Afterlife OOC Thread (Dawn & Orion)

DawnsEarlyLight

qWZvdTXBGxk054yuV4V7iPTkhXNpLoRE0gyRS1TTlIt7y82ZPDUK39FmoRa6ER7rdJhkAdMNJ2tywxQDkbAgr_53CIUANQmpYnwXEdP-usZI9fRGzy7fBJ0CUUgEKmeZYr-N9vKF

Welcome.

You’re all probably wondering where you are, or how you came to be here. Maybe some of you already understand. Or maybe some of you at least suspect what has just happened to you.

Either way, I’m afraid there’s no easy way to explain this.

You’re dead.

No, this is not a nightmare, or one of those near-death experiences where you’ll wake up and carry on with your lives.

You are all permanently, definitively dead. Your mortal lives have come to an end. I know that may be difficult for some of you to accept, but such is the nature of death itself.

But this is not the end for you. At least, it doesn’t have to be.

You see, normally mortal beings are meant to die naturally once their time has come, and not a moment sooner or later. However, life and death are not always that simple in practice.

Each and every one of you knows this all too well. Some of you were caught in fatal accidents. Some of you were murdered. Whatever the case may be, none of you were supposed to die yet.

Now, before anyone asks, all of you are already too far beyond the point of no return, even for a near-death experience, so returning to your mortal lives is no longer an option. However, in light of your untimely deaths, each of you will be given a choice.

But first, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Aidoneus. I am the Director of the Afterlife Defense Agency. Our purpose is simple; we are authorized to recruit deceased souls like yourselves who have died before their time, and offer them a means to return to the realm of the living in exchange for putting their lost time to good use. What exactly this entails will change over time as you rise through the ranks of the agency, but in short, our agents are trained to handle a wide variety of operations in the realm of the living, ranging from stopping everyday criminals to protecting against more serious supernatural threats.

That may sound too far out of your league for most of you right now, but you are not as powerless against such threats as you may think. You are already dead and can no longer be killed in the mortal sense, nor are you susceptible to any mortal disease or pain, and any conventional injuries you may sustain will promptly repair themselves. Your current ‘condition’ has certain other advantages as well; you can become visible and invisible to mortal eyes as you see fit, pass through solid objects as if through air, and sense things that living humans cannot, among other abilities that may gradually reveal themselves as your spirits grow in strength over time. In addition, the Agency will provide any and all training and equipment necessary for whatever situations you may be required to face.

That having been said, each of you now has a choice to make. If you would rather just move on, simply walk into the light behind me and cross over to the afterlife, wherever that may lead you.

Or, if any of you are interested in joining the Agency, follow me to the Recruitment Center, and we’ll get started.​

Last edited:
COMING SOON

NAME
Alexander Pierce

AGE AT DEATH

CAUSE OF DEATH
Drive-By Shooting

DEPARTMENT
None yet.

RANK
Trainee

SPECIALTY