Interest Check Afterlife (Ghost-Themed Spy/Superhero RP)

DawnsEarlyLight

Welcome.

You’re all probably wondering where you are, or how you came to be here. Maybe some of you already understand. Or maybe some of you at least suspect what has just happened to you.

Either way, I’m afraid there’s no easy way to explain this.

You are dead.

No, this is not a nightmare, or one of those near-death experiences where you’ll wake up and carry on with your lives.

You are all permanently, definitively dead. Your mortal lives have come to an end. I know that may be difficult for some of you to accept, but such is the nature of death itself.

But this is not the end for you. At least, it doesn’t have to be.

You see, normally mortal beings are meant to die naturally once their time has come, and not a moment sooner or later. However, life and death are not always that simple in practice.

Each and every one of you knows this all too well. Some of you were caught up in fatal accidents. Some of you were murdered. Whatever the case may be, none of you were supposed to die yet.

Now, before anyone asks, returning to your mortal lives is no longer an option. All of you are already too far beyond the point of no return. However, in light of your untimely deaths, each of you will be given a choice.

But first, allow us to introduce ourselves.

My name is Aidoneus. I am the Director of the Afterlife Society. Like you, we have each died before our time, and have remained here on the earthly plane. But even in death, we have chosen to put our lost time to good use, eliminating the evils that no force among the living can stop. What exactly this entails may vary at any given moment, Some of our agents choose to guard the realm of the living against the many supernatural dangers that threaten it, be they human spirits who have succumbed to corruption, or non-human spirits seeking to cause as much harm to humanity as they can. Others choose instead to guard the living against each other, stopping those living human criminals who might otherwise be untouchable by mortal authorities: tyrannical governments, organized crime syndicates, serial murderers and rapists, and the like. I offer you the chance to join us in this cause: to help you give meaning to your tragic deaths.

I understand that our work may sound beyond your capabilities right now, but the truth is that you are not as powerless against the threats we face as you may think. You are already dead and can no longer be killed in the mortal sense. No mortal weapon can injure you. You feel no pain, and you are immune to any mortal disease or poison. Your current ‘condition’ has certain other advantages as well. You can become visible and invisible to mortal eyes as you see fit, pass through solid objects as if through air, and sense things that living humans cannot. And as your spirits grow in strength over time, other abilities may gradually reveal themselves to you as well. In addition, the Society will provide any and all training and equipment necessary for whatever situations you may be required to face.

That having been said, each of you will be given as much time as necessary to process your situation, but after that, you will have a choice to make. If you would rather just move on, simply walk into the light behind me and cross over to the afterlife, wherever that may lead you. Or if you are not ready to move on yet, you are free to leave and live out your new existence however you wish, within reason.

Or, if any of you are interested in joining us, follow me to the Recruitment Center.

MORE COMING SOON!

Back