Non-Canon Afflictions Of the Heart (A non-cannon Valentine's Day RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
❝ Oooh, a sap story! A chaotic party! Misguided and rash love! I absolutely LOVE it!! ❞

A rather excitable laugh resounded out of nowhere from a woman who wore attire better suited for a Halloween party. Brushing her green bangs to the side, she casually hummed at the current stack of events.

❝ I knew yoinking that invitation from the Witch of Entities was totes worth it. She's a lovesick softie that'll just play too well along with this set-up, which is why I'm here~ ❞ The witch rambles out loud, mostly talking to herself from the sounds of it. Well, that was enough of the colorful commentary, this Valentine's Day party was just getting started.

❝ Dates... Ah, now that's just messed up. I mean, someone's gotta be desperate to ask me out of all people. Last poor soul ended up really having BIG trust issues, not like I, the Witch of Deception, even cared. But who am I to turn someone down if they dared? Heheh... ❞ Witch entertained the thought once again out loud. She was definitely enjoying this too much.

As Eros explained the reason they are all there, Noah’s jaw slacked with shock, disgust, and fear.

“I’m sick of this fucking shit, I’m sick of playing all of these fucking games!” he muttered.

Noah, surprisingly, does have a brain. He’s assuming that there’s probably gonna be some mindfuckery outside if he tried to leave.

Noah doesn’t have his gun either, so he can’t just shoot the guy.

“Fuck off!” Noah screamed at Eros, before storming off to the library.

@Lucky @EveryoneElse​

Last edited:
The good news for Yan Qing was that the first two bites of whatever he was eating had no noticeable adverse on him. However, on the third bite, Yan Qing would feel an odd tingling sensation. The feeling would pass, but to anyone who was talking to him, they would notice that he seem to have noticeably gotten a bit thinner and looked about ten years older than before.

Eros Valentino

Eros just ignored the childish sneer and took a deep breath.

"I don't work for anyone expect myself- but it seems that is difficult to understand for you. It does seem more guests have arrived, so I will tell you why you are here in a moment."

Eros was relieved that at least the guests weren't hurting each other. At least, he didn't have to worry about anyone ruining his pla- he looked over and saw it then. A slightly plump demon who was eyeing the food, but not eating it. He didn't seem to be noticed by anyone, oh that was bad.

He would compose himself to not let anyone know that the demon being here ruined his plans. It would be hard for that thing to date unless it was summoned- and boy, he didn't think that was a good idea. " Yeah, the booze is to the right of the table of food. We got beer, wine, juice and water. If you have something else you want, it will also be there. I ordered a lot of drinks, so I don't remember everything that I have here."

As soon as the fish creature would go by the food, it would notice Beetlejuice. " Can you see me.... adorable fish thing?" He asked, looking at it.

Eros would take a deep breath and finally smile. "
Well, enough people are here to tell you. This party is to celebrate Valentine's Day and to get you all dates. My name is Eros Valentino, I'm the god of desire. And I am rather starved for some. It's how I eat. I live off of love and lust and desire and sex. The good news for you, I have invited a lot more people, so finding a date should be easy. However, the bad news for all of you is that this house comes with a terrible perk." Eros would lean to open the door and before long, an ugly creature would charge and growl.
View attachment 4822

It would grab poor Yashamaru Kurama and before he could react, his life would be sucked away and he would be turned into one of those creatures.

" It exists in a plane where leaving is certain death. And if you die... well, let's just say that a different guest that no one can clearly see can explain the cons of that. I have some other bad news. You have until sunrise tomorrow to get a date or help me figure out another way to free us from this prison. But, otherwise, enjoy your stay."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Sark

Levi took pause when it opened it's beak to start chowing down on some fruit. It blinked, mouth open, before it closed it's mouth and floated closer to Beetlejuice's face. It bobbed up and down twice in confirmation and chirped.

Michiko, meanwhile, had gotten a can of beer for herself, and almost choked on the first sip when one of the partygoers was attacked and turned into some monster.

Okay, so their host and about half of the people here was somewhere around a Satoshi Batista level nutjob, good to know.

Saki meanwhile, stared at what was once the Samurai, then landed his gaze on Eros. He really, really wanted to let Levi eat him for wasting their time--his especially--with all this.

Y'know, he just might. Maybe not right this moment, but soon.

"Huh? Doesn't that defeat the purpose though? I mean then I'm kinda forced to stare at 'em when they're right in my face." Man, what kind of logic did this lady follow? Someone was a few screws short of a...what was the expression again? Eh. Whatever.

"Oh well. If you don't wanna date me, I'll find somebody else. Good luck shoving people in your boobs!" And with that, he moved to the little group around Eros. "Hey! You guys looking to date somebody? I'll date you!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Capri

"I'm not too interested in dating anyone, but I guess we don't have much choice here, hm?" Saki sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. This was such a bother, but oh well.

He paused for a moment. "Well, some of the other people seem a bit eager about it." He added, referring to Witch of Deception mostly.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Eros Valentino and Beetlejuice

" Yeah, it's not that simple. I certainly tried to plead my case, but nobody was going to listen to me, so yeah, there's that." He would take a deep breath, feeling like he was forgetting something rather important. It seemed that his question was answered when he turned back. Oh yeah, the monsters didn't leave without being shoved out the door. The thing had come in to attack the guest and turn him. So now, there were two of those uglies.

" I hate to bring this up, but we might want to get rid of the creatures, unless you all prefer to end up like the other guests," he told everyone. " Don't touch them, whatever you do." For now, the creatures were focused on the little fish creature who was eating, aiming to attack him.

" You can see me. I'm going to have a new best friend," Beetlejuice replied with a smile. His smile however faded when those ugly monsters attacked his new friend. He growled and would punch the monsters back. To everyone expect Eros and Levi, the monster just seemed to be scared away on its own.

"
I know that none of you have any reason to trust me, but if someone can say the word Beetlejuice three times in a row, spoken and unbroken, that would be great."

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Yun Lee @Sark @Raynar Saassin @Main Entrance

Passionlip would have no trouble finding the locked door once she left the main entrance.. Aside from the fact that Eros's bedroom door was open, the giant neon signs pointing to the library above and the staircase indicated there was only one other option. The door at the end of the hall.... which also had a giant sign pointed out it was locked. How awfully thoughtful of the house's designer. Now how did Passionlip intend to get that door open?

@Jeremi @Locked Door

Therefore, Honda took off to that library the guy was talking about. Probably didn't have much time to read every book, but hey. Had to start somewhere!

When Noah and Honda would be traveling up to the library, they would hear somebody reading a book. " If you ever find yourself trapped in this house, know not to trust Eros Valentino. He acts off of desires and needs it to survive. The purpose of the house is to starve the primal god. Eros's list of known desire crimes are..." The man would look up when he heard them approach. God, he wasn’t a fan of meeting new people." Uhh- hi."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Library

Last edited:
Noah merely flipped the green guy off and searched through the books.

“Shit... there’s gotta be something of value...” Noah muttered as he searched through the books.

@Lucky @Yun Lee

"So, is that a yes, or...?" Yan Qing was getting mixed signals. Seriously! Did these guys wanna live or not? That pretty witch lady seemed to be an option...but before he could ask her, their host made a request. "Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice! Just like that, right?"

@Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

---

"Hi!" Honda greeted this other person, tilting his head. "Were you reading from a book just now, or was that your own observation?" And why did this guy have a book telling them not to trust him in his own house? Weird.

@Lucky @Capri

" Yeah, it's not that simple. I certainly tried to plead my case, but nobody was going to listen to me, so yeah, there's that." He would take a deep breath, feeling like he was forgetting something rather important. It seemed that his question was answered when he turned back. Oh yeah, the monsters didn't leave without being shoved out the door. The thing had come in to attack the guest and turn him. So now, there were two of those uglies.

" I hate to bring this up, but we might want to get rid of the creatures, unless you all prefer to end up like the other guests," he told everyone. " Don't touch them, whatever you do." For now, the creatures were focused on the little fish creature who was eating, aiming to attack him.

" You can see me. I'm going to have a new best friend," Beetlejuice replied with a smile. His smile however faded when those ugly monsters attacked his new friend. He growled and would punch the monsters back. To everyone expect Eros and Levi, the monster just seemed to be scared away on its own.

"
I know that none of you have any reason to trust me, but if someone can say the word Beetlejuice three times in a row, spoken and unbroken, that would be great."

Passionlip would have no trouble finding the locked door once she left the main entrance.. Aside from the fact that Eros's bedroom door was open, the giant neon signs pointing to the library above and the staircase indicated there was only one other option. The door at the end of the hall.... which also had a giant sign pointed out it was locked. How awfully thoughtful of the house's designer. Now how did Passionlip intend to get that door open?

@Jeremi @Locked Door

Therefore, Honda took off to that library the guy was talking about. Probably didn't have much time to read every book, but hey. Had to start somewhere!

When Noah and Honda would be traveling up to the library, they would hear somebody reading a book. " If you ever find yourself trapped in this house, know not to trust Eros Valentino. He acts off of desires and needs it to survive. The purpose of the house is to starve the primal god. Eros's list of known desire crimes are..." The man would look up when he heard them approach. God, he wasn’t a fan of meeting new people." Uhh- hi."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Library

Passionlip didn't like how destructive her powers could be but the situation she had been trapped in was dire enough that at this point she didn't care. Her powers allowed her to "crush" anything that fits into the palm of her hand. Even in the metaphorical sense. So she reached out with her hand so it was fitted right in the middle.

With that done she pressed her massive hand into a fist intending to crush the door in front of her.

@Lucky @Locked Door

Pedro Pena

Pedro had no clue what to make of the guy flipping him off when all he said was hi. God, he was rude. Attractive, but rude. Huh- kind of like how Billy was when they first met.

Noah would find that most of the books were about Eros, which wasn't exactly helpful. However sandwiched between the two books was a book entitled The Key.

" Hi. Yeah, I was just reading from a book that was just laying on the table. It's called " The Reason why Eros is Stuck here". Title seems a bit over the top, but it's the only one that covers the topic while the others are just the dude's history. Don't know who Eros is, when I got here, nobody was here, so I grabbed some food, passed out for a bit after wondering up here and just started reading this now. I'm Pedro," he added.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Library

" Yeah, that is exactly right. I am not sure that this was the best idea, but it beats being those things snacks. I can't afford to los- see you get hurt because of me." Eros would take a moment to see if the demon noticed that he had been summoned and was in the realm of the living.

Now everyone was able to see Beetlejuice, a slightly plump demon with green hair and chaotic eyes. The very first thing he did after making sure to punch the ugly again was run over and give Assassin a kiss on the lips. "
Thanks for letting everyone see me, new best friend."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies

Passionlip would find that when she would try to fit her hand in the middle, the door quite literally moved away. It would take a few different tries before she would finally be able to even attempt to get the door to be crushed, but eventually, the door itself would stop moving and it seemed like she would be able to crush the door now.

Before the door could be crushed, it would literally slam into her face. It seemed that the door was a trap.... or at least a fake one.

@Jeremi @Locked Door

"Nice to meet you, Pedro! The name's Edmond!" He walked over to him, looking at the book. "Hey...think you can keep reading? I said I'd help him get outta here but.. don't wanna accidentally help a criminal!"

@Lucky @Capri

---

"Woah! That guy was invisible? And I wasn't even able to detect--mmph!!" And then the now-visible-guy kissed him, making Yan Qing drop all his food. Well! That was awful friendly. "Hey, you're welcome!" He smiled, seeming not to think too much on the whole kiss. I mean, hey. Weren't there places where people greet each other through 'em? "Why were you invisible, anyway? Like I was saying, I can usually detect things like that, so...what makes you different?"

@Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

"

@Jeremi @Locked Door

@Yun Lee @Capri @Library

"?" Tilting his...er whole body, Levi gave a chirp of confusion for a moment, before perking up and bobbing up and down a few times.

42daa4c833e3a6c1ed01f4d3a1c6cc05d6fd87bd.jpg

He didn't seem to mind Beetlejuice's company at least, and happily went between eating and circling around the demon.

Levi squeaked in surprise as it was attacked, and quickly grew larger to defend himself, snapping his teeth filled beak at the monsters hoping to scare them away as Beetlejuice punched them.

Pedro Pena

Pedro had no clue what to make of the guy flipping him off when all he said was hi. God, he was rude. Attractive, but rude. Huh- kind of like how Billy was when they first met.

Noah would find that most of the books were about Eros, which wasn't exactly helpful. However sandwiched between the two books was a book entitled The Key.

" Hi. Yeah, I was just reading from a book that was just laying on the table. It's called " The Reason why Eros is Stuck here". Title seems a bit over the top, but it's the only one that covers the topic while the others are just the dude's history. Don't know who Eros is, when I got here, nobody was here, so I grabbed some food, passed out for a bit after wondering up here and just started reading this now. I'm Pedro," he added.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Library

" Yeah, that is exactly right. I am not sure that this was the best idea, but it beats being those things snacks. I can't afford to los- see you get hurt because of me." Eros would take a moment to see if the demon noticed that he had been summoned and was in the realm of the living.

Now everyone was able to see Beetlejuice, a slightly plump demon with green hair and chaotic eyes. The very first thing he did after making sure to punch the ugly again was run over and give Assassin a kiss on the lips. "
Thanks for letting everyone see me, new best friend."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies

Passionlip would find that when she would try to fit her hand in the middle, the door quite literally moved away. It would take a few different tries before she would finally be able to even attempt to get the door to be crushed, but eventually, the door itself would stop moving and it seemed like she would be able to crush the door now.

Before the door could be crushed, it would literally slam into her face. It seemed that the door was a trap.... or at least a fake one.

@Jeremi @Locked Door

Saki wasn't quite sure what to make of his familiar suddenly being attacked, and didn't have much time to answer Yan Qing's earlier question either. Giving a brief flick of his wrist and causing four sheets of what appeared to be glass to appear, two on either sides of the monsters. With another flick, said sheets would slam into the creatures to keep them in place with crushing force.

"I don't take too kindly to my familiar being attacked." He grunted under his breath as said familiar rushed to it's master and returned to his normal size to hide in Saki's suit jacket.

Michiko, meanwhile, kept her distance to let the other deal with the monsters for now.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

"I don't like this one bit. Is this a prank or another surreal crossover?"

A bespectacled boy walks up within the crowd, a little confused. Though, he helps himself to the food.

"I'm afraid I wasn't invited. Why am I here?"

@Lucky

NOAH MAXWELL
Noah took out The Key from the bookshelf and flipped through it’s pages.

“Let’s hope this is something good that can get me out of here...” Noah muttered underneath his breath.

@Lucky @Yun Lee

Pedro Pena

Pedro smiled at him. " It's nice to meet you too Edmond, yeah, sure, I can keep reading. " Pedro would find his spot and continue. " Eros's known list of desire crimes include not stopping the desire of his nephew to rape his mother, not stopping the desire of a man who advocated the genocide of an entire race and not stopping any desire that harmed other people and passively encouraging them. Pedro paused for a moment. " These sounds like that these were all other people wanted and he just didn't stop them..... how is that his fault?"

Noah would find no information in the book, but a melody would start to play in his head.

The lyrics " The key within you, the key within you" would repeat before it would switch to " The key in you." Noah would find himself coughing on something in his throat. If he would attempt to spit it out, a small key would land in his hands.

@Capri @Yun Lee

Beetlejuice was happy that his new friend didn't mind that he had kissed him and smiled as he dropped all of the food on im. " Well, that is a very good question and I have the answer to that. I'm a demon who was cast out into the world of living, but I was made invisible by my mom. She didn't like my spirit or demeanor and made me invisible to anyone expect gods and familiars and sometimes people who believe in the strange, so goths. It has been so lonely.... also, you look a decade older than earlier."

The monsters would be pinned between the glass and as that happened, Beetlejuice would grab the two pieces of glass and fling them out the door. " I think that would be called a strike in most cultures," he replied back to him, looking over at Eros.

Eros took a deep breath. "
Well, now that mess is over, it seems that not many options are left. Honestly, Mr. Beetlejuice has sustained me with enough desire for a moment, he seems to be attracted to anything with legal range here. That being said, I do want to get out of this prison. As I said before, there's a library and a locked door. I also just remembered that there is also a cellar that I have never looked into. Also..... please don't eat the food. It's half normal and half enchanted with side effects. Would someone like to fill in the boy for me?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Sark @Crow

Last edited:
Noah picked up the key that he coughed out. His coughing was something he was used to. This is definitely some Observer level bullshit right here.

He muttered a “What the fuck?”

Noah remembered something that Eros said before, that there is a library, a bedroom, and a locked door.

Quickly, Noah ran out of the room and towards the locked door.

@Lucky

"A decade older...?" The Hell? "Wait, the food changes how I look? I wanna change back to how I was! Nobody's gonna date me if I look like some old geezer!"

@Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow

---

"What the...well that's stupid! It's no one's job to be your keeper!" Man, he'd read Greek myths here and there, and even then he thought a lot of those gods were real jerks. Seeing it in action now? Yeah, he would definitely help this guy out, then. Honda looked over to Noah. "Hey, did you find any-he's gone!" He looked back to Pedro. "Should we go after him or what?"

@Lucky @Capri

"

@Jeremi @Locked Door

@Yun Lee @Capri @Library

“Ah!” Tears welled up from the sudden slam into her face, more out of surprise rather than pain, though it still did hurt. Dejected by having been bullied by an inanimate object and a red mark on her forehead she dejectedly made her way towards the library, maybe they had better luck?

Passionlip felt it was best to keep away from Yan Qing for the time being. He seemed like bad news…not to mention very rude.

"A decade older...?" The Hell? "Wait, the food changes how I look? I wanna change back to how I was! Nobody's gonna date me if I look like some old geezer!"

@Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow

---

"What the...well that's stupid! It's no one's job to be your keeper!" Man, he'd read Greek myths here and there, and even then he thought a lot of those gods were real jerks. Seeing it in action now? Yeah, he would definitely help this guy out, then. Honda looked over to Noah. "Hey, did you find any-he's gone!" He looked back to Pedro. "Should we go after him or what?"

@Lucky @Capri

“Um hello?” Passionlip peeked into the library doing her best to not destroy anything with her massive claws. “The door was a trick…” She replied sadly to the people in the library. “But it’s okay, it paid for being unhelpful.”

@Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky

Honda looked up as a new person joined them. Seeing how sad she looked, the sumo gave her a smile. "A trick door, huh? Wonder why he'd point that out to us then. Eros doesn't seem to be a jerk like that..." He shrugged. They had a whole day to figure this nonsense out, right? Not like tgey should sweat it too much! Besides, cheering this girl up felt like a good short-term priority. "The name's Edmond, miss, and this is Pedro. What's your name?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

Honda looked up as a new person joined them. Seeing how sad she looked, the sumo gave her a smile. "A trick door, huh? Wonder why he'd point that out to us then. Eros doesn't seem to be a jerk like that..." He shrugged. They had a whole day to figure this nonsense out, right? Not like tgey should sweat it too much! Besides, cheering this girl up felt like a good short-term priority. "The name's Edmond, miss, and this is Pedro. What's your name?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

The old man seemed friendly at least. "P-Passionlip, sir." She bowed her head. "It's a pleasure to meet you." She looked up at him. "What are you doing here? Have you found anything that can help us?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Huh. Weird name, but he'd heard weirder! "Uh...I think so? We learned that our host is being locked up here pretty unfairly, and another guy who was with us started coughing and then just ran off! No idea what he was doing, though..."

@Jeremi @Lucky

Pedro Pena

Pedro smiled at him. " It's nice to meet you too Edmond, yeah, sure, I can keep reading. " Pedro would find his spot and continue. " Eros's known list of desire crimes include not stopping the desire of his nephew to rape his mother, not stopping the desire of a man who advocated the genocide of an entire race and not stopping any desire that harmed other people and passively encouraging them. Pedro paused for a moment. " These sounds like that these were all other people wanted and he just didn't stop them..... how is that his fault?"

Noah would find no information in the book, but a melody would start to play in his head.

The lyrics " The key within you, the key within you" would repeat before it would switch to " The key in you." Noah would find himself coughing on something in his throat. If he would attempt to spit it out, a small key would land in his hands.

@Capri @Yun Lee

Beetlejuice was happy that his new friend didn't mind that he had kissed him and smiled as he dropped all of the food on im. " Well, that is a very good question and I have the answer to that. I'm a demon who was cast out into the world of living, but I was made invisible by my mom. She didn't like my spirit or demeanor and made me invisible to anyone expect gods and familiars and sometimes people who believe in the strange, so goths. It has been so lonely.... also, you look a decade older than earlier."

The monsters would be pinned between the glass and as that happened, Beetlejuice would grab the two pieces of glass and fling them out the door. " I think that would be called a strike in most cultures," he replied back to him, looking over at Eros.

Eros took a deep breath. "
Well, now that mess is over, it seems that not many options are left. Honestly, Mr. Beetlejuice has sustained me with enough desire for a moment, he seems to be attracted to anything with legal range here. That being said, I do want to get out of this prison. As I said before, there's a library and a locked door. I also just remembered that there is also a cellar that I have never looked into. Also..... please don't eat the food. It's half normal and half enchanted with side effects. Would someone like to fill in the boy for me?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Sark @Crow

"Well thanks for letting us know that now." Michiko rolled her eyes, before walking over to the boy in question as he ate and attempted to smack the food out of his hands. Successful or not, she didn't really care.

"Kid, you don't want to eat that. As for not being invited or whatever, we're all stuck here until we can get dates by the end of the day or we turn into big bugs if we try to leave so we've been fucked over." She scowled at the last part, crossing her arms.

36cc0a3c128eb31ee8f1e525ef2498e0921a6f37.jpg

"Ah, so that's why Levi seemed to notice something I couldn't." Saki commented when Beetlejuice mentioned being noticed by gods and familiars. The familiar in question came out of it's hiding place in Saki's suit jacket and made itself comfortable on the man's head as he spoke.

"...how do you happen to forget there's a cellar in the house?" He asked then, glancing to Eros with a raised brow.

@Lucky @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Raynar Saassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back