Lucky

But We Were Happy
Some places were easy to find a map. Others were more difficult and you needed a GPS. The place you were at now, the Good Will had never been in that spot before. There was something about it that compelled you to enter, almost as if it was a siren call, luring you in with promises of what could be or maybe you just got really lucky once and went in and bought jeans that had twenty dollar bills in them and you browsed every Good Will ever since. We don't judge.

When the first person entered the Good Will, they would be greeted by a man who looked like he could use some food, built like a sickly tree that hadn't been watered in a few days. " Welcome to Good Will. I'm Bair, so what did you come in here to look for?" He asked. For some reason, the minute he asked what you were looking for, you felt the urge to bare down your deep wishes..... or maybe his name just did that. It was hard to tell.

Bair would look up at the second person who would walk in and then back at the first person. " Please take a number and I'll be with you next," he replied, looking to see two more men walk in. One would wait patiently behind the second person, but the other would look at Bair,

" I would like to be helped right now," the ruder man replied.

" Please..... wait your turn....." It looked like Bair could use some help as the man was shooting daggers at him.

@nico @Alex Azure

Charlie took in the men standing with an abrasive air about them. There was something much less enchanting about them as opposed to the entrancing nature of the man behind the counter. Despite the lack of a connection between Charlotte and Bair, she felt the need to defend him. Maybe it was his sickly, skinny body that made her want to stop things from going south, or maybe it had something to do with the odd aura of the place as a whole. Regardless she took a deep breath and spoke. "Sir," Charlotte interrupted softly, "we were just having a small conversation. I doubt twenty seconds would put you far behind schedule. Besides, there's no need to be rude to him; he's just doing his job.

"I'm Charlotte, I-," she struggled to keep a sane, generic thought. She swallowed back the desires that clawed their way up her throat and tapped on her tongue as if begging her to spill her guts to Bair, and the feeling alone made her head spin. Every negative thought that inspired a cry for help when she was alone and up late at night rose to the surface. She could feel the pressure of tears against the back of her eyes, and at that moment she would've done anything to be anywhere else or anyone else. Despite this whirlwind in her mind, she managed to flash a smile at Bair, hoping it would help ease the tension in the store, as well as assist her in keeping quiet about her personal issues and wishes. However, before she could fully cork her thoughts the words came spilling out. "I just want to love myself for once," her hands flew to cover her mouth, as tears began streaming down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, you just asked, and I-" her voice cracked and she gave up on explaining herself.

@Lucky

Last edited:
The man would turn back to her and look her up and down for a moment. She would be able to clearly see that he came from some sort of money between his good model like looks and the expensive suit that he was wearing, along with the way that his hair was styled so perfectly as possible.

alexis+papas+14.jpg

He seemed about as uninterested as possible. " Do you even know who I am? Judging by the way that you are talking to me, I am guessing no. My name is Maximillian Iourdanou III, the son of one of the wealthiest man in this country, you know, Nicholas Iourdanou, son of the oil tycoon Justin Iourdanou,, so no, I don't have twenty seconds to wait my turn. And no, you may not fucking call me Max. I need my request done as quickly as possible. I am sure that whatever you want is frivolous at best and not as undoable as my task. He should learn how to do his job faster than. I have never seen slower customer service in my life and I have been to high end stores during Christmas Eve. So, if that is all, buzz the fuck off."

Bair would look over at her, wondering whose desires would be fulfilled first. It seemed while the rich douche knew that he could do magical things, he would not be the one to take the first words and for that Bair was relieved. The last thing he wanted was to be stuck him. He would look over at the girl. " I think I have just the thing for yo-" He would not be able to finish his sentence as the man who hadn't directly spoken his request but was rude finally found his voice.

" I'm sorry, love yourself. That's what you want? That's the fucking frivolous thing that you can achieve. I want to turn back the clock a little, give myself more time before I turn 30, just one more day as a carefree youth.... oh and hazel eyes."

