what the mutt was gawking at. And yet I'm still not sure what it was. If I had to assume, it was probably around 4 feet tall. And I don't know how to describe it. It was covered in shadow, hidden in the bushes -and yet it's silhouette perfectly discernible from it's surroundings. I resembled a wolf, or at least I think it did. My memory is a bit patchy. I stared at it for what felt like a solid few minutes. The blasted thing didn't even budge. I almost made me think I was seeing things. But it was there, I just knew it!" he exclaimed

"After seeing enough of it, I decided that was it, and left. Not even bothering to say wake my friend. I just walked straight home, like nothing happened. And when I arrived, I went for an early sleep." Sigvald finished to recollect even more of the story from his fading memory. "The day after, I asked my parents if my friend had stopped by. But hey just gave me weird looks and asked me what I was talking about. So it told them the story. They stared at me in disbelief as I told them everything. It was then that my father told me that no one had ever even lived on that farm to begin with. That it was abandoned -and always has been. At first I thought it was just a joke, but I later learned the hard way when I went to investigate for myself." he began to speak quieter "Unfortunately, the were right. They were gone. And the one prominent farm had vanished. Only leaving behind ruins of what once was." he stated "And to this day, I cannot find any trace of them, as if they had never truly existed."

His company was quiet, as he finished the tale. He looked at the farm hands and his female friend with an expecting gaze. "Any thoughts? Did it please your ears?" he spoke with a rather uplifting tone. And as the sugar on top, he let out a rather loud laugh.

"Sounds like a weak connection to the spirit world, they are so rare because they tend to develop alternate realities only select people can see. can you show me sometime? I bet there are some powerful magical herbs just waiting to be...Oh, you were just making up the story. Oh," Moonfall said, then her slow brain processed his laugh. The sorceress was interested in just about everything magical. Any story or rumour sounded like a promise to her. So it was always a disappointment when the stories weren't true. Another potential adventure ruined. "Story was really creepy, I was honestly half expecting your description of the dragon to be literal. Like the girl had turned into a literal dragon."

She then looked forward again. They were passing a swamp area. The dirt was getting just a little bit muddier, and the swamp just a few feet away to their side. The river is near. "Okay, I think we'll get there either tonight or early the ext day. Dpending if you boys like travelling through the night. Now, do you boys also have some interesting stories?" she asked.

"Nah, not me." one of them said.

"Me neither." another added.

Sigvald squeezing the reins of his horse, decided that they have heard enough stories for the time being "Perhaps we should just stick to the road. We're not that far away, I hope."

The adventure would take some more time, with several stories and annoying stops along the way. The group had avoided what appeared to be a swamp to the side, though the path would inch a bit closer, and closer to the swamp. Until eventually, they arrived at what appeared to be a major area for development. The river ahead was huge. But more importantly, it was very deep. So deep that a large ship was inside the river, very comfortably. In fact, the entire river seemed to be well defended with a blockade of ships spanning across it.

The city of Abebubin was located right in the middle of all this development. The city itself was a more modern kind. Expanded from a small fishing village just a few decades ago. It was more like a recruitment point and centre for more modern investments. The fishing businesses thrived on feeding the number of soldiers and company brought. Taverns and Inns were recently built

The party strode across the coast, at first having trouble discerning which one of the ships stored their supplies. Being partially a port, Abebubin was surrounded by ships of all sizes. Some which had a more obvious purpose than others. SIgvald scanned each ship one by one, his gaze meeting each one of their flags and banners. Though soon enough, the ship they were looking for was found. It was big, and seemed very expensive - it was by far the largest ship of them all, it's sails where as white as snow and the woodwork was golden brown like honey. For a moment he even considered himself silly for not noticing it first, because it clearly stood out from the rest. The other ships were not even comparable by quality or size.

Next to where the ship has been docked, stood at least a dozen guards along with the ships crew. The crew hastily moved across the harbor, moving around crates and setting schedules.

