Akori Academy for a Better Future

Artyom mulled over Lethabo's advice. It was true, he supposed, less was more. While he couldn't quite manage tossing pebbles with the weight of a car quite yet, a pebble with the weight of a baseball and similar speeds would have made an equally excellent projectile. Perhaps it wouldn't have quite the stopping power, but it would be more than enough to get the teacher's attention, maybe even knock him out if he wasn't paying attention. Given Lethabo's apparent experience, however, that seemed quite unlikely. Still, that didn't mean it wasn't good advice.

Trudging back down the hall, Artyom unbuttoned his suit slowly, a tad of disappointment on his face. It was one of his father's old suits, the only one Artyom himself owned, and now it was plastered with a fine layer of dust. He sighed, draping the jacket over his shoulder. The white undershirt underneath had a brown V running down from the collar, and Artyom refused to look at his shoes, not wanting to acknowledge whatever condition they were in. Normally, he wouldn't even be wearing such clothing. He felt much more at ease in jeans and a jacket than anything, but the first day of school was a rather special occasion, and while he didn't regret wearing suit and tie, it was a shame he had to dirty them on the first day.

He breathed deep, and looked around. Most seemed busy, or already gone, though there was another late-leaving straggler a few steps ahead of him who looked decidedly unhappy. Or perhaps it was simply the all black garb he was wearing from head to toe. Either way, Artyom took a few hurried steps to pull alongside him.

"That was quite an interesting introduction the professor made. Slings some stones, sees how we react, and gives advice like he knows every faucet of u. Personally, I don't think he could put all our names to our faces." He commented to Zedkiel, pausing a moment before continuing. "Not that it was all worthless, but it's an interesting way to make a first impression. Can't imagine what classes will be like. Artyom, by the way."

@Draco Shadowdragon

"Next time, I'm not tripping up," Ethan said, punching into his palm. "I'm going to win the next challenge for sure! The name's Ethan. I'm just going around introducing myself. See ya guys around!" He then continued to walk and whistle, trying to find someone else to greet. If I can learn all of these people's names and eventually powers, it'll be a whole lot easier for me!

Luna watched him with mild curiosity before looking back to Kylie. "Maybe he's on the right track. If I'm going to get to know my classmates, I might as well, introduce myself to more than one person. Goodbye!" Then, Luna ran away also, going to find someone else.

@Ver

@UnfortunateSoul ( I needed to send this a few days ago sorry!)

Aurona snickers inside her heavy suit. “ It’s pretty bad to like violence in most cases. However if you’ll settle for pranks I think the first one should be on our teacher. After all he made us look a fool why shouldn’t he see how it feels?’ It’s nice to meet you Alexis!” She declares after she’s given her a few prank ideas. It’s prwtty obvious she has a one track mind that has to go from point a to B before she even acknowledged point C.
“ Actually do you think they’ve got the cafeteria open today? I’m starving after all that.”

"It's only bad if the other people are arse's about it" At this point, Alexis felt like trying to explain would fall on deaf ears as the girl jumped from subject to subject, spitting out words faster than the blue girl could process them. "We can't prank him yet. Need to get to know our surroundings..." At the mention of the cafeteria, her stomach growled. "I hope so. My belly could belch out the national anthem when it's yearning for some chow."

@Draco Shadowdragon

Eugene finishes up his shower and takes his leave into his room, locking the door behind him. He changes into a new set of clothes that he had in his pack before sitting down on his bed. He bounced on the, admittedly soft, piece of furniture before standing up and going through his pack once again and pulls out his cell phone and a notebook. He opens up the device and inside are two contact lens. He holds them in his finger for a second before putting them back into the hallowed out cell phone. He opens the notebook and presses a hidden button on the back of the book's page. A small red dot began to blow where his finger had touched and it blinked until green. Eugene then began to write with his finger on the back of the book's cover, forming words on the page as if it was a tablet.
'I'm in now. What do I do next?' He wrote and pushes the green button, which turned red. The words disappeared and a second later, new words appeared.

'Put on the contacts provided. Take pictures of the facilities, staff and students. Blink once to ready, then blink twice to capture.' The words said and after he finished reading Eugene pushes the dot again to clear the page.

'Alright. I'll do that. Talk to you later.' He wrote.

'Don't forget to tell us all you can about the students and staff. Your freedom will soon await.' The book replied. Eugene frowned slightly and he turned off the book, placing it back into his pack. He takes the contacts out of the cell phone and slowly puts on one, then the other. A quick blink and through the contacts Eugene sees a small cross hare, similar to that of a camera, and in the corner of his eyes is a small red dot that is labeled 'READY'. He blinks twice in quick succession and the dot turns green and the label became 'CAPTURED'. He blinks once more and the green dot turns red and is once again 'READY'.

"Well...time to finally introduce myself to the locals." He said to himself and leaves his room, locking the door and keeping the key rather close by. He looks around for a moment and saw Zadkiel walking around and quickly takes a snap of the young man before calling him over. "Hey you! Emo guy!" He called out, walking over to him. "How're you doing man? Doing good? I mean...I got hit twice in by rocks so I'm just fine tucking fastic right now. You seem like a competant guy though. Why don't we hang out for a bit?"

Aurona nods. With that she takes Alexis’s hand and rushes for the closest lap. Or if there is a sign pointing to the cafeteria she goes for it. She slowly down after a few feet so her new found friend can keep up. After all it’s be bad if her hunger left her in the dust.

They look at the Huge map of the pretty big school. Aurona looks over the map seeing tons of class rooms training rooms and several other buildings like the Gym and the stage for graduation. She moves to the center of the map. “ you think that’s the one?” She asks Alexis
@UnfortunateSoul

Zadkiel hadn't made it far before someone approached him. "I didn't expect the orientation to be like that. For some reason I expected a somewhat normal orientation." He turned his head as he spoke. This guy. Who wears a suit to battle. Oh, right, it wasn't as if anyone knew that they were going to be fighting. "I'm Zadkiel or you can call me Leech if you'd like. If this orientation said anything I imagine classes will be quite interesting."

Before he could say anything else a new person inserted themself into the conversation. Emo kid? Eh, I guess I do look a tad emo. Compared to most in the class he had gotten off easy. "I'm doing good. I managed, just barely, to dodge most of the flying stone disks. I'm Zadkiel by the way," he said addressing the newcomer.

Decisions, decisions, to be lazy or to be indignant. Alexis didn't really like the idea of being dragged around the school like some toddlers sorry-looking stuffed bear, pride gets shaky when you let other people drag you about, but on the other hand the day with all this talking had made her a little tired. Maybe she could just ride it out this one time. Though, there were some rather awkward moments as Alexis was dragged, her elastic arm stretching until it began to resemble a bungie line being pulled around by a boat. Huh, she just needed some water on the floor and she could make a skating game out of it.

"I dunno, does it say that it's the right one?"

@Draco Shadowdragon

"Sup. I'm Eugene. Say...since we're going to spend the next year old two here, why don't we get to know each other some more? Learn a little, give a little, all that bullshit." He suggests, acting more friendly then he was during the spar and the orientation, though unless anyone was looking at him extensively, no one would really catch on.

"Leech, huh? What kind of a power do you have to get that kind of name?" Artyom replied. "I control mass, so I got stuck with the name Anvil for quite a while. It's a flashy little trick. But I didn't see you use yours. It it low key, or got some kind of limitation or..." He trailed off as Eugene approached. He seemed in a better mood than during orientation. Significantly less belligerent, at least. Not waiting for a response from Zadkiel, Artyom clapped Eugene on the shoulder. "Shiny! I see you're holding up well after the fight." He said with a broad grin.

@Emory did I miss your reply? I’m sorry if I have !)
@UnfortunateSoul sorry for the wait!)
Aurona : Doesn’t day at all. I think we should investigate !” She smilies and let’s go if Alexis’s Hand no longer speeding about but instead carefully opening the door to the school’s humongous kitchen and shaking with excitement. She pokes her head back out the door.
“ All the good stuff is in here! Including the teacher’s lunches! You gotta see!”
Aurona slides back into the kitchen and goes for the closest fridge.

Jack's subtle grin persisted as Tolliilian inquired about his shoulder. "Oh this," he said, eyeing his shoulder. "It's nothing, I'm sure I'll be good in no time." Thinking about what she had said about her powers he thought back to the lesson with Lethabo. "Speaking of powers I didn't see you out there so I have no idea what your power is. So what makes you so... special?" He emphasized the last word as if he somehow felt it wasn't the proper word.
Found it! I’m so sorry buddy! And here I was waiting on you!)
Tolliilian stops for a moment. Almost freezing up. Red danger indicators flashing in her mind. Should she trust him? Was he suppose to be her confidant ? She had come here to confirm or deny a hypothesis however what was the nature of his Inquiry.... Should she lie and tell him she had some kind of super computing ability? The way he said special.... it was off and odd.
She opened her mouth like a flood gate. “ Will you be my friend my confidant? Someone who’s can relay my theories and ideas to? Can you work well with others so we can beat me Lethabo next time? Are you secretly an agent trying to figure me out?” She huffed in air calming down her rapid fire questions as her mouth tried to keep up with her mind.

“ What I want to tell you is I have a “Ability” that’s caused by this dreadful virus, that makes me super smart however that’s not true. I rather don’t like my ability. Or Any of these, to be honest. However I suppose mine is useful enough.”

If the poor lad somehow understood the first wave of the Rapid fire chater box, then she’d stop think some more and finally break down to tell him.
“ Alright my power let’s me, how do I say this....... fine maybe a demonstration is in order yes?” She’d get right up in Jack’s face. She completely Violates his personally space in fact.
“ Catch me.” She’d day before falling forward. And instead of falling into him, she’d fall straight through him. Like a ghost. He has no sensation of her going through his body. She stepped through him like it was a horror movie. She’d then precede to walk through some bench’s and other small things for him before comming back and watching his reaction closely.
“ In layman’s terms I go through things. Anywhere from part of my body to my whole body. For at most Five minutes. I can turn it on or off at will. The timer partially resets after each use. But if I flicker the duration goes down. At least that’s what my tests have concluded. How about you?”

Or in the other case if he’s utterly baffled by her gibberish she stops and slowly retells Jack what she’s said and waits for an answer.

A straight up no will mean he’ll have to be very persuasive

@SedentaryCobra

Eugene sees that guy who was ordering him around during the battle and he put on a false smile and acted with faux friendliness. "Hey you! You're doing great, how've you been after the spar? You look great....you.What's your name again?" He asked and blinked a couple times to take a picture of the man.

As Tolliilian spewed forth a barrage of questions Jack's expression changed from jovial to slightly taken aback. "Woah slow down," he interjected, his lip curling upwards on one side.

She continued, demonstrating her powers before describing them in detail, and ended with a question directed towards him. Brushing himself off from the unnerving sensation, or lack thereof, of having the girl pass through his body Jack smiled charmingly and mentally pushed aside Tolliilian's inherent awkwardness. "Well, you kinda got a demonstration during the spar. My specialty is umbrakinesis, the manipulation of shadows and darkness. I can manipulate shadows to act as a camouflage, form solid objects from shadows, and apparently I can briefly morph into shadows as you just witnessed."

He paused very briefly after that last statement, considering just how much he should reveal to this stranger before electing to continue. "I'm also working on shadow teleportation. I'm still having trouble controlling the final destination and I've been using it more on an instinctual survival basis so it's currently a work in progress."

Suddenly it occured to Jack that he didn't even know this girl's name. His eyes hit the floor and momentarily remained stuck in that position accompanied by a sheepish grin. "Oh, where are my manners?" he blurted out. "We haven't been properly introduced. His uninjured hand extended towards the girl and his eyes finally met hers. "I'm Jack Holloway," he said, his smile broadening towards his new acquaintence.

Alexis, instead of waiting patiently like a sensivle person, decided that her curiosity and hunger mattered more than logic and tried to hoist herself up and over the careful Aurona to push the door open more and shove her face in. "Lemme see, lemme see!" This would prove awkward for her when Aurona pushed into the kitchen, either taking Alexis on a piggy back ride or ending up with the blue girl face planting into the floor.

Tollian whipped out her note book and jotted down very explicit notes about Jack’s umbra kenisis. She nods along when he mentions his problems teleporting.
“Oh I’d love to help you with your powers! I’m sure we can work on them together! And we can use the power of science to find what conditions or trigger improves your power they most!” She is absolutely bubbly inside thinking about possibilities and althe tests that would happen. She snaps our as he introduces himself.
“ Oh I’m Tolliilian! ( Toe lil Ian ) And it is an absolute pleasure to meet you and make you my very first friend!” She grips his hand and shakes it happily.

Aurona stops as she feels Alexis climbing on her. She smilies and hooks her arms under her legs and deflated her suit so she can be a shortie and run through the door.
“ RAWR BEWARE THE TWRRIBLE DOUBLE HOBLIN!” She declares to all the appliances and kitchen as the two storm the fridge.
@Emory @UnfortunateSoul

Zadkiel replied to Artyom, "I couldn't use my power during the spar. My power is only useful if I can make skin to skin contact with someone. The reason I'm called Leech is because I drain people of their energy and turn it into strength when I recieve it." He glanced down at the ground before quickly turning his attention to Eugene. "So what's your power? I didn't really have a lot of time to see everyone's."
@ChelonianCommander @SedentaryCobra

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT A HOBLIN IS, BUT LETS GOOOO!" She pumped her fist into the air like a raised sword, poised to lead the charge atop her trusty 'steed' into the dangerous minefield of forks and spoons. "TO THE FOOD!" As they passed by, Alexis grabbed any available forks and started banging them against her metal parts like war drums. "...I'm lost. Where we go, Balloon Girl?"

Aurona thought and began to bang pots and pans together to add to the beat of the war dance. Clashing and banging making a cacophony of noises. Aurona began to step with the beat and danced her way towards the further back where they’d keep all the chips and cookies and other pantry items
“WE GO THIS WAY

Back