Bair would look over at his phrasing and he knew that what the man wanted was to go back to his early 20s or so, bac to the age where the world was his, but he also decided a long time ago that the man's request was going to be botched. " I have this bottle that can brin-" Maximillian would snatch the bottle and down the whole thing. " Oh no.... please don't drink it... the whole bottle will turn you 17 again. Oh no, I am so sorry that got botched up," he dryly replied.

" You.... did.... that.... on purpose...." Maximillian replied, looking more and more like a teenage boy ( but one in a fancy suit nonetheless) with each passing second.

c3050d8c066bfde75570bd695dec7ec1.jpg

Bair would turn back to Charlotte. " Now I was saying, I have just the thing for you..... but if I may impose a bit, normally, the price is paid later, but I need someone to watch Rich Max-"

"
Maximillian."

"
So can you do that as your wish is granted?" He asked.

@nico

Charlie backed away slightly as the man in front of her became far younger than he had appeared before. "Watch him? Like, babysit him? I mean, I guess I can, but I would like to know exactly how invasive this babysitting job will be on my life before I accept."

She tilted her head a bit. "I wonder if his ego shrunk with his body," she mumbled before stifling a laugh. "I suppose coming from a rich family you're used to getting your way. Unfortunately, your inability to listen to instructions and be patient has gotten you here Max, and this time daddy won't be able to pay anyone off to fix this will he?"

Normally, Charlotte wouldn't be so rude to a stranger, but after the way he had acted, she felt justified in her words. After all, everything that she had said felt like the truth as far as she could see. Maybe it would be something she regretted saying later, but the reality of it was, his inability to function like a normal person had become a burden on her since she was asked to watch him.

@Lucky

Bair figured it was a very reasonable reaction to back away the man when he was suddenly becoming younger out of the blue. " Yes, watch him as babysit him. I can't honestly scale it as I don't know much about how he was as a teen. Somehow I think it will be worse, but it will take at least a sleep cycle or two before his mind reverts. So slightly invasive."

Maximillian would look over at him. " I do not have an ego to shrink with my body." He would cross his arms, ignoring her and glaring at her when she called him Max. He hated being called Max. He hated it. " My name is Maximillian...... and I don't need my dad's money to fix it. I have my own now," he snarkily replied back to her. He had caught what Bair had said. " Wait- my mind will be regressing too..... THAT'S NOT FAIR."

Bair didn't miss a beat as he looked at him. " Life isn't fair, Max. Your wish was vague as it was. At no point did you specify that you didn't want to have a younger mind, so that is on you. And you did interrupt someone who was ahead of you. You got your wish, but it came with a price. You at least got the hazel eyes you wanted, so be thankful for that. As for you, Charlie, I do have the thing for you. Give me one second to get it."

@nico

She nodded in agreement. "Since I am assuming this process of babysitting until your mind goes back is going to require you staying with me, I can call you Max. Oh, and since you're a teenager and don't look like your ID you won't be able to access said money. Credit card payments don't seem to work here, at least not for the reason you would need them to work."

Charlotte turned to lean against the counter while keeping her eyes trained on the boy. Maybe I should just go home and sleep. This all seems a bit strange, but Max did walk in here knowing that these services were offered which means that I am the naive one. Still, what an odd trip. All because I wanted to look through cheap sweatshirts and maybe get a CD.

@Lucky

Last edited:
Maximillian would look over at her. " I really don't like your tone..... and I still don't like being called Max. You also presume that I am going to walk into a bank. I can just use my debit card to withdraw-"

"
What's your pin number?" Bair asked interpreting Maximillian.

" It's......." Maxmillian would trail off for a moment. " I don't know it. What did you do to it?" He asked, realizing that he was indeed cut off from his funds.

" If you didn't just drink the potion and actually waited your turn, I would have explained thatt drinking the potion takes away memory first before reverting to a younger state. I would have told you to write important thins down. Because like most magic, it comes with a price. To give an authentic recreation like you waned, it would revert you back to your teen years with a bit of amnesia. But enough knowledge to fulfill your wish and live a good few days. I also would told you that you only needed as many as sips as days. So a single sip would have been fine. You gulped down about a month worth. Which concidently is also the time peroid that Miss Charlotte needs for hers to work. Here is yours. You don't need to do anything with it. It will change colors when it is ready, but the exact process takes about 30 days. As for payment...... you'll find out in a month.."

