Altsoba School of Sorcery

Still looking for rpers?
if so i do have a question- Fauna, is it to control living things? make them as if a conjuring or summon magic? if its to control or manipulate them could make a small seedling into a towering tree or turn a fawn into some hellish nightmare monster?

if its to create or conjure living things fauna in its extreme or maybe more base would just be to control/create life and thus its counter element death/decay would be able to be used or gain

This line of questions being--> Can i make a character who is trying to become a lich or some forum of undead due to a fear of death thus would go to this place to seek out hidden knowledge and secrets to feed his self destructive pursuit.

Hello! Yes, we are still accepting/recruiting players.

Fauna is not about control of living things, but rather about a connection with animals, specifically; they don't talk to the animals, but they just have a connection that results in animals taking a natural liking to those with the fauna gift. There is an ability to summon an animal, but once the spell is complete it simply vanishes rather than like... running off. If you look at our main thread you can see an example of this on page 6. However, Fauna cannot control living things. The most they can do would be similar to warging, if you are familiar with GOT, but that takes a lot of practice and skill and not something that would be easily achieved by a high school age student.

... That said, theoretically you could still have a character attempting to become some form of the undead. Just remember they would be in high school and so I don't know how seriously they would take it at that point? Also, it would be considered Dark Magic and thus forbidden, so it would be something that the character would have to keep top secret (while sharing a dorm with three other people). If it's something you're really wanting to do as a character concept, I'm definitely willing to talk it out with you. :>

Also, I'm not sure if the link got buried somewhere, but here is the IC thread, if you want to take a look. There is a lot of additional information in the tabs.

Hello! Yes, we are still accepting/recruiting players.

Fauna is not about control of living things, but rather about a connection with animals, specifically; they don't talk to the animals, but they just have a connection that results in animals taking a natural liking to those with the fauna gift. There is an ability to summon an animal, but once the spell is complete it simply vanishes rather than like... running off. If you look at our main thread you can see an example of this on page 6. However, Fauna cannot control living things. The most they can do would be similar to warging, if you are familiar with GOT, but that takes a lot of practice and skill and not something that would be easily achieved by a high school age student.

... That said, theoretically you could still have a character attempting to become some form of the undead. Just remember they would be in high school and so I don't know how seriously they would take it at that point? Also, it would be considered Dark Magic and thus forbidden, so it would be something that the character would have to keep top secret (while sharing a dorm with three other people). If it's something you're really wanting to do as a character concept, I'm definitely willing to talk it out with you. :>

Also, I'm not sure if the link got buried somewhere, but here is the IC thread, if you want to take a look. There is a lot of additional information in the tabs.

Well ill look it over, i understand its just kids stumbling around trying to find who they want to be and what they want in life and as such wouldn't be so grand at the art of dark magic more so as its hushed away but that's the fun, right? well ill read through the post and try to come up with something that could be acceptable for a character, till then. Ty for the response.

Name: Kenlei Crisp
Appearance: Golden blond curls to mid back, dark brown, almost black eyes, pale skin, dark brows. She stands at 5'5 with a slim build. She always dressed for perfection glossed lips and the right amount of eye make up.
Gift and status: Suspected water or wind

5340592668_8898220993_b.jpg

Jera Shou of the Illuskan Family

She’s 75% Japanese and 25% German
Mother is full Japanese and father is half Japanese, half German

Grade 9 at 15 years of age

Gift: Suspected either Wind or Fauna

Appearance:

She looks younger than she is. Waist length black hair kept in a neat braid when using magic and in a pony at all other times. Bangs brush her forehead, grown slightly longer on the side. Thin brows delicately arched above mischievous eyes of the palest blue dancing with a spark of madness. Almost china doll features with a delicate nose and rounded face, all pale as moonlight. Thin lips of pale pink always curved up in mirth, at a joke that no one can hear. She’s short, but no less graceful for it, her body comparable to that of a dancer’s. She’s thin and flexible, often found casually stretching whenever the need strikes her. She is fleet footed and quick, often finding it hard to stand still. Her figure is small and compact without many curves. Small crimson butterfly tattoo on her left ankle with wings spread. Tendency towards nonsensical babble and can often be found staring intently off into space with a small smile curving her lips. Voice is melodic and higher pitched, sounding hauntingly childlike at times. Her voice, despite its oddities, is strangely pleasant to listen to and often seeps with hidden meaning.
She’s kind, and strange. She isn’t antisocial, but doesn’t often seem to fit in with others. This suits her just fine, she enjoys observing. She’s content in her ways and is always in for a bit of mischief when the opportunity presents itself. She studies hard and learns quickly, but you’d never know it unless watching her in action. Occasionally she will be called from the school for family matters or meet someone on school grounds that looks vaguely similar to her. If asked, she’ll smile and give half answers that leave the questioner wondering.

View attachment 1555

Last edited:
@Draco Shadowdragon Hello! I don't think glass specialization would be an ability because it would involve two gifts (fire and earth) rather than just earth. Unfortunately I don't think that's something I am willing to approve. However, if you are willing to alter his gift or just leave it at earth, I'd be fine with that. Also, can you please pitch to me what you mean by water absorption, so I'm sure I understand correctly.

@WimsyWillow You don't have to, but I would consider changing her grade to either 9th or 11th, only because we literally have zero 10th graders at this point and it would be hard to find interactions as she wouldn't have classes with any of the other students, except potentially during an elective.

Now, how would you like me to join the school? Always there or new transfer student? (I’ll star rping when I get home from work tonight)

Now, how would you like me to join the school? Always there or new transfer student? (I’ll star rping when I get home from work tonight)

It's up to you. Personally I think it's fine if they've always been there, but if you would rather be a transfer let me know and we can work that out.

@BrookeDi would she be able to specialize in magnetism magic? it magnetism revolves around minerals and minerals make up earth.
For the water absorbtion magic I was thinking that he touches something with his wand and it dehydrates what it touches

@BrookeDi would she be able to specialize in magnetism magic? it magnetism revolves around minerals and minerals make up earth.
For the water absorbtion magic I was thinking that he touches something with his wand and it dehydrates what it touches

Let me get back to your on the magnetism. As for the water thing, I don't know if that would necessarily be a specialization, rather it would be a skill he could acquire over his lifetime.

I should make it clear that specializations are not necessary as most specializations would come after high school.

Already Approved

Name: Jake Mascaretti
Nationality: American (first generation American-Italian)
Gift: Fire (declared)
Appearance: Jake dresses how ever he feels that day whether it be a black shirt and jeans or white shirt and tie under a button down with a hoodie xD. He has shaggy blonde hair, green eyes, and a pair of black-rimmed glasses. He stands at 5'8.

178106063.jpg

If it's a skill do I need to put it in the Gifts section. If anything else I'm fine playing as a regular earth gift.
No, generally it's just the gift. At this point we can start with the earth gift and you and I can talk a little more in depth before going forward with magnetism. :>

Back