Alien Species Generator

CripplingDepression

Almighty Lord of Succ
This is the Alien Species Generator. To use this, please fill out some ideas you need and post it in a reply.
For example:
Joe: I need some sort of eyes that would fit well on a bug-like creature.
Me: Maybe seven large bug eyes that are found at the top of the head - two on the top and bottom, three in the middle.

Need ideas for the head and torso of a large, chitinous creature. It's body is mostly snake-like, but instead of slithering along the ground it hauls itself forward on two massive claw-like "arms." I'm flexible about the appearance of the head, but I want the torso to incorporate some significantly unique structure. Only current idea is a sort of open rib cage covered by a mass of tentacles. The overall appearance I'm going for is an ancient entity recently awakened from a less than healthy slumber.

First off, the fact that seems hungry for meat and thirsty for blood could give it a very hard, beetle-like head that is colored black. Its eyes are something like a cat's, and the pupils are always constricted and almost red. The teeth should be very long and very sharp to make up for its huge mouth. The tongue should be a bluish-green color, as well. The torso should be scaled and striped black and dark green, and it should be thick near the head until near the end of the torso, where it starts to shrink like a tadpole. The claws should be extra sharp and quite long, but unlike the torso, the hand parts should be leathery.

That sounds pretty badass, but I probably should have given more specifics about my needs. See the species is nearly extinct, with only one known living specimen. Said specimen is somewhat antagonistic towards humans and other existing alien species, but it is still "one of the good guys," and its appearance should reflect civility marred by time rather than savagery. Are you familiar with the Mass Effect series?

That's disappointing. I spent quite some time on that description, but quite a few scales could be broken down, the head cracked in some places, a few chipped teeth, wrinkled hands, and darker or less vivid colors.
And yes, I'm aware of the Mass Effect series, but have no knowledge about it other than the fact that it's in the Sci-Fi genre.

Alright, don't worry about it then.
Now that I'm looking over it again I could still use most of this. I like the beetle-like head, but I'll forgo the teeth and tongue for two sets of mandibles. I'll change the eyes to a simple pair of glowing blue slits and color the whole creature black. I think that would could work pretty well.

Back