@nico

Great, so I am to wait for what I want which I can live with. What I'm not sure I can live with is a narcissistic teenager. "Does he have to remain in my care for the entire month? Of course," she looked Max over, "I understand why, but is there no other way? Is there anything specifically that I should look out for that may resurface in his memory or will he have enough recall of what's happening now to not engage in any old habits?"

A part of her felt guilty for rattling off questions at Bair, but she felt like she had the right to do so. After all, he had just given her the responsibility of caring for a teenager despite her being young herself. At least she still had a vivid enough image in her head of what teenage boys were like to know the basics of what to expect. It was a shame he couldn't access his funds at least to pay for his own stuff because she was now also responsible for funding the next month of his life which was far less than desirable.

Bair would look her over for a moment. " Yes, in order for your potion to work, he has to be in your care for the whole month. Though, I have a feeling that by the end of the month, you might need it at all. There is going to be a memory that triggers his regression back to how he is now. That being said, the memory actually defines how he became the entitled rich asshole that he is now. People are changed by moments in their life and Max is no exception, so you won't be dealing with him in the way you think. I don't know how he was as a teen, but I know it is different. That much is information that I can give you."

Maximillian would look over at them, wondering what could have changed him. There wasn't exactly- Oh- Oh. What Bair was talking about hit him like a ton of bricks. " T-t-that...." He would be cut off by his own memories flooding back... as he would look down and close his eyes. Just forgot it.... everything was going to be okay. It had to be okay, it wasn't like he could truly forget something that traumatic. No magic in the world could take away the pain and trauma that formed him into who he was. He was sure of that as sure as the sky was blue.

"Also my employer isn't a monster..." He handed Charlie a piece of paper with some numbers. " That's his pin. Drain his funds a bit..... you are going to have to take care of him. Is there anything else you need? Otherwise, I think you are all ready to go."

@nico

A part of her wanted to inquire about the incident, but she knew better than to do so. "I don't think there's anything else I would need to know in order to take care of him. I suppose we will just have to learn how to live in this way for the time needed," she shrugged. The whole situation, a bit odd in nature, was rich in terms of morality. She would feel bad if she denied taking this confused man trapped in the body of his younger self in, and she felt like living with him would just make her a better, more understanding person.

"If we need to stop anywhere on the way to my place, let me know. Otherwise, we can head straight there and figure out what you need to make it through this month with me. Sound good?" She turned to Max with her arms crossed over her chest.

Bair would look over at her and figured that there would be time for her to realize that it might have been better if she had asked other questions, even if it wasn't about the incident. There were things that should have been asked, but he had learned that nobody asked the questions and it was against his employee contract to give more help then the people needed. " Only other thing that I can think is this," he replied, handing her Max's Wallet and a set of car keys. " That stuff is moved, so the magic doesn't mess with them. Otherwise, I'll see you in a month. NEXT!"

Max would look over at her. " There isn't anything else that I can think of before we go to your home. I mean, I'm hungry, but I assume that you have food in your home. Oh.... don't scratch up my car," he replied. As the duo would walk out, it would be very obvious what car was missing. It was an expensive Silver Mercedes..... parking illegally in at least three different ways.

@nico @Alex Azure

"I'm not a reckless driver," she rolled her eyes at him, "if you are fine with fast food in your precious car I don't care. We can pick something up." Based on the way he had acted and overall carried himself she knew the car was going to be expensive, but when she saw it the reality finally set in. Sure, she had never been in an accident, but it still scared her to be in someone else's car, especially one like the one that Max drove. Of course, the money to fix it should something happen would be no problem for Max to get, but there was no reason to have to pay that money as long as she drove carefully.

"How long have you owned this car? Don't tell me how much you pay or paid for it," she asked as she held open the door.