"You reckon those are our supplies they are handling?" one of the boys asked.

At first Sigvald gave no response, but instead approached the men and gave them his introduction. "Well met! My name is-"

"We know who you are. You came for the supply shipment?" the asked plainly, his face of one that has seen enough bureaucracy for a lifetime - dead of all emotion.

Taken aback by this, the black knight responded "Y-yes, indeed I am. Are the supplies ready for transport?"

"No, not yet. The crew is currently working on it - as I'm sure you can see. Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 wagons have gotten damaged during the journey. It will take a little while to repair. Along with placing all of the crates inside, you're looking at around 2 or 3 hours of delay, unfortunately." the guard informed. "I suggest you get comfortable."

"I see..." without another word, he turned his back and returned to his party, which seemed to be anticipating good news.

"So what di he say?" asked one of the farmhands "We gonna be taking it back right now or what?" he asked rather impatiently.

"No, not yet. They have encountered a few hick-ups along the journey here and now they're focusing on fixing them." he sighed "We will have to wait for 2 hours or so till the issues are rectified -literally. Two of their three wagons are damaged. So ready the horses in advance." he told them.

"Alright, that's 2 minutes of work anyway, we can do that later. And speakin' of later, what are we doing for the next 3 hours?"

The question was met with silence...

"We could get something to eat. At an Inn perhaps?" he looked over at Moonfall, and then the rest of the party.

"Well, there's this business that sells food and rents a few rooms to relax in. Reasonable prices, a nice business for the locals to socialize in, and for merchants to spend their money. Maybe Mr Slgvald can get us a discount for being a knight. I heard soldiers tended to get cheaper rates," she said to the group of men. But, Moonfall still went into her bag, seeing if she had some amount of change, all she had was a small leather bag inside full of a couple of gold coins. So, she tossed the bag of coins to Slgvald to spend.

With some free time, the group had the option to just explore and go to the inn for a moment. Moonfall leads the way, walking into the city using the main street entrance. The city lacked any wall and it was easy to see why. Part of the city was borderline between land and river. Sections of the city itself consisted of dozens of small islets connected together with bridges. Other buildings were built on the sallow coast where stilts kept the houses above the water. Most of the city was on dry land luckily.

The engineers wasted nothing when designing some of the homes and buildings though, everything looked well maintained. And mostly because the port provided a rich stream of wealth that constantly keeps the city rich. It's here that international trade often happens, at least oversees of course.

Moonfall leads the group to one of the larger buildings, where a few merchants stepped in and out. "Here's the inn, boys try to be on your best behaviour. And don't break anything," she said to the farmers. Then, she pushed the doors open. Inside didn't seem very crowded but there were a good number of different kinds of people. Lots of fishermen were enjoying beers with the local merchants. There was a strong smell of seasoned fish in the air. Mostly fried seafood and various soups were sold.

"Aye, we can do that! Right lads?" said one of the farmhands, a loud "AYE!!" came from the rest in an instant.

Even though he wouldn't show, Sigvald was also eager to enter - anticipating the tender taste of sirloin and boiled potatoes on his tongue. Before he knew it, the group was already pushing the doors to the inn open with lifted spirits. The inside was as cozy as one could expect, all of the walls were showered with a warm shade of honey and gold - same as the ships in the harbor. Despite this, the establishment was rather empty. Only two tables were taken. leaving more than a quarter of the place empty.

Like confused tourists, they stumbled around and found themselves a round table - one which seemed surprisingly new. In fact, everything around them was in pristine condition, even though no one would notice because it looked rather dull - in a good way, of course. The group sat down, admired the interior and waited, and then waited some more. After a short time while exchanging a few ideas about what to order, the group started to get impatient, there was no sign of the waitress - or "tavern wenches" as the country folk would call them.

"Where de' bloody ell' is the wench?" one of the farm hands expressed passionately.

Like an owl, Sigvald disapprovingly tilted his head at this expression "You mean the waitress?"

