Maximillian was about to respond with a hearty you're welcome to the honest praise. It was a rare thing that he had been given thanks anywhere in his life. But it seemed that his teenage mind decided that he wasn't allowed to forgot the trauma that he worked so hard as an adult to surpress. Why couldn't the mind of his younger self do the exact same thing that his teen self did and make itself forgot? Why did it have to show his one weakness that he refused to acknowledge was his. But no, it couldn't do that. It just had to make his life more diffcult. Years of therapy were so not worth the money.

It would have been so easy to lie to her and say he was fine. It was what he had done to everyone else who asked him when he was fine. But there was something in her tone that gave him much pause. Unlike other people who asked this question, she seemed to be genuinely interested in what he was about to say. " No, I'm not alright. I hadn't considered that when I made myself younger.... something..." His face would continue to release tears, much to his chagrin. He just wanted to forgot about the time that he was kidnapped and tortured and.... and.... no, don't think about it. " Incredibly traumatic that made me the way I am now."

@nico

Back