@Lucky

Maximillian would look over at her. " I have never met you before this good will meeting. I tell everyone who handles my car the same thing, it's better this way. I mean, fast food might ruin the seat, but as long as we don't eat it in a car, I believe it would be fine to have it in the car. Just don't let any of the fucking grease get onto the seat, that stuff is a bitch to get it." It was obvious that Maximillian still wasn't used to being younger than her based on the language he had just used. It was hard to tell if he was always this rude to women or if it was just in regards.... though, it hardly mattered, now did it?

" Since I was about the age I look now, my dad got it as my gift for passing my driver's test. No idea what he paid for it." Based on how old Max had looked, it was safe to assume the car was between six to eight years old.... though it hardly looked it.

@nico

"Oh, lovely," she took a deep breath. It was going to be a long adjustment period, and it was only just beginning. "You can set it on your lap or on the floor mat at your feet that way the surface is easier to clean. Just let me know what you want because you're certainly not going to be the one driving us anywhere. No offense," she offered a tight-lipped smile as she unlocked the car. "To be honest, if the store wasn't run by the man it is, I would've been entirely confused about why someone like you would end up there. You seem like you get everything and anything you want, of course, it would help if you paid attention to rules, but you don't usually worry about those it seems. Easy to get out of something when you have money I suppose."

@Lucky

Maximillian would look back at her. " Yeah, no, I'm not putting that greasy food anywhere near these pants. They are cashmere and would be ruined by them. Do you know how fucking hard it is to get grease stains out of cashmere? It would take forever. The mat is designer and I would never put anything so vile on it...... I can't even remember the last time I had fast food. Probably before I got my car though." He would slide into the passenger seat and look over at the cup holder, remembering that he kept some cash there. He decided to not mention tat, moving his hand under it and getting it. " I mean, rules do matter.... sometimes. It depends on the circumstance.... though having everything isn't all it is cracked up to be, can't remember the last real friend I had."

@nico

"We can get food delivered or I can cook then," she put her seatbelt on and started the car up. "I'm sure. It's most likely prejudice from some people assuming that you act a certain way because you have this money, and I think you act a bit more....snobbish than you think you do. Not to be rude, but if the circumstances were different and I met you in the regular world, I would be turned off of your personality because of the way you act. That's what got you in this situation after all isn't it?"

@Lucky

Maximillian crinkled his nose at both prospects. He always found that delivery was for cheap and poor people.... and he didn't have confidence in her cooking ability. " I'll take the delivery.....I just won't post it on my instagram.... or facebook or any place where anyone can see it. " He would look over at her for a moment, uncertain on how to respond to her question. " I mean, I guess, it might be what got me into this situation, but I can't change who I am.... I've been like that since I was about this age...." He trailed off, leaving something unsaid.

@nico ( Sorry about the delay)

"That doesn't mean this is how you have to be forever. You probably see no issue with your behavior which is why you pretty much refuse to change anything; in your own eyes your perfect. As for the posting, I would prefer that you don't post anything during this period of time. One, because you will be in my house, and two because if someone sees even a glimpse of you I can only believe the issues that would bring up." Both of her hands were tight on the wheel as they pulled up to a red light, the light flicking green not too soon after.

Maximillian would looked over at her. " It may be true that I don't have to be like this forever, but it's the way that gets me the most out of life. Everything else makes me a pushover in the eyes of other people. I would never consider myself perfect, I'm not that vain. I imagine explaining why I am a decade younger would just make most people assume that someone kidnapped my phone. You don't look rich.... so what type of house am I exactly staying in?" He asked, not realizing how smug that sounded. Or maybe he did. It was hard to tell with him.

@nico

Charlie sighed and rolled her eyes, "A 2 bedroom apartment except the second bedroom is my office, so I suppose you'll be stuck on my couch. Such a shame." She knew that her words probably sounded harsh, but it was clear to her that playing nice wasn't exactly working out here. "In regards to being a pushover in the eyes of others why would you even care about their opinion? You're rich, you think you're a hot shot. You have the option to live however you may want, yet you decide to be an asshole because you think that's what people want. Please, don't be ridiculous."

@Lucky

Back