"Yeah, that's what we call em'! Where are they at I wonder?" this time a different farm hand replied.

"Probably polishing some tankards, lads! Or who knows, maybe they will show themselves once they fix their skirts up? Hehehe." another one added. The eagerness in their voices made Sigvald question weather it was intended for a plate full of food or a soft ass to squeeze. Either way, they were right. The waitresses were missing, and he did not like the lack of professional service.

With the rough sound of black steel on wood as he pushed himself up form his chair, the gold trimmed knight stomped towards the counter - his gold covered sword scraping against his thigh. Making his way there and leaning against the counter, he scanned for any signs of a waitress. As he did, he heard rumbling just below the counter he was leaning on. Curious, he leaned further to get a better view. Someone rather short in the dark below the counter was polishing a small keg of ale, or was it wine? Sigvald's mouth curled into a smile as he eyed the person - and the more he did, the more they resembled a waitress. "Wouldn't it make more sense to polish those tankards behind you?"

The small person let out a high pitched squeal as the recoiled into the light. Sure enough even the farmhands would tell you, it was a waitress. Short, slightly tanned with long brown hair rolled down is braids. Her bright green eyes looking at him in shock. "What can I do for you?" her voice polite and clear. She tilted to the side only to be greeted by a sight of hungry farmhands and a single chocolate skinned woman. "Are they with you?" she asked.

"I'm afraid so." he chuckled, she only sighed in return,

Relaxing a little, she leaned against the counter like Sigvald, except he was now standing upright with an iron posture. "If you're interested, we have a 'Knight's Special'. It includes ale, pork roast, venison sausage,-"

"You won me over with the venison sausage! Tell me, will it be enough to feed those simpletons behind me? We're short on coin, and are currently retrieving supplies to help us defend a city that is under siege."

She gave him a mortified expression as he spilled his beans. Did he really just let it out like that? "A city under siege? Where?"

"Innercy, I'm afraid. We're still not entirely sure as to who we are fighting." he told her.

"By the Gods... Wait, - if the city is under siege - why are standing here and and wasting time, should you not be on the way back!?"

"Yes, well... unfortunately for us, the wagons that we were suppose to use have been damaged. That is why we are currently idling. So we though it would be good for us if we got some rest and food."

She stared at him with a pitiful gaze. Not sure what to do with them, and feeling obliged, she decided that the kindest and patriotic course of action would be to help in any way she could. "Food and rest you say?" she asked rhetorically "Well you just go and make yourself comfortable. The Golden Thorne Inn will make sure you leave with a full stomach! On the house!" and before Sigvald could process it, the short waitress ran into the kitchen, followed by orders seemingly directed at the cooks, hopefully.

With the notion that they will be getting a meal soon, Sigvald rejoined his group at the table. "Good news! We're getting fed! And it's on the house!" this news was met with cheer an joy.

And about half an hour later, the group was feasting on a whole pig and a keg of ale. Carrots, potatoes, cheese, onions and tomatoes littered their plates. And for the first time, Sigvald removed his helmet in the presence of the group, though they did little to mind it. His coif removed but still tightly pressed against the back of his neck allowed his dark brown hair breathe fresh hair in it's sweaty strands. "Eat well my friends! For who knows when we may get another chance to enjoy our selves!" his average voice no longer muffled by the metal cage he wore everywhere.

"CHEERS BE TO SIGVALD AND MOONFALL!!!" the farmhands saluted with raised tankards.

Soon after a small group of new visitors entered. About five in total. The first four looked to be the rough kind of sort. Bandits most likely. Old bloodstains on their leather and steel armor and unfriendly looks about them. The fifth visitor was about the complete opposite of the first four. Much shorter than most of his age and looks like he would lose in an arm wrestle with an elderly person. The younger boy must be around 19 or so compared to the other four bandits that just entered. The boy has long black hair that reached around shoulder length. Strangely he has several bald spots on random spots of his head. His eyes are a bright sparkling blue and three claw marks run down his right eye.

The boy was constantly fidgeting and twitching as he was being escorted by these bandits. They sat in the far corner of the room to discuss at a table. The boy seemed very nervous and uncomfortable.

" Alright kid stop your fuckin yapping already. "

" GAH! "

" You know what we want. Give us those blueprints already! " The second bandit yelled.

The boy's necked twitched to the side and he shook a little as he pulled at his hair, explaining why he has bald spots on his head. Another bandit with an eyepatch and silver teeth eased the first two bandits down as he slid next to the boy.

" Hey hey, heeeeeey chill already. Come on Ziro, you want the map don't you? "

" O..O..O.O..OF COURSE! YES YES YES! I..i..I...I..I C.C.C.C.CANT BELEIVE T.T.T.T.THAT THERES AN ISLAND WITH M...M...M...MACHINE MAGIC! "

The map was placed on the table. It was crudely made and was probably the fakest map that the world has ever seen. The bandits didn't even seem to know what a " machine " was...probably not most of the world either for that matter.

" Uuuh...yeah sure kid. Just give us those blueprints already! "

The boy named Ziro's hands twitched and shook as he shakily grabbed for his bag and pulled out papers. They had blueprints of strange designs that made no sense. Shapes and numbers and calculations all forming together into strange-looking weapons from the looks of it. The bandit with the eyepatch looked in confusion and slammed Ziro against the wall.

" WHAT ARE YA TRYING TO PULL YA NUTJOB?! "

"G..G..G..G..GAH! I..I.I.I.I.ITS WW.W.W.W.WHAT YOU W.W.W.WANTED! B..B..B..B..B..B..BLUEPRINTS! " He panicked as he ripped out a chunk of his hair in a panic.

" YOU SAID IT WOULD GIVE US THE ULTIMATE WEAPONS! "

" I..I..I..IT WILL! "

" CHEAP SLIMY RAT! RIP OUT HIS THROAT! "

" GAAAAH! N.N.N.N.N.NO! "

"Wow Mr Knight, you look great," Moonfall said to Sigvald, "The food does look pretty good. I must admit."

Moonfall ate a bit quietly, she had a fork and knife, taking small bites and chewing quite a bit. She fell silent, mostly just tuning the farmers out while she enjoyed her food. Though, she occasionally gazed to make sure they weren't doing anything too wild or destructive. Moonfall really felt that she had to pay close attention to them, she didn't want them actually breaking a chair or something along the lines.

She piled high on the good stuff, a lot of pork, of course, some sausages and a lot of carrots, cheeses and tomatoes. But her definition of a lot of food was drawled when compared to everyone else's plates. She had the smallest serving compared to everyone else. She honestly didn't know how the men could eat so much food once. "You all think you can finish all that?" She immediately asked them. Moonfall was intrigued to see how much meat and cheese the men could swallow before getting sick.

But of course, her attention was shifted elsewhere. She heard a bit of disturbance then looked across the room to see who it was. This group of people looked very interesting. Her own instinct gets her the impression they seemed like trouble makers, except for the one person who looked absolutely terrified. That group of people weren't exactly quiet either. So Moonfall was very able to listen in from the distance.

"Looks like some rough sort is troubling the young man," Moonfall said to Sigvald, "Should we intervene or is it not our business?" she then asked him.

The gang looked to be threatening the boy. But Moonfall was still neatly seated. She didn't exactly know how this kind of culture operates. Is it a good idea to intervene or a bad idea?

Sigvald turned to look what she was referring to, the plate of food before him stole all of his attention. It took him a moment to process what he was looking at. And sure enough, it was a rough sort. "And they came here with that attitude? Just when I decided to eat?" Sigvald thought to himself, he wiped his mouth with his glove and looked back at Moonfall and the rest of the group. It took them a moment, but eventually they stopped what they were doing. It only took them a moment to catch on to what was happening. They stared at him like dogs in anticipation - though Sigvald didn't say anything right away. His chair screeched as he shifted his position for an easier exit.

"What are you thinking, Sir Sigvald?" asked one of the farm hands. His eyes switching between the ruffians, Sigvald and the rest of his kin.

Sigvald didn't say much. Silently putting on his coifs and helmet and blurting out with a burp "If any of you want to help me resolve this matter, be my guests." the leather of his boots creaked as he stood up, taking Merodach with him - sheathed by his side. Seeing this, three of the farmhands joined came to follow.

Ziro squirmed and tried to kick away in a panic as the bandit punched him in the gut and threw him to the ground. Ziro was winded and coughed a bit.

" B...b...b..b..but...t.t.t.thats it! I...I its the w.w.w.weapon! "

" You think we're idiots?! Its just a drawing of a weird weapon that doesn't exist!"

" I..i..its a blueprint! "

" Shut up! "

The group were ready to beat the boy down

Last edited:
Moonfall sighed again, "Are we going to have one of those tavern fights that end up very expensive?" She asked Sigvald. The lady hoped the confrontation wouldn't result in too much violence, she didn't want to get kicked out before she was done eating. The food's really, really good. She could trust Sigvald to handle things alone, but when the farmers stood up, she had a sudden change of heart. She quickly shoved a chunk of meat down her throat. Then she stood up, she didn't trust the farmers to not make things worse.

So Moonfall swiftly squeezed between the farmers, and just stood behind Sigvald. Then Moonfall stepped past him, getting to the table first. "Evening gentlemen, you fellows okay? Looks like one you seem seems a little disturbed." Moonfall said. She was referring to the youngest person though. The one who obviously stood out for many, many reasons. Then her eyes gazed down at the piece of paper, it looked sort of cool but she had no idea what she was looking at.

Sigvald stood his ground, stoic and firm - his left gauntlet resting on his weapon "I, Sir Sigvald, a knight of the Order of Hvonism - oppose the actions of thy. And demand that thy leave this person in peace!" his words came out slightly stiff and out of character. Despite this, he appeared to show no sign of doubt. "Begone!" he demanded was spat out with little hesitation.

The other patrons and the rest of his group were paying full attention and watched with eager eyes. "That's right, you tell em'!" a farmhand to his left grunted out.

The four bandits slowly turned around. The lead bandit with silver teeth let out a smile as he spat in Sigvald's face. The other bandits began to circle around Sigvald and slowly drawing their weapons.

" You talking to us shiny? "

"Let's peel that armor off him! I want to sell it for a good bit of gold "

" Don't go anywhere now runt. It's time we teach this tin man a lesson. "

All four of the bandits drew their weapons. The leader of the group with the silver teeth has a sword, the next bandit who is larger than the others has a large battleax, a slimmer bandit armed with duel daggers, and finally a bandit hiding behind his allies with a bow.

" Were gonna teach you to talk back to us! We own this town! "

Without hesitation the bandit in the back started suppressing fire with his bow ran for cover. The three other bandits slowly closed in and the larger bandit with the axe took the first strike.

"WAIT! Wait, wait, wait, wait wait. Like, wait a moment!" Moonfall screamed out loud. She hugs into her bag immediately and tried to really look. Then, she quickly found a single doll. The doll was looking pretty bland. Seemed to be a cheap thing stuffed with straw with a cheap fabric holding it together. It had buttons for eyes and a weird smile. "This doll has absorbed your negative energy and cursed you. The curse is permanent and would ruin your lives for the end of time. Only I would be able to remove the curse."

She immediately threatened. Then she tapped on the tool for a moment, and a green flame erupted. The doll was one fire, but not burning. And Moonfall was holding it in her palm, all very neatly and snuggled.. Within the green flames, a bit of purple appeared. "If the flames turn completely purple, your souls would be doomed."

Was Moonfall telling the truth, was she bluffing? Who knows. She's holding a doll that suddenly engulfed in fire and she wasn't getting burnt at all. So, it certainly looked magic enough